Unconsciously In Love

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee So Won woke up from her afternoon nap, sweating, startled, eyes wide and scared, like a lost little girl. She scanned around her room and couldn’t find her mother. She turned to the clock on the bedside table and it was already 6pm. It has passed the time that her mother supposed to bring her for an evening walk in the garden. She quickly ran to the door and went down. Her heart almost stopped beating when she couldn’t find her in the living room, dining room or even the kitchen. She ran back to the main door and she stopped her step when she saw Shin Hye, squatting down in front of the roses plants, wearing an elbow-length glove and pruning the roses.

So Won smiled in relief as she quickly ran towards her and wrapped her tiny arms around Shin Hye from behind. She rested her chin on Shin Hye’s shoulder as her eyes were welling with tears.

“Eomma…”

Shin Hye was startled when someone suddenly hugged her from behind. She smiled when she heard So Won’s voice.

“You are awake?” She asked.

She tilted her head to the side to look at her when she didn’t get an answer from her. Her brows creased when she saw tears rolling down her cheeks. She quickly put the pruners down on the grass and took her gloves off of her hands. She turned around and cupped So Won’s cheeks in between her hands.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Shin Hye asked worriedly.

So Won wrapped her arms around her neck and buried her tiny face in her neck. “I had a bad dream. I saw eomma fighting with appa again. When I came back from school, eomma already left the house. When I woke up just now, eomma was not in the room. I looked for you everywhere but I couldn’t find you. I thought you left.” She said in between sobs as she tightened her arms around her.

Shin Hye her back gently and sighed silently. “It was just a dream. Eomma is still here. I saw you sleeping so soundly just now and didn’t want to wake you up. I was just pruning the roses in the garden. I’m here. I’m not going anywhere.”

“Eomma have to promise So Won you will not leave us again. Never leave us again.” So Won plead as more tears flowed down from her eyes.

Shin Hye bit her lip as her eyes were reddened. She wanted to promise her too but she doesn’t want to lie. She doesn’t want to make a promise that she couldn’t keep. She slowly pulled away from So Won and gently wiped her tears with her thumbs.

“Nobody in this world can stay with someone else forever. Everyone have to leave one day. This is the reality that no one can avoid.” She said in a sad tone.

So Won sniffed as she tilted her head. “I don’t understand. Why everyone have to leave one day? I won’t leave eomma. I won’t leave appa.”

“Hmmm… because this is call the circle of life. All life begins and it will also end one day. The beginning of life marks the first point on the circle of life. Living things will born, mature and die rapidly. This is the circle that we couldn’t escape.” She smiled as she caressed her cheek lovingly. “I can’t promise you that I won’t leave you one day but no matter how long or how short I can stay here with So Won, I’ll always love you.” She paused as she took her hand and brought it to her lips, kissing it softly. “Eomma love you very much.”

So Won smiled and circled her arms around her neck again. “So Won love eomma very very much too.”

Tears started to roll down Shin Hye’s cheeks as she smiled sadly. She hugged her tightly and gently her hair as she closed her eyes. I promise you that I’ll find your eomma back and you will never lose her again.

Shin Hye’s eyes fluttered open when she felt someone squatted beside them.

Min Ho was totally stunned when he saw them hugging and crying when he walked to the garden. His chest was tightened especially when he heard their conversation. He was very surprised with what she said to So Won. This was something that he never thought Yoon Suh would say.

Their eyes locked for a moment before Min Ho averted his gaze to So Won and pulled her to him.

“Why are you crying?” He asked as he gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “Are you not feeling well?”

So Won shook her head.

Shin Hye let out a soft sigh as she stood up. “She had a bad dream just now.”

Min Ho caressed her cheek before he stood up and looked at Shin Hye. “Then how about you? Why are you crying? You had a bad dream too?”

Shin Hye quickly lifted her hand up to wipe her tears away. She hates to look weak especially in front of this man. She cleared and looked down at So Won. She held her hand and smiled at her. “Don’t cry anymore. Let’s go inside.” As she was about to walk away with So Won, Min Ho grasped her hand and stopped her from going. She turned to him and held his eyes. “Wae?”

Min Ho looked down at So Won and her head. “Go inside to find ahjuhma. Appa have something to talk to eomma.”

So Won glanced at Shin Hye and then back at her father. “Don’t fight with eomma.”

Min Ho smiled at her. “I promise that I won’t fight with eomma, okay?”

So Won nodded her head before she ran back into the house.

Shin Hye turned to Min Ho and looked at him curiously. “What you want to talk to me?

Min Ho stepped closer to her as he brought his hand up to her face, rubbed his thumb across her tear-stained cheek. He let out a deep sigh. “I don’t know. Although this is not the first time I see you cry, but this time, your tears make my heart ached.” He said as he leaned forward to her.

Shin Hye’s eyes widened and her whole body was frozen at the same time when Min Ho leaned over and kissed her cheek softly.

“So please don’t cry anymore.” He whispered.

They gazed longingly into each other’s eyes, like some magnet was pulling them together. Her heart was thudding so loudly that she wondered if Min Ho could hear it. “I thought I told you that we are just friend. You shouldn’t…”

“But you also said you started to like me…” He cut her off as his lips curled up into a soft smile. “… as a friend. You didn’t set any rules that I couldn’t kiss you.”

Shin Hye parted her lips slightly but unable to fight back. In front of this man, all her debate skills have gone right down the drain. Her hands clenched into fists at her side when he cupped her cheeks and leaned forward again. She could feel his warm breath against her own face as she closed her eyes tightly together, waiting for his lips to attack hers.

But just before his lips could touch hers, So Won voice startled them.

Shin Hye fluttered her eyes open, quickly took a step backward before turning towards So Won who was running over to them.

Min Ho exhaled a sharp breath as he looked away.

“Eomma, I couldn’t find my pink pyjamas.” So Won said as she held onto Shin Hye’s hand.

Shin Hye stole a quick glance at Min Ho before looking at So Won. “It’s in the second drawer. Let me take for you. Kaja.” She grasped her hand and quickly made her way back into the house.

Min Ho ran his fingers through his hair in frustration before he followed them from behind.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

  

Shin Hye gently clean So Won’s wound that was almost heal completely. She put everything back in the medical box and placed it on the bedside table after she has done. She turned back to the bed and was surprised that Min Ho and So Won were both looking at her.

“Wae?” She asked.

So Won smiled sweetly. “Eomma looked like a nurse now.”

Shin Hye pinched her nose softly. “If I’m not good in all this, So Won’s wound already got infection and we have to send you to the hospital again. Do you want to stay there again?”

So Won shook her head. “So Won don’t want to stay there. So Won want to stay at home with eomma and appa.” She said as she held Shin Hye’s hand and Min Ho’s hand, and put it together.

Shin Hye shifted uncomfortably when their hands touched. Since what happened in the garden earlier, she felt the distance between her and Min Ho has shortened and they were now standing at a dangerous zone. She can’t blame him because he thought she was Yoon Suh. But she was different. She knows exactly who she was and who he was. How can she have feelings towards her own brother in-law? This is not right. She has to keep reminding herself to stay away from him. He said she was dangerous like a rose but he is not safe either. Everything about him is dangerous to her too.

Shin Hye cleared to break the awkward silence. “So Won-ah, you should sleep now. It’s late.” She tried to pull her hand away but Min Ho grasped it on time and doesn’t let it go. She looked up at him and creased her brows. “What are you doing? It’s late already. You should go back to your room and sleep too.”

“But why appa have to sleep alone?” So Won cut in.

Min Ho grinned as he looked at his daughter. “Yes, appa want to know too.” He looked back at Shin Hye. “Why I have to sleep alone?”

Shin Hye parted her lips slightly, doesn’t know how to answer their question. She glared at Min Ho before looking back at So Won. “Because eomma want to sleep with So Won. Appa is a big man. He can sleep alone.”

“But So Won is a big girl too. I can sleep alone too. Ahjuhma said appa and eomma should sleep together. Last time you sleep with appa in his room.” So Won said.

Shin Hye sighed. “It’s different last time.”

“What is so different?” Min Ho asked.

Shin Hye bit her lip and glared at him again. “Yah, Lee Min Ho.” She said angrily.

So Won tilted her head and looked at Shin Hye in confusion. “Why is eomma calling appa by his name now? You used to call him oppa.”

Min Ho grinned again and leaned closer to So Won as he looked at Shin Hye with a mischievous gaze. “You are right. Appa want to know that too.”

“I… I…” Shin Hye became tongue-tied as she let out a deep sigh. “It’s very late already, OPPA. I’m tired and I want to sleep now. OPPA should go back to sleep too.” Shin Hye said with a piercing stare.

Min Ho turned to So Won without replying her. “It’s Sunday tomorrow and appa is not working.” He paused as he glanced at the clock. “It’s not that late yet. Should we go to watch TV for a while before we sleep?”

So Won’s eyes blinked in joy as she nodded her head. “Yes. Ahjuhma bought a new cartoon the other day and I haven’t watch yet.”

“Okay, let’s watch it at appa’s room. Kaja.” Min Ho said as he took So Won’s hand and pulled her up from her bed.

“Yah…” Shin Hye wanted to protest but before she could do so, Min Ho already pulled her hand with him and dragged her out of So Won’s room.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

So Won was lying flat and resting her head on both Min Ho’s and Shin Hye’s lap, watching her cartoon on the couch. A big and fluffy blanket was wrapped around them. There was a long peaceful silence as Min Ho stole a sideway glance at Shin Hye. She was looking at the TV mindlessly with heavy lidded eyes. Her attention was obviously not on the TV. She was just forcing herself to accompany So Won.

Min Ho looked down on So Won who was enjoying her cartoon with a happy smile spread across her face. A soft smile curled on his lips too, a sudden warmth creep into his heart. This has been the first time for three of them to sit down on the couch, watching TV together like this. He So Won’s hair softly as his other hand held Shin Hye’s hand in his. He almost smiled when she didn’t pull her hand away. After a while, he glanced over his shoulder when he felt Shin Hye’s head dropped on his shoulder. She fell asleep on him. 

His eyes were locked at her beautiful sleeping face and without realizing it, he leaned forwards and pressed his lips on her hair, inhaled into her sweet and unique scent that he had never smell before in the past. He didn’t know that his heart will still beat so fast because of her. He couldn’t deny anymore that everything about her since she came back make him fall in love with her all over again. This was the first time he wanted to fight for her despite everything she has done in the past. If they could stay like this forever, he doesn’t mind to compromise and will try to forget everything. He just wants this moment to stay forever.

So Won looked up at her parents and smiled widely when she saw her mother leaning against her father. She pulled herself up very softly, trying hard not to wake her mother up.

Min Ho turned to her and narrowed his gaze at her. “Wae?” He whispered.

So Won shook her head. She leaned forward at Shin Hye and kissed her cheek very softly before looking at her father again. She brought her face to Min Ho’s ear and whispered very softly. “I’ll go to off the TV and go back to my room to sleep. Eomma will sleep here with you tonight. You have to take care of eomma, arasso?”

Min Ho smiled as he nuzzled his nose against her tiny cheek. “Arasso.” He whispered back.

So Won got down of the couch very quietly and turned the TV off. She then ran towards the door and before she goes out, she turned back to her father and winked at him.

Min Ho grinned. He slowly turned back to Shin Hye and brought his hand up to caress her cheek. She was so deeply in sleep and didn’t even realize that So Won was already gone. He took the blanket away from them and gently scooped her up in his arms; slowly bring her to the bed. He laid her flat on the bed and his eyes lingered on her for a long time before he pulled the comforter to cover around her. He turned the lights off and lay down beside her on the bed.

He moved closer to her and gently pulled her into his arms. He froze in place when she whimpered and fluttered her long lashes in her sleep. He couldn’t help but to smirk at her cuteness. He brushed the stray hair out of her face and her temple lightly. He looked at her as he was cracking his head to understand why she has changed so much. What makes her changed?

----------

“What have you give me all these while? Except for the loneliness and sadness, what have you give me?” Yoon Suh shouted at Min Ho as tears were welling in her eyes.

Min Ho stepped forward and grabbed her hand tightly, glaring at her dangerously. “What have I give you?! I always tried to fulfil everything that you want. Money, jewelleries, clothes, bags, cars, everything! I tried to come home earlier to spend more time with you but where are you? You came home drunk every night. How about So Won? Have you ever thought about her?”

He yanked her hand away as he chuckled sadly. “Sadness? Compared to those you gave me, I don’t know what I did that makes you sad before.”

“I’m your wife not your pet. Why must you lock me inside this house and take care of So Won? I have my life too. I want to see the world outside. Why you must always drained yourself in your work without trying to understand about me? Since we got married 10 years ago, you just spent most of your time in your studies and work. I need my husband to stay by my side 24/7. I want him to love me, listen to me and care about me.” Yoon Suh said with her tears rolling down her cheeks. “I told you I want to do the abortion when I know I was pregnant 9 years ago. You were the one who insist me to keep her. I never wanted to be a mother. If you didn’t stop me from the abortion, all this mess will not happen now.”

Min Ho exhaled sharply as his jaws clenched together. “Even if So Won does not exist now, do you think you can change the fact that you cheated on me?” His eyes were reddened in anger. “You cheated behind my back with my best friend.” His expression slowly turned painful as he walked closer to her and held her arms again, forcing her to look at him. “Why? Why must it be Jang Geun Suk? You know he is my best friend. You know how much I love you. How can you do this to me? How can both of you do this to me?”

“Let go of me.” Yoon Suh pushed him away and glared at him. “Because Geun Suk oppa know what I want and what I need. He knows how to love me and understand me. He know what I like and what I hate. I like romantic, I like having fun, and I like freedom. I hate flowers, I hate being a mother and I hate to stay in this house everyday waiting for you to come back. This is not the life I want.” She paused as she shook her head. “You don’t love me. The one you love is that twinflower, not me.”

Min Ho inhaled a deep breath and looked at her. “Yes. The one I love was the twinflower. And she was already dead. She has become a poisonous flower that I don’t recognize anymore.”

-----------

“Is my twinflower really reborn?” Min Ho whispered. He leaned forward and began to leave feather-light kisses on her forehead, her cheeks and her nose. He pulled back slightly as his gaze dropped to her lips. He can’t remember how long has it been for the last time he kissed those lips. He found it disgusting to held her this close and kiss her when he know about her relationship with Geun Suk last time. But now, something about her that make him want to hold her like this in his arms forever. He loves her scent, he loves her smile, he loves her laugh, and he loves her voice, he love how she makes him feel.

He leaned closer and just when his lips were about to touch hers, he stopped. His eyes were now locked with the big beautiful eyes that were only centimetres away from him, looking at him with a shock expression.

“W-What are you doing?” Shin Hye stuttered. She slowly came awake when she felt warm and soft lips pressed on her. The sound of a soft breathing wormed their way into her consciousness. Her heart stopped a beat when she saw Min Ho’s lips were so near to hers.

Min Ho continued to look at her as his fingers were still lingering along her smooth cheek.

“I want to kiss you.”

Shin Hye gasped softly as her eyes unable to tear away from him. His gaze was intense and their closeness created an electricity jolt that was sent to her spine. She held her breath and looked down.

“I told you we are friends. Friend doesn’t kiss.” Shin Hye said.

Min Ho cupped her face in between his hands, forcing her to face him as he looked deep into her eyes. “We are not friends. You are not my friend. You are my wife.”

Shin Hye bit her lower lip. “Stupid man.” She was really curious whether it was because of her perfect acting or because something was wrong with his brain. Why he still hasn’t figure out that she is not his wife, not her twin sister. Even if he still think she was her sister, why did he still wants to kiss a woman that cheated on him and ran away with another man.

“Meo?” Min Ho’s eyes narrowed at her.

Shin Hye sighed. “Why do you still want to kiss a woman who treated you so badly? This woman you wanted to kiss now ran away with another man and she even…”

“Because I love the new you.” Min Ho cut her off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter