Twin Sister

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Who are you looking for?”

Secretary Oh widened his eyes when he saw the woman standing in front of him. He was surprised and confused at the same time. She looked exactly the same as his boss’s wife Choi Yoon Suh but it was impossible that she is here.

“Hmmm… I’m here to look for Lee sajang-nim.” He said as he held the paper bag up at her and smiled awkwardly. “He asked me to bring some samples for him.”

“Oh… you are one of the staff in his company?” The woman asked.

Secretary Oh looked at her in disbelief. If she is Choi Yoon Suh, then this wasn’t the first time they met. He always came here in the past to look for his boss and it was not possible for her not to recognize him. So it was true. What his boss suspected and what he asked him to check was true. “You don’t rec…”

“Secretary Oh.”

He turned to the direction of the voice when his name was called.

Lee Min Ho came out from his study room when he heard the doorbell. He was waiting for Secretary Oh to come over. He needs to see and test the new samples, and most importantly, he need to know the outcome of what he asked him to check for him. He needs to know whether his guesses were right or wrong. When he was halfway walking down the stairs, he heard Secretary Oh’s conversation with his wife. He took in a sharp breath when she couldn’t recognize Secretary Oh. He was quite sure that his suspicious and intuition was right now.

When his secretary wanted to ask her something, he quickly called him to cut him off. He came down and glanced at her before turning to Secretary Oh. “Did you bring the samples?” He asked and gave him a meaningful look, signalling him to keep his mouth shut.

Secretary Oh got what he meant as he quickly nodded his head and stole a sideway glance at the woman.

“I’ll go to check on So Won. She is doing her homework.” The woman must have sensed something as she bowed at him politely before she walked away.

Min Ho saw the awkwardness on her face as he turned to her, who was walking towards the stairs.

“Yoon Suh-ah.” He called her from behind. He realized that this has been the first time he calls her by her name since she came back. His brows creased slightly when she didn’t turn back and just continued to walk. His heart dropped to his stomach.

“Yoon Suh.” He tried again.

This time, his voice stopped her from walking. She paused there for a moment before she turned to him. Her smile was awkward and unnatural. “Yes?”

Min Ho pursed his lips as a cold shivers ran through his body. He stared at her for a long second, trying to find an excuse that he was wrong. He sighed silently. “Hmmm… you can have dinner with So Won first. I have a discussion with Secretary Oh and it might take slightly long.”

She nodded her head. “Okay. I’ll eat with her first.” She said before turning away.

Min Ho looked at her as his eyes darkened.

Secretary Oh turned to his boss and was worried with his expression. He has been taking care of him since he was a kid. Even though he was cold and seems expressionless but he know deep inside this young man, he was hurting. He is just competent at hiding his true emotions and feelings. He channelled all his pains into his work. He kept everything inside his heart without telling anybody. Or maybe he has no one to talk to.  

He sighed silently. “Sajang-nim, Yoon Suh agasshi…”

“Talk in my study room.” Min Ho cut him off as he took a last look at the woman that he thought it was his wife but suddenly felt like a stranger.

----------

Secretary Oh took a file out and passed it to Min Ho. “This is Yoon Suh agasshi’s departure record from Incheon International Airport 2 months ago and her arrival record at France. According to my source, she was seen in Paris 2 weeks ago. There is no any arrival record of her in South Korea yet. I guess she is still in France.”

Min Ho’s hands tightened around the file, the paper’s crinkling sounding like gunshots in the quiet room. His eyes were slightly reddened in anger as a pang of disappointment creep into him. He really thought everything was getting better when she came back. She changed and everyone was so happy with her changes. But all these were just an act, a fake act. And the saddest part was she was not even his wife. He laughed sadly at himself. Everyone said he was a genius, he was smart and capable. They were all wrong. He was an idiot. He was so stupid to be fooled by two women that have the same face. Everything was a mistake. Since the first day he saw that girl in the tangerine farm and fell in love with her that was already a huge mistake.

Looking at Min Ho’s expression, Secretary Oh was very worried. He promised Min Ho’s father to take care of him when he passed away. But it seems that he couldn’t help him much. That expression he was having now was the same when he found out about the affair between Yoon Suh and Jang Geun Suk one year ago.

“Sajang-nim.” The old man broke the silence, looking at Min Ho in concern. “If Yoon Suh-agasshi is really still in France then who is the woman in your house now?”

Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh. “I have no idea. Except for their characters and personalities, the way they dressed are different, they looked exactly the same. I couldn’t even differentiate them. If not because that night when I kissed…” He bit his lip and paused. If not because he felt strange when he kissed her that night, he will not suspect her and will not ask Secretary Oh to check for him. The way she kissed him back so timidly, he knows almost instantly that she is not Yoon Suh. His wife wouldn’t kiss like that. Although she was gentle but she was very initiative when it comes to physical intimacy. She won’t stay still and let him kiss her like the way he did that night. She will response aggressively and will take the lead.

