Big Surprise!!!

Pretty (annoying) Boy

 

 For what will Ah Ri decide: Leaving or staying?

KWANG AH RI’S POINT OF VIEW:

My jaw drops to the floor: I will be in Shanghai in five days with EXO…

“What is this SMtown concert?”

Not only Lu Han is now giddy with excitement, but all of them.

“It’s a SM Town Live World Tour takes place every year in different cities: Tokyo, Beijing, Seoul and many more. All SM entertainers take part in it: Super Junior, TVXQ, Girls Generation, EXO-“

I have to interrupt Manager-nim:

“And Shinee?” He nods: “Shinee too.”

“Yessss!” I yell and punch the air. Taemin-ah and in China together!!!

I think I can’t take it I am so happy I could die! I’ll watch Taemin live again, without paying, OMG just awesome

I do a little victory dance, singing “Taemin-aaaah! – Chinaaa!” In my head, maybe I can even see him backstage. I feel like a VIP.

The others are a little irritated, Jong Dae, Lu Han and Baek Hyun join my dance. Kyung Soo and Joon Myeon are smiling happily, shaking their heads feeling embarrassed for us. I high-five Lu Han. 

All of a sudden a thought crosses my mind. Why is Manager-nim coming with this just now? Is he trying to advertise SM to me…?

I don’t care if he does I think I will be able to make a choice without falling for decoys or promises. I’ll have to decide tomorrow:

Training to become an idol and giving up on my dream to go to China to become a professional in Chinese History or choosing a carrier as History expert and giving up on dancing and a new won dream?

The importance of this decision strikes me: it will change my future rigorously.

If I want to be a trainee I won’t have time for studying or my family, friends, not much spare time…

I don’t know if it is the right thing to do… I bite my lip.

Ottokashi?

All the excitement and festivity left me I realize that this has been a dream: Meeting Taemin (my absolute dream guy), these good looking kind boys, this “training”.

It’s nothing but daydreaming.

I know from Taemin’s interviews I watched that you have to work really hard to become an idol, the competition is fierce, it’s not just talent but stamina and strength, both physically and mentally. And it isn’t even sure if you will be successful or fail.

The chance of failing is immoderately high. It’s risky…

Chinese History on the other side isn’t that risky, I am already studying it, though I would have to go to China there are jobs and you can make good money…

I speak Chinese, love history…

It’s securer…

Manager-nim left to tell the remaining members about it. The others are continuing to practice singing.

I sit down pretending to study the lyrics. The next time I take a look at my phone watch it’s already ten o’clock. I am not the only one who noticed.

Joon Myeon claps: “Good work everybody! Let’s go home!”

“What is it already this late?!” Baek Hyun asks in disbelieve.

Kyung Soo laughs: ”Time for dinner!”

All of a sudden Jong Dae and Lu Han come to new live. “Let’s get the others!”

Lu Han is out of the door in a matter of seconds. “Wait for me!” Jong Dae shouts.

“What are you going to cook?” Baek Hyun asks his Hyung curiously. “Hmm let me think…” They leave too.

Joon Myeon approaches me as I don’t attempt to follow them. “Come on, don’t you want to go home?”

I fake-smile at him. “Sure, but I have to learn those.” I pat the folder with the song lyrics.

“You don’t have to! At least not today, take your time with it.”

“Still, I think I will stay a little longer, I will go with Manager-nim.” I insist knowing that Manager-nim will work late.

“No one is going to stop you if you want to. I just thought it be nice to have dinner all together. It’s the first time.”

“Maybe tomorrow. Good night, Joon Myeon.” I have to put all my effort into not sounding like I’ll cry any moment.

Though I am…

“Yeah, see you tomorrow. Don’t come home to late.” Joon Myeon smiles at me waving.

The door clacks shout behind him.

I am alone.

KIM JOON MYEON’S POINT OF VIEW:

Ah Ri-ya worries me a bit…

Lu Han is driving I am sitting on the co driver’s side.

“Where is Ah Ri?!” “Yeah where is she?” Jong Dae and Baek Hyun ask from the back.

Most of the members are with us, we took the big van.

Only Tao-ya looks relieved not to see Ah Ri inside the van. “She wanted to stay to learn the lyrics.”

Lu Han glances at me: “I don’t know about that, she seemed down after Manager-nim left.”

“Is she in love with him and sad that he didn’t talk to her?” Min Seok-ah asks in disbelieve.

“No Stupid. She would never fall in love with him, he is an old geezer!” Jong Dae exclaims shocked punching Min Seok-ah’s side.

“He is just thirty-two!” Yixing says: “Old is like forty…”

“Still Ah Ri is nineteen!” Kyung Soo looks shocked at the thought of Ah Ri with Manager-nim and their .

“Manager-nim is good looking, though…” Min Seok-ah mumbles.

“We are hotter!” Tao bursts out, it’s first time he said something.

Some break out in laughter, Chan Yeol slaps his upper leg laughing freakishly.

“Shut up!” I call from the front. “And no Min Seok-ah, sorry to disappoint you, she isn’t in love with Manager-nim-“

Min Seok groans: “Damn, I was so sure of it.” Jong Dae looks incredulously at him.

Lu Han interrupts me: “I think she has problems to decide, because after we celebrated going to China she went silent and didn’t smile anymore looking thoughtfully.”

“Aww…” The others express their sympathy.

“I have an idea!” Chan Yeol raises his hand clicking his fingers, I throw a stern look at him and he stops clicking. “Sorry…” The joyfulness vanishes from his face replaced by a guilty expression.

I sigh…

“Yes, Chan Yeol, it’s your turn.” His face lights up in glee: “We should do something to cheer her up!”

“Good idea!” Baek Hyun states his agreement.

“What did you think of?” I ask and Lu Han takes a left turn to the center of the town again.

KIM JONG IN’S POINT OF VIEW:

Sehun and I are the only ones staying longer, the others left about two hours ago.

Sehun said he’d look for Manager-nim, because he had to clear something with him about the upcoming SMtown concert. I really look forward to it:

I love standing on stage with our Sunbaes and Rookies, it’s so much fun with Taemin and all the others… I have to smile at the welcoming thought.

I continue dancing, but I can’t stay focused, because of the pain in my ankle. I have had to clench my teeth all day to make it through the intense training, I have to push my boundaries further...

The dubstep music ends with one strong beat, I turn and look in the mirror:

I am sweat-soaked, my hair plastered to my temples, my shirt clinging to my body. I wipe the sweat away and start anew.

Focused on dancing I don’t notice someone coming into the room, I yell in surprise as I see a familiar shape in the mirror. (I hate it when someone comes in and you don’t realize it, it’s a jump scar….Every freaking time...)

The surprise guest startled me so much that I lose my balance and sprain my ankle once again.

I drop to the ground holding it in pain.

“Aigoo! Are you alright?” Ah Ri kneels down beside me I shoot her a look.

“I am sorry I didn’t know I’d scare you this much. Though, why are you training? You should rest!”

She presses a bottle of cold water onto the wound, I snatch the bottle from her, limping to the couch to inspect my ankle further.

I hope she would leave. Sadly she is too stupid to understand an intelligent being like me.

Her concerned gaze penetrates me till I can’t stand it anymore and snap:

“I can’t fall behind. The fashion show is in four days and the concert in five.”

Her brows furl: “But if you overdo it now, you won’t be able to take part in both, the show and concert. It’s not good to let your health suffer.”

I look at her anger welling inside of me: “You can’t understand what it takes to be an idol.”

Suddenly her face drops, she looks sad- hurt… Did I go too far?

“You’re right. I can’t – I am not capable- of understanding your situation. Still I think it’s wrong to hurt yourself by doing the things you love the most.”

Ah Ri gives me one last, sad look, gets up to leave, she has reached the door, but hesitates her hand on the door knob.

She turns around:

“Why did you want to be an idol? What made you join SM?”

She is so easy to read… I shake my head in amusement:

“You can’t decide, can you?”

She glares at me and attempts to leave opening the door.

“I saw it on TV. “ I say, she pauses.

No noise can be heard it is dead silent in the room, the lights reflect in the dark wooden floor, here is nobody but us.

I grin recalling the days I spent persuading my Appa to let me learn Jazz, Ballet and watching the many music shows on TV admiring the dancers.

“I saw entertainers on TV and wanted to be like them, dancing, singing, they were fascinating me. I started to learn Ballet and Jazz in second grade of elementary school. I wanted nothing but dance, that made me join SM.”

She approaches me: “But why? What’s your goal?”

I laugh: “I don’t know, I just like to dance and sing so I am dancing and singing.”

“Didn’t you think of the risks you had to take?!” She sounds desperate.

“I did and my family supported me. I think if you work hard enough you can achieve your dream… It’s not easy though you can make it if you’re strong.”

KWANG AH RI’S POINT OF VIEW:

I feel like nothing beside him, I called him a Jerk all the time, he may be one, however he is no coward like I am.

I wouldn’t even take a slight risk to do that what I want to: 

I have been dancing for over six years, I feel the happiest when I am dancing, not when I am studying history.

I realize I don’t want to give up on dancing, on this dream, on this live I have been living the last two days.

Jong In runs a hand through his hair the bracelet glistens silvery, he said his sister gave it to him so that he won’t forget his real name, not who he really is.

I smile, he hasn’t.

Tears are welling in my eyes I feel freed from all the doubts. I will try it. I, Kwang Ah Ri!

 

“You are still a Jerk to me, Jong In-ah!” I sniffle, wiping the tears away.

He laughs at me. “You are so ugly while crying, even uglier than Joon Myeon!” He clutches his stomach. “How – is.. Hahaha—that possible…?”

I run up to him to kick his healthy shin, he groans rolling of the couch, still laughing.

As I want to kick him again Sehun enters the room together with Manager-nim. Sehun looks shocked, then bursts out in laughter and high-fives me, giving Jong In a kick too.

“Yah! Why are you kicking me too?! I didn’t do anything to you!”

Jerk scrambles up looking wildly at Sehun-ah. “Just because.”

“Ok stop! Let’s just go home!” Manager-nim commands.

KIM JONG IN’S POINT OF VIEW:

I am sitting with crossed arms next to the van’s window glaring at Sehun.

How could he dare to do that!? He is younger than me!

I look forward to the next Weekly Idol I will kick him harder this time… Just wait, you brat!

To my annoyance Ah Ri looks happy again she even talks to Sehun, laughing, smiling, throwing her hair back, bating her eyelashes at him, giving her everything.

So annoying, does she think she can make him fall for her.?

NO ONE OF EXO WOULD EVER! She is just a lowly lifeform.

We get of the car and I have to get a grip of myself not to groan in pain while walking.

It’s dark inside.

We enter the living room and are scared to death as the lights go on and all the other EXO members shout: “Welcome Ah Ri-ya!!!!!”

Ah Ri herself is dumbstruck, the color draining from her face.

Her eyes shine wet, she is moved to tears…?!

The others look concerned, not getting the reaction they wanted.

“Chan Yeol! You made her cry!” Baek Hyun yells accusingly.

“Yeah, it was your stupid idea!” Jong Dae punches Chan Yeol’s shoulder.

“What?! I just-“ He tries justifying himself, though he is interrupted by Ah Ri hugging him tightly: “Thank you so much! You are so cute!”

Chan Yeol’s distressed expression changes to a self-pleased one, his arms go around Ah Ri’s body that seems extremely little next to his.

“The party wasn’t Chan Yeol’s idea it was Lu Han’s…” Min Seok-ah tosses in.

Ah Ri just laughs, wiping a tear away. “Thank you! Everybody!”

Kyung Soo raises a hand: “I made the food.” Ah Ri hugs him smiling.

“I blew up the balloons!” Jong Dae exclaims, he is the next one to be hugged.

“I hung up the banner!” Baek Hyun points at the colorful piece of cloth hanging above the table spelling “Welcome Ah Ri-ya!” In scribbled letters.

“I decorated!” Tao yells.

After she hugged everyone except me and Sehun we start our midnight snack: Eggrolls, kimbap and various side dishes.

The dorm is filled with laughter and loud voices, everyone bickers, discusses, stories are told.

 

At around two am we start going to bed, I am the last to wash up as I leave Jong Dae’s, Joon Myeon’s and my room, I see Ah Ri coming out of the bathroom with a strange facial expression, she is staring at her phone at biting her lip lost in thoughts.

She doesn’t see me coming: I take my chance and snatch the phone from her grip.

“Yah!” Is she blushing? She struggles to get her phone back.

Now I want to know what she is looking at…She has no chance getting it back till I know what’s going on.

I shove her away. A new Kakao text: “Sweet dreams :)”

I gasp as I recognize the sender’s name: Taemin!!!! WTF?!!!!!!!! Why is he texting her?

“Sweet dreams” Ewww that gives me the chills….

She has stopped struggling to get her cell back: Her face is flushed.

Oh no…. I groan in despair. Want to hand it back, a intuition stops me.

Before she can react I type a message and click send, a “ding” confirms that the text is send.

I give it back to her and hurry to the bathroom.

LEE TAEMIN’S POINT OF VIEW:

I stare in disbelieve at my phone:“<3 U!!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”

The phone slides from my grip hitting my mattress with a thud.  

 

 

 

 

I hope you liked this chapter and it isn't too silly! I had fun writing it...

OMG there is a rumor that EXO will have their comback in 10 days! On the 25th! So excited!

And there is a video with Tao kissing a girl, Omo so cute!!!!! My friends said they thought he'd be the last to get a girlfriend. They are so mean!!!