Embarrassing Pictures, Gifts and confusing Numbers

Pretty (annoying) Boy

KIM JONG DAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

The van’s door rattles shut; our luggage is safely stored in the back and everyone buckles up.

I gulp, I won’t see Ah Ri for another twenty-four hours; it’s now 5 am and Ah Ri’s flight arrives in Shanghai at 6 am so I will see her in around twenty-five hours.

Twenty-five hours, that are 1.500 minutes or 90.000 seconds! And don’t forget we just woke up so we slept and during that time I haven’t seen her to!!

And she left earlier so the last time I have seen her was yesterday at ten pm… From ten pm it’s two hours till midnight and from midnight to five am…

5 so that’s seven hours plus twenty-five…

32 hours!!!

I gasp in shock, I hastily tip into my phone calculator 32 times 60 to get the exact number of minutes as Min Seok-ah leans curiously to me to see what made my gasp in pure shock, but before he can ask I let my phone slip into my pocket.

“Why are you this jumpy?”

Min Seok-ah asks being nosiness itself.

“Er…nothing.”

I blow up my cheeks and let out another sigh, leaning back into the car’s seat.

32 hours…

I don’t know how I am going to survive this, it’s worse than losing one of my clutches!

But then a thought strikes my mind, I have an epiphany.

Now I can…

I have to swallow before mumbling the words quietly to myself:

I can text her.

KIM MIN SEOK’S POINT OF VIEW:

Jong Dae has been behaving strangely the whole morning, I think as Tao said he could enjoy a shower now without being scared of Ah Ri barging in, Jong Dae’s eyes became huge and he blinked frantically, like he wanted to hold back tears…

So I am not really surprised when he tugs his phone away at the speed of light and starts sighing like a Choo Choo Train, but as he turns around to the others- we are sitting in the front row, just behind the driver’s seat and yells.

“Does anyone want Ah Ri’s phone number?!! I bet she misses us already!!”

Everyone looks irritated at him, his face is bright and his eyes are sparkling in expectation.

“Ah Ri hasn’t even woken up…” Kyung Soo mutters under his breath to avoid being heard by gone nuts Jong Dae.

“I want!”

Chan Yeol’s hand shoots up, he starts clicking his fingers again and Joon Myeon-hyung sends him a warning look.

Chan Yeol immediately stops clicking, his face showing a tinge of guilty conscience.

It’s always like this if Chan Yeol-hyung is excited he starts clicking and bouncing like a puppy until Joon Myeon forces him to calm down again.

“Just say the number out loud.” Yixing suggests his phone in his hands and soon everybody is cramming for their phones, including me.

 

“What? 9 5 7 3?”

Yixing repeats the last numbers of Ah Ri’s number for the fifth time in a wrong order.

“No, it’s 7 5 9 3!”

Jong Dae says in a too loud (annoyed) voice.

“7 5 3 9?”

“No! 7! 5! 9! 3!!!!”

Jong Dae bawls at the top of his lungs, Yixing knitted brows lift in astonishment when his gaze leaves his phone’s screen and looks at Jong Dae’s in frustration screwed up face.

He has been oblivious till now to the fact that Jong Dae is extremely frustrated and everyone except him knows the number by heart after hearing it for the tenth time.

A tentative smile shows on Yixing’s face:

”7 5 9 ….1?”

Jong Dae face palms himself whimpering in frustration.

Where did that 1 come from? I ask myself.

Kyung Soo takes Yixing’s phone out of the latter’s hands and types in the right number and saves it.

Yixing smiles happily when he receives his phone with Ah Ri’s contact dates.

He proudly tugs his phone away humming a tune.

Jong Dae rubs his temples head between legs and Joon Myeon lets out a relieved loud:

“I am happy Lu Han isn’t here today…” A

nd we start laughing, the mood in the van is getting better by every second,

just Jong Dae resumes his sulking.

KIM JONG IN’S POINT OF VIEW:

We are sitting in the living room eating the breakfast Kyung Soo prepared for us.

(Kyung Soo is an angle; seriously, he is too nice for this world…)

Lu Han is the only one without circles under his eyes: Sehun eats silently looking happy but tired, if his eyes meet Lu Han’s or Ah Ri’s he gives a snug smile.

He sits beside me, I glance at him confused as he smiles at Ah Ri, he has never really talked to her and normally his attitude towards her is more conservative, but today he treats her differently:

A shy or encouraging smile here and there for a split second, then looking down onto his food again pretending nothing ever happened, though I notice the light change of his face color.

Ah Ri on the other side is in extremely good mood and chats lively with Lu Han beside her.

We are almost finished as a weird sound interrupts our little breakfast paradise.

Vrrr….Vrrr…vrr…

Startled I to seek the source of the weird noise, I need a moment to recognize the sound it’s a vibrating phone.

No one seems to care resuming their activities, Sehun is now talking to Ah Ri and Lu Han discussing about the fashion show this evening.

Vrrr…vrrr.vrrr…vrrr..

As the buzzing sound is to be heard for the fifteenth time I slam a hand down.

“Whose phone is that?!” I glare in the round, the culprit is quickly found.

Ah Ri waves with the white Samsung in her hands, just now I notice that we have got the same model of smart phone.

I mention her to hand me the cell phone with a sigh she hands it to me.

I press the home button; a code has to be entered before it can be used.

“What’s your code?”

“Wait I can…” She wants to snatch her phone away, however, I am quicker, moving my hand out of her reach. 

“Yah! Jong In-ah!!” Ah Ri squirms. “Give it back… please.”

Her eyes are dark and pleading like puppy eyes, she makes a pout. I shake my head demanding:

“What’s your code?”,

she lets out a desperate moan.

“Mmh?”

“07 18…”

“07 18… the 18th of July, wait that’s..” I smirk knowingly at the blushing dark haired girl.

Lu Han raises an eyebrow at us, looking from Ah Ri to me and to her again, his eyes are curiously observing everything.

“That’s Taemin’s birthday.”

Sehun laughs and leans in to get a better look at the bright screen showing a picture of- ….what a surprise- Taemin holding a white flower bouquet.

It looks like he is waiting for the girl he likes, leaning against the tree trunk with a small smile on his lips.

“Are you serious?” I turn the phone so that she and Lu Han can get a look at the background picture too.

She presses her palms to her redden cheeks glaring at me, Lu Han’s eyebrow arches higher and higher till her looks like he has some kind of fit.

“Come on it’s normal to have some star as wallpaper. You know I have got Miranda Kerr as background.”

Lu Han throws him a glance.

“You and your cyber romance…” He shakes his head in disbelieve.

“Just because I follow her on Instagram?!”

Lu Han lets out a laugh. “You should see your face when you look at her pictures, it is priceless!”

He imitates Sehun’s adoring face: big eyes, mouth formed to an O, he tends to exaggerate a bit with putting his palms to his cheeks letting out an aw-sound.

Now it is Sehun’s turn to blush and Ah Ri’s to laugh.

I turn Ah Ri’s phone silent and smile innocently at her: ”That’s confiscated. You’ll just distract them.”

Ah Ri gasps in disbelieve and Lu Han asks:

“Who is them?”

I am starting to enjoy this: “Tao, Yixing, Chan Yeol, Min Seok-ah, Baek Hyun… everyone except Jong Dae-“ the phone buzzes repeatedly.

“Ah wait, it's everyone. Jong Dae says:

“Ah Ri Hwaiting! We will see each other in 115.200 seconds.-Whatever he wants to express with that.- Miss you, Jong Dae <3!!!”

We start giggling, you’d expect the oldest-Lu Han- to try to stop us, but he is the first to ask.

“What says Min Seok-ah?”

I have to force myself to keep serious while reading out loud:

“Dear Ah Ri,

I hope you have a nice day.

I will take care of Jong Dae tomorrow when you arrive. I swear not to let him hug you to death.

Greetings for Lu-Ge, Jong In-ah, Sehun-ah from me!

Sincerely yours,

Kim Min Seok.“

Lu Han facepalms himself: “OMG, he’s got a lot to learn…”

“I wonder why he wrote it like a letter…”

“Maybe he has never communicated with a girl on Kakao before…”

“Kyung Soo says to eat enough…typical,

Yixing texted HI smiley… Chan Yeol says to keep fighting…”

I summarize as I scroll through her Kakao chats.

“And Taemin…” I hold my breath:

Taemin :)

7:05 Hey Sleepy head! Good morning!

7:21 Are going to arrive soon in Shanghai. The view is daebak!

7:26 Have fun today with the Hyungs. Don’t take Jong In-ah too seriously ;)

See you tomorrow. XOXO

 

“What is it?” Sehun gives me a curious gaze.

Hastily I tug her phone in one of my jeans’ pockets.

“Nothing.” I get up. “We should get going. Or we won’t have enough time to practice.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Lu Han nods: “I am waiting in the car. You can get the luggage.”

He says and vanishes before we can make him carry anything heavy.

Sehun, Ah Ri and I carry our bags and cases downstairs.

Ah Ri gets the last case obviously having problems with carrying it or even lifting it off the ground, it’s her bag…

KWANG AH RI’S POINT OF VIEW:

OMG I packed too much, damn now it’s too late to throw some unnecessary things out.

The case’s handle is gliding out of my hand; I try to tighten my grip but I am too late, luckily, before the case’s contents are spilled all over the place strong hands catch the bag.

Quickly I look up to see Sehun holding my bag.

At first I thought it was Jerk, though I am relieved that it is Sehun.

I wouldn’t want to have to feel grateful towards the guy, who read my personal messages and commented on my wallpaper.

Sehun’s eyes have a twinkle in them enhanced by the gorgeous smile that shows on his face.

“Thank you!”

He nods, showing teeth. “No problem.”

And with that he makes his way down to the already waiting van.

Jong In lifts an eyebrow as he sees Sehun carrying my luggage. I shrug at him giving him a smug smile.

I bet he would have caught it but given it instantly back to me, making me carry the enormous weight of my traveling case.

I bit my lip:

Sehun’s arm muscles are clearly defined as he shuts the trunk with a bang.

I am totally swooning over his body and kindness.

Who would have thought the poker-faced, cold and conceited appearing guy is actually a true sweetheart (a breathtakingly handsome sweetheart)?

 

At SM we split up, Lu Han says I had the afternoon off.

Wow, my first day (ok half a day) off!

I feel like a real employee of SM! *growing a few inches*

I stare in awe at the company building as I exit clutching the fake ID tightly.

He said I had to be back around 5 pm so we can arrive at the fashion show on time. I can’t get Sehun’s smile out of my head and decide to get him the promised cap.

I tried to find out what Sehun’s preferred clothing style is yesterday (I googled it…), I found out that his favorite numbers are three, five and seven and he said his favorite colors were white and black.

After hours of searching I find a black cap with a white text: “Lucky 7” on it in a little store somewhere in the center of the busy capital.

I smile satisfied:

The letters look pretty cool a little like someone sprayed them on the cap, the word is curving above the number like an arch, I like the design, simple but nice…

I stop as I see a silver bracelet gleaming in the afternoon sun, I spend the whole morning looking for the cap, it looks like the one Jerk is wearing, I rub my hands, an evil plan is forming inside of my mind.

I purchase the item and let the nice ahjussi engrave a word into it.

The word can be seen at first glance, it’s too delicate.

I stop at another stall full of sweets- my mouth is watering- I swallow and ask the salesperson to give me fourteen bars of chocolate, some with nut, dark, white chocolate.

I remember the times when Oppa and I always bought chocolate here; it’s the best I have ever eaten, they make it themselves after a traditional formula.

Eleven for all the boys, Manager-nim, Taemin and one for me, I can’t resist.

I get on the subway making my way back to SM.

I look at the clock above the subway exit as I get off at the station.

It’s twenty minutes after five o’clock.

Damn it! I am too late.

Oh noo!

I hope they aren’t gone without me!

I run up the stairs trying to elbow my way through the crowd of people, but no chance, I have to walk at the speed of a turetoiuse.

I run the last meters storming through the glass doors of SM, I hectically look for familiar figures.

I am near to giving up when I see Jong In and Sehun leaning on the wall next to the elevator, I quickly approach them.

“Yah! Why are you this late?!” Jerk bawls at me, I bow deeply. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to. I lost the track of time, since I haven’t got my phone with me…”

I hiss the last sentence at Jong In, he pretends to recall something:

“Yeah, I forgot to give your phone back to you, here.”

He hands me the white phone.

After safely pocketing it Sehun ushers us to the elevators.

Should I give it to him now with Jerk here? ..

Wait, I don’t care if he is here or not!

Nervously I shift my weight from one foot to another one, I bite my lower lip.

“Er Sehun…”

I cough to get his attention.

“Yeah…” He turns to me.

“Do you remember the time I kicked you from the stage and your clothes were ruined by the mud?”

He gives me a mild look, no anger or resentment in them.

“Yes.”

 “Well…er…I am sorry for that and felt bad about ruining your favorite cap so…”

I draw the black cap from the shopping bags and pass it to him.

Both of them are dumbfounded for a moment, but then Sehun smiles brightly at me.

“Thank you. You didn’t have to…”

His longer fingers are tracing every single letter unconsciously as he continues to smile at me.

KIM JONG IN’S POINT OF VIEW:

Kwang Ah Ri never fails to amaze me, who would have thought that she possesses something like a guilty conscience.

The elevator’s door open and Sehun runs up to the parking van to show his Hyung proudly what he just got.

I glance at her, she laughs as she sees how eager Sehun is, like a little boy, who’s just got a new toy car.

A hand grabs my wrist.

“Wait I have got something for you too.”

She hands me a little paper bag, curiously I let the accessory drop onto my palm:

It’s a silver bracelet, similar to the one my sister got me years ago.

I look at her having lost my voice.

“It’s a thank you-gift, because you showed me what I really want in life and acknowledged me…”

Ah Ri fiddles with her hands, she gives me one last head bow and follows Sehun to Lu Han waiting inside of the van.

I take a closer look at the bracelet:

It’s really pretty, I have to admit that she has some sense for fashion, after having put it around my wrist I am the last to sit inside the van.

I feel a little guilty for deleteing Taemin's texts while she was gone as I muster the silver bracelet around my wrist, perfectly fitting to the one my sister gave me.

 

What escaped my perception at that time was the word engraved into the little silver plate on the side that touches my wrist:

There is written in clear delicate writing,

just one word:

“Jerk”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Such a cute smile *__________*

Next chapter is going to be more exciting, still hope you liked it.

Sehun's so cute with the cap...

If you want to you can check out my one-shot: "Goodbye Tao." 

It's a bit more serious, but I just had to write it....