“Do you think it’s Jang Geun Suk who sends her over to you? He might be using her for plotting something behind. His company is facing a big problem without Venus support. He might be using her as bait.” Secretary Oh paused as he looked at him in confusion. “But how come they looked so much alike? I don’t think it’s possible even if she undergo some kind of plastic surgery.”

Min Ho sighed again. “They might look the same but actually they are not. The first day when I saw her, I should have find out that they are two different people. Their gazes are different. Yoon Suh doesn’t dare to look at me like the way she did. The confidence, the strong personalities, the sharp tongue, the smart brain, it’s not something that someone could act and change in a short period of time.” He threw the file on the table as he buries his head into his palms. “I was totally blinded by the fake happiness.”

“Then what should we do now? We don’t even know about her name. It won’t be easy for me to check.” Secretary Oh asked.

Min Ho slowly looked up at him. “There is only one person who can tell me the truth. She wouldn’t be able to run away from it.” He said as his eyes darkened. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“You think it’s not right because you are not Choi Yoon Suh.”

Shin Hye’s eyes widened in shocked as her whole body was stiffened. She felt breathless especially when she was pinned against the door by him like that. His eyes were so intense and his touch on her lips was hurting her like fire. The way he said it was a statement rather than a question. He found out.

Her eyes were wide, her lips were parted slightly and her breath coming in soft pants. “I…”

“You what?” Min Ho asked, looking deep into her eyes.

Shin Hye tried to pull away from his gaze but it was locked there, unable to move. “I… I don’t understand… what you are talking about.”

Min Ho’s jaws clenched together as he moved one of his hand downward.

Shin Hye squirmed when she felt his hand found the edge of her shirt and started to pull it upward. She panicked and struggled. “What are you doing?”

Min Ho grabbed her hands tightly in place as he stopped pulling when her bare and flat abdomen was revealed. He pulled back slightly as his eyes dropped downward. His eyes darkened as he exhaled sharply looking at her abdomen. Another solid proof was shown in front of him again.

Shin Hye gasped when he trailed his fingers softly along her bare skin.

He looked back at her and smirked. “Yoon Suh had a C-section when she gave birth to So Won. There was a faint scar on her abdomen.” He paused as his fingers continued to caress the smooth flesh. “Don’t tell me you go for a laser to remove the scar because I’m going to kill you if you dare to say so. Don’t try to challenge my patience and continue to treat me like an idiot.”

Shin Hye bit her bottom lip, trying hard to calm herself down. She can sense that he was trying to control his own anger too. His face and eyes were reddened in rage. She almost could hear the sound of him gritting his teeth. She slowly looked up at him and held his gaze. “How do you know I’m not her? I don’t remember I show anybody my abdomen in this house.” She chuckled softly. “I thought my acting skill was great all this while.”

At last, she indirectly admitted that she is not Yoon Suh. Min Ho’s eyes slowly dropped down to her lips. He tried to steady his uneven breathing. “I think your lips betrayed you.”

Shin Hye looked at him in confusion.

He quickly averted his gaze, afraid that he will get carry away and couldn’t control himself again. “Yoon Suh doesn’t kiss like that. I guess you need to improve your kissing skill in order to seduce a man. It was not your acting but because of this face you are having that successfully fooled me around.”

He inhaled deeply before looking back at her again. “Yoon Suh is sensitive with violet scent. She will sneeze non-stop if she smells the scent. That was why I don’t have violet in the garden.”

Shin Hye’s brows furrowed together and for the first time she wanted to scold herself stupid. It was impossible to pretend to be another person even if their face looked the same. Nothing is the same in this world. People have different characters and personalities.

“And most importantly…” Min Ho paused as he pulled away from her and took his phone out from his pocket. He opened his email and after a second, he showed the screen to her.

Shin Hye looked at the photo on the phone screen. It was Yoon Suh’s photo that Jong In Sung showed her this morning. 

“She was still in Paris 2 weeks ago.” He off the phone and put it back into his pocket. He lifted her chin up, forcing her to look at him. “Who are you? What is your motive for coming here? Did Jang Geun Suk send you here to get close to me?”

Shin Hye chuckled, staring straight into his eyes. “Motive?” She should be the one who ask what is the motive they lured her here. “In case you forgot, the first time we met outside your house, I already told you we have a misunderstanding. I don’t even know who you are at that time. You were the one who dragged me into the car and brought me here. The next day when I went to see you, I told you very clearly that I’m not her. You were the one who insist that I’m her.”   

Min Ho’s gaze softened slightly when he saw tears started to well in her eyes. He inhaled a deep breath before letting go of her chin. “Then why do you want to pretend to be her after that? Because I’m rich?”

Shin Hye averted her gaze as she bit her lip hard, trying to hold her tears from rolling down. “I stayed here for only one reason. It was So Won who make me stay.” She swallowed hard before she continued. “I felt pity for her and if being her mother for a while could make this little girl happy, why not.” She is not lying. That was the reason she decided to stay at first. But of course the situation was different now. She wanted to stay because of him too.

“You still haven’t answered my question yet. Who are you? You two look so much alike. As what I know, Yoon Suh doesn’t have any siblings.” Min Ho asked.

Shin Hye moved her gaze back at him as her lips parted. “I’m…” Before she could continue, she felt a sharp pain at the side of her abdomen. Her face twisted and turned pale. She bit her bottom lip hard, trying to endure the pain. Damn it. I forgot to take the medicine.

Min Ho saw the change of her expression. “What’s wrong?”

Shin Hye inhaled deeply before meeting his gaze again. “Can we talk tomorrow? Don’t worry. I can assure you that I’m not some kind of spy who sends by Jang Geun Suk. Since I’m here for quite some time and nothing bad happen yet, please just wait for another night. I’ll let you know everything tomorrow.”

“Wae? You need time to create another story to fool me again?” He asked sarcastically.

“If I really want to continue with this lie, I have a lot of stories that I could create instantly. I don’t need one night to do so.” Shin Hye replied curtly.

He pursed his lips as he took a few steps backward, pulling away from her. “I’ll give you until 8am tomorrow. If you don’t be honest to me by then, I can’t guaranty what I’ll do to you. But I’m sure you will regret.” He threatened her dangerously.

Shin Hye held his gaze for a long while before she looked away. Compared to the pain she is having now, his hurtful words felt like knife stabbing into her heart, much more unbearable. She was clenching her hands in fists so hard that her nails bite into her skin. “I’ll let you know everything tomorrow.”

Without looking at him again, she opened the door and stepped out of the room.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye closed her suitcase very quietly as she zipped it together. She let out a deep sigh as she looked at the clock. It was 6am now. Another two hours before the deadline that Min Ho gave her. She stood up and slowly walked towards the bed where So Won was deeply in sleep. She sat on bed very softly not to wake her up and a smile slowly curled up on her lips. She brought her hand up and gently her cheek.

“Such a beautiful princess.” She whispered. She wondered, if she has a daughter, will she look like So Won since she have the same face as Yoon Suh.

She didn’t sleep for the whole night. She just lay down on the bed, looking at So Won. Until now, she still couldn’t understand the reason her sister willing to leave her here alone. If she has such a beautiful daughter, she is willing to give up anything just to stay with her. But the reality was always cruel to her. She was the one who their mother chose to give up; she was the one who being chosen to have this sickness. The only happy moment she has was when her adopted parents chose her in the orphanage home. Being able to become their daughter was the luckiest thing that ever happened to her. She wishes the same for So Won too. She understands how it feels for being thrown away like garbage. But at least she still has a father. She believed Min Ho is a good father.

She leaned down and kissed her forehead softly, lingered there for a while before she pulled away. A tear escaped from her eyes as she inhaled deeply.

“I’m sorry that I couldn’t keep my promise.” She whispered again. But at least she brought her closer to her father now. She knows Min Ho will take care of her and she hope her sister will keep her promise and come back soon.

Shin Hye took one last look at So Won before she stood up of the bed, took her luggage and walked towards the door very lightly.

Standing in front of Min Ho’s room, she tightened her grip on the letters that she was holding and her luggage in her other hand, she knocked the door softly.

“Come in.”

She turned the doorknob opened and stepped into his room.

Min Ho was sitting on the couch and looked up at her when she entered the room. His eyes darkened when he saw the luggage that she was holding.

Shin Hye looked at him with a concern gaze. The dark circle under his eyes was the solid proof that he hadn’t been sleeping the whole night.

He sighed deeply before he glanced at the clock. “You are very early.”

Shin Hye smiled softly. “I’m always very punctual.” She inhaled a deep breath before she put the two letters on the coffee table, in front of him.

Min Ho glanced at the letters before looking up at her. “What is that?”

“The truth you wanted to know.” She replied. “Choi Yoon Suh, your wife sent these 2 letters to me. I received the first one 4 months ago and got the second one on the second day when I came here.” She continued as her eyes met his. “I’m her younger twin sister.”

Min Ho’s eyes widened as he looked at her in disbelief. “But she never tell me that she have a twin sister. Even her mother didn’t mention about it before.”

Shin Hye looked away, not wanting him to see the sadness in her eyes. “I just found out about it too when I received her letter 4 months ago. If she didn’t lie, according to what she wrote in the letter, she said her mother told her about me before she passed away.” She inhaled deeply before she continued. “She said her mother didn’t have the ability to take care of two babies because she was too young at that time. She has no choice but to choose one between us.” She paused as she smiled sadly. “I guess I was the unlucky one that she left me at the orphanage home.”

A sharp pang of pain hit Min Ho’s chest as he stood up, looking straight at her. “What is your name?” His voice softened.

“Shin Hye, Park Shin Hye.” She looked at him. “At least that was the name Sister The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter