Something New, Something Great.

Virtual Friend.

 

Read last chapter so it's more understandable.
 
---
 
Sungyeol heaved a deep breath before entering the cafe. 
 
It was not hard to spot the girl wearing a pink hoodie. 
 
He heaved another deep breath before making his way towards her. 
 
He couldn't see her face yet, since she was looking down and fiddling with something on her lap. But he knew. He knew it was her.
 
He was in front of her table when he cleared his throat to get her attention. 
 
She looked up. 
 
And when Sungyeol saw her face, his breath caught up in his throat, and he could have sworn that his heart stopped beating for a second or two before picking up a very fast pace. 
 
"Yeollie!" she exclaimed excitedly when she realize she was finally face to face with the one and only person she wanted to meet for so long. 
 
Seeing him up close was so different from when he was on stage. Sungyeol performing was very charismatic. Seeing him up front bare, with no make up, was the real thing. He looked just like a normal, average teenager out for coffee. 
 
Sungyeol didn't expect her to be like that. He didn't expect her to call him like that at all. 
 
He expected their first meeting to be awkward and shy. But Yuna calling him by his [internet] nickname wasn't what he categorized as awkward. 
 
"Have a seat," she chirped and gestured for the seat across hers. 
 
Sungyeol bobbed his head up and down before taking the chair. 
 
She was very pretty. She was wearing light make up, but he could bet his earnings that even without the cosmetics, she would still be pretty. If not, prettier. 
 
"Would you like to order something?" she asked. 
 
Sungyeol couldn't even breathe properly with such a beauty in front of him, what more swallow liquid.  
 
"N-no, I-I'm fine," he stammered. 
 
Right at that moment, he wanted to bang his head on the table. How could he stutter? And how can she be so calm?
 
"Wow," Yuna breathed as she took in Sungyeol's appearance. 
 
He looked so casual, simple. Yuna thought he was attractive. He was taller in person, maybe even taller than her boss. He wasn't wearing any make up, not even BB cream. But his blemishes weren't a problem. Yuna saw through that. She still thought he was adorable. 
 
"You're reallyyyyy good looking..." she found herself saying as she continued to stare at his features. 
 
He wasn't as good looking as L, but he had his own charm. One Yuna couldn't resist and ignore. 
 
His lips were thin yet pouty at the same time, she couldn't describe it. They were juicy and red and she could just kiss them, if she wanted to humiliate herself. His cheeks were chubby, but not that chubby when she first saw him through that music video. His eyes were tired but had a warm and excited glint. He was just gorgeous. 
 
"And tall..." she added after a while. 
 
Sungyeol couldn't help but blush at her statements. 
 
"Speak for yourself," he replied. 
 
He wanted to pat himself at the back for not stuttering on that one. 
 
"Hm?" she raised a brow. 
 
"I mean, you're really pretty," he blurted. 
 
Yuna giggled and hid her red cheeks by looking down. 
 
She looked up once she thought her cheeks were back to their rosy color. 
 
She stared again at his innocent, and chubby face. 
 
He was really cute, and if he wanted to be, he could be manly. 
 
Yuna just wanted to press her palms on his cheeks and rub them. 
 
But she had to fight off that urge. 
 
"Do you think this meeting is awkward?" she suddenly asked, trying to think of something else besides his cheeks. 
 
She watched him shrug and puff his cheeks before letting out a breath. She had to fight off that urge to pinch his cheeks. His cheeks were starting to become her favorite feature of his. 
 
"So, you know, uhh, I'm really knew to this...thing. And I just, maybe, we could just, get to know each other, ahh, what am I saying, we've been chatting and getting to know each other through chat, and, uhh, sorry..." Yuna blabbed and winced. 
 
She was so out of herself suddenly. She didn't know where the stammering came from, but it was embarrassing to her. Even talking too much seemed like a discouraging quality for her. 
 
"It's okay. I'm new to this, too," Sungyeol replied shyly and chuckled. 
 
Yuna perked up. 
 
"We should be comfortable towards each other," she said. "I mean, we basically know a lot of stuff about each other. Why don't we be comfortable towards each other like friends? We are friends, right?"
 
"Right," he didn't hesitate to answer. 
 
"Okay. Come on!"
 
She didn't know what she was doing, nor did he. He didn't try to figure out what she was going to do and just let himself get dragged out of the cafe and to the sidewalk. 
 
Yuna continued to drag Sungyeol by his wrist until he caught up with her to walk by her side. She didn't know where they were going yet. But she knew that if she wanted the both of them to act comfortable, then it was better to not stay in just one place. 
 
Not two minutes later, an idea popped into Yuna's head. 
 
She stopped walking and turned around towards the direction of the nearest noraebang. 
 
"Where are we going now?" Sungyeol had to ask. 
 
"Noraebang," she simply answered. 
 
"Why?"
 
"Because, you missed out when I went to the noraebang with your members," she replied, shrugging. 
 
Sungyeol thought about it and shrugged. What else can he do? It's not like he has any ideas of where to hang out. 
 
Once they arrived, they had to wait by the lounge for a vacant room. 
 
It was a busy night, the place was packed with customers. The good thing was, they were the only ones waiting. Aka, the only ones who were too lazy to go and find another noraebang and opted to wait instead. 
 
Sungyeol covered his face with the hoodie the whole time they waited since some customers would pass by the lounge to get to the washrooms. And besides, a poster of Infinite was pasted on the wall among other band posters in the place. 
 
It was a close call when a group of girls entered the lounge to wait for another room. But that wasn't the catch. The girls were boyband fangirls, and the topic was his own band!
 
"Oh my gosh, they're all so hotttt!" a girl, about 15, squealed. 
 
"I know! I saw their performance at MCD earlier, and they were so cool!" another remarked. 
 
Sungyeol just kept his head down, while Yuna eavesdropped, a playful grin on her lips. He liked the compliments and the good reviews. But then, the girls slowly began to go off topic and the conversation slowly drifted to how hot the members were to the 'bulge' in their pants while they ed in their performance. That was something he couldn't bear to listen anymore. 
 
Yuna would nudge Sungyeol every time a girl would mention his name along a dirty comment. She would suppress her laughter. But as the comments got more erted, the harder it was to hold back the laughter. 
 
Ten minutes of waiting and eavesdropping, there was finally a room. It was Sungyeol's turn to drag Yuna out of the lounge area. 
 
He just hoped no one had noticed him. Or he'd be in big trouble. 
 
---
 
The whole night, Sungyeol and Yuna did stuff the other members had done with her. 
 
It was three in the morning when Sungyeol arrived back at their dorm. 
 
He was exhausted. But happy. 
 
A big, goofy smile played on his lips as he laid in bed and reminisced the best memory of that day before finally drifting off to sleep.
 
---
 
Both didn't know how or when they started to hold hands. It just happened naturally. 
 
While pigging out at a pojangmacha, they found themselves feeding each other, sometimes playfully, sometimes naturally, like how friends, or people who are more than friends, do it. 
 
And when they had exited, Yuna just grabbed on to his hand and dragged him to a tree house at the park across the street. 
 
Maybe that was when their fingers first intertwined. 
 
And surprisingly, no one wanted to let go. 
 
Not even when he walked her home, to the front door of her apartment. 
 
When he had bid his goodbyes and goodnights, he turned to leave, only to be stopped by Yuna's hold on him, and his hold on her hand. 
 
They laughed at that before slowly letting go. 
 
He watched her enter the apartment and close the door behind her before turning to leave. 
 
He was halfway to the elevator, when he felt a pair of lips pressed on his cheek for a good few seconds before they went away. 
 
He turned to see Yuna walking backwards to her apartment, waving him a goodbye and blowing him a kiss. 
 
---
 
Read last chapter so it's more understandable.