A Closure

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Yoon Hye,

I know you feel uncomfortable with this name but I don’t know why, whenever I wrote this name or call you by this name in my heart, I felt that we are closer together. It makes me feel that we are really related. So please allow me to call you Yoon Hye. Don’t freak out when you find my letter and I was gone again. I’m not a person who is good at saying goodbye; especially there are three of you. Please forgive me for running away again, but I guess in a good way this time. I need to leave. There were too many unhappy memories that I have in this place. I’ll be taking an early flight today, going to a new place to start a new life. I’m sorry. You have a very bad sister that every time she wrote you a letter, she was planning something behind or asking for your help. And this time will be the same too. Yes, I need your help again. Although it might sound ridiculous but I’m sure you are willing to help me. So please do three things for me.

First of all, it’s about Min Ho oppa. How strange it is that by calling his name again, it makes my heart ache for the first time. After our conversation at the cemetery, I have thought for the whole night. I kept asking myself did I ever love this man before. I think I did. The first time I saw him in my school, my eyes couldn’t seem to break away from him. He was so handsome, so charming, and so smart. He was like a dream that every girl wishes it to come true one day. I still remember vividly the day when we first met. When our eyes first locked together, my heart seems to stop beating at that moment. He was my first crush, my first love. But you are not wrong when you said I was more attracted to his background that could offer me the life that I want. So, it was really like a dream come true when he proposed to me. I guess I love him, but I just don’t love him enough.

Greed is a part of human nature. When you got something, you will start to demand for something else, something more. I want him, I want his money, I want his time, I want his attention, and I want his love. When he couldn’t give me even only one of those, I started to get annoyed, I started to feel loneliness and regret. Because the greed in me, because the selfishness in me, I forgot his good and just remember his bad. When things weren’t going as what I expected, I choose the most extreme way to punish him.

You were right. I was the one who let this man, this happiness to slip away from me. We didn’t understand each other more because we are not meant to be together from the beginning. Our relationship started with a lie, with a mistake. You said at the cemetery that you only met him for a brief 30 minutes and if I act differently, his heart will always be mine. I don’t agree with you. If you are his true love, even one second means forever. I don’t know what love is but after being with Geun Suk oppa, I finally understand. When you love someone, you just want the best for him. Even if he is good, he is bad; we can only see the best part of him. I know I should hate him for not trying harder for me, for not wanting a family with my and our baby. But I guess loves have blinded my heart and I just couldn’t make myself to hate him. 

Because of Geun Suk oppa, I once again hurt Min Ho oppa. There is always something I wanted to tell him but I just don’t have the courage to say it to him in person. Tell him I’m sorry. Sorry for lying to him that I was you. Sorry for bringing So Won into his life that makes him love and hate her at the same time. Sorry for hurting him when he tried so hard to make our marriage work. I hope by signing the divorce paper, I could give him back the freedom that he needs to love the person that he supposed to love from the very beginning. I know he will forgive me. At least I have brought the most precious women into his life. I have finally returned the real twinflower to him.

Secondly is my pity beautiful daughter, So Won. This poor girl has been brought to this world with so much hatred from her mother. You were right. I always thought of her as my shameful mistake, a stain that I wanted to get rid of. An irresponsible mother like me has forgotten that the mistake that I did has not only hurt Min Ho oppa but also hurt this innocent soul at the same time. I thought I hate her but then I slowly realized that I’m actually not. I was afraid of her and felt sorry for her. I was afraid to face her because she reminds me of the mistake that I was scared to admit. The more she comes near to me, the more I wanted to distance myself. I’m worried that my heart will soften by her. I was curious that how can a bad person like me will have a lovely angel like her. She is too good to have a bad mother like me.

So here is the second request I need you to help me. Please tell her I’m sorry. Sorry that I couldn’t be a good mother to her. I don’t think I will ever have the courage to be close to her. I’m so sorry for my selfishness. Help me to thanks her for her unconditional love despite every bad thing I did to her. Although it was only a short moment, but I will never forget the day when I spent with her in Lotte World. She makes me feel like a mother for the first time. And most importantly, please take care of her on my behalf. I know I’m a bad person for throwing this responsible to you but I know you will be a better mother for her compared to me. Please give her the love that I couldn’t give her. I know she will be happier to be with you. Her life will be beautiful to have you and Min Ho oppa by her side.

Finally is my twin sister, Yoon Hye. Do you hate me? I guess you should. I stole away a mother that was supposed to be ours and left you being along for such a long time. I stole away the man that was supposed to be yours for 10 years. Please don’t hate our mother. Although it was her fault that she sacrificed you but I’m sure if she has a choice, she wouldn’t do that. She just wants one of us to have a better life and not to suffer with her. The guilt she has for you was the worst punishment for her. She loves you and she used the most painful way to love you. Please forgive her.

