Saranghaeyo

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: It’s Alright, It’s Love by Davichi (credit to owner)

 

2 months later…

 

From: Min Ho

Baby, what are you doing? I miss you so damn much. Can you come home? :(

 

Park Shin Hye laughed heartily reading the message and looking at Min Ho’s selfie photo that he sent to her. This man is really killing her softly with all his cheesy cuteness. He used to be so cold and arrogant but he was now completely different after being with her. Sometimes she felt very proud of herself for being able to tame and change this man.

 

From: Shin Hye

You just left 2 hours ago and you already miss me that much? I’ll be back tomorrow and you know that. Stop crying like a child. I miss you too.

 

From: Min Ho

I can’t sleep without you here. Do you think Se Yeon will be angry if I come to fetch you home now?

 

From: Shin Hye

Stop being ridiculous and sleep now. You have a very important meeting tomorrow and we have food tasting at the hotel tomorrow night, remember? We can’t be late.

 

From: Min Ho

How can I forget that? I just don’t understand why we need to wait for another 3 weeks. All the wedding preparations are killing me. Can’t we just get married tomorrow?

 

From: Shin Hye

Pabo-yah. There are still a lot of things to prepare. Moreover, Yoon Suh just delivered little Ji Hoon last month. It’s too young for a baby to travel.

 

From: Min Ho

Aishhh… I don’t understand why you invited my ex-wife to our wedding. This is ridiculous and embarrassing.

 

From: Shin Hye

Wae? Are you jealous that she comes back with your best friend’s son? Perhaps… you still have feelings for my… your ex-wife?

 

From: Min Ho

YAH! I’m not jealous, not even a tiny bit. I’m just worried that you are not comfortable about all this. You know there will be a lot of people and a lot of media that will be there on our wedding day. People might talk around. I don’t care what they say or how other people feel. I just don’t want any of those things hurt your feeling.

 

From: Shin Hye

Do you think those unnecessary gossips can still influence me now? I don’t care about others too. I just hope all the people who loves us can be there on our special day. Yoon Suh is my sister. Besides my father, she is the only family I have in this world. Although it’s kind of weird for her to be there but both of us have found our own happiness now. I hope she can be there with me.

 

From: Min Ho

I know. I was just joking. Geun Suk already booked their flight tickets and they will be back one day before the wedding. You will be surrounded by all the people who love you on that day and be the witness for our happiness. Oh god, I couldn’t believe we finally get our happily ever after.

 

From: Shin Hye

Not yet. Have you forgotten about the check-up next week? I will need to do a CT scan in the next check-up. We still don’t know how’s the condition yet.

 

From: Min Ho

No worries. You will be fine. Everything was alright for the past 2 months. It will be good news for next week. I’m positive.

 

From: Shin Hye

You are overconfident and overoptimistic.

 

From: Min Ho

I have confident in you.

 

Shin Hye heaved a deep sigh looking at the phone’s screen. She wanted to think positive like him too but it was not so easy. Something told her that the calmness now will lead to a storm later. The more happiness she is having now, the more fear she have too. 

After looking at the phone mindlessly for a long second, she turned to her right side when she felt someone staring at her.

“Oh great. You finally notice that I’m here.” Jin Se Yeon said as she leaned against the headboard with her arms crossed, smiling sarcastically at her best friend.

Shin Hye smiled sheepishly at her before she took her phone and took a selfie photo of herself.

“Chamna. Are you still a teenager?” Jin Se Yeon sneered.

Shin Hye sighed. “If I don’t send him a photo, he won’t stop spamming me with texts.” She replied before she started to type a message to Min Ho.

 

From: Shin Hye

Okay. I have to stop now before Se Yeon kicks my . She is staring at me with her murderous gaze. Be good boy and sleep now, okay. I’ll see you tomorrow night. Good night oppa. I miss you.

 

From: Min Ho

Damn. Do you want to kill me with that photo of yours? I regret now for letting you staying a night at Se Yeon’s house. No next time. Good night baby. I love you.

 

“Oh god, what is wrong with this man? He is completely crazy for you. What have you done to him? You should teach me how to do it so In Sung oppa can love me more.” Se Yeon said as her eyes were still looking at Shin Hye’s phone.

Shin Hye laughed softly. “In Sung sunbae love you a lot too. He proposed to you last year but you rejected him. He was almost crying in front of me.”

“Tsssk…” Se Yeon sneered again as she took Shin Hye’s hand up and played with her engagement ring. “I’ll say yes instantly if he can give me a diamond ring as big as this one.” She sighed. “Lee Min Ho must be really rich. This diamond is almost the size of my eyeball.”

Shin Hye hit Se Yeon’s hand playfully. “You are exaggerating. Stop joking. I still don’t understand why you rejected him. Both of you have already been together for 7 years. I think it’s time to settle down.”

Se Yeon turned to the bedside table and dimmed the lamp. She pulled the comforter up as she slowly lies down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. “Marriage is not as simple as that. I’m very happy and comfortable with what we are having now. I don’t want to change anything.”

Shin Hye looked at her best friend for a while before she pulled herself down too and lie beside her. “You don’t want to start a family with him?”

Se Yeon turned herself to Shin Hye and looked at her. “I’m scared of the word family. I don’t have a family. I don’t know how it feels to have a family. I just know that you are my family, Sister Theresa and the other children in the orphanage home are my family. I don’t have confident that I could give enough to what In Sung oppa wanted from me.”

Shin Hye sighed softly. She brought her hand to Se Yeon’s face and caressed it softly. “You shouldn’t think like this. I know what you are worried about. You are worried that you couldn’t give your future husband and children a complete home. You don’t want them to be like you. But you have to understand that In Sung oppa is different. He loves you so much that he will give everything to the home he wanted to build with you.” She smiled bitterly at her. “You should be grateful that both of you still have a long way ahead. Tomorrow is unpredictable. You have to cherish every moment before it’s too late.”

Se Yeon took her hand and squeezed it softly. “You and Min Ho oppa have a long way ahead too. After all the hardships both of you have gone through, you will surely get your happily ever after. You will be alright, both of you will be alright.”

Shin Hye bit her lower lip as her eyes started to redden. She used to be very strong in front of her best friend because Se Yeon was always the weaker one. She needs to stay strong and protect her. She seldom cries in front of her but now, she has become the weaker one. Ever since Min Ho came into her life, she has become a cry baby.

“How can you be so positive that we will be alright? I don’t even have the confident in myself.” Shin Hye said bitterly.

“Fate brought both of you back together after so many obstacles. HE won’t be so cruel to both of you.” Se Yeon took her hand and caressed her diamond ring before looking back at her. “The man who gave you this, who vowed that he will love you and take care of you forever, you should at least have confident in him. He convinced your father and got his blessing, he almost gives up everything just to divorce your sister to be with you. A man like him worth your every single strength to fight harder for him.   

Shin Hye’s lips slowly curled into a soft smile. “How come I didn’t realize my friend has grown up so much?” She squeezed her hand softly. “Although there are a lot of fear in my heart but at least I dare to take a step forward and to start a family with him. You should give In Sung sunbae a chance too. Let him prove to you that he can give you a family that you didn’t have before. He is also a man who worth your courage to fight harder for him.”

Se Yeon smiled at her. “I know. I will let the second time to end with a yes.”

Shin Hye laughed softly. “Good. I think it’s time for me to give sunbae a hint that he can try again.”

Se Yeon laughed too as she inched forward and rested her head on Shin Hye’s shoulder, cuddling closely to her. “How long have it been? I missed the time when we sleep in the same bed, cuddling together like this. It feels like just happened yesterday.”

Shin Hye smiled as she patted her arm softly. “Hmmm… we used to stay close like this, telling each other our little secret before we sleep every night.”

“I was so lonely when your father adopted you. But I was so happy for you at the same time. Your adopted parents were so kind to me. They know we are very close and they will bring me to Jeju Island every year during Christmas to spend time with you.” Memories of them playing in the farm replayed in her mind as she leaned closer to her best friend.

“I’m sorry that I left you alone in the orphanage home. I was so selfish.” Shin Hye said apologetically.

Se Yeon pulled back slightly and looked at her. “No. You are not. A real friend will not envy or jealous. I will only be happy for you and give you my blessing.”

Shin Hye’s tears rolled down slowly as she nodded.

“Yah, Park Shin Hye. What’s wrong with you? Stop crying. Your husband is going to kill me if he saw your eyes swollen tomorrow.” Se Yeon said as she wiped Shin Hye’s tears away. “Let’s not talk sentimental topic anymore. Hmmm…” She paused before looking at Shin Hye seriously. “Tell me about your first night.”

Shin Hye’s tears stopped almost instantly as she widened her eyes. Her face was covered with blush now. “Y-Yah, Jin Se Yeon. What kind of topic is that?”

“Don’t try to avoid my question. I told you my first night with In Sung oppa last time. You have to be fair to me. Tell me, tell me. How was it? Did you use the … hmmm…” Se Yeon’s sentence was cut off when Shin Hye covered with her hand.

“Yah, Jin Se Yeon. I can’t believe you just say that word out loud like that. This is so… embarrassing.” Shin Hye bit her lip with her face burning now.

Se Yeon removed her hand and chuckled. “Yah, what’s there to be embarrassed of? We are adults and ual activity is normal when two people are in love with each other. It will only bring both of you closer together.” She then narrowed her eyes at Shin Hye. “Wae? Min Ho oppa have problem in that area?”

Shin Hye hit her arm real hard this time and glared at her. “Yah! He is very normal and healthy, okay.”

Se Yeon laughed loudly. “Then tell me how healthy he was.” She moved closer and smiled naughtily. “Was it painful?”

Shin Hye looked down as she nodded softly. “Very painful.” She whispered.

“Ohh… I didn’t know that Min Ho oppa is so rough.” Se Yeon said.

Shin Hye looked back at her and shook her head. “No. He was very gentle.”

Se Yeon widened her eyes and grinned widely. “Then his size must be very…”

“YAH!!!” Shin Hye shouted.

Se Yeon laughed so loudly that the bed was shaking. “Okay, okay. Ignore the size. Tell me how many condoms did he use that night.”

Shin Hye let out an exaggerated sigh as her face was in deep red now. “Can we just sleep and stop talking.” She said as she turned her body to the other side, facing Se Yeon with her back.

“Yah, Park Shin Hye. You better tell me before I call your husband and ask him myself.” Se Yeon threatened her.

Shin Hye turned her head and glared at her. “Are you crazy?”

“I am.” Se Yeon smirked.

Shin Hye sighed again. “Whole box, okay. Satisfied with the answer? Can I sleep now?”

“Oh my god.” Se Yeon’s eyes grew bigger and bigger. “Min Ho oppa is an animal. My poor Shin Hye. No wonder you were painful. You must have…”

Just like that, Shin Hye and Se Yeon spent their girls’ night like how they used to be during their childhood time. There were laughter, screams and cries throughout the night before both of them dozed off to their slumberland.

 

A strong wave of pain hit Shin Hye’s abdomen and woke her up in the middle of the night. Her forehead had beads of sweat forming along the hairline, her toes curled as her hand pressing onto the side of her abdomen. The pain was so strong that she has to bit her lip hard to hold her scream. She slowly turned to the side and Se Yeon was in a deep sleep.

She inhaled deeply before she pulled herself up and slowly walked to the bathroom. Once she entered the bathroom and closed the door, she immediately leaned her back against the wall, breathing in and out. Her hand was pressing her abdomen hardly but the pain just wouldn’t go away. She slowly leaned down and was now squatted on the floor. The pain was unbearable and this was the first time she felt the pain after so many months. Her heart started to race as a bad feeling slowly creep inside.

Shin Hye clenched her hands tightly in fists, trying to stop herself from trembling. She wasn’t sure her body was shaking because of the pain or the fear. She stayed there for a long while before she felt the pain slowly subside. She stood up and looked at herself through the mirror. Her face was ghostly pale and tears slowly roll down her cheeks. She was right. The storm is coming back again.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Oh god, I’m so dead.” Min Ho cursed as he threw the files on the table and took his coat and car key. He glanced at his watch and it was already 7pm. The meeting was held longer than expected. He was supposed to have the food tasting with Shin Hye at 6pm but he was still in his office now at this hour.

He quickly took his phone out to call Shin Hye as he ran towards the elevator.

Shin Hye: Yoboseyo.

Min Ho: I’m sorry. I’ll be slightly late. The meeting just ended and I’m still in the office. I’ll rush over to Se Yeon’s house now.

Shin Hye (laughed softly): Take a deep breath oppa. You don’t need to rush. I’m not at Se Yeon’s house now. I’m already at Grand Hyatt Seoul Hotel.

Min Ho (sighed): I’m very sorry. I’ll rush there now. Give me 15 minutes.

Shin Hye: Take your time. The traffic will be very bad at this hour. Don’t worry. I’ll wait for you. Don’t rush and drive carefully, arasso?

Min Ho (smiled): Arasso. See you there later.

Shin Hye: Okay. See you.

Min Ho ended the call before he inhaled a deep breath and stepped into the elevator. He quickly rushed to the car park basement to take his car.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

From: Shin Hye

Go to the reception and get a box from them. They will tell you where to find me.

 

Min Ho’s brows creased in confusion as he walked towards the reception and smiled politely at the receptionist there.

“I’m Lee Min Ho. My fiancée told me to…”

“Your fiancée, Park Shin Hye-sshi, right.” The receptionist cut him off as she took a huge box out from the counter. “Park Shin Hye-sshi asked you to bring this and looked for her at the outdoor ice skating rink.”

Min Ho raised his brows. “Ice skating rink?”

“Yes.” The receptionist replied with a smile.

Min Ho nodded at her as he quickly made his way to the ice skating rink outside. He was totally clueless with what was happening now. When he reached the ice rink, it was dark and no one was there. If he was not mistaken, Grand Hyatt Seoul Ice Skating Rink operating period will only start early December but it was only end of November now.

He took his phone out again but before he could dial her number, another message received.

 

From: Shin Hye

Open the box and put on the ice skating shoe if you want to see me soon.

 

Min Ho tilted his head looking at the message. He opened the box and saw a pair of ice skating shoe inside. She was trying to surprise him with something he guessed. He followed her instruction and sat down on the bench nearby to put the shoe on. Right after he was done, another message received again.

 

From: Shin Hye

Good boy. Now go into the ice skating rink and wait for your next surprise.

 

Min Ho chuckled as he stood up and looked around. He still couldn’t see where Shin Hye was hiding. He gave up and carefully walked towards the skating rink. He stepped onto the ice and slowly glided to the middle of the rink. It was so dark as he took his phone out to check but no message this time. He looked up and turned around.

“Yah, Park Shin Hye. I’m here now. What you want to do next? I thought you said there is a surprise and I’m now…” He shouted but then stopped at mid-sentence when the whole ice rink was now brightened up by the warm and beautiful orange lights on the tree surrounding the whole ice rink. Purple spotlights were pointed directly at the ice rink from the hotel building and it makes the whole environment looked even more beautiful. This was not the first time he came here but this was definitely the first time he was standing in the ice rink alone at night like this.

Before Min Ho could react, a soft and sweet melody was heard through the speaker and then he saw some kids were walking forward and were now standing outside the ice rink. They were all wearing white dresses with furry white winter jacket, holding a pink colour heart-shaped balloon in their hand. They were all around So Won age and smiling sweetly at him. He found himself smiling like an idiot looking at the beautiful scene in front of him. All the beautiful little girls looked like angels standing there.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

Do you see my heart? Why is it love?
I was never gonna fall in love again
But I’m such a fool

 

Why am I happy? I think of your face
Only stay by my side, forever you

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

All little girls started to step into the ice rink and glided around Min Ho. He s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter