Doomed and Ditched.

Virtual Friend.

 

The members woke around noon the next day, as if nothing happened the night before. 
 
To Sungyeol, it was nothing. Just his hyungs being mysterious and weird.
 
But behind his back, they were all either snickering and winking, being in their own secret world where they met and hung out with Yuna. 
 
Sungyeol did notice a little of this but decided to ignore it. 
 
Quite frankly, for him, how they were acting seemed nothing. Nothing to be made a big deal of. 
 
As Sungyeol exited the bathroom, he bumped into Myungsoo, who was preparing to wash up. 
 
Sungyeol raised a brow at his impassive expression that seemed to be masking something else. 
 
"Good morning, hyung!" Myungsoo greeted cheerfully and scurried past Sungyeol. 
 
Sungyeol furrowed his brows at Myungsoo's weirdness. 
 
"It's noon!" Sungyeol shouted as Myungsoo shut the bathroom door. 
 
---
 
Sungyeol looked up from his script when his phone beeped with a text message. 
 
He was in the recording room, memorizing his script as he waited for Sungjong to finish perfecting and recording his lines for their new song, Paradise. 
 
Instead of holding on to the song lines he was supposed to sing, he was memorizing his script for While You Were Sleeping. 
 
He slithered his hand to the space beside him where his phone was settled. 
 
He looked at the sender and made a face of slight disgust. 
 
He dishearteningly opened the message and read it. 
 
"Good afternoon, Sungyeol sshi. Sorry about yesterday. I got into an emergency situation with my parents."
 
Sungyeol tried his hardest to not reply and forgive her so easily. 
 
So he settled his phone back down and continued to review his lines. 
 
Before he could even read a word of his script, his phone beeped again. 
 
He opened the message. 
 
It was from Yuna again. 
 
"How can I make it up to you?"
 
He put down his phone after receiving the text. But instead of going back to his memorizing, he thought of some things that Yuna could do to possibly make it up to him. 
 
But he was snapped out of his scheming when the producer called him in the booth. Sungjong had already left. Which meant it was finally his turn to record. 
 
---
 
Sungyeol endured a whole afternoon of lectures and torture on his throat. 
 
The producer kept scolding him for not practicing his lines enough, but understood as he realized that Sungyeol was a busy person, too, and had so much in his hands already. In return, the producer withstood Sungyeol's mistakes and had to be patient until he perfected them. 
 
Next was Sungyeol's rap on their other song, Cover Girl. To which Woohyun suggested Sungyeol try to do. 
 
The look on the producer's and manager's faces were priceless when they saw him finish it in less than thirty minutes or so. 
 
"Good job, Sungyeol. Now off you go," his manager said and sent him off. 
 
Sungyeol grabbed his stuff and took a look at his phone. He saw two missed calls from Yuna and a message from her. 
 
"Are you busy? Sorry about yesterday. My mom called an emergency. Apparently, it was just to ask me what's a good restaurant in Seoul to take her friends to. When I got home, you were still on. But you didn't reply. Then your member said you were already asleep. Too bad though. I had a good time with your members last night."
 
Sungyeol's eyes were about to jump out of his sockets as he repeatedly read the last few sentences. 
 
He felt angry, betrayed, and powerless. 
 
Now he had found the reason why his hyungs were weird last night and the day. And even his two dongsaengs!
 
He pocketed his phone forcefully and stomped his way towards the exit of the building. 
 
He took a cab back to their dorm and, again, when he arrived, stomped his way to the door of the apartment, where he knew his hyungs were hanging out. 
 
He opened the door expecting to find at least one member lounging in the living room, only to find the whole abode empty. 
 
They ditched him again. 
 
---
 
Listening to: B1A4 - OK; 샤이니 - Up & Down