The View.

Virtual Friend.
Yuna sat outside a cute cafe, enjoying a warm cup of cappuccino.
 
She was waiting for a friend and she was 10 minutes early.
 
She was surprised when her friend brought another friend to their meeting.
 
"Yuna, this is Yura—wow, your name's the same. Yura, this is my very pretty ulzzang friend, Yuna," her friend introduced.
 
"Nice to meet you," Yuna greeted cheerfully and bowed.
 
"Nice to meet you, too," the girl, Yura, replied. "Wow, you are very pretty."
 
"Yuna is an ulzzang and works with Park Taejun," her friend, Hyun Jae, said.
 
"Park Taejun? The Park Taejun? The twenty five year old hottie who owns Aboki?" Yura was in awe.
 
"Yes," Yuna answered humbly with a giggle.
 
"Wow... Do you know celebrities or idols, too, then?" Yura's eyes sparkled with interest.
 
"Er..."
 
Yuna was thinking whether she should tell that she knew Infinite and is actually good friends with one of the members.
 
But she decided against telling. Would they believe her anyway? And of course, she didn't want to create a scandal between her and that member.
 
"No. Not really," she lied.
 
"Oh," Yura uttered.
 
"By the way, Yura is my 2nd cousin," Hyun Jae, Yuna's friend, informed Yuna. "And Yura is a big fan of boy bands. So, don't get too confused when she interrupts us with random boy band facts."
 
Yura gave a sheepish giggle.
 
"I'm a fan of girl bands, too. But not as much as I am a fan of boy bands," Yura corrected. "And right now, I'm crushing on this seven member boy band named Infinite. Do you know them?"
 
Yuna perked up at the name of the band. Of course she knew them. She even has their numbers.
 
Should she say yes? But if she does, Yura might go all fangirly. Yura might make her join in a discussion of the band, and one of the last things Yuna wanted to happen was to slip up. She couldn't afford accidentally giving anything out.
 
"Erm, a bit. I only listened to their songs once."
 
"Aww, too bad," Yura pouted. "They're really good looking. My favorites are Sungyeol and L. But I think I like Sungyeol more because he's very funny."
 
Yuna gave a forced chuckle.
 
Great. Now she was friends with a hard core Infinite fan who was crushing on the guy she likes.
 
---
 
"Hey," Yuna uttered as soon as she answered the call from Sungyeol.
 
She could feel the butterflies waking up in her belly.
 
"Hey," Sungyeol replied casually.
 
The casual answer, the sound of his voice, was enough to make the butterflies in Yuna's belly to go wild.
 
"So, what's up?" Yuna tried to keep calm.
 
"I just woke up from a nap. And..." he trailed off. 
 
"And?" Yuna pressed.
 
"And you were the first person that came into my mind," he answered honestly.
 
If she was at home, she would have probably screamed her lungs out. But she was outdoors, so she struggled to keep the giddiness to herself.
 
"Well, uhh, should I be flattered?"
 
"I don't know."
 
From the other line, Sungyeol was punching his poor pillow.
 
He didn't know how he was so honest in one moment, and the next he couldn't even say anything right.
 
"Oh."
 
Sungyeol raised an eyebrow at the tone Yuna used. It sounded disappointed.
 
Sungyeol immediately racked his brain for a new topic.
 
"So, are you free? Can I see you?"
 
There it goes again. He was being too bold. It wouldn't be a surprise if he stutters the next moment.
 
"I'm with some friends at the moment," she said bashfully. "But I can excuse myself. I mean, we only agreed to meet for a cup or coffee..."
 
"No, it's okay. I don't want to steal you away from your friends," Sungyeol felt a bit guilty.
 
He heard Yuna chuckle at the other end.
 
"It's alright. They're leaving anyway. So, um, where do we hang out?"
 
He lightened up at what she said. An idea popped into his head.
 
"I'll come over and pick you up at wherever you are. I'll be in a cab," he said, unable to hide his excitement.
 
Yuna glanced at the two girls back at the table. Her gaze lingering on Yura longer.
 
She had to lie. As much as as she wanted to spend time with her friend and a new friend, she really wanted to spend some more time with Sungyeol. It's not every day you get to spend your day with an idol. Especially one you have the eyes for.
 
"I'll be at home," she replied.
 
"Great. See you in a moment!"
 
"Yeah. Bye!"
 
As Yuna pocketed her phone, she ran to her friends.
 
"Hey, um, something came up. I'm sorry to leave first," she lied.
 
The two girls just smiled at her and nodded in understanding.
 
"It's alright. Take care, girl," Hyunjae bid.
 
Yuna bowed at them in apology before running out of the cafe and hailing a cab to get her home.
 
She arrived only a few tiny bit of seconds before Sungyeol.
 
He was wearing one of his infamous cardigans and a pair of black rimmed glasses that had no lenses in them. He was wearing a cap and looked like an average college guy rather than an idol.
 
Only did Yuna recognize him when he tipped the cap up a bit.
 
The disguise wasn't really good, but because the cap covered his face, it was alright.
 
"So, where are we going?" she inquired as they settled themselves on the backseat of the cab.
 
"It's a surprise," he said, feeling a tad of confidence surge through him.
 
"Oh, I'm not really a fan of surprises," Yuna complained.
 
The cabbie drove until they reached the parking area of Lotte World.
 
Yuna was in awe of what Sungyeol had in store for her.
 
The amusement park was one of the places Yuna imagined her ideal date to happen. If—if—it was a date.
 
She still didn't want to keep her hopes up though.
 
Sungyeol tipped his cap lower while he paid for the entrance fees. Yuna stood behind him.
 
When they got in, Yuna was overwhelmed by how many people there were. And also because of the rides.
 
"So, what do you want to try first?" Sungyeol asked as he sheepishly placed his hands on the front pocket of his jeans.
 
"I don't know," Yuna replied, clearly awed.
 
"Well, for starters, maybe we can go to the, um, win a Teddy games?" Sungyeol suggested.
 
Yuna just nodded her head like a five year old and let Sungyeol lead the way.
 
When they got to the booths area, Sungyeol chose to play a target shooting stall.
 
"Win me that panda, oppa."
 
Sungyeol's eyes widened.
 
Did he hear it right? Yuna called him oppa.
 
Usually it was just Yeollie. But she really, really called him oppa. And it sounded so sweet coming from her lips.
 
Sungyeol's heart swelled. He nodded at her once and paid the guy on the booth and assumed his position in front of a toy gun.
 
His hands were shaking and they weren't helping at all. So he took his time breathing in and out to calm his nerves.
 
When he was stable enough, he breathed out and pulled the plastic trigger.
 
It hit the red target, making him smile real wide and Yuna to cheer like a little girl. It seems as though the amusement park brought the 5 year old out of her.
 
"Best 3 out of 5, and get a prize," the man behind the booth said.
 
Sungyeol moved to the next target, which had a smaller bullseye.
 
He pulled the trigger too eagerly and missed it.
 
He hissed at his miss but Yuna comforted him.
 
"It's okay. You can do better!" she cheered.
 
He was inspired to get the third try right.
 
And hit the target he did.
 
He pumped his fist in the air.
 
"Well, guys with their girlfriends cheering for them hit the target more than those who're just playing solo or with their friends," the guy said.
 
"Oh, but—"
 
"The panda!" Yuna squealed, cutting Sungyeol off his denial.
 
He was glad she did. He didn't really like to deny although it was true. And besides, it sounded nice.
 
Yuna smiled when Sungyeol's attention turned back to hitting the target. She purposely cut him off before he could even deny something she wanted to be true.
 
Sungyeol's eyebrows furrowed as he struggled to align the toy gun's nozzle to the moving target. By far it was the hardest. It was small and moving.
 
Saved the best for last, he muttered sarcastically.
 
With a deep breath, he closed his eyes and pulled the trigger.
 
He didn't know if he hit it, but all he heard was Yuna screaming happily.
 
Sungyeol opened his eyes, and to his disbelief, he had hit the moving target.
 
The guy behind the booth chuckled and gave Sungyeol a few claps before asking Yuna which stuffed toy she wanted to have.
 
Yuna pointed at a large panda. And the guy gave it to her.
 
"Lucky shot," the guy told Sungyeol. "I'm letting your girlfriend choose since she's really cute. Take care!"
 
Yuna and Sungyeol walked away from the booth with the panda squished tightly in Yuna's arms.
 
"Thanks, Yeollie!" she squealed.
 
Sungyeol just gave her a smile, all the while wondering where oppa went.
 
Next, they tried a mini basketball game where you have to shoot 14 balls in the hoops within 15 seconds.
 
Sungyeol was about to move away from that booth when Yuna volunteered to play and win him something.
 
Sungyeol paid before Yuna could, and she sheepishly took her place in front of the hoops.
 
The ajusshi behind the booth handed Yuna all fourteen balls and started to time her as she started to shoot hoops. Or at least tried to.
 
In fifteen seconds, Yuna only managed to shoot 4 balls.
 
Sungyeol laughed at her plight, making Yuna pout and hit him with the big panda.
 
After that, Sungyeol started to suggest trying out the ride.
 
Yuna was still indecisive, so Sungyeol suggested they ride the nearest one.
 
Yuna's grip on the panda tightened when she saw the ride as the big boat that swung back and forth.
 
Seeing as she wasn't moving, Sungyeol grabbed Yuna's wrist and led her to the queue.
 
He tipped his cap lower when he noticed a group of girls before them, fearing they might be fan girls.
 
He felt Yuna inch closer towards him and turned to her with a questionable look.
 
Her lips were pursed and eyebrows furrowed on the ride.
 
"Are you scared, Yuna?" he asked.
 
She only nodded and held on to his arm, gripping on it tightly.
 
Sungyeol chuckled and placed a hand on top of hers.
 
"Don't be. I'm here," he guaranteed.
 
"Okay. Hold my hand, okay?" she said.
 
Before he could even take in what she said, Yuna's free hand was already intertwined with his. And at the same time, the line began to move.
 
Yuna's panda was left at the entrance.
 
Sungyeol and Yuna took the seat nearest the middle part, due to Yuna's constant insistence that it would be the least part in the rocking boat that would receive the scary thrill.
 
A few minutes after they got settled in, the ride began to move and the grip on Sungyeol's hand tightened even more.
 
The whole ride was a thrill for Sungyeol while it was horror to Yuna.
 
Sungyeol loved seeing Yuna's cute reactions every time the boat with swing down. And he especially loved it whenever Yuna would squeeze his hand.
 
Yuna, on the other hand, hated how it was making her dizzy. It was real life horror to her with a bit of happy ending as she ended up enjoying the sensation in her tummy from holding Sungyeol's hand.
 
The two of them continued to try out the other rides, except for the roller coaster, which the both of them agreed to never visit.
 
It was already 8PM when Sungyeol suggested they try out the ferris wheel for the last ride.
 
Yuna wasn't what you could call hesitant. Although she had a fear of heights, she agreed. She always wanted to see the view from up above.
 
---
 
They kept quiet as they took in the view of the city around them.
 
"I'm afraid of heights. But wow," Yuna uttered as the city lights took her breath away. "If I could fly, I would never look down. Instead, I'd look ahead. It's a much better view."
 
Sungyeol stared at her longingly.
 
He didn't know what got into him when he slid closer to her.
 
Yuna didn't seem to mind and even moved closer to him.
 
She shifted her gaze from the view to him.
 
Her hands moved on their own and removed the eyeglasses from his face. She also took the cap from his head.
 
She smiled when she saw how adorable he looked with wide, innocent eyes and a messy hair.
 
Sungyeol was totally out of control now.
 
Seeing her smile warmly at him made him feel warm and giddy inside that he didn't realize he was leaning in.
 
Yuna knew what was coming.
 
And as the surroundings were romantic, she knew it was the right moment for it.
 
She closed her eyes. And before they both knew it, their lips were pressed and moving in a synchronized way against the other.
 
It was just perfect.
 
When they pulled away, they were both red and flustered.
 
Yuna wanted to stop the feeling of warm butter sliding down the pits of her stomach. It felt good, but it was making her lose her cool.
 
Sungyeol, on the other hand, wanted to pinch himself. He couldn't believe that he had just kissed this amazing girl.
 
When they got off, the back of their hands touched.
 
They looked at each other for a while. Thinking the same thing, they reached for the other's hand and intertwined their fingers.
 
Their hands fit like puzzle pieces.
 
Yuna had always wondered how that was possible.
 
She had held hands with guys before. But either this guy's hand was too big, or too small. But with Sungyeol, everything was just right. Perfect even.
 
---
 
Listening to: 추가율 - I Love Hoya; Micky Yoochun - My Girlfriend