Forward Step.

Virtual Friend.

Yuna and Sungyeol have been secretly seeing each other whenever the two were void of schedule.

It was hard. But if they could manage being virtual friends and almost communicating all the time, they could also manage keeping the relationship and communication intact.


In fact, after three months of that, even though Sungyeol had been flying in and out of the country, they have gotten a lot closer.


All the members didn't seem to mind. Even Woohyun had lost interest in trying to jokingly pull them apart. He was actually supportive of their relationship.


The manager, Jung Ryul, had learned of the secret relationship accidentally when he had a hold of the members' phones during a broadcast. He was curious as to who Yuna with a heart was on the caller ID of Sungyeol's phone. Although the boys weren't specifically told to not date anyone, it was an unwritten and unsaid rule. But the manager agreed that Sungyeol could keep dating as long as he was discreet.


Despite days of being apart, Sungyeol and Yuna grew closer. Whenever they would meet, the awkward tension that used to be there was long gone. In fact, they were very close and had entered the best friend phase although they were already boyfriend and girlfriend.


They were already comfortable enough to tease each other with nonexistent flaws.


But of course, the occasional kissing was there. Although they haven't officially 'made out' yet. But bit by bit, the kisses were getting longer and needier.


"Mm, we should sh-stop," Yuna said as she pulled away.


It was starting to get heated when Sungyeol's hands began to move.


Sungyeol nodded and looked down bashfully. He couldn't believe he let his body take over.


"Uh, yeah. We should. Sorry," he said and cleared his throat.


They sat about a foot from each other, staring awkwardly on the floor.


They were in Yuna's apartment. The only place where they could date without disguising themselves or have some privacy. Although Yuna has met the other Infinite members, Sungyeol didn't want to 'share'.


It was silent as both of them contemplated about what had happened.


Sungyeol cursing himself for being so careless. Yet getting excited as he thought about what was about to happen back then. Then cursing himself again for thinking about what had happened and what didn't too much.


Meanwhile, Yuna was feeling shy for being too bold. She wasn't exactly not ready for it. But she wanted to secure their relationship first. She wanted the both of them to say those three words before they jump into doing it. But she enjoyed it. She was actually hoping Sungyeol would have gone aggressive on her so maybe something could have happened. But he didn't. And Yuna admired him for that. She was happy and contented he was like that. Not many males were like that. Not many were patient.


After quite some time of silence, Sungyeol decided to break it with a fake cough.


"Er, I should get going now, Yun," he said using his new nickname for her.


"Um, yeah. It's getting late. Your members are probably wondering where you are," she agreed mindlessly.


At what she said, Sungyeol couldn't help but snort. s probably never wondered where he had run off to. For all they knew, whenever he was out of the house, he was at Yuna's or with Yuna.


"What's so funny?" Yuna asked a bit confused.


"Yun, the members know where I am. I go out and they know I'm with you..." he said.


Yuna giggled and silently agreed at his words. Somehow the atmosphere lightened at the short conversation.


Sungyeol slowly stood up.


"I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow after schedule," he said.


He walked in front of her and slowly bent down. He seemed to be having thoughts until he finally made up his mind and gave her a sweet kiss on her cheek.


Sungyeol didn't miss the blush that colored her cheeks shortly afterwards.


"Be careful, okay?" she said when he went towards her coat rack to retrieve his own jacket.


Yuna followed him, and while he was busy zipping himself up in his hoodie and then jacket, she wrapped his scarf around his neck.


When he was done, she gave him a smile. One that he always wanted to see. One that would never fail to bring a smile to his own face. One that would make him feel like a kid on sugar high.


He reciprocated her smile with his own gummy one and not a second later, he felt Yuna's lips press against the corner of his.


"Take care," she whispered.


Yuna walked him out her apartment building.


"Take care, okay? Rest well," it was Sungyeol's turn to 'nag' her.


Yuna chuckled and nodded.


"Yessir!"


She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him quickly.


"Bye! I love you!"


Then she ran in and slammed the door shut.


It took Sungyeol a while to register the last thing she had said. But once he did, his eyes widened. He shook his head and turned to her door and slammed his fists against the wood.


"Oi! Shim Yuna! Open the door!" he demanded. He almost sounded childish.


Yuna was blushing like crazy on the other side, at the same time holding in her giddy giggles.


I finally said it!


"Shim Yuna!" Sungyeol demanded once more.


"Shilheo!" her voice came muffled to the other side.


"Please? Open the door?" Yuna was shocked to hear Sungyeol's tone change to pleading.


She cleared , "and why should I do that?"


"Because I love you, too!"


---

@theblackcat1236: Actually, it's warm butter sliding down your tummy. Not throat. It's another way of saying "butterflies in your tummy". It's actually a real feeling you get especially when you get your first kiss. Or when you kiss.