You Missed.

Virtual Friend.

Sungyeol didn't let another second go to waste as he dialed Sungjong's number. Youngest first. 

Sungjong answered after ten rings.
 
"Hyung?" came Sungjong's first word. 
 
"Where are you?" Sungyeol demanded. He didn't ask. He demanded. 
 
"Somewhere," Sungjong muttered, just like how Hoya answered him last night. 
 
Sungyeol knew that Sungjong was going to hang up on him so he spoke up, sounding angry. 
 
"Don't give me that! I know you're with the hyungs! Where are you?!"
 
"Just somewhere! Sheesh! You don't have to know. Oh, have to go! Bye!"
 
Sungyeol couldn't believe it. 
 
Within twenty four hours, he had been hung up by two of s. 
 
He had a scary, mischievous face on as he texted the managers, telling them about little escapade. 
 
Sungyeol smirked as he told on s to the managers. 
 
But not a moment later, he received a text from one of the managers saying they gave the members permission. 
 
Sungyeol gritted his teeth in annoyance. 
 
He just humiliated himself to the managers. 
 
He restrained himself from getting too mad and embarrassed, and asked for s' whereabouts from the managers. 
 
He was lucky this time. 
 
The managers gave him the exact location where s were.
 
He smirked. They were totally going to get it from him. 
 
---
 
Sungjong came back from the men's room from answering Sungyeol's call. 
 
He heaved a sigh before entering the karaoke room. 
 
The noraebang was the only place they could hang out with Yuna at the moment without garnering attention. 
 
The members could take Yuna back to the dorm. But Sungyeol would come home, and considering that he called to ask where they were, he was already there. 
 
And if ever the managers or the president found out they took a girl to their dorm without permission, well, they'll be damned. 
 
The mischievous hyungs had planned on hogging Yuna and her attention for as long as they pleased. They weren't ready to let Yuna and Sungyeol meet yet. For they knew that once the two meet, they would be inseparable at some point. 
 
Woohyun had noticed it first. 
 
---
 
On that way home early in the morning from hanging out with Yuna (and even sending her back to her small studio apartment), the boys had planned on, as much as possible, stalling Yuna and Sungyeol's meeting. 
 
Woohyun had voiced it as both a pro and con (Sungyeol and Yuna meeting).
 
A pro, Sungyeol would be a happy kid to meet such a person that would complement him. 
 
Sungyeol was a happy go lucky person while Yuna was reserved. But she didn't say no to crazy ideas, that would either or both lead to having fun and/or getting into trouble. Something they had gone through on that night at the restaurant after their noraebang activities. 
 
A con, because they enjoyed Yuna's presence too much that they were afraid Sungyeol would take her away from them once he meets her as they had known each other longer even though they haven't personally met before. 
 
The other members contemplated Woohyun's theory. They questioned him, asking how sure he was about this. 
 
But he dismissed them with a cocky "I just know".
 
"And besides, payback, remember?" he had reminded them then. "It was and always is fun to mess with Sungyeol."
 
---
 
As Sungjong entered the noraebang, Yuna was belting out Woohyun's line from "She's Back", unashamed that her voice cracked, which brought cheers and laughter from the members for her guts.  
 
Sungjong sat back on his seat and took a sip of iced tea before telling Myungsoo about Sungyeol's phone call. 
 
Myungsoo had a blank expression on as he listened but bursted out laughing the next second. 
 
Sungjong looked at him weirdly. 
 
"Don't worry about it," Myungsoo assured him and waved it off. 
 
But Sungjong couldn't wave off the anxious feeling inside him. A feeling that screamed that he was going to get into trouble. 
 
---
 
Sungyeol almost couldn't keep the evil laughter in him as he compared the address the manager gave him to the address of the place where he was sure that s were. 
 
He entered the premises and inquired from the front desk. 
 
He was blessed with luck again as the lady on the reception told him they only had three rooms occupied as it was too early. 
 
The first room was occupied by a group of businessmen celebrating their co-worker's promotion. 
 
The second room was occupied by a group of girls, some foreigners. And the third was by a group of good looking guys. 
 
It was weird how the lady didn't recognize him or the members as an Over The Top poster of Infinite was posted right behind her. 
 
Sungyeol thanked the lady and made his way to the rooms. 
 
Just two rooms to pass and he would bust s. 
 
But before he could even reach the second room, he bumped into someone who just popped out of nowhere, running towards his direction, spilling all her stuff on the floor. 
 
"Sorry! Sorry!" the girl apologized repeatedly as she continuously bowed and then bent down to pick up her bag and phone that had slipped from her grasp. 
 
Sungyeol would have bent down, too, to help her, but she was quick and had already stood back up, bowed one last time at him and scurried away. 
 
Sungyeol didn't see her face but thought she was very familiar. He even pondered on where he had heard her voice before. 
 
But he shook them out of his thoughts as he remembered his mission. 
 
He ran to the door, ready to surprise s. 
 
He counted from three to one before he swung the door open, seeing his hyungs frozen and surprised at his unexpected appearance. 
 
---
 
Yuna was just starting on another Infinite song when she felt her phone vibrate from her pocket. 
 
She let Dongwoo and Woohyun sing as she fished out her phone and checked the message. 
 
It was from her co-ulzzang, reminding her about a couple photoshoot with Park Taejun and Lee Chihoon. 
 
She whined, realizing that she needed to leave now. 
 
She was having fun with Infinite minus one, but didn't want to miss the rare opportunity.
 
Park Taejun rarely goes on couple shots. And if he does, it's only with people close to him. 
 
And being a part of that shoot meant a lot to her as her boss trusted her. 
 
It made her a bit giddy. Although she was six years younger than him, she had always found him good looking. But of course, it was just a crush. 
 
Liking bosses were normal, yet forbidden.
 
I mean, come on, Aboki, a clothing line, owner and an Internet ulzzang? Maybe. But she wasn't really something compared to him.
 
And besides, she had eyes on another particular person already. 
 
"I'm sorry, guys. Work's calling me," she apologized through the mic so all the members could hear her through the blaring music. 
 
"Awww..." the boys whined and pouted, except Myungsoo, who just gave an understanding smile, plus a nod. 
 
"Keep singing!" she exclaimed as she picked up her bag from the couch. "Bye!"
 
She waved and saluted at them before exiting the room. 
 
She felt her phone vibrate again and checked the message. This time, it was from her boss. 
 
She was in the middle of replying when she bumped into a tall person. 
 
She didn't see his face, but was positive that he was tall. 
 
Her phone and bagged slipped from her hands. 
 
She apologized to the person repeatedly, knowing it was her fault for not watching where she was going. 
 
She did not look up as she bowed, but felt the person watch her every move. From bowing to crouching down to pick up her things to standing up to bowing again. 
 
She ran, obviously in a hurry, down the hallway, to the lobby, and out the building, and hailed a taxi. 
 
Not even thinking again about the incident back at the hallway of the noraebang. 
 
---
 
Woohyun and Dongwoo stopped singing, aka screaming, and stared at the intruder with silly, shocked faces. 
 
Myungsoo and Hoya stared at Sungyeol blankly, although their hearts threatened to jump out of their chests in surprise. 
 
Sungjong and Sunggyu had clutched their chests, as if a zombie just jumped out to scare them. 
 
They weren't expecting him. 
 
But that was not why they were on the bridge of having a heart attack. 
 
Sungyeol had just entered a few seconds after Yuna left. 
 
That meant they had met each other in the hallway. 
 
But the look on Sungyeol's face didn't state that. The look on his face, as if he was ready to murder, meant that he was mad at them for ditching him. 
 
If he had seen and met Yuna, he would have forgotten about them ditching him and would have been squealing about how he had finally met nana018.
 
"H-hey," Sunggyu spoke first and raised a hand to wave. 
 
"Hey?! How could you ditch me again?! What kind of brothers are you?!" Sungyeol said, rather dramatically. 
 
Some members just rolled their eyes at his theatricality as he continued to rant about last night and today. 
 
"Look, hyung," Sungjong spoke, his eardrums threatening to burst over Sungyeol's wails that were louder than the blasting speakers. "We were just hanging out. We were done with recording and Sunggyu hyung suggested we go out and relieve stress for a while. We couldn't bother you since you're busy with the script. But we promised to bring you something."
 
"Yeah, Yeol," Dongwoo added, and joked, "although we did have a lot of fun without you."
 
The members gave forced and guilty chuckles as they faced a pursed lip Sungyeol. 
 
"Don't worry, Yuna understood..." Sungjong continued, and then froze as he realized what he had just said. 
 
The members, including Sungyeol, froze and stared at him dumbfoundedly. 
 
Sungjong's eyes were wide as he drowned in the glares of five of his hyungs and the flabbergasted expression from Sungyeol. 
 
"Oops...?" Sungjong mumbled. 
 
"Yuna? So you really met her? Last night? And she was here? Too? How could you? And! Where is she?!" Sungyeol demanded. 
 
"You just missed her," came Woohyun's confident reply. 
 
Sungyeol and Yuna almost met. But didn't. At least they could keep it that way.
 
---
 
This chapter is long and I made it at 2 in the morning. So I practically didn't know half of what I was writing. 
 
Listening to: 2ne1 - 니가 제일 잘 나가; 슈퍼주니어 - Walkin'; 비스트 - 니가 제일 좋아