Please believe me that I really mean it when I said I want to know more about you in my first letter. You are my sister; we have the same blood that flow inside our body. But I’m sorry that our first encounter was a bad one. The way we spent for the past 2 weeks was not what I wanted us to be. But even with all those unhappy events that happened in that short moment of time, I guess we at least get to know each other more. I always imagined that if we don’t have such a complicated relationship with the same man, we could actually become very close to each other. You are independent, I’m dependent. You are strong, I’m soft. You are calm, I’m emotional. You are matured and caring, I’m naïve and careless. I guess we can click really well together. We can both complete the lacking in each other.

Yoon Hye-ah, I’m glad that I found you. Thank you for everything you said to me in the cemetery. You make me realized that I should at least do something back for So Won, Min Ho oppa and you. For So Won, I gave her a better mother that she always dream to have. For Min Ho oppa, I brought him the real twinflower that he love so much. And for you, I gave you back a man that could protect you, cherish you and love you. Because of this reason, because of this two people that you love so much, this is the third request that I need you to do for me. Stay alive. Stay strong for them and for yourself. Life is crazy and cruel but at the same time it will make us stronger. Don’t give up even your sickness is trying to kill you. You have so much reason to stay alive, to stay happy. The man that you love might look strong but he has a fragile heart. He wouldn’t be able to survive if you leave him. Because of him, you have to fight harder.

I won’t be worried about you. I won’t be sad for you. I know how strong you are and I’m very sure you will win this battle. I have confidence in you. Win the battle for him, for So Won and for yourself. Although I won’t be a part of all this, but I will always pray for you, send my blessing to you. Let’s work hard together for our better future. I know it feel weird for me to say it and for you to hear it, but I still want you to know that… I love you, my sister.

Love,

Yoon Suh.

 

----------

 

Lee Min Ho folded the letter back into the envelope before he turned to Shin Hye who was sitting beside her in the car, holding So Won tightly in her arms. Her eyes were slightly swollen and her expression was worried and sad. Just by looking at her like that already enough to make his heart ached in pain. If they get to find Yoon Suh in the airport later, he can imagine how bad she will break down. He sighed silently as he grasped her hand and squeezed it softly.

“Don’t worry. In Sung said her flight to US is at 11.30am. It’s only 9am now. We will find her later.” Min Ho said.

Shin Hye nodded as she rested her chin on top of So Won’s head. She wasn’t worried about whether she can still see her sister or not. She was just worried that So Won couldn’t see her mother for the one last time. Everything Yoon Suh wanted her to tell Min Ho and So Won, she wanted her to tell them herself. She can help her to take care of them but she wouldn’t be able to help her to convey the message she wanted to send to them. This was the one last thing she should do it herself, at least for So Won. She needs to know that her mother doesn’t hate her. She needs to know that her mother does love her.

So Won slowly looked up at Shin Hye with her confusion gaze. “Why are we going to the airport?” She asked.

Shin Hye caressed her cheeks and forced a smile. Her heart was aching very badly, aching for her. She might not be able to see her mother again. Just like her; she will never be able to see her mother again.

“We are going there to look for your eomma.” Shin Hye said sadly.

“Eomma is leaving?” So Won asked sadly too.

Shin Hye bit her lip hard. “Yes. She is leaving but she has something to tell you. So we have to rush there so that you can listen to what your eomma wanted you to know.”

So Won turned to the window and looked out mindlessly. She doesn’t understand why people always have to leave but she know this time her mother was leaving because she want to find her happiness. She told her that when she brought her out that day. She won’t be angry with her. She will be happy too if her mother is happy.

Min Ho sighed deeply before he pulled Shin Hye closer to him and pressed his lips into Shin Hye’s hair. 

“We will find her. We will get to see her for the one last time.” He whispered.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

When they reached the airport, Min Ho quickly ran towards the departure board to check Yoon Suh’s flight departure check-in counter.

“Counter 18.” He said as he turned to Shin Hye. She nodded her head as she quickly pulled So Won with her and rushed to the check-in counter. But just then, before they could reach the counter, Shin Hye saw Yoon Suh standing at the departure gate not far away from them, ready to go in.

“Choi Yoon Suh!” Shin Hye shouted as she ran towards the departure gate with Min Ho and So Won. Tears were already flooding in her eyes when their gaze locked at each other.

Yoon Suh’s eyes were slightly widened as she sighed softly. She should have known that her stubborn sister will sure find a way to look for her. She just didn’t thought it would be so fast.

Shin Hye slowly walked towards her and stopped about five feet away from her. She took a deep breath before she spoke. “I won’t stop you from going away because this is your choice and I respect it. I can help you to take care of them but I won’t help you to tell them what you wanted them to know. That was your responsibilities that you couldn’t run away from.”

Without waiting for her to reply, she looked down at So Won. “Go to your eomma and say goodbye to her.” She said, her voice quavered.

So Won pulled her hand away from Shin Hye and took very slow and small steps forward. It felt like forever before she reached and stood right in front of her mother. She looked up at her and smiled with her teary eyes.

“Eomma…” She called out very softly. “Are you going off with baby brother today? Where are you going?”

Yoon Suh bit her trembling lip hard; the lump in formed as she tried to mask her emotions and hold back her tears.

“Hmmm…” She tried to find the right word to say. She carefully lowered down herself to her level so that she can see So Won’s face clearly. She smiled back at her as she brought her trembling hand and caressed her face gently.  

“Do you remember that day when you asked me why do I have to leave? You asked me is it because I don’t love So Won?” She asked.

So Won nodded her head. “And eomma said because you have someone that you love more and wanted to stay with them.”

Yoon Suh swallowed hard, looking at So Won apologetically. “Even though I have to leave, even though I have someone else that I love more, it doesn’t mean I don’t love So Won because I do.” She looked at her face very carefully, trying to remember every small little details of her. She smiled sadly. “How can I be so careless and didn’t notice that my daughter have grown up so much and become so beautiful?”

So Won lifted her tiny hand up and touched her mother’s face very softly too. “So Won is beautiful because eomma is beautiful.”

Yoon Suh clenched her jaws together as her breathing became heavier by second. This was harder than she thought. She has tried so hard to bury the complicated feelings she have for So Won all these while. She keep convince herself that she hate her. But now, the buried feelings were evoked by her sister and make it so much harder.

“I’m sorry.” She said sincerely. “I know I’m not a good mother and I didn’t stay by your side when you needed me the most. Forgive me for being selfish. Forgive me that I couldn’t bring you along with me.” She her hair gently as she glanced at Min Ho and Shin Hye who was standing not too far away from them. “But I know you will be in good hands. With your appa and eemo taking care of you, I don’t need to worry anymore. You have to start calling eemo eomma because she will be your mother from now on. She will replace me to be a good mother to you, take care of you, and love you.” She paused as she smiled again. “I know you like her to be your mother too. You have to treat her better than anybody because she loves you more than anybody too, arasso?” 

So Won started to sob as she wrapped her arms around her mother’s neck, hugging her tightly. “I love eomma too. No matter how far eomma go, So Won will never forget you. So Won will not be angry with you and will always love you. You don’t need to worry about me. I have eemo and appa. You have to take care of yourself and take of my baby brother. You have to write letter to So Won and send baby brother’s photo to me, okay?”

Shin Hye couldn’t control anymore and leaned herself to Min Ho and cried into his shoulder. Min Ho her head gently, soothing her.

Yoon Suh smiled as tears rolled down her eyes. She pulled back from So Won softly as she held her pinky finger up at her daughter. “Okay. I will write letter to you and send photo of your baby brother to you. I promise you.”

So Won hooked her mother’s pinky finger and shook it softly. She leaned her face down at Yoon Suh’s stomach and kissed on it. “Little dongsaeng, noona love you.” She then looked up at her mother again, and kissed her cheek very gently. “Eomma, So Won love you.”  

Yoon Suh sobbed so hard that her whole body was slightly trembled. She cupped So Won’s face and leaned forward to kiss her forehead. “Eomma love So Won too.” She whispered as she pulled her into her embrace, hugging her for the one last time.

Shin Hye pulled away from Min Ho as she slowly walked towards them. She kneeled down beside them and held So Won’s hand, pulling her away from her mother.

“So Won-ah, you should stop making your eomma cry. And she can’t kneel down like this for long. She is pregnant. Let’s wait at the side and let appa talk to your eomma, okay?” She said to So Won.

So Won nodded as she followed Shin Hye, walking back to Min Ho. Shin Hye looked at him and smiled slightly. “You should talk to her.”

Min Ho glanced at Yoon Suh before looking back at Shin Hye. He inhaled deeply before he nodded. He slowly walked over to Yoon Suh and stopped two feet away from her. Both of them were silent for a long second, just gazing at each other.

“Sorry…”

Both of them said the same word at the same time. Min Ho smirked as he still looked at Yoon Suh, his now ex-wife.

“I think you missed out some documents that I need you to sign.” Min Ho said.

Yoon Suh chuckled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter