My Internet Bestfriend.

Virtual Friend.

Another stressful day for Sungyeol. And all he wanted was to relieve it. 

He wasn't really tired. Just stressed. 
 
He hasn't been doing anything that day except listen to the manager blab about their schedules and memorize his lines for the sitcom he was cast in. 
 
He laid in his bunk, trying to sleep. But of course, he wasn't physically tired and he was finding it hard to do so. The silence wasn't helping either. 
 
He was alone in the dorm, as all his other members had their own schedules. Woohyun and Sungjong were on Strong Heart. As Myungsoo was in Japan. Dongwoo and Hoya were out who knows where with the manager. While Sunggyu had a radio show. 
 
Now he, sort of, wished that taping wasn't cancelled. 
 
He closed his eyes for a while, trying to take a nap. He peeked one eye open and checked the time on the wall clock directly across him. Too early to sleep. Too late for a nap.
 
Just when he was about to succumb to the idea of sleeping the stress and boredom away, he remembered something. He almost jumped off his bed in excitement. 
 
Nana would be on any moment. 
 
He quickly scattered his stuff that piled at the foot of the bed, looking for his laptop. 
 
When he found it, he plugged and turned it on, and carried it to sit on his bed. He sat on the floor as he waited for the laptop to finish loading the home screen. 
 
And when it was done, he almost murdered the pad, clicking on to search for the house's Internet connection. 
 
When he was accessed in, he quickly opened the Internet browser and typed his recent favorite website. 
 
He was quick at logging in to his account. 
 
There was only one user added on his messenger list.
 
Lucky for him, he was on early. But he knew he didn't need to wait long. 
 
He sent her an offline message first, before logging into his UFO and reply to fan messages while waiting for her. 
 
Not long later, a beeping sound emitted from the laptop and a notification from the chat website popped into the screen. 
 
It was a message from nana018.
 
Nana was on!
 
Sungyeol closed the UFO tab and typed in his reply to Yuna's 'hello' message. 
 
yeol1991: annyeong, nana! How was your day?
nana018: hi, yeollie! My day was fine. How about yours?
 
And so it began. Their random chat. 
 
yeol1991 and nana018 never really had met in person. They never saw each other, nor do they know each other. 
 
They didn't know the other's name, and didn't bother to ask. They haven't even seen the other's face! It was better that way. They would only call each other by their usernames when they chat. 
 
That has been going on for months now. But Sungyeol was starting to want more.
 
---
 
It was just another day of busy schedule. Sungyeol and the rest of Infinite were in the waiting room of a music show. Some members were fixing themselves in front of the mirror, some silently practicing their lines and steps, and some just chilling. 
 
Sungyeol belonged in the 'chilling'  category. 
 
He was bored and they were one of the last ones to perform. 
 
So he set on playing a random game from the Internet. Both a stress and boredom reliever. 
 
He leveled up and waited for the game to load again, when he accidentally pressed on an advertisement. 
 
The ad led him to a chat website. At first, he doubted it. Because it was bare. And there weren't many online users listed on the side of the website. And he knew not to click on random ads, as some of them would either be a site or a site that would send a virus. Or both.
 
If he didn't want s to , or for his laptop to die, he knew better not to click on those sites. No matter how luxurious the prizes were for being the millionth visitor or something.
 
But he was curious and bored, so he tried to sign up for an account. 
 
Immediately, ten users buzzed him a 'hi' once he was officially signed up. 
 
He checked the usernames first, and found 8 out of ten of them, suspicious. The other two didn't seem to be the interesting type. 
 
But anyway, I mean, how could he not be suspicious, when they owned weird and somewhat erted usernames?
 
Sungyeol was about to delete his account, finding the site a waste of time when 'nana018' caught his attention.
 
The display picture was that of a girl's back. An ulzzang picture, no doubt. 
 
He buzzed the user, receiving a reply immediately. 
 
yeol1991: hey.
nana018: oh, hi. 
yeol1991: are you new here?
nana018: just made an account a few seconds ago. you?
yeol1991: cool! me too!
nana018: nice. 
 
And that's how their unusual friendship began. 
 
Well, it wasn't much of a conversation at first since the both of them wanted to confirm first that they weren't conversing with a ert, hacker, poser, psycho, or something like that. 
 
But somewhat, the both of them believed the other. 
 
Sungyeol didn't lie. He doubted her at first. He didn't know what she looked like. 'nana018' could be an ajumma, or a gay ajusshi, for all he knew. 
 
But the more they conversed, the more he was convinced that Nana was the person she said she was. 
 
But it had been months, and Sungyeol wanted to know what she looked like. He wanted to know her real name, too. 
 
Those, so far, were the only things he didn't know about her. Her name, and what she looked like. 
 
The curiosity was eating him up. 
 
And maybe, soon, he'd want to hear her voice. 
 
And then, later, he'd see her.
 
---
 
First chap. 
 
Listening to: 틴탑 - Beautiful Girl