Promise

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: Person, Love by Lena Park & Kim Bum Soo (credit to owner)

 

Lee Min Ho groaned as his head throbbed painfully when the intrusion of the morning light wake him up. With his hand massaging his temple, he slowly pulled himself up and leaned against the headboard. He was sure that he hadn’t had such a bad hangover for a long time. He opened his eyes in an instant when his mind slowly recalled what happened last night. He pulled the comforter that covered himself and his eyes were widened looking at his body. He looked at the other side of the bed and found it empty. His first reaction was leaning over to the bedside table and opened the drawer.

“Damn it.” He cursed when he saw a box of untouched condoms. He quickly jumped off of the bed and rushed to the bathroom to clean himself.

 

“Good morning, doryeonnim.” The maid bowed at Min Ho politely when he came down from his room.

Min Ho scanned around the house before looking back at her. “Ahjuhmah, where is Shin Hye?” he asked impatiently.

“Shin Hye agasshi and So Won agasshi went out early in the morning. I asked her where they are going but she just said she want to bring So Won agasshi out. She said she already told you.” Ahjuhma replied.

“Told me?” Min Ho asked in confusion. He was dead drunk last night and by the time he woke up just now, she was already gone. He checked around the room and she didn’t leave any notes or messages in his phone for him. Something was not right. She might be angry with him for what he did last night. Although he couldn’t remember every single detail but he was sure he wasn’t gentle to her. And he didn’t use any protection. He felt like punching himself in the face now for acting like a jerk. No matter how angry and sad he was, he shouldn’t treat her like that. She was still sick.

“Is the driver back? I need to ask him where he sent them to.” Min Ho turned back to ahjuhma and asked again.

“Agasshi didn’t let the driver to send her. She took the taxi with So Won agasshi.” The maid replied.

“What?! They took a taxi?” Min Ho raised his voice and without waiting for the maid to say anything, he quickly ran upstairs again, rushed to his room and checked the walk-in closet. He let out a relief sigh when he saw Shin Hye’s clothes were still there. He then walked to the table and took his phone. He tried to call Shin Hye’s number but she didn’t pick up. He guessed she must still be angry with him. He started to worry now. Did she take her medicine before she goes out? How if the pain suddenly attacks her again when she is outside? So Won will not know what to do if she was in pain or fainted. The more he thinks about it, the more anxious he becomes. He looked at his phone for a second before he started to type a message.

 

From: Min Ho

Where are you? I’m sorry for yesterday… for… everything. Please come back. We can talk about it again, okay? Don’t run away from me. I’m worried… please come back or at least call me back.

 

Min Ho bit his fingernail nervously while waiting for Shin Hye’s reply. He almost drops the phone when it beeped after a long minute.

 

From: Shin Hye

I’m alright. I just need to be alone with So Won. I’ll see you tonight.

 

“Aishhh…” Min Ho threw his phone on the table and heaved a deep sigh. “This woman is driving me crazy.” He tried to take a steady breath as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

He knows he couldn’t just sit here and wait until she comes back tonight, so he took his phone again and make a call.

In Sung: Yoboseyo

Min Ho: Did Shin Hye call you?

In Sung: Last night, yes. Wae?

Min Ho: What did she say? She went out bringing So Won with her before I woke up this morning. I called her but she didn’t pick up and refused to tell me where she is.

In Sung: She called last night to look for Se Yeon. They chatted for a while. Don’t worry. I think she just need a break and have some time to be alone.

Min Ho: How can I not worry? She just discharged yesterday.

In Sung (chuckled): You did remember that she discharged yesterday huh? Then why did you leave her at the hospital waiting for you? She almost cried knowing that you were not coming.

Min Ho (sighed): I was too worried and… angry. I was out of my mind. (silent)… and I did something stupid last night.

In Sung: What did you do?

Min Ho (silent): … Can you help me to call her?

In Sung (sighed): Okay. I’ll try but I can tell you if she doesn’t want anybody to find her, nobody could do anything.

Min Ho sighed heavily after he ended the call. He walked towards the bed and seated himself down. He buried his face into his palms. He let out another deep sigh when he heard the door open. “I’m not hungry. I don’t need breakfast.” He said.

“I’m not here to ask you for breakfast.”

Min Ho looked up instantly with a hopeful gaze when he heard the familiar voice. “Shin…” But his face immediately hardened when he saw the person standing in front of him. She looked and sounded like the woman he wanted to see but she was not her.

Yoon Suh chuckled as she crossed her arms, looking at her ex-husband. “Do you know it still hurt when you give me that disappointed and disgusted gaze? I still don’t understand. Shin Hye and I looked exactly the same. How can you love her so much but don’t feel anything for me?”

“What are you doing here? You should stay at home to take care of your husband and your new born baby. You shouldn’t barge into your ex-husband’s room early in the morning asking him some weird questions.” Min Ho said with a deep sigh.

The smile on Yoon Suh’s face grew wider looking at his expression. “You sounded like a jealous ex-husband.”

Min Ho glared at her. “You are supposed to come back here to help me and convince your sister, my fiancée to change her mind and do the surgery. But what have you do? She was still unconvinced and worse, she ran away with your daughter early in the morning.”

Yoon Suh nodded. “I guess the owner of this house is still giving a lot of stress to the lady owner. How come all your wives always choose to run away from you?” She further.

Min Ho inhaled a deep breath before looking at her. “I don’t appreciate your sarcasm especially at the moment like this. Just tell me what you want. I need to look for my run-away wife-to-be.”

Yoon Suh laughed softly before she walked towards him and passed him a card. “I’m here for this.”

Min Ho took the card and he raised his brows. “Ji Hoon’s baptism invitation? Tonight? But you just came back yesterday. What is the rush? Geun Suk didn’t mention about it last night.”

“He said you were dead drunk and he doesn’t even have the chance to tell you. I already gave this to Shin Hye and she confirmed that she will be there tonight.” She sighed softly, looking at Min Ho. “Since there were so many unhappy events lately, I guess a small happy ceremony like this could cheer her up a little. I don’t think she run away from you. She might just go out to get a present for baby Ji Hoon. You will see her in the church tonight.”

Min Ho glanced at Yoon Suh before he looked down at the card again. Maybe she was right. They really need some happy blessing ceremony like this to make them forget about the problem for a while. Shin Hye love baby and maybe it will be easier for him to talk to her when she saw little Ji Hoon tonight.

“I’ll be there.” Min Ho replied without looking at her.

“Good. I’ll get Geun Suk oppa to pick you up at 6pm later.” Yoon Suh said.

Min Ho looked up at her. “I can go there myself.”

“I know but I just want to make sure you will be there on time and you are not underdressed.” Yoon Suh grinned at him.

Min Ho chuckled. “What underdressed? I’m not the father of the baby. Who really care what I wear?”

“But you are the godfather. I want to make sure the ceremony look good and you must be there looking dashing.” Yoon Suh smiled.

Min Ho creased his brows. “When did I agree to be your son’s godfather?” He sighed. “Yoon Suh-ah, do you know that we had this awkward relationship and you are making it worse by asking me to be Ji Hoon’s godfather? We were once married, we are divorced now, you married my best friend and I was now engaged with your sister.”

“So what? My sister is Ji Hoon’s godmother and I think it will only be right for you to be his godfather too.” She smiled again. “Just make sure you wait for Geun Suk oppa tonight.”

Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh before he nodded. He doesn’t want to waste his energy to fight with her.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho looked down at himself before he scanned at Geun Suk from top to toe. He exhaled sharply. He was wearing a blue suits with a bow tie. His best friend said if he didn’t wear this, Yoon Suh will kill him. But he doesn’t understand why he has to wear like this for a baptism ceremony. “What is wrong with your wife? She said she doesn’t want me to underdress but I’m obviously overdressed now. Why should I wear a bow tie for an infant baptism ceremony? This is ridiculous. You are the father to the baby, not me. Why am I wearing like this?”

Geun Suk laughed silently before he turned to the door when it opened. In Sung and Seung Heon came in to the waiting room together.

