Little Devil and Jerk

Pretty (annoying) Boy

A fight between Ah Ri and Jong In?!

OH SEHUN’S POINT OF VIEW:

“So what’s your favorite color?”

Ah Ri asks as we make our way back to the dorm.

The streets are abandoned, faint traffic noise is to be heard and the night starts to get chillier.

I bet the others are already asleep- I would, if I had to get up at five o’clock to be at the airport at six.

“I don’t really know…maybe black or white…”

She chuckles:

“That aren’t even colors, but I guess now I know what to look for…” Her voice softens with every word till I can’t hear the last ones. She rubs her temple thoughtfully.

“And for clothes too?”

“I guess so.” A pause enfolds between us, she is in thoughts and I don’t know what to talk about.

I check the surroundings for suspicious-looking characters; my head turns hectically back as I hear a questionable sound: a ruffling of leaves.

I stare at the dark street behind us for some time till I shake my head in confusion. I am getting paranoid, I am happy to have an older brother and no younger sister; I guess I would go crazy from worries.

All the lights are turned off as we enter the dorm, it is unusually quiet. All of them are fast asleep; I hope Lu Han gets his beauty sleep- I don’t want to hang around him all day if he is in bad mood.

At the second floor we split up, but before she can open the door to her room I have to ask:

”Are you alright now? Can you sleep easy?”

A shy smile parts her lips, in her low voice she says:

”Yeah, thanks to you.”

Her dark eyes form to crescent moons and dimples make her smile even cuter.

Thankful for the semi-darkness that conceals my light blushing I nod and wish her good night’s sleep.

After having washed up in sink into my mattress:

Today was exhausting all the training for SMtown and for tomorrow’s performance.  I fall asleep to Lu Han’s and Kyung Soo’s steady hypnotizing breathing, clearing my mind from Ah Ri’s scared, then smiling face.

We won’t let anything happen to her, she is now part of EXO, our- my family.

KWANG AH RI’S POINT OF VIEW:

I try really hard to fall asleep, but somehow I can’t, when I said to Sehun I would be ok I believed 100% in that moment.

However, now, in the darkness of Yixing’s and my room, I feel alone, even though I can hear Yixing faintly snoring, and it seems impossible to me to get a wink of sleep.

I cup my face with my hands rubbing my eyes: Why did it have to be today?

Couldn’t this scary guy appear some other time, when I don’t have to leave the country the next day and need my sleep?!

Though, I have to keep myself from squealing as I think of Sehun’s smile.

HE really smiled, I still can’t believe it;

all the time he seemed so cold and though, but now that I have seem his smiling face I want to make him smile more than before.

(Ok it was the first time he ever smiled at me… I think I will devote my life to make him smile: My new mission!)

Intelligent like I am, I asked for his favorite color, if I have time I will go and buy a new cap for him. The guilty conscience for ruining his favorite cap hasn’t left me.

I hope Jerk feels guilty for sending Taemin that message….grrrr….

Oh no, now I am thinking of him again; he is such a kid, chincha!!!!

I decide that it’s impossible for me to sleep now, as I sneak out of the dark room to get some water I notice the glass door leading outside onto the balcony, next to it there is a staircase.

I wonder what’s up there, maybe a rooftop.

Yes, it has to be the rooftop; I saw it earlier when I came back together with Sehun (Aaaww, Sehun!).

I have to force myself to stop to think about him and his (extremely) handsome smile.

As quietly as possible I climb the steep stairs to the rooftop, it’s more a ladder than actual stairs.

The door at the end of the staircase-ladder is hard to open; I have to push with all my force to open it slightly.

KIM JONG IN’S POINT OF VIEW:

I don’t know what’s wrong with me, though, I couldn’t fall asleep.

Just like at SM the rooftop is my favorite place it is my favorite place at our dorm too.

Here you can breathe freely, following your thoughts without being disturbed, and if you look down the lives of passers-by seem far away, you can escape problems to think clearly about them and find a way to solve them, or you just listen to music daydreaming.

