Inoffical Date?!

Pretty (annoying) Boy

Who protects Ah Ri from a scary stalker?

XI LU HAN’S POINT OF VIEW:

Ah Ri-ya, Jong In-ah and Taemin-ah are the last to come, Sehun and I waited for them at the elevators.

I am still in very good mood, because of the contract.

Maybe we should throw a second party for Ah Ri-ya, I mean she just signed the contract really and before it wasn’t even clear, if she’d be a part of EXO or not.

Strangely enough there is only one, who isn’t in a good mood or so it seems. There is a frosty aura around him:

Jong In leans against the wall with crossed arms in front of his chest, while Ah Ri-ya and Taemin-ah talk casually, sometimes chuckling-

if that’s the case Jong In’s aura of coldness drops another 10°C, he shifts his weight form one foot to another one and his face shows a tingle of annoyance-

Taemin and Ah Ri continue to talk ignoring Jong In.

Ah Ri talks to Sehun and me (she is seriously ignoring Jong In).

There is something fishy about this…

I don’t know what, till I spot Jong In glancing at her, his eyes dark and vulnerable for a split second, but then they change to upset and confused. Ah Ri talks and laughs a little too loudly.

Is there something between them?

And what has Taemin to do with that?

The elevator doors open: Jong In is the first to leave, Sehun tries to catch up with him, Taemin and Ah Ri seem irritated for a moment, then Taemin shrugs and gives Jong In’s back a baffled look.

I am left in confusion, however one thing is clear:

There is something odd here. Something that involves all three of them… 

I will investigate further in future,

Sherlock Lu Han has a new case…

KWANG AH RI’S POINT OF VIEW:

The next two days are just training, training and training, sadly without any of my new team mates (EXO). They have to practice for the coming SMtown concert and I have to learn the lyrics and songs:

in the mornings we eat together, at SM we split up, I sit in practice room 1 listening to their songs, singing along with the lyrics in my lap, trying to imprint them into my memory.

The only sun ray in this, are lunch and the occasional visits from Kyung Soo, Lu Han, Baek Hyun, Jong Dae and Joon Myeon when they check on me how far I am with learning the songs.

Don’t get me wrong I love singing, though after hours of doing that your voice starts to get sore and I make some dance breaks to lighten my mood. I dance to Shinee’s Everybody or Dream Girl and sing loudly or revise the dubstep dance part for a change.

Currently I am on cloud seven…

Taemin said he could maybe like me in future….

I have to force myself not to take it too seriously he might have said it because he pities me or that’s his way of declining confessions of love?

I was angry with Jerk who interrupted Taemin’s speech and prevented me from finding out more about Taemin’s feelings, though the next day my anger evaporated. (Typical me...) 

Jerk… ok Jong In doesn’t talk to me, doesn’t make any annoying comments- he seems to avoid me.

I don’t want to admit it: I want to talk normally to him, I want his mean comments back.

I don’t like him avoiding me:

He looks at me with cold eyes, his face nothing but a mask without emotion. I can’t take it…

I haven’t seen much of him in the last two days and now- I look at my phone- it’s already ten o’clock.

Tomorrow is the day of the Seoul Summer Collection 2014 where Sehun, Lu Han and Jong In have their little solo stage.

 

“Ah Ri-ya!” Jong Dae bursts in and jump-hugs me, almost making me trip.

“I missed you!” “We ate lunch together…”

“Still that was seven hours ago!” His hug is pressing all the air out of my lungs.

“Min Seok-ah! Help…me.” I pretend to be in the last state of suffocating before dying. Min Seok-ah is in fear for my life, he reacts too quick for the eye:

He grabs Jong Dae’s shoulders pulling him pack, but his Hyung is too strong for him.

“Lu-Ge! Chan Yeol-Hyung! Jong Dae is killing Ah Ri-ya!” They have to make a combined effort to free me (Lu Han freeing me from Jong Dae’s grip and Chan Yeol holding the struggling Jong Dae back not to jump on me again).

I have to lean against Min Seok-ah to catch breath, I feel like Jong Dae’s life-sized teddy bear.

Lu Han and Min Seok-ah rub my back: “It’s going to be alright, don’t worry.”

Kyung Soo has Jong Dae in a sweat lock (that he normally uses on Chan Yeol if he annoys him too much), Joon Myeon is scolding Jong Dae:

“If you do that ever again, I have no choice but to confiscate all your clutches.”

“What? NO! You can’t do that! Not my clutches!” Jong Dae’s face is screwed up in pure fear for his beloved purses, he drops to the knees.

Chan Yeol and Baek Hyun are laughing like crazy.

“I promise… I won’t do it ever again. I promise Hyung!”

Jong Dae’s voice sounds horase.

 “Kyung Soo let him go. He got his lecture.” Kyung Soo lets instantly go of his troubled Hyung, glaring at Jong Dae. I admire Joon Myeon:

Everyone of his team listens to him (even if he has to use force), he knows how to control them and use their powers to his advantage and for the sake of his Hyungs (even if it’s against one of his Hyung’s well-being, like in Jong Dae’s case).

 

Yixing helps Jong Dae up by giving him one helping hand.

Just now I notice that everyone has gathered: All EXO members and Manager-nim.

“Ok, everyone, listen!

We have to be as early as possible in Shanghai, thus everybody except Lu Han, Sehun and Jong In boards tomorrow in the morning, we have to be at Incheon Airport around six o’clock so pack up today.”

All of them groan. “I don’t want to wake up that early…” Chan Yeol mumbles, Manager-nim shoots him a look.

” Lu Han, you take Sehun and Jong In to the show, it starts around eight o’clock in the evening, you better be their three hours ago. You know where to go?”

“Ne, Dongdaemoon Design Plaza.” Lu Han answers quickly.

“Good, you will board in the night, your flight goes around four am, you should be there two hours ago. I will get you from Pudong International Airport.”

I am surprised as Manager-nim turns to me:

“Ah Ri-ssi, you’ll go with Lu Han, it’s a good experience to watch a fashion show live.”

He smiles, I high-five Lu Han: We are really going together to China! I am so excited!!

Even Sehun’s face shows a bit of delight, Jerk’s, however, is a cemetery of emotions.

His eyes avoid mine, my heart aches at this:

I don’t want this, but if he decides to act like a four year old I am not going to bother with it!

Do whatever you want, I don’t care, Jerk!

“I need to get something from my apartment, I forgot something there… I think I will get it now. Goodbye, see you at the dorm!”

I say curtly, turning my back on him storming away, before anyone can offer to drive me.

 

The glass doors close behind me, even though it is still warm I pull my jacket tighter around me. I am cold. Some fans are gathered in front of building:

My first test. I place the fake ID card so that it is perfectly visible for them and tighten the straps of my backpack. I am ready!

Without any troubles I pass them and enter the nearest subway station.

On the subway I sit down next to an old man and pull out my phone (in Seoul you have got everywhere internet even on the subway).

For the first time I have got the time to google EXO without having to fear someone noticing and running through the dorm with my phone in their hands screaming: “Look Hyung! She is googling us!”

Wow they are really big, they sold over 1 Million copies of their album and have their own fan club called EXO-L, L for Love and the letter between K and M (EXO-K and EXO-M).

Strangely I can’t really concentrated and decide to check my messages.

I text my brother: “Hey Oppa!!!! I am going to Shanghai tomorrow. I am so excited I could die!! Hope you are doing well. XD”

I get off and walk to the apartment building.

Flat 1007 is empty, muffled traffic noises can be heard, apart from that it’s dead silent. After what seems like over half an hour to me I find Tokki’s neckerchief.

My plush bunny loses it all the time and I was looking for it everywhere, till it crossed my mind that I left it here. Relieved I press it to my chest, my brother gave it together with Tokki to me.

I leave the apartment building, this time I say goodbye for a long time.

Because I feel like my head is going to explode I get off the subway some stations earlier than necessary to walk the last bit to EXO’s dorm. I know the neighborhood so I don’t get lost easily.

My anger at Jerk has reached a new maximum:

I will have to deal with him tomorrow all day and there is the possibility of sitting next to him on the flight. UUUUwaaaaeeeeee??! Why me..?

I give in, I signed the contract knowing that I’ll see him every day…

It’s my own fault.

I ruffle my hair in exasperation.

The street lights are bathing the narrow street in yellowish light, no cars drive here, just some strollers are to be seen, in other respects the alleyway is abandoned and silent.

To the left and right houses frame the street, facing the public with cold metal doors, car garages and high brick walls. Suddenly there is another sound to that of my footsteps:

Someone else is walking behind me.

I try to look over my shoulder:

I notice a dark shape dragging its feet over the gravel, it has to be a guy. Hands in pockets and hoodie pulled low over his face, a face isn’t to be made out. 

 I can hear his footsteps behind me, if I stop he stands still too.

I walk faster, his footsteps quicken too.

Fear is building up inside of me, my heartbeats as loud as my distressed breathing. I walk faster, my phone in my hands prepared to call help.

Just this street after this turn I have made it!

I have to force myself not to run the last meters to the dorm’s door, keeping to ring the bell, I pray for someone to open the door as quick as possible.

Please! The doors is thrown open, I jump slightly, startled.

“I am not deaf! I heard the doorbell!” Sehun shouts into my face.

I can’t but hug him, all the tension is leaving me. The pounding of my heart, my unregularly breathing the only things I hear.

I press my face into his shirt, I don’t want to let go, he gives me safety.  

OH SEHUN’S POINT OF VIEW:

The front door clacks shut and her grip around my chest tightens.

Surprised I look down at her, she is trembling breathing loudly.

What happened?

Is everything alright? I want to ask, but somehow I just put my arms around her holding her close.

After some minutes her body starts to relax and she looks up.

Her eyes are big, round, black and fear shows in them, like to black diamonds in a white face, the color drained from her cheeks out of fear.

Her hair disheveled it smells of night air and shampoo.

“Just now someone followed me.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah…when-“Her voice breaks off.

“It’s ok. I believe you. Are you alright now?”

She nods vigorously, her head touching my chest again.

Helplessly I try to calm her down by petting her head. All of a sudden she pulls away, looking down:

“I am sorry… Thank you. I am not scared anymore.”

She says in a shaky voice that betrays her.

“Come we should tell the others…” I urge.

“No!” Ah Ri hesitates. “Please… I don’t want them to worry.”

I smile pained I know I should tell at least Manager-nim, but I know I won’t.

“Then let’s get you something to drink.” As I turn to enter the living room she grabs my hand, her hands cold.

“Could we go together to the convenience store? I need something. It’s urgent…” Ah Ri looks desperate.

“Wait, a second.” I run to get a cap and sunglasses.

When I come again she is patiently waiting for me, shrugging on my jacket, putting on the cap and hoodie I leave first.

“Do you’ve enough money?”  

She nods following me closely behind.

I don’t know what’s up with me, but I feel like I have to protect her, from whatever there is.

Intuitionally I take her hand, I am relieved to see no Saesangs anywhere near the dorm’s entrance.

The convenience store is some five-hundred meters away from the dorm. I try to walk relaxed like a stroller would, she clings to my hand not really saying anything- totally different from her normal self.

“What did you get from your flat?” I try to start a conversation, after a while she answers in a quiet voice.

“A neckerchief for my plush bunny my Oppa gave to me as he left for Australia…”

I have to smile when her face takes a red color.

“I know it’s hard to live without seeing your family near, but I’ve got my Hyungs and now you are also a part of the family. So you don’t have to feel lonely.”

Ah Ri seems surprised, I haven’t really talked to her that much.

I decide to change that in future, she seems to be alright and she feels the same way I do.

“Thank you, Sehun-ah! I feel honored to be a part of EXO..." With nothing more than a whisper she adds:"...your family.”

Her laughing fills the dark street with brightness.

At the convenience store I get ice cream for us and we sit down on an abandoned playground. We take a seat on the swings and sway a little from one side to another.

PARK CHAN YEOL’S POINT OF VIEW:

I start to wonder where Sehun is and decide to get some things for tomorrow. I need a new toothbrush and shampoo.

Happily beatboxing I walk together with Baek Hyun to the convenience store next to our dorm. Baek Hyun stops abruptly as we pass the park:

“What is it Hyung?” Baek Hyun makes a hushing gesture and mentions me to come near.

“Do you see that?” He points to the playground, at first I wonder what he wants, but then I recognize the two figures seesawing.

I gasp: ”Aren’t that Sehun and Ah Ri-ya?!”

Hyung presses a hand onto my mouth to shush me.

“Yes, but what are they doing there?” He asks confused when a thought crosses our minds at the same time, we are dumbfounded.

“It can’t be!” I cut the thought of.

“Yeah, you are probably right…” Baek Hyun nods a little too strongly in agreement.

With a strange feeling we continue or night adventure to the convenience store.

 

 

 

GO SEHUN! GO GO SEHUN!

Oh! I soooo am happy that there is a Sehun scene at last! No worrys: Jong In is going to be more active in the next chapter! Now he entered the race too... It's going to be exciting. Sherlock Lu Han will investigate even more!