Point One.

Virtual Friend.

 

Infinite was called for their turn. And Sungyeol couldn't help but start to feel nervous. 
 
One would think that he was already used to performing. He was. But being nervous at the start of a performance never goes away. 
 
Sungjong purposely passed in front of Sungyeol and whispered the direction to where Yuna was standing. 
 
The lights were still dim, but the small light on the audience was enough to tell who was who in the crowd. If, of course, they knew who was who. Idols don't know all of their fans. But some familiarize. 
 
Sungyeol caught a glimpse of a girl in white, seated in the middle part of all the Infinite fans. 
 
Sungyeol had to shake Yuna off his thoughts for a while and concentrate on performing. 
 
Paradise now, Yuna later. That was what he kept on chanting. 
 
The lights blared and the music started. It was showtime.
 
---
 
Yuna held her breath the whole time Infinite performed. 
 
Obviously, they were breathtaking when they performed. 
 
Perfection was like an understatement. 
 
At the end of the performance, Yuna joined the fans at chanting and cheering.
 
She quite regretted only keeping her eyes on one person most of the time. But it didn't matter as the eyes of the person she was keeping tabs on was also on hers. 
 
It took all her strength to keep herself from fainting, unlike that one fan who was in front. She had stood up during the chorus, only to fall down and be taken somewhere backstage by staff members. 
 
After the performance, the members bowed and slowly exited the stage, not before waving and showing a little bit of fan service to the audience. 
 
Yuna swore she saw some of the members wave and wink at her. 
 
But it could have been anyone near her, like the girls on either of her side, the girls in front, and the girls at the back. 
 
---
 
Sungyeol kept on texting her. But she wouldn't reply. 
 
He was waiting backstage while the other artists performed. 
 
Sungjong was frustrated too. 
 
He kept on calling Yuna's number but she wasn't picking her phone up. 
 
He ruffled his well kept hair and looked around the room. 
 
Hoya and Dongwoo were passed out on the couch. Sungyeol was too busy fumbling with his phone to notice three members missing. 
 
"WOOHYUN HYUUUUUNG!"
 
---
 
As soon as the performance ended, Yuna was among those fans who used the ladies' room. 
 
Unbeknownst to her, someone was keeping a good watch on her. 
 
And once she exited the ladies' room, she was pulled by someone she thought was familiar inside a dark storage room. It all happened too quick that she didn't even have time to call for help. 
 
With a click, the room lit up and revealed three Infinite members. 
 
"Oh, hey, guys," Yuna greeted, quite unsure why they had to be in such a room. "What am I doing here?"
 
"Sorry, Yuna," Sunggyu mumbled sincerely. 
 
"About?" she inquired. 
 
Before she could even realize what they were doing, Woohyun had fished out the phone from her pocket and held it out. 
 
"We can't let you and Sungyeol meet," Woohyun said. 
 
"Uh, why?" she asked, sounding a bit desperate.
 
She was curious why they didn't want her to meet with Sungyeol. Yuna had been wishing to meet him. But why were his other members against it?
 
"Uh, well, because—" Woohyun stuttered, finding a good enough reason.
 
Yuna wiped his face while awaiting for an answer, and Woohyun couldn't stop the blush spreading on his cheeks. 
 
But this blush didn't stay long when Yuna wiped Myungsoo's and Sunggyu's faces with sweat. 
 
"Why are we even here? It's so hot," Yuna complained as she wiped her own sweat. She turned to Woohyun, "You were saying?"
 
Woohyun couldn't even say more as Yuna's phone rang. 
 
It was a call from Sungjong. 
 
Yuna was about to grab it from Woohyun's hand, but Myungsoo took it and held it up. 
 
"Sorry, we can't really let you and hyung meet," Myungsoo said. 
 
"Why?"
 
"Because he's not that good looking in person!" Woohyun blurted out mindlessly. 
 
Yuna raised a brow before bursting into laughter. 
 
"I don't really care if he's not that good looking," she said honestly. "I want to meet him."
 
"Hyung has a cold and we don't want you to catch it," Myungsoo reasoned lamely. 
 
Yuna rolled her eyes. 
 
Their excuses were getting lame that she was beginning to get suspicious. 
 
"I have a face mask. And besides, I thought Sungyeol had gotten over his cold a week ago...?" Yuna replied smarty. 
 
Truthfully, she didn't have a face mask. 
 
"And he's probably sleeping. I mean, he's really, really tired from last night's filming of his sitcom," Sunggyu added. 
 
"He didn't have a schedule last night. We were texting last night. And I'm pretty sure he slept early since we went to bed the same time," Yuna retorted. 
 
The three members palmed their foreheads. 
 
Yuna was about to grab her phone from Myungsoo when it rang. Along with the three others' phones. 
 
Woohyun had a call from Sungjong, Myungsoo from Hoya, Sunggyu from Sungyeol, and Yuna's phone was definitely ringing with a call from Dongwoo. 
 
The three simultaneously declined the calls. Even Myungsoo pressed on to Yuna's phone. 
 
"Oh, gosh, guys! What are you up to? Seriously?" Yuna was starting to get annoyed. 
 
It was dark, it was hot, she was sweating, her phone was being held hostage by Myungsoo, she was their hostage, and the room was suffocating her. 
 
Yuna's phone rang again, and Myungsoo didn't even look at the caller ID and rejected it. 
 
Yuna looked at him with an expression mixed with disbelief and shock. 
 
"That was my boss!" she shrieked. 
 
Myungsoo was too shocked by her outburst that he let his guard down, letting Yuna grab her phone. 
 
Yuna quickly dialed back. 
 
Two rings later, Taejun answered. 
 
"Ah, oppa, sorry about that. I pressed the wrong button," she immediately apologized. 
 
"No problem. Hey, can you be here at the cafe next to Aboki? Chihoon, Hyunseok, Jiho and the girls are here. They're planning on an impromptu photoshoot. I'm the only one without a partner. Come over!" Taejun said from the other line. 
 
"Jinjja, oppa? Omo! I'll be there! See you!"
 
Yuna then hung up happily. 
 
"I have to go," she said without looking at the three guys. 
 
The boys let her out. 
 
She didn't even say goodbye as she skipped out of the room. 
 
The three guys sighed, a mixture of relief and nervousness. 
 
One point for the anti team. 
 
But they couldn't really get completely happy. 
 
Once they go back to the waiting room, they would have to face Sungjong's wrath. 
 
---
 
Listening to: Wonder Girls - Headache; 인피니트 - 맡겨