Anyway, today I can’t do anything of those things:

I listen to music, but can’t calm down, try to distance myself from the real world, but I am stuck in here and now, the worst is:

I can’t think clearly.  

I sit next to the huge plants listening to music and look down onto the deserted street.

I have to put all effort into ignoring the pain my ankle gives me; it was ok when I was distracted by practice or talking to the others, now it is almost unbearable. I hope it will get better tomorrow; I can’t skip the performance or the concert.

The only thing that can distract me from the pain is thinking of what makes me upset.

I bit my lip, why am I even upset?

It is normal for someone to text with others; friends do that; I do it every day.

But why is she texting with him and not Lu Han, Jong Dae, Kyung Soo or any other one?

Why not with…. me?

There are three possible reasons:

1. She hasn’t got my phone number.

2. She dislikes me.

3. Because we see each other most of the day.

I guess all three reasons are true… So now the three reasons, why she texts with Taemin:

1. She likes him so she gave him her phone number.

2. She likes him.

3. She misses him all day, because they don’t see each other that often.

I would say all three reasons are true too.

What upsets me more is, I texted him that and he doesn’t even reject her, but says he would like her in future: My plan to protect Hyung from her failed.

Seriously she is just annoying, I knew it from the beginning she would be trouble.

I put my head between my legs rubbing my temples, as the devil comes to see me burn in hell:

Ah Ri stands in front of me wearing pajama shorts and t-shirt. Her hairs falls lose to her hip, her arms crossed in front of her chest shifting her weight on one leg.

Slowly I pull one earbud out of my ear to survey her with narrowed eyes:

“What do you want?”

My voice is cold without any emotion and any of the built-up anger.

For a moment she just stares at me, then, to my surprise, she sits down next to me. There is space for two between us.

She pulls her legs up to rest her head on her knees, hugging her legs tightly to her body. Something seems wrong with her too, she is too silent to be in a good mood.

Still, I keep my distance my body rigid from the tension of my muscles, I watch her silently. After what seems like ages she answers:

“I couldn’t sleep.”

An awkward pause enfolds, till she starts to talk again:

“When I walked back from home someone followed me. It scared me. Luckily, I met Sehun and nothing happened, anyhow that hunted feeling hasn’t left me…”

I am irritated.

“What do you want from me?” is the only thing I ask.

She glares at me, her voice sounds perturbed:

“I don’t know, maybe just some nice words?”

“Why should I , when I am still a Jerk to you?” I snap.

“See you do it again: acting like a total Jerk. If you’d say something nice and wouldn’t annoy me all the time, it might change my attitude towards you.”

“I am sorry, but I can’t change who I am! You are the problem not I!” I almost shout into her face. 

“What? I? I haven’t done anything to you!”

I laugh outraged.

“Are you kidding me?! You always behave like a little cute girl to everyone, just to me you show your real face: A mean, ugly and little devil!

“Are you serious?!” Her eyes are dark, piercing inside of my soul, a doubting look. I frown at her, not breaking the eye contact.

“That’s it! I am out of here!” Ah Ri stands up and clomps to the door.  

Halfway she turns around to yell at me: “And I was this stupid to start to like you! I thought that you were nicer if I just got to know you better!

I was even sad that you avoided and ignored me for the last two days! I missed your annoying comments! But now I regret it!

You are just a stupid, idiotic Jerk!

She turns around storming away. Her hand already on the door handle as I grip her by the wrist pulling her back.

“Yah! Let go of me!” Ah Ri struggles against my grip which only tightens more, her struggling becomes more intense with every second passing. I can’t hold her back much longer.

I inhale deeply and force myself to say those words: “So- Sorry… I didn’t mean to hurt you-… I was just…”

I let go off her, she jerks around with piercing eyes:

“What? What were you?!” Her face screwed up in anger.

“I was just upset and vent my frustration on you…”

“So you are taking back what you said?” Her arms crossed in front of her chest she lifts an eyebrow at me. I rub my arm, suddenly uncomfortable.

“Guess so…”

“You “guess”?”

“Okay, I take it back, happy?!”

“It’s a first step. But what made you this angry?” Now pure curiousness shows in her eyes observing my expression, I scratch the back of my head while biting my lip.

“I don’t know.” I can’t admit that I was annoyed about her texting with Taemin, can I?

“You don’t know?” She says; her voice full of sarcasm and disbelief.

I shrug her gaze is penetrating me for what feels like a whole century, when she decides that I won’t say anything interesting anymore.

I slowly walk backwards fixing her eyes with mine back to the bank next to the plants while I try to involve her into a conversation.

“So you couldn’t sleep, because of this stalker? Did you have a nightmare?” I ask sincerely.

“Ah now you are suddenly interest in me or what?...Whatever, I don’t know I was scared, I never have been stalked before, so I don’t know how to deal with it.”

“Just try to ignore it, most of them go after some time…”

“You talk like you have some experience with stalkers.”

I sit cross-legged down facing her:

“Most of them are fans and go after they have shot your picture. You better get used to it, if you are going to debut there will be many situations like this: With penetrating fans or just crazy people. They even attacked us or placed a camera inside of a gift they gave to me.”

Chincha?! That’s horrible, did you find the camera?”

“Yeah, the airport security found it inside the eye of the teddy bear. Nothing happened, but that wasn’t the only incident.” I sigh.

Her face shows empathy and sorrow: “Are you ok with that?”

I let out a dry laugh. “Eventually you’ll have to approve of it, nothing can change some people or what they do. Sometimes I forget why I am doing all this, being an idol, you know, and then I try to remember why.”

I make a pause for a dramatic effect.

“Because I love singing and dancing, that’s the only reason I need.”

slightly agape she looks at me with saucer eyes: “Wow. Sometimes you amaze me…

You always act like a Jerk and then I hear something like this out of your mouth.”

I look at her dumbfounded. Her face brightens up, she punches my side:

“Just kidding! You are ok….As a person, I mean.”

As I continue to look at her incredulously (How can she be this angry devil and cute or frightened girl all at once?) she starts laughing.

“Haha! You should see your own face!” She slaps her upper leg in delight and has to hold her stomach, because it starts to hurt from all this laughing.

I can’t help but smile at her happy face and the thought of stealing her phone tomorrow to keep her from chatting with Taemin all day and he won’t be able to stop me!

He is in China!

My mood lightens, but there is this sense of foreboding somewhere in my mind. I clench my teeth at the thought of the dark shape that followed her.

KWANG AH RI’S POINT OF VIEW:

Happily I sneak my way back to Yixing’s and my room.

I fall asleep with a big smile on my face:

I wasn’t wrong Jong In isn’t such a Jerk as I thought all along. I recall he was the one who made me join SM by making me realize what my real dream was.

Even if he is annoying and sometimes mean he has confidence in himself and is actually considerate of others.

Excitement starts to build up inside of me:

Tomorrow everything is going to start: The fashion show, the concert, Shanghai.

China...

Wow, I still can’t believe it. I am going together with all of the others and Taemin!!! abroad…  Sehun, I really want to see them live! Especially Sehun…)

Welcome to your new life, Kwang Ah Ri.

KIM JONG IN’S POINT OF VIEW:

The pain in my ankle comes back as I try to make my way as quietly as possible to my room.

I think I will have to clench my teeth for the next two days.

I can’t fail…

 

 

 

 

He is seriously the most handsome member in EXO.... ^____^; 

I hope you liked this chapter... It was a bit more serious, but Ah Ri and Jong In had to sort out their little dispute. He is slowly showing feelings for her, I wonder if he'll be able to make it through the fashion show and concert with his injurned ankle...>.< No worries the chapter will be more cheerfull, promised!!!