You can't go home by yourself!

Pretty (annoying) Boy

 Which member of EXO will we meet next?

KWANG AHRI'S POINT OF VIEW:

Oh ! Why are there always people appearing behind my back if I am not looking? The first time it was Taemin now probably some manager who will roast me alive and throw me to the dogs to devour.

His face is like a mask of pure wrath, I fear for my life.

All of a sudden he starts moving in our direction his eyes are blazing (Please, someone save me!). I flinch expecting to be attacked or strangled, but he charges past me and walks over to Lu Han and Jerk.

“Where were you? I told you just this morning that you have a shooting for Ceci! I was looking all over the place for you!

I had to embarrass myself and had to tell them that the shooting had to be canceled because you ran off. The producer of Ceci was extremely pissed off all day and the others had to deal with him while you were having fun dancing.

I am getting fired if something like this ever happens again! I’ll rather cut off my own arm than letting you run off once again.“

He seems to be scolding bowl-cut jerk. I am relieved that he hasn’t attacked me but I kind of pity Jerk (just for a second then I feel like he deserves it).

Jerk’s facial expression changes from scared to irritated the moment he opens his mouth to respond Taemin steps in front of him.

“I am very sorry, Zo Manager-nim. I called him this morning and asked him to perform today. He agreed and said he notified you.” Jerk steps forward pushing Taemin to the side, Luhan silently watches the scenario.

“I asked Sehun to tell you. He was at the dorm all day.”

He points at Sehun who is still trying to brush off the mud and dirt. Sehun looks puzzled. “Oh...” He face palms and rubs his eyes.

“Oh … I forgot. Luhan made me watch anime with him.” He shouts accusingly, all eyes turn to Lu Han.

“What? Why me again? I didn’t do anything wrong! It’s your fault.” Luhan bawls at jerk. “You should have told Manager-nim personally. “

“I couldn’t I had to hurry or I had been too late for practice! It’s Sehun’s fault!” Suddenly Sehun appears on my side I Jerk (he surprised me) he clutches his cap in one hand and glares at jerk.

Lu Han seizes Jerk by the collar bringing his face close to Jerk’s, eyes piercing he says in a threatening low voice:

“If you had notified Manager-nim I wouldn’t be here right now but in my beloved bed, sleeping!” His voice becomes louder with every word till he screams the last ones. 

“Yeah, it’s not my fault that you are so stupid!” Sehun interjects lamely. “You are the youngest and are already suffering from dementia!” Jerk hisses freeing his shirt from Luhan’s grip.

“Hyung!” Sehun exclaims hurt. “Ok just shut up, all of you!” I intercept angrily, everyone looks surprised. I point at jerk.

“First of all it’s your fault for not telling the manager! It’s irresponsible!”

Jerk looks astonished, Taemin chuckles and Luhan sneers satisfied. “You aren’t any better! You act as if you were five years old and someone stole your candy. And you…” I point at Sehun. “I am sorry for kicking you if you have to deal with them every day.”

I trail off. Silence follows then the manager, Sehun and Taemin start laughing.

The manager pats on my back I flinch again.

“Good job girl! I have always wanted to kick Sehun’s rear end but I am sadly not aloud too, I’d lose my job. “He sighs his brows furrow.

“But who are you?”

Surprisingly Jerk answers. “She saved a girls live after the concert. And Taemin let her stay.” He doesn’t even look at me.

“Her name is Kwang Ahri. She is my fan.” Taemin says proudly putting an arm around my shoulder.

KIM JONG IN'S POINT OF VIEW:

WTF? What’s happening to Taemin today? He hates skinship with strangers, but with someone as close to him as me or Minho he acts totally different. Sometimes I feel like a Koala mother, cause he is so clingy. He doesn’t seem uncomfortable with her, though. Whatever…

“You saved someone’s life?” Luhan asks curiously. “I told you when we met earlier…”  Taemin says sounding annoyed.

“Really? Can’t remember.” Luhan answers innocently Taemin shoots him a look he shrugs. All eyes are fixed on Ah Ri.

“I… eh… Yeah. There was this girl she choked right in front of me and I helped her to breathe again. No big deal. She was here as well but left, as he …” She point’s at me. “Ran off. She was really disappointed I think she even cried.”

“What?! You made a girl cry, how could you?” Luhan exclaims and punches me.

“I just went back to the stage to look for something. How am I supposed to know that she’d cry?” I justify myself. “You have such a cold heart. If it had been me I’d have waited till she had left like a real gentleman. I bet you can’t even remember her name.” Luhan boasts.

“Park Minjae. A little, chubby girl wearing a pink EXO fan-shirt, ponytail and brown eyes. Happy?” I reply. Ah Ri gasps exaggerated.

“Wow! You aren’t a total jerk!” They laugh. I smile coldly at her. Just wait! I’ll pay you back. And you too Taemin!

One shouldn’t smile this scornfully when there are pictures of one like in your case! Some of them are really ugly…

“Ok sorry everybody, but it’s time to go home.” Manager-nim claps. “Come on, move!” Luhan and Sehun groan in disappointment.

“It was beginning to become funny!” Luhan sighs again. Sehun leaves when Luhan notices that his friend isn’t there he turns around running of as well.

“Hey! Sehun-aahh! Wait for me! Why are you always leaving without me?” I hope Luhan gets a good night’s sleep I can’t take him like this anymore.

How is it possible that his personality changes from a beast’s to a little girl’s from one moment to the other?  

“Ok let’s go.” Taemin declares dragging Ahri with him. She throws a last glare at me. I want to follow them as Manager-nim holds me back by putting his hands on my shoulders he looks me directly in the eye.

“If something like this ever happens again you’ll spend your holidays in the SM basement without seeing daylight for a really long time.” He is dead serious.

I have no choice, but to believe him he takes his job extremely serious.

One time after our debut we did really bad at one of our first talking shows and he would train with us every day for several hours (for over a month!):

He made us tell jokes, train different reactions and laughs, made us play silly games involving helium, bird costumes, modeling and answering over one million questions about our dorm life and private behavior.

It was horrible!

He acted as a MC and had it even filmed, so we could see our reactions on screen. After remembering this, I just nod. “Sorry.” He smiles pleased by my answer.

“It’s Ok, come let’s drive home.” He pats my back we make our way back over the stage out of the stadium and soon catch up with the others.

“I am so tired!” I can hear Ahri saying she is stretching her body, Luhan, Sehun and Taemin walking beside her. “Me too!” Luhan yawns and scratches his head. “It has been a very long day!” Taemin agrees. Sehun nods.

“It’s good that we have nothing to do tomorrow.” He yawns too I run up to him and put one arm around his shoulder putting all my weight on to it.

“Oh I am sorry to destroy your dream, but we have got to train tomorrow. We have to choreograph something for this fashion event we are having a solo performance.”

Sehun groans and rubs his temples. “Seriously?” “Yeah it’s this week and just the three of us.”

“What me too?” Luhan droops. “Oh come on, guys! Dancing is fun.” Taemin exclaims happily. All three of us say at the same time:

“Shut up!” Ah Ri walking between me and Luhan giggles. We give her a look. She laughs. “Sorry. I have nothing to do tomorrow. I have semester break.” The glares become more intense. “Manager-nim! Please give us some days off!”

Luhan shouts craning his neck to the back, Manager-nim is walking behind us arms crossed. “Not the slightest chance.” He replies coldly.

Groans again.

KWANG AHRI'S POINT OF VIEW:

The air is cold and smells of rain as we enter the night through the glass doors. I look back the glass front looms above us cold, huge and immovable.

“SM. Concert Hall” is written in gigantic, black block letters on it cresting the top of the building.

The hall is the only building that isn’t glowing in some colour, just some lights are shining on the letters so that one can read them, but the rest of the building is just visible, because of the lights of the late night shops, street lights and cars.

People are wandering about the pavement lined by trees, couples holding hands, groups of friends laughing traveling from one club to another one, men in business suits hurrying home from work-People of all ages.

Manager-nim is hushing us along.

I notice a change the guys were so cheerful, all of them are silent and cover their heads with hoodies or caps, eyes averting the ones of pedestrians. We are walking quickly and they keep close to each other me in the middle.

We just walk around the building. 

The traffic noises are becoming quieter the more we walk along the little alley between the two buildings a neon arrow points at a staircase leading underground. It seems that the two buildings SM Concert Hall and the skyscraper next to it are sharing a car parking.

I stop, shaking my head in confusion. “Wait! I forgot that I took the subway. Sorry I have to go the other way. It was nice to meet you.” I bow deep. “Goodbye!” I shout smiling I wave and turn around to leave.

“Yah! You can’t just go!” I hear the Jerk brawling. “Yeah, he is right it’s too dangerous in middle of the night to go home by your-self. And you said your friends aren’t at home!” Taemin adds. OMG how much did I tell him about me?

Oh yeah on the way to find Jerk, I told him that I currently live  alone and that my family moved to Australia. I feel like I already know him very well. “There are bad people out there!” Luhan yells.

“Guys, I am fine. I am old enough to go home by myself!” I reply screaming.

“No, we will drop you off!” The Manager-nim declares. It seems like I have no other choice. I don’t fight it because I am sooooo tired. “Ok.” I surrender and walk back joining them again. “Thanks.” I say. Luhan smiles.

“No problem.” Manager-nim looks at him. “Are you the one driving?” Luhan looks surprised. “No… but..”

“Whatever.” Manager-nim makes his way down the dark staircase occasionally lights illuminated the space around them. Though, most of the steps can’t be seen, it’s too dark. We carefully make our way down.

On the last few steps I am too confident and overlook one stair and slip I see myself falling down breaking my neck I screech. A hand grabs my arm. I take a deep breath steadying myself again. My heart is racing, after I have calmed down a bit I look up!

It’s Sehun! He looks really good in this light:

The lights are a little bit yellow and weak, so just three quarters of his face are visible, shadows covering his cheek bones embodying his long face. The light is reflected golden in his eyes they suddenly look soft and warm, not like before:

Before they were cold regarding me skeptically. He isn’t wearing his cap anymore. His hair is parted to one side, only the hair line is black the rest of his hair is dyed light brown.

His hair shines (a little bit golden) the way you would give everything to touch it, because it looks so soft.

“Are you, ok?” he asks. “Yeah, think so. Thanks.” The nods and everything is back to old again, the kindness leaving his eyes his warm hand letting go of my arm. The spot where he placed his hand feels cold. He goes on without a glance back.

Disappointment fills my heart making it hard to breathe. I am surprised by my own feelings. Taemin has stopped to see what happened I quickly flash a smile at him (I hope he hasn’t noticed anything. I am so stupid I just slipped.)

I shake my head. “Everything’s all right.” I hurry to catch up with him, the others have already reached the end of the stairs and can’t be seen from my spot.

 

The underground parking area is just as gigantic as the stadium! Neon lights are enlightening the whole place walls and floor are made out of grey concrete. The smell of cars lingers in the air, even-though there are none to be seen.

Walk a long way down the hall. An orange number printed on the wall tells us that we are on the first level. So this parking-underground thingy has more than one story? This place is just huge.

“It was really crowded when we came and it took over ten minutes to find a parking place.” I can’t help but glance at Sehun talking to Jerk some meters away. I pout. Man!

“Ah, there it is!” Taemin exclaims relieved pointing at a grey van. He bends down to whisper to me. “And I feared Zo Manager-nim was lost.” I laugh. Luhan notices our whispers.

“What is it? Tell me!”

“Taemin said he had been scared that Manager-nim had no idea where your car had been parked.”

Luhan laughs frantically clapping his hands.

“Haha! Everything is possible with Manager-nim! This one time…” He starts telling a story, but Manager-nim cuts him off. “Wait till we get back!” Manager-nim says coolly, Luhan falls silent, swallowing. Poor Luhan!

 

The van is gigantic, like every other thing this night. It is gray and has tinted windows. Manager-nim notices my startled expression.

“I thought I might have to pick up Shinee and Luhan, Sehun and our runaway-prince here.” He gives Jerk a cold look, Jerk smiles pained.

Manager-nim presses a button on his car keys the van responds with a flashing of its lights and a beep sound. Jerk opens the sliding door and reveals a grey inside with light grey seats on the side of the sliding door there is a row of two single seats and on the other there are three couple seats and in the back a seating bench with space for three people.

So together with the driver’s and co-driver’s seat there is space for twelve people, I doubt any group would need this much, ok except Super Junior.

In the single seat next to the door sits a boy, he is looking at his smartphone, but as the doors slides open he jumps out of surprise, eyes wide open. His eyes meet mine and he flashes a big smile.