Min Ho’s eyes slightly widened looking at the two men who was also wearing very formally. “W-What are you two doing here?” He asked in confusion.

In Sung smiled widely at him. “We were invited.”

Seung Heon nodded with a smile too.

Min Ho turned to Geun Suk. “You know In Sung and Seung Heon?”

Geun Suk shook his head. “This is actually the first time I meet them.” He said before he moved forward and lifted his hand up to them. “Annyeonghaseyo, Jang Geun Suk imnida.”

Min Ho becomes more and more confused, looking at them greeting at each other. “If you don’t know them then why did you invited them to your son’s baptism ceremony?”

Geun Suk turned back to his best friend. “What’s the problem? The more the merrier, right. The more people come, the more blessing my son will get.”

Seung Heon who was standing at the side smirked. “I think it’s about time to go out now. The priest is already waiting outside.”

Min Ho held In Sung’s arm before he manage to walk out of the room. “Where is Shin Hye? I’ve been calling her the whole day but she didn’t answer. Is she here yet?”

In Sung flashed him a smile and patted his arm. “She is here. You will see her very soon.”

“But…”

“No but buddy. We need to go now.” Geun Suk cut him off as he pushed him out of the room.

 

When Min Ho entered the church from behind, In Sung pulled him over to stand at the side of the chancel as he stood behind him. He looked around the church and he only saw Yoon Suh holding baby Ji Hoon in her arms sitting down there. Before he could question Geun Suk, he and Seung Heon were already walked down and took a seat beside Yoon Suh.

He turned to In Sung with a confusion gaze. “What’s all this? I thought this is Ji Hoon’s baptism ceremony but why are they sitting down there and both of us are standing here?” He glanced at the priest who was smiling at him. His brows furrowed together before looking back at In Sung. “Why do I feel everything look so familiar?”

In Sung laughed softly before he helped him to adjust his bow tie. “Of course familiar. You did all this before.”

“I did before?” Confusion was eating him alive now. His heart was starting to beat abnormally fast.

“Did you have your wedding ceremony with Yoon Suh in this church too?” In Sung asked with a grin on his face.

“No. We didn’t…” He stopped at mid-sentence as his eyes and mouth widened at the same time. “W-Wedding ceremony?”

In Sung smiled. “Yes man. A wedding ceremony. You are really clueless, aren’t you? How can a baby baptism ceremony require you to wear a bow tie? You are not as smart as I thought you are.”

Min Ho looked at him in shock. “What are you talking about? What wedding…” Before he could finish his sentence, he was cut off by the sudden bridal chorus that was playing in the background now. He turned to the door that was now being opened and he felt that his knees weakened when he saw So Won slowly enter the church with a basket in her hand. She was wearing a beautiful white dress and she looked like an angel. She was smiling sweetly at her father as her tiny hand showering the flower petals around. Following behind So Won was Se Yeon who was wearing a white gown too, holding a white wedding flowers bouquet in her hands. She gave him a warm smile as she continued to walk forward.      

He found himself clenching his hands into tight fists when he saw Park Soon Jae holding onto the most beautiful woman he have ever seen, walking towards him very slowly. His breath hitched in his throat as he struggled to keep his composure. His eyes were now locked tightly at Shin Hye. Her light makeup makes her face glow under the lights. Her hair was tied in a simply low ponytail with a white headband on her head. She was wearing a feminine and romantic wedding gown looking absolutely beautiful and elegant. The white dress was features a sheer overlay with a stripped pattern long sleeves gathered her shoulders. He recognized the wedding gown she was wearing now. This was the wedding gown he designed and instructed the wedding planner to special made for her during their wedding. He didn’t even know it was ready. She looked exactly like how he imagined when he designed the dress. She looked like a princess, a pure goddess in white.

He tried to search for her gaze but her eyes were held low and he can obviously see the nervousness on her face.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

Are you approaching me?
Are you my person now?
Even if I hesitate a lot,
Even if it’s hard sometimes,
Will you still protect me?

 

You are now my person
Even if something pains your heart
You’re my person so with my love,
I can make you smile
So don’t worry now

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

“Do you like what you see?” In Sung whispered in his ear.

Min Ho turned his head slightly to the side but his eyes were still focussing on his bride. “You should at least give me a hint. I feel very ugly standing beside her now. I was not… prepared.” He whispered back.

In Sung chuckled softly. “Do you need to prepare anything to marry an amazing woman like her? You just need to be yourself.” He patted his arms. “You had just won another round.”

Min Ho looked at In Sung in confusion. “Won what?”

In Sung didn’t reply him but just grinned at him. He pushed Min Ho softly towards the front of the chancel when Shin Hye and Park Soon Jae were getting closer.

Min Ho took a very deep breath and gulped nervously when his eyes met Park Soon Jae. He glanced at Shin Hye before looking back at Min Ho. He inhaled a breath, squeezing his daughter’s hand softly before he passed her hand to the man in front of him.

“I’m officially giving her to you now. I know my daughter is very stubborn and hard headed sometimes but she have the most beautiful heart that worth every single ounce of your love. She wouldn’t be able to give you a perfect future that every man wanted. The time she could spend with you might not be as long as you dream to have. The road that you need to walk with her will be full of obstacles and heartaches. Are you sure you can handle all that? Once you took this hand, you cannot regret and there is no turning back.” Park Soon Jae said as he looked deep into Min Ho’s eyes.

Still with her eyes looking down, Shin Hye inhaled deeply. Every word that her father said was right. Being with someone like her will not be easy. She is emotional and doesn’t listen to other people. She couldn’t give him a complete home; she couldn’t even give him a child. She is not healthy and she will die any time soon. She will only bring him tears and nothing more. But this idiot just wouldn’t run away no matter how much she pushed him away. 

Min Ho looked at Park Soon Jae for a second before he glanced down at Shin Hye’s hand. Without any hesitation, he took her hand and held it tightly in his.

“I remembered each and every word that I promised you. I want to spend the rest of my life with your daughter. I don’t care it’s just 70 years, 7 years, 7 months or even 7 days. I just want to be with her…” he paused as he turned to Shin Hye. Their eyes finally met for the first time today. “… in sickness or in health, I just want to be with her.” He continued.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

My person, my love
You, who is more precious than myself
You can lean on me and rest-

 

And I will protect you
You and this beautiful moment- with love
Let’s be together forever
Let’s be together for always

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

Park Soon Jae smiled at him as he nodded. “Take care of her and love her for as long as eternity.” He took a last look at Shin Hye before he turned around, holding So Won with him and walked down to sit with Yoon Suh and the rest.

Min Ho tightened his grip on Shin Hye’s hand as his eyes never leave her. He smiled slightly. “You are very beautiful.”

Shin Hye smiled too, staring deep into his eyes. “You look good yourself too.”

----------

Shin Hye glanced at the clock before looking at Se Yeon through the big mirror. She was busy doing her makeup. “Have my father arrive yet?” She asked.

Se Yeon stopped her hand and smiled at her. “In Sung oppa is picking him up from Gimpo airport. I think they are on the way now.”

“Hmmm…” She uttered as she looked down.

Yoon Suh who was sitting beside her, moved closer to her and wrapped her arm around her shoulder. They were now looking at each other through the mirror. “Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.”

“Do you think he will come?” Shin Hye asked.

“Of course he will. That clueless man has no idea of what you were planning behind. He thought it was Ji Hoon’s baptism ceremony. Even if he doesn’t want to come, Geun Suk oppa will kidnap him over.” Yoon Suh assured her with a smile.

Se Yeon put the lipstick on the table and leaned down beside Shin Hye. “Your sister is right. Everything will be alright. You don’t know how happy I was last night when you call In Sung oppa asking him to help you for all these. Although it was a very short notice of time, we still manage to get everything ready including calling your father to come to Seoul from Jeju Island.” Se Yeon pressed her forehead against her temples and smiled. “I’m very proud of you.”

Shin Hye let out a weak smile. “But I still feel very scared.”

Yoon Suh squeezed her arm softly. “After tonight, you don’t need to be scare anymore. You just need to lean yourself on that big pillar. He will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter