Thorns

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 months ago…

 

“He is definitely trying to play games with me. I swear to god I will not let him go. I will sue him until the whole KST Corporation become broke.”

Park Shin Hye looked at her boss with her arms crossed; her face was hard and she was totally annoyed by him.

Kim sajang turned to her with an angry gaze. “Have you read through the contract we signed with them? What can we do with that?”

Shin Hye sighed heavily as she opened the file in her hand before looking at her boss. “According to our contract with them, we are their sole supplier for all the raw materials that they needed to manufacture the packaging for their customers. If our pricing go above the market price or our materials are out of quality standard or we didn’t meet their delivery time, then they have all the rights to cancel the contract with us.” Shin Hye looked down at the contract again and continued. “Another important clause in the contract is in case their main customers stop their business with them, they have the right to end the collaboration with us too.”

Shin Hye closed the file and leaned against the couch with her hands crossed. “Did they breach any of the above clauses? Or did we follow everything that was stated in the contract?” She asked boldly.

Kim sajang tilted his head to the side. “Everybody in this industry knows that we only sell high grade materials. Our price is always controlled and it’s definitely not above the market price. We deliver to them according to all the requested timeline. I don’t think the problem is with our side. I heard they have a big problem with their biggest customer, Venus Corporation. They cancelled all the orders they made with KST Corporation.” He widened his eyes, looking nervous. “Which mean if they lose Venus Corporation, they have the right to end the contract with us? We can’t do anything?”

Without answering his question, Shin Hye took the file and stood up of the couch. “Make an appointment with KST Corporation and I want to see them today in 1 hour time.” She stared at Kim sajang who looking at her with an expectant gaze. “I don’t want to meet the GM because most of them couldn’t make any decision. I want to see the boss.”

“Okay. I’ll call him right away.” Kim sajang said with a satisfying smile. He always knows that Shin Hye could settle whatever problem that was bothering him. That was why no matter how expensive she is, he will make sure to keep her in his company.

Shin Hye stepped out of her boss room and marched back to her office. Her secretary, Jeon Soon Jin followed behind her when she saw Shin Hye walking into her room.

“Cancel all the appointments I have later and try to slot it in tomorrow or day after. I have to rush to KST Corporation now.” Shin Hye gave her instruction.

“But how about your appointment with the doctor? You supposed to take your report today at 4pm.” Jeon Soon Jin asked.

Shin Hye heaved a sigh before she glared at her secretary. “Didn’t you hear what I said just now? Postpone it.”

Jeon Soon Jin looked down as she bit her lip in fear. “B-But Doctor Song wouldn’t be free this week except for today.” She stuttered.

Shin Hye inhaled deeply, trying hard to control her temper. “Jeon Soon Jin-sshi, there is always next week if he is not free this week. Can you be smarter and don’t make me angry all the time? You are killing a lot of my brain cells.”

“I-I’m sorry. I’ll call them and re-arrange.” Jeon Soon Jin replied.

“Thank you so much.” Shin Hye said sarcastically as she shook her head.

 

----------

 

“Hi, I’m Park Shin Hye, lawyer from Chevron Corporation. I have an appointment with Jang sajang-nim.” Shin Hye said to the secretary with a slight smile when she was directed to the CEO’s room of KST Corporation.

The girl smiled politely at her before she stood up from her place. “Jang sajang is waiting for you inside. Please follow me.”        

Shin Hye saw a man at his late twenties sitting at the huge study table when she entered the room. It was a surprise to her because she didn’t know that the CEO of KST is so young. He is just around her age or maybe slightly older. He is good looking but she can clearly see the crease that formed on his forehead. He looked troubled.

She slowly walked towards the table and when the man looked up at her, she nodded her head politely. She reached her hand up at him and smiled. “Hi, you must be Jang sajang. I’m Park Shin Hye from Chevron. I guess Kim sajang has already called you and inform you about our meeting. I’m a lawyer representing Chevron to discuss about the contract matters with you.”

Jang Geun Suk’s eyes were widened in shock as he slowly stood up of his chair. There was a long awkward silence between them before Shin Hye speak again. “Jang sajang, are you okay?”

Shin Hye’s voice shook Geun Suk off from his deep thoughts. He quickly took Shin Hye’s hand and shook it softly. “Yes. Kim sajang called me just now.” He smiled awkwardly. He then looked at Shin Hye with a weird gaze that makes her feel very uneasy. Geun Suk sensed her discomfort and averted his gaze as he cleared his throat. “Hmmm… please have a seat. Do you need any drinks?”

“It’s okay. I won’t be here for long.” Shin Hye said as she sat down in front of Geun Suk. When she looked at him, his eyes were locked at her again. That stares from him were sending shivers all over her body. She felt extremely uneasy. She looked down at her clothes and then up at him again. “Is my face dirty or something?”

Geun Suk was lost for a while before he understands what she was saying. He rubbed his nape embarrassedly. “I’m very sorry. You look so much like one of my friend. I was a bit surprised by the resemblance.”

Shin Hye forced out a slight smile. She wasn’t interested to ask further because she thought that was a very lame excuse to flirt with a girl. Without wanting to waste any more time with him, she took the contract out from her bag and looked back at Geun Suk.

“Jang sajang, I’m very sure you already know what is the main reason I came here today. We received a call from your GM this morning telling us that KST Corporation would like to end the contract with us. Which mean, KST would like Chevron to stop supplying raw materials started next month.”

Geun Suk who was still looking at Shin Hye mindlessly got back to his senses when he heard Shin Hye’s voice again. “Hmmm… yes. We will have to cancel all the orders starting next month. If you read the contract properly, we have the right to do so if our biggest customers stop their orders with us. As you know, our company manufactured all kind of packaging for Venus Corporation’s products. They suddenly breach their contract and stopped all their orders with us. We are in the midst of dealing the legal matters with them now. So in the meantime, we have no choice but to stop the orders from Chevron too.”

Shin Hye smiled. “I’m not sure how your lawyer advises you on the contract matters but please look at page 4, article 3, and clause 3.1.1. If the main customers ended their business with KST Corporation, you have the right to end the collaboration with Chevron too. But please take a closer look on the sentence. It was started ‘main customers’. It’s with an ‘s’ and it means if more than one main customer. Moreover, it doesn’t state in the contract that it was Venus Corporation.” She looked straight at him. “As what Jang sajang said just now, you only have problem with Venus Corporation. I’m afraid that it doesn’t sound convincing for you to end the contract with us just because Venus stop their orders. If Chevron brings this contract to the court, I have confident that KST have to bear the responsibility for breaching the contract.”

Geun Suk narrowed his eyes at her and heaved a sigh. “You are right that Venus is not the only main customer we are having but they are the biggest we have. They were the only customer who insists us to use Chevron raw materials that was so much expensive than other supplier. We have no choice in the past because Venus insisted to use the materials from Chevron. I don’t see any reason we need to buy the materials from Chevron anymore if we lose Venus.”

Shin Hye smiled again. “I’m a lawyer. I don’t know anything about business. My job is to protect my company’s interest and make sure everything was work according to the agreement. As in the contract with KST, it was clearly stated that as long as our pricing didn’t go above the market price, we are still binding the contract. You may temporary stop getting supply from us until you finish dealing with Venus but for all the orders that you have placed earlier, you have to fulfil it or else, we have no choice but to issue a breach of contract demand letter for you.” She said firmly. She put the copy of contract in front of Geun Suk before she stood up. “Talk to your lawyer and ask him to re-read the whole contract again before you act. I’m very sure KST would not want to deal with Venus and Chevron at the same time. My name card is attached inside the file. Ask your lawyer to contract my secretary if he needs help in the contract.” She bowed at him with a slight smile. “Nice meeting you, Jang sajang. I should be going off now. Thank you so much for your precious time.”

Shin Hye turned around and just before she could open the door to go out, Geun Suk called her from behind. She slowly turned to him again.

“Park Shin Hye-sshi.” Geun Suk paused and looked hesitated. “May I know, do you have any sister or…” Geun Suk asked.

Shin Hye raised her eyes brows in confusion. She then smiled at him. “I think I have the right to refuse answering something so personal. Goodbye.” She said and without waiting for him to protest, Shin Hye opened the door and stepped out of his room.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Why do you still want to come back after you ran away with Jang Geun Suk?” Lee Min Ho asked with a painful tone as he looked down.

“Jang Geun Suk?” Shin Hye whispered. She averted her gaze as her mind started to remember the meeting with him 3 months ago. He was the CEO of KST Corporation. Her eyes slowly widened when something popped in her head. Min Ho was the CEO of Venus Corporation, KST biggest customer that stopped all the orders from them. She slowly put the puzzle together as her mind replayed the conversation between her and Jang Geun Suk that day.

“Did he ask you to come back to me so that I will let him and his company go?” Min Ho asked again as he chuckled. “I was waiting for you to beg me since you came back. But I was quite surprised that you still haven’t mention anything about it yet until now.” He turned to Shin Hye and held her gaze. “Did you come back willingly because you want to help him or he was the one who force you come back to me to help him?”

Shin Hye slightly parted her lips but unable to say anything. Her mind was clouded with a lot of questions now. “I… I…”

Min Ho smiled sadly. “How pathetic. After what you have done with him, my heart still felt happy when I saw how you care for So Won and how much you have changed in the past 2 weeks. Although I know everything of this is just a fake act and you did it just because of him but then, I still hope all this is real.” He looked deep into her eyes. “If I…” He paused as his gaze was full with hopes. “If I’m willing to forgive and forget everything in the past, do you think we could continue like how we are now?”

Shin Hye bit her lip as her heart was pounding so fast that makes her breathing become uneven. “Like how?” She asked softly. She squirmed when Min Ho held her hand in his and looking at her intensely.

“Like how you take care of So Won at home now and I’ll try to spend more time with both of you. I’ll try to be a good father, be a good… husband. We can work this out if we try. We still can have our future together.” Min Ho said in a pleading tone, looking at her expectantly.

After locking their eyes at each other for a long moment, Shin Hye finally pulled her hand away from him. She has to put a stop before she got carry away by him. “Can we not talk about all this now? So Won is still in the surgery and I just want her to be okay at this moment. I don’t want to think about any other things except her.” She tried to stop the topic that makes her heartbeat raced.

Min Ho slowly straightened himself up and looked at the front mindlessly. He silently laughed at himself inside. He was just ‘any other things’ to her. It must be the worries inside of him that makes him act emotionally tonight. Since the day he found out about the painful truth, his heart should be dead already. In fact, he doesn’t feel any sadness but only rage when she ran away 1 month ago. But since she came back, he doesn’t understand what has got into him. The feeling that he felt for her long time ago has suddenly resurface again. The way she looked, the way she acted, the way she smelled, the way she looked at him, everything about her has suddenly become so different or he should say she has finally turned back to the person he used to loved. But it seems that he has also forgotten that everything she was doing now has nothing to do with him. She was doing it for the man she loves and the man is definitely not him.   

Shin Hye saw the pain in his eyes again. Although she only knew him for a very short period of time, but he was a very arrogant man that he would not bring down his pride to say something like he did just now. He must really love her sister and it must hurt him very badly when her sister run away with another man.

A sudden anger creep up into Shin Hye’s nerves. Yoon Suh didn’t mention anything about running away with other man in her letter. She just said she needed some time to think about her broken relationship with Min Ho. No wonder she said she was no longer in love with Min Ho. The real reason was because she has fallen for another man. There are too many questions that she wasn’t understand. What is the main reason for Yoon Suh to send her a letter, lured her to Min Ho and asked for her help. She sighed.

She slowly turned back to Min Ho again and her heart felt a pang when she saw his face was hardened. It was obvious that he is trying to control his emotion inside. She knows that she have to stop complicating the situation now but she just couldn’t stop herself from feeling sorry for this man.

“Nobody will know what is going to happen in the future.” Shin Hye broke the silence. She rubbed her fingers as she looked down at it mindlessly. “Future is a very long time for me. I don’t want to think about that long and waste my precious time to think about something that we might not even be able to reach.” She lifted her head up and looked at Min Ho who was now staring at her too. She smiled softly at him. “I agreed with you that we should continue with what we are doing now. I’ll take care of So Won when you are not at home. You come back earlier every night; spend some quality time with your daughter. Weekend is meant for rest day. You shouldn’t be working because I’m sure So Won would like to have more family day together.”

Min Ho narrowed his gaze at her. “What is that supposed to mean? Is that mean you are not going to leave us again?” Hope started to build inside of him again.

Shin Hye shook her head. “I told you I don’t want to think for so long and I just want to think about So Won now. As her father, you have the responsibility to bring her happiness too.”

Min Ho’s brows creased. He smirked.

Shin Hye glared at him. “I hate it when you smirk like that.”

Min Ho cleared his throat and looked away. “I don’t care what you like and don’t like.”

Shin Hye grinned. “Seriously, I felt more comfortable with your coldness rather than your sentimental.”

“Yah!” Min Ho raised his voice and glared at her.

Shin Hye chuckled. “We can actually get along quite well if we could turn our fight

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter