High above the Clouds (Sherluhan's first case)

Pretty (annoying) Boy

XI LU HAN’S POINT OF VIEW:

I gulp; my stomach doesn’t like heights and neither me.

Breathe, deeply, inhale…

1….2…

exhale.

My heart is beating like a colibri’s; too fast, fluttering inside of my chest.

My gaze trained on the seat’s back that is in front of me, the stewardess’ instructions are illustrated by graphics. Just now she is explaining how to inflate the live-saving vest if the technical mechanism doesn’t work and you have to you your own lungs.

I close my eyes and massage the bridge of my nose trying to keep cool.

Normally I just sleep or talk to someone and then it’s ok, however, today Min Jae-ssi’s worried glance and the agitation in her eyes are freaking me out.

Her nervousness is afflicting me;

I can’t be distracted and my head is full of plane crashing-; leaping-out-of-the-plane-10.000-feet-above-ground- or fighters-attacking-our-plane- or worse:

terrorists-onboard-hijacking-the-plane-and-making-it-crash-into-something-killing-everyone-scenarios

. By now I am panting.

Calm down; LU HAN!!!

Fortunately something catches my eye: Jong In-ah sitting next to Ah Ri-ya just across the aisle, he is ruffling her hair pretending to scowl.

I lean forward to see that Sehun is sitting on the other side of Ah Ri next to the window, his eyes fixed on the night view of Seoul beneath us, though something seems fishy...

My Sherluhan Holmes-mode is activated:

He seems too interested, like he has to force himself to look away from the two of them.

Ah Ri-ya pouts, crosses her arms over her chest and tries to gain Sehun’s attention. She is completely ignoring Jong In-ah’s pissed off glare that softens a second later, he bites his lips.

THERE it is again: This vulnerable almost sad expression!

I saw him look at her like that, when she ignored him and just talked to Taemin-ah laughing her heart out.

This look is quickly replaced by a tired one, he rubs his eyes yawns and leans back against the smooth seat. Jong In-ah closes his eyes and soon drifts into a dreamland full of puppies, chicken and never ending dance performances.

I end my observation to start the interpretation phase of what I have just seen:

  1. Jong In-ah doesn’t like to be ignored (he doesn’t like to be ignored in general)                                           However, I have never seen him being disappointed if someone hasn't reacted:                           He keeps pestering you, I swear there is no end……                                                               (Poor Kyung Soo-hyung; Jong In will always keep calling his hyung’s name until he reacts, no wonder that Kyung Soo seeks revenge with his toy bat; with bat I mean toy baseball racket not like in bat as the flying mouse)
  2. Sehun has difficulties with keeping to himself if Ah Ri-ya and Jong In are around, what is not really unusual: Sehun-ah is the type of person, who can’t stay still and likes to annoy you, if-                 IF you are CLOSE with him, like the members or me.
  3. Ah Ri-ya likes to talk to both of them; she pouted as Jong In-ah ruffled her hair roughly, that means she either disliked it or (what I think is almost self-explaining) she unconsciously tried to look cute. As Jong In-ah turned his attention away, she pretended to be sulking and tried to talk to Sehun.

In conclusion: Jong In-ah likes Ah Ri (he kissed her) and Sehun likes Ah Ri too!!!!!!!!!!!

And Ah Ri…?

I don’t know.  

Maybe both?

I gulp again, my throat is suddenly very dry:

Taemin is involved in this thing too… And Ah Ri-ya adores him- he is her favorite performer ever….

Does that mean she…?

I groan, if I don’t stop thinking my head is going to explode (and everyone in this plane will seriously die).

Something jolts me out of my hard thinking by nudging me with an elbow.

I blink in surprise at the girl sitting next to me, she looks with big dark eyes at me, her black straight hair cascading from her sided ponytail onto her shoulder, two little Rubik’s cubes decorating her hair tie and making her looking even cuter.

(Did I say… cute?)

“Wow, you are finally reacting. Are you ok? I know you don’t like heights… And.. erm.. here…”

A another Rubik’s cube (this time a real one) is placed on her palms, offering it to me.

“Maybe it can calm you down a little. Wait just let me…”

She takes the cube in both hands twisting the cube so that the colors are mixed as she notices my curious gaze she turns away.

“Hey don’t look!! That’s cheating… I saw you solving one in like one minute, I bet you can solve it even faster if you see how it was twisted!!”

“Okay, okay… I won’t cheat!”

Both of my hands are lifted in the air in a defending manner.

“Promise?”

She peers over her shoulder at me with narrowed eyes.

“Neh…I swear on all my manliness and masculinity!” My face is serious and collected.  

Everyone I know would have laughed at this statement…

The members even voted me to be the prettiest member of EXO-M, there are pictures (PHOTOSHOPPED) of me showing me as girl.

Everyone would have laughed, except her, except Min Jae-ssi.

“Araso. I believe you.” She nods offering me a confident smile.

It seems like it is flying from her lips to mine, because seconds later I find myself smiling at her back as she prepares the cube.

I can’t believe that Ah Ri-ya disliked Min Jae-ssi at the beginning. All of a sudden I feel very thankful towards Ah Ri for saving the Min Jae-ssi's live…

“Here…”

“Thanks Min Jae-ssi.” I take the cube from her, before I get a chance to get started she stutters:

“Y-you can actually call me.. er..-M… Min Jae. Just Min Jae.”

She smiles broadly covering her insecurity.

“Thank you Min Jae-ya!” I ruffle her hair, she blushes cutely and cups her cheeks with both hands.

I falter- I just did what Jong In-ah did minutes ago. I swallow, but then I shake my head in disbelieve…

No, no it’s just coincidence. It’s not that I lik-….

I only know her for some days…

 

She looks at me expectantly, for the first time I feel pressured to solve this cube as fast as possible.

Not that I want to impress her. No I just don’t want to appear like a dorky dork.

I flip the cube from one side to another my lips in concentration taking in the pattern of the colors. The tiredness vanishes in a matter of seconds and I feel fully energized, ready to beat my fastest time.

PARK MIN JAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

I am totally mesmerized by his concentrated stare and fast hand movements, his fingers look like they move on their own: moving, flipping, twisting, turning the Rubik’s cube between them.

I blush at the thought of watching him hours doing that, it wouldn’t get boring a bit. And as soon as it started it has already ended.

Lu Han smiles confident of victory I gasp in shock at my phone I took his time with:

49 seconds! Wow that’s your best! That beats your fastest solving by 2 seconds!!”

He has a hard time containing himself and his elation, but the smile on his face grows even broader and so does mine too.

Lu Han’s eyebrows furrow: “How did you know my fastest time?”

Oh damn, he wasn’t supposed to know that I am something like his biggest fan!!!

I bit my lip: “Erm… My sister told me… You’re her bias. She watched every single show with EXO as guests and EXO show time like 6 times.”

I smile reassuringly trying to hide that I am the biased sister, though I really have one and she is very annoying. 11 years old….

“Ah, so she told you?”

“Yes she isn’t able to shut up about EXO. I think even in her last moments she would make me promise to go to join EXO-L.”

I say fidgeting with my hands in my lap. His smile exposes two rows of perfectly white teeth, I sigh relieved that he bought my white lie.

It’s definitively a white lie. I just want to protect what we have…

We don’t really have anything, but I don’t want him to picture me drooling over his pictures and gifs on tumblr like every other fan girl does (like I do too).

KWANG AH RI’S POINT OF VIEW:

We have only been for over 30 minutes in the air and Jerk is already fast asleep next to me, even Sehun starts to space out. He looks so cute while rubbing his eyes trying to follow our conversation.

“You don’t have to force yourself. Just sleep!”

I chuckle, he gives me an eye-wrinkling smile stifling a large yawn:

“The performance was very exhausting, but it has to be even more tiring for you, because you are not used to this, isn’t it?”

“It was actually ok, I am used to such busy places, when Se Na and Ha Ni are at home it is louder than it could be at any concert, seriously, they can never shut up…”

I smile agonized thinking of the many sleepless nights, I have because of their weird habit to start singing or dancing their beloved idol’s songs at midnight, it is a wonder that the landlord hasn’t thrown us out…

I admit I am no better with that excessive dancing habit, the difference, however, is that I do it at day time not when I am supposed to be sleeping (even if I do it sometimes I use headphones and no ghetto blaster…).

“Though, now that they are at their parents’ it is very quiet. I don’t know why, but I feel lonely with no one to be angry at…”

Sehun laughs softly (and makes me thanking the darkness outside and the dim lights hiding my flushed face):

“Then I guess, it is a good thing that you are now living with us. It is never quiet at the dorm, at least not when Chan Yeol, Baek Hyun or Jong Dae are around.”

I nod agreeing, I have never felt left out or alone at the dorm and the one time I tried to be alone, I met Jerk at the roof top in the middle of the night.

As I look to my right again I see Sehun leaned back into the comfy seat:

His face is totally relaxed and nothing hints the little mischievous boy, who likes to prank his Lu Han-hyung, or the cold exterior, he is showing everyone, he doesn’t know well enough.

Outside are dark skies and bright stars to be seen, it must be so unimaginable cold out there it sends the shivers down my spine.

On the left Jong In-ah is sleeping, I sigh; why does he have to be mean all the time?

I recall him carrying this paper bag and have to force myself not to giggle hysterically:

The self-proclaimed idol and fashionista wears accessories every thug could do.

I shake my head in disbelieve, and take a closer look at his outfit:

It is unusually plain compared to Sehun’s or Lu Han’s. Jong In wears a grey sweater, black skinny jeans and black converse.

Sehun, on the other hand, wears a white buttoned-up dress shirt with ripped denim jeans and shiny black shoes.

My gaze pauses on Jerk’s face, it is equally relaxed as Sehun’s, his dark hair falls onto his brow shining seductively in the light making it hard not to touch it.

For a moment too long my eyes linger on his lips, I am reddening again as I remember his warm breath and clouded dark orbs boring into my eyes. His big hands around my face, warm and caring, even if he was evilly smirking.

Come on, Ah Ri, think of something else!!

I grip my phone to distract me checking my messages:

My brother texted, Se Na … but nothing from Taemin.

Disappointment builds up inside of me, I am surprised myself with how strong the feeling is.

Maybe I should text him?

Yes good idea…

I grin evilly glancing at Jong In-ah, I lean closer to him taking a selca of both of us; his face screwed up (I tickled him with my hair to make him sneeze) and mine smiling nicely. I make a peace sign.

4:38 *picture*

4:39 Hihi! Everyone is very exhausted, hope you get enough sleep! Keep hwaiting! We are arriving soon!!

I think I will blackmail him in future with this *evil laughter* muwahahahaha! Good night. XOXO

Suddenly Jong In-ah begins stirring besides me, his pained expression as he shifts his leg position makes me worry.

His injured ankle!!

I bet it is really swollen right now, I wonder how he is going to make it through tomorrow’s (or today’s) performance at SMtown live concert.

It will become even worse! Seriously, why is he keeping all this pain to himself?

He should rest, but the opposite; he trains more and more!! Chincha! He always makes me angry even with how he treats himself!!!

I wish I could do something for him, though, I know I am not able to stop him from participating in the concert…

An icy hands squeezes my heart painfully, I can’t imagine in how much pain he has to be.

Once again I envy him for his strength and self-control, despite the fact that he is hurting himself more and more.

I guess he is doing it for his hyungs; he doesn’t want to let them down, they need him. But I think they could do without him for one time. They wouldn’t want him to suffer…

Why does he have to be this complicated?

I let out another huge sigh and have to keep jolting when he leans onto me:

HIS head is leaning on MY shoulder and he snuggles even closer arranging his body more comfortable.

The armrest between us poking his side, I carefully push it back so that there is nothing between us anymore.

His neck cushion makes it even more comfortable for him, now his head is leaning on mine and our knees are touching.

I cover my face with my hands.

UHHHHHH! Calm down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Calm down, Ah Ri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Calm down!!!!!!!!!!!! 

He is just a Jerk, one glance at him, a damn attractive Jerk…

I don’t dare to move he could wake up and start make embarrassing comments (like the ones when I met Tao-ya almost in the shower. It was a coincidence, ok?! I would never spy on someone. Not even Taemin…).

Soon I drift off to sleep too, lean in to the touch.

Deep, deep in some corner of my heart I wish for this flight and night never to end.

With a happy smile I fall asleep while I listen to his steady breathing enjoying his warmth and proximity.

But one thought doesn't leave me alone:

Will Jong In able to make it through the concert?

I haven't got a good feeling...

 

 

 

 

Airport fashion!!! I love there outfits especially when Sehun wears sunglasses and a cap!!! *______*