Dubu.

Virtual Friend.

Yuna was cleaning her living room after a holiday away from her apartment to celebrate Christmas and New Year with her parents.


She was getting frustrated with all the dust the place had accumulated while she was gone.


Meanwhile, she hasn't seen Sungyeol over the holidays as he spent his small vacation time with his family and the rest of the holidays with s while following their respective schedules.


But they still kept in touch.


But nobody could deny the fact that both of them missed each other.


Yuna was wiping her bookshelf free of dust when the doorbell rang, startling her.


She wasn't expecting anyone. She didn't call for delivery and no one called her about visiting.


When she looked through the peephole, all she saw was something red.


She opened the door cautiously and met with Sunggyu who looked bored holding a red rose and still didn't notice that Yuna had opened her door.


"Sunggyu sshi," she called.


He finally snapped out of it and grinned sheepishly at her, his eyes disappearing.


Yuna had to laugh at his disappearing eyes. It was adorable though.


Sunggyu didn't say anything and just handed Yuna the rose. He waved once before running off down the hallway towards the elevator.


Yuna was left standing by her door with her brow raised. She was confused. Why would Sunggyu give her a rose?


But she shrugged the thought off. She went back in and closed the door behind her. She settled the lone rose on the coffee table and returned to her chore.


Not a while later, her doorbell rang again. She looked through the peephole again only to be blocked by something white.


She opened it, just as cautiously as before. She let her guard down when she saw Dongwoo's smiley face.


He was holding a pillow sized Teddy bear. It was huggable. Very huggable. In fact, 'hug me now' was written all over it. Not really. But it was something like that.


Just like Sunggyu, he handed his package to her and left without saying a word. All he did after that was smile towards her until the elevator doors closed.


Now, this is getting fishy, she thought.


She went back in and settled the huge stuffed toy on the couch.


She didn't bother going back to her cleaning and just stared at the teddy bear as if demanding for answers.


She turned to look at the rose again and pursed her lips.


She waited for another few minutes, expecting another member to ring the doorbell carrying an outrageous gift.


But thirty minutes passed and no one had come, so she gave up on waiting and turned to the kitchen realizing she was hungry.


Just before she could open her fridge, the doorbell finally rang.


She still looked through the peephole to try and get a glimpse of whatever it was this next member was going to give her.


She immediately regretted that when she saw Woohyun's huge face grinning at her. She had to put a hand on her chest to calm herself.


A fish eye view of a greasy Woohyun wasn't that appealing to her apparently. He looked scary and funny at the same time.


She opened the door and he wiggled his eyebrows at her at once.


"Jajan!" he took out his right hand from his pocket and produced a small yet expensive looking perfume.


He handed it to her before she could even react and ran down the hallway towards the open elevator.


He waved before the doors closed and Yuna entered her apartment with the perfume in hand.


She placed it on the coffee table beside the rose and bit her lip.


She still didn't know what was going on, really.


But she had ideas.


One, it could be Sungyeol's surprise for her. Yet, she was tempted to cross that idea out as he couldn't have just bothered s just to do that for her.


Two, maybe Infinite was on a generous gift giving spree.


She still didn't know what was really going on but played along anyway.


A few minutes later, her doorbell rang again.


She didn't bother looking through the peephole.


She opened it immediately and saw Hoya holding a chocolate box the size of her welcome mat.


Hoya smiled at her and gave her the box. He waved at her before walking away.


She put away the chocolate on the coffee table along with the two other gifts.


Instead of figuring out what was going on, she tried to bet with herself on who the next member would be and what his gift would be.


The next doorbell rang and she opened it to Myungsoo. He was standing there cooly with both his hands in his pockets.


It was awkward at first until Yuna raised an eyebrow at him.


Myungsoo chuckled, clearly messing with her with his act earlier, and pulled out his hands from his pockets. They were clenched and he held them up. He nodded his head, sending a mental message for Yuna to choose a hand.


Yuna absently chose his right hand and he opened it to see a silver ring with little crystals engraved around it.


"Wear it," was all he said before walking off.


Yuna examined it for a while before wearing it on her pointer finger on her right hand and entering her apartment for the fifth time.


It wasn't until fifteen minutes later when she had to open her door.


She saw Sungjong smiling at her widely. His hands were behind his back.


"Hi noona!" he greeted.


"Hi Jongie," she greeted back.


"Next time someone rings the doorbell, look through the hole first, okay?" he said and shoved a bag full of important candies on Yuna's hands. "Bye!"


Hana looked at the bag in her hands and took one into before entering.


She remembered her hunger.


---


Yuna was divulging herself with the candies Sungjong had given her. She was craving for the chocolates Hoya handed her but she was afraid to tear the expensive wrapping that she didn't bother touch it yet.


It had been twenty minutes and no one has rung the doorbell yet.


She was eyeing the box of chocolates and was tempted to devour them. But before she could even do that, her doorbell finally rang.


She was about to turn the knob and swing the door open when she remembered what Sungjong had said.


So she peeked through the hole first and saw a Golden Retriever puppy.


She cooed at the cuteness and finally opened the door to see her dork of a boyfriend flashing a dorky grin with the puppy in his arms.


He was about to say something when she jumped towards him and showered his face with kisses.


He was wearing fake glasses and Yuna threw it away behind her and continued to kiss him.


Sungyeol wrinkled his face, but he was smiling widely, his gums even showed.


"Missed me?" he asked when she finally stopped.


Yuna just nodded eagerly.


"Like my gifts?" he asked and gestured towards inside her apartment and at the puppy in his one hand.


Yuna just nodded slowly but had an uncertain look on her face.


"Yun, this is Dubu, our son," he said. "Dubu, meet your mommy."


Yuna's eyebrows raised in shock.


"Son?"


"Mm! So you won't be lonely while I'm away. Okay!" Sungyeol exclaimed.


He made his way in her apartment and settled the dog down.


Yuna followed him with her arms crossed.


Sungyeol turned to this image of Yuna and he knew he had to say something.


"I'll have his stuff up later, okay?" he said.


"Since when did you come back?" she asked, ignoring his previous words.


"Five hours ago..." he said sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head.


"What was all that a while ago?"


Sungyeol laughed shyly.


"I was trying to be romantic. So I dragged the members to the mall and told them to buy this and that and I went to the pet store and got Dubu. And then I planned it all on the last minute and—"


He was cut off when Yuna pressed her lips against his.


It was a slow and passionate kiss and they only pulled away when they were out of breath.


"Yay! I have a cute, awesome, romantic idol boyfriend!" Yuna cheered while encircling her arms around his neck.


"Yeah! I'm awesome!" Sungyeol rejoiced.


Yuna hugged him and stood on his shoes to rest her chin on his shoulder.


Her eyes widened when she saw the dog lurking on the corner. The dog raised its leg and before Yuna knew it, it peed on her bookshelf.


"SUNGYEOL!"


---


The end.


---


I know it's rushed. Yes yes. But I had to end it. Sorry if it wasn't good enough. And honestly I don't care if I receive really bad criticism. In the end, it's my story. Haha. 


So, thanks for wasting your time reading this. He he. No, really.


Thank you :)


And oh gosh, the dog name. I have never watched Birth of a Family. And I only know Nurungie among the three dogs. When I finished writing this, I saw an allkpop article that named the three dogs. And I was like, they have a dog named Dubu?! I named the dog Dubu! Haha. I really didn't know. Haha.