Lucky 7

Pretty (annoying) Boy

KIM JONG IN’S POINT OF VIEW:

A rattle jerks me out of my unsteady sleep, I open my eyes: Where am I?

I look around.

After some seconds I recognize that seat’s back I am staring at. We are in the plane, it’s still dark outside.

A big yawn makes my eyes teary rubbing them to remove the blur as I feel something heavy on my shoulder. Surprised my eyes shift to Ah Ri leaning against my shoulder, her face is just hilarious I start fishing for my smart phone to take a picture of her drooling in sleep, but I can’t tear my eyes gaze away from her; from her lips.

Why did I kiss her in the first place?

I don’t know I just went with the moment….

At first I was pissed off that she ignored me having all her attention on Sehun smiling and blushing like an idiot. Before I could understand myself I was standing before her.

I wanted to make her blush, I wanted to see her white skin taking a rosy color, wanted to make her as nervous as I have always felt when she has been close to me.

I whispered those words touching her warm, smooth skin. Not only satisfaction but pure happiness and excitement overwhelmed me as her cheeks flushed.

Mission accomplished, I thought, however, then I looked into her dark, big eyes and I lost it.

I leaned down, closer and closer till our lips touched, till I claimed them mine.

I cupped her face to minimize the space between us, my hands yearning to through her straight, shining hair.

In these split-seconds of contact it was just us, no Sehun watching with narrowed eyes, neither Lu Han with observing gaze or Min Jae-ssi, who was just astonished.

All this came crashing down on me in the moment I pulled back to notice her eyes out of focus starring confused at me.

I grabbed Lu Han and left hurried before Ah Ri could react, I hid face in my hands to conceal the fact that I was blushing madly.

This was so totally not me.

It was more Kai the blunt stage beast that acted than Jong In, the boy, who can’t express his feelings without feeling awkward.

Damn, it took possession of me and acted unreasonable, after impersonating him on stage for years now he has becomes  my second nature.

(He is a part of me, but a character trait exaggerated as much as possible)

Yes that’s it!

It wasn’t me, who kissed her, I am not in love with her (I don’t even like her), it was Kai the animal.

I am proud of myself for this extremely logical and convincing conclusion. Kai just follows his animalistic instincts (including woman), thus he couldn’t do anything but kiss her.

It was Kai not me, K-A-I

I tell myself over and over as I tear my gaze away from her sleeping, angelic face, she doesn’t really drool that much. I look over to Sehun slowly awaking too and somehow I want to pull Ah Ri closer to me.

 

Everyone starts to get up and leave the plane: We arrived.

Lu Han nudges me from my left, I turn to him: “What is it?”

“Manager-nim is getting us, but we have to make it through the mass of people. I don’t know how many are waiting outside, but it could turn difficult to keep together.

Manager-nim is waiting in a blue van for us, he just texted.

There is airport security, just keep in mind how it normally turns out. We have to keep Min Jae and Ah Ri between us to shield them from the fans, ok?”

“Neh!” I nod agreeing, fans get sometimes too heated when their idols are around.

He has an earnest expression on his face as we fist-bump.

“How do they even know that we are coming? I mean we are arriving separately from the others…”

Lu Han sighs seeming distressed: “Some always know, however, this time Jong Dae, the idiot…”

He shows me his phone: On the screen flashing figures are counting down, now showing:

586 – one second later- 585.

“What is that?”

I furrow my brows.

“It’s a countdown for our arrival Jong Dae posted it…”

He massages the bridge of his nose.

“In seconds?!”

He weekly nods.

“Seriously? Why would he-“

Lu Han holds a hand up to stop me.

“Don’t ask! I don’t know… The weirdest thing is what it says beneath the countdown:

129.000 seconds of pure loneliness in Shanghai. I am waiting for you!!!

His voice sounding like a whining, high pitched wife’s as he imitates Jong Dae.

Silence.

“He should get a girlfriend.”

I comment dryly.

Lu Han nods in agreement.

“That would be the best for everyone…”   

OH SEHUN’S POINT OF VIEW:

We leave the plane through the front entrance of the plane following the crowd outside with slow and little steps.

I am the last in our row first Lu Han and Min Jae-ssi followed by Jong In-ah and Ah Ri, after being squashed and squeezed we get our luggage.

Before we leave the gate Lu-hyung gathers us around:

“Min Jae, Ah Ri don’t be shocked there will be many people and all of them will either want to touch us or take pictures, so be prepared for a chaotic and stressed way to the van. Manager-nim is waiting outside. Blue van! Keep close to us, understood?”

Ah Ri is dumbfounded, Min Jae seems not really surprised, I wonder if she was the person to follow her idols to the airport…

If yes that would explain her collected, serious expression.

“Ah Ri, if you get in the crowd you are dead so just do as Lulu-op- erm- Lu Han instructed. Hwaiting!”

She pumps a fist into the air, I think this I becoming a habit of those two…

“Hwaiting! Even if I have to crawl I’ll make it to the BLUE van!”

Airport security accompanies us as we leave the waiting area and enter the terminal.

It would be an understatement that many fans are waiting for us, the whole area is full of screaming, dark haired girls, holding up phones or professional cameras with gigantic lens, which catch everything clearly even tens of meters away.

(Once again I forgot that Shanghai the largest city of the world with 18 million citizens)

We look down on the havoc in the terminal; escalators are leading down. I steel myself for the fight.

Now Min Jae-ssi seems to be intimidated too, Lu Han puts a hand on her shoulder and smiles confidently down on her.

Ah Ri on the other side seems to be scared for life, I hear Jong In-ah chuckle:

“You should get used to it if you want to become an idol. “

He grins down on her and she throws him a glare.

”You can hand your bag to the security guy, just carry your backpack.”

I take her too big bag from her, one of the bodyguards take it without asking, I grab her shoulders and lean down to her:

Her face glistens, sweat shows on her brow her eyes dart nervously from Jong In standing behind me to me again.

I fix my eyes on her’s starring intensely:

“We can do it just keep close to me.”

I smile showing my teeth; take the cap she gave to me from my head and put it on her’s.

The white bold letters: “Lucky 7” in the front it seems to be a bit too large for her, the cap slips out of position deeper into her face.

She looks too cute, after petting her head I turn around to signalize to the others that we are ready, though, Min Jae and Lu Han seem to be busy as well and Jong In-ah only stares at Ah Ri, his face showing not a single emotion.

Lu Han gives me a sign and steps on the escalator an airport security guy and Min Jae-ssi follow him.

Jong In gets on and I drag a dazed Ah Ri with me.

The security people do a good job of keeping the excited and pushing face off, though, we cross the airport lobby as slow as possible.

The pushing and pulling gets more intense with the second, the flashes of cameras are blending me and I am pushed.

For a moment I see myself falling onto the ground and being crushed by some crazy fan throwing herself onto me, ripping my clothes and snatching belongings from me.

Fortunately a strong hand grabs my wrist:

It is one of the security guys flashing a pained smile, he starts dragging me with him.

Suddenly I panic: I have lost Ah Ri, she isn’t behind me.

I search frantically for her face in the crowd, but I only see unfamiliar faces, hands and arms trying to reach for me, the bodyguard elbows a way through the fans.

“Wait! I have to look for the girl!”

I yell loudly, either he doesn’t care, can’t hear it over the fans yelling or he doesn’t understand; maybe all three points…

One thought fills my mind: I have to find Ah Ri!

I struggle against the bodyguard’s grip, I don’t stand a chance against his tight, strong grip on my wrist.

I feel like a female drama lead (like in Boys over Flowers/ the heirs) being dragged along against her own free will by a guy.

A cold hand clenches my hand: I have lost her, what will happen to her?

Will she be alright?

Guilt washes over me: It’s my fault if she gets hurt or worse.

Ah Ri-ya, where are you?!

KWANG AH RI’S POINT OF VIEW:

The cap slides always into my eyes, I can’t see a thing, but somehow I feel more secure with it.

Then all of a sudden I am pulled back into the crowd, my hand slipping from Sehun’s grasp.

I hold my breath bringing my arms up to protect my head.

My back bumping into sweating bodies, luckily I don’t hit the ground and regain my balance.

Just as I shove the cap up to see something and to look for Sehun I am pushed again, this time someone accidentally falls into me with all his or her might.

My knees hitting the white stone floor hard, feet stomping onto my legs, legs pushing at me, someone swears at me.

(This one time I regretted to be of Chinese descend, because the words aren’t really nice)

Panic builds up inside of me: I am scared.

All the people around me, I don’t want to die!!!

Tears of frustration are filling my eyes: Why can’t I save myself or get up again?

I try again, but am roughly shoved to the ground.

Aww, it hurts!!

The tears are spilling running down my rosy cheeks.

I feel like a princess rescued by a knight in shining armor as someone grabs my arms and yanks me up.

Unsteady on my feet the other one puts an arm around my waist pressing me close to him.

I press my face into his shirt, squinting eyes together.

I just want to get out of here. Pleasssseeeee!!!!

The warm, strong arm gribs me more tightly ushering me through this hell.

Cold air brushes my exposed arms, I am wearing a t-shirt, my eyes flutter open.

My eyes trained on the blue van, I don’t notice the fans anymore I am to focused on the open slide door of the van, security guards standing around it keeping the fans from storming inside.

He pushes me inside, I fall exhausted in one of the seats.

The van’s door shuts with a loud bang and the engine is started.

Someone pushes himself next to me onto the seats. I am still dazed as a tanned arm reaches for my seat belt, two silver bracelets silently jingling when he buckles me up.

Sehun’s cap is still on my head, it take it off to get a view of my guardian angel….

I gulp as I look into Jerk’s face.

 

“I am so glad you are alright. I thought you were lost in the crowd forever…”

Sehun says from the back.

I turn around: He, Lu Han and Min Jae are squeezed on the rear bank.

“I guess the Lucky 7 saved me.”

I smile reassuringly at them.

“Are you sure you are alright?! I know how rough these fan crowds can be!!”

Min Jae exclaims, Lu Han throws her a questioned glance, she swallows:

“My little sis- sister…she –erm- made me come along to the airport several times!!!”

Min Jae says too loudly and hurried, I raise an eyebrow at her.

It was probably her, who made her little sister come along and not the other way round.

Lu Han, on the other side, doesn’t notice he looks to worried:

“We can go to the hospital if you want to!”

I shake my head hectically.

“No,no,no! I am alright. It would be bothersome. I am really healthy and 100 percent alright.”

I give them thumbs up and turn around before they can ask another question.

 

I let out a sigh leaning back into the seat and have to cope with the shock. After I have calmed down a bit notice Jong In’s pained facial expression.

“Are you ok?” I whisper worried.

“Yeah…”

He snaps banning all emotions from his face.

“Thank you for saving me. I wouldn’t have made it without you… Strangely enough you are always there when I need help for example now or when I couldn’t decide to sign the contract or not…”

I smile to myself, it almost sounds like fate.

“Trust me, I don’t want to.”

He says coolly, I gasp and whacking his arm.

“How can you say that?! That’s so mean!” I whine.

And my heart stops for a moment as his façade cracks for the first time and he lets out a laugh.

His eyes sparkling, his smile is infectious and soon I can’t hold my own laugh back.  

 

 

 

 

 

At last Sehun's cap made an appearance and Kai saves the day. I wonder if Ah Ri  survives a another hug from Chen. He missed her for soooo long.....