Sacrifice

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh as he tapped his foot impatiently on the floor. “I don’t care how you do it but I need to know where my daughter is now. Choi Yoon Suh took her away from the school and I couldn’t find her. She turned her phone off and I couldn’t reach her. Get back to me if you find something.” He ended the call, brought his hand up to press against his temple and closed his eyes. He could feel the burning rage running in his vessels and mind, making him clenched his fists tightly.

Shin Hye looked at him worriedly as she moved closer to him. She squeezed his arm softly. “You have to control yourself and calm down.”

Min Ho exhaled sharply before he opened his eyes, looking at Shin Hye. “How can I calm down when So Won is missing? Choi Yoon Suh has never been a mother to her and now she suddenly took her away without telling me. She must be planning something using her.” He bit his lip and sighed painfully. “I should have just accept her request and give her everything she wants.”   

Jo In Sung who was talking on the phone a while ago, ended the call and turned to Min Ho. “It might not be as bad as you imagine. No matter what, So Won is her daughter. I don’t think she will do anything bad to her. My people are searching everywhere for them now. Hopefully we could get some good news soon.”

Shin Hye looked at him and smiled slightly. “Thank you so much.”

In Sung nodded as his eyes were locked at Min Ho. His emotion was obviously unstable and he was now seated on the couch, burying his face in his palm. He sighed before looking back at Shin Hye.

“I still have something to do in the office. I have to make a move first. I’ll call you if I found anything.” In Sung said.

Shin Hye nodded. “Let me walk you out.” She said as she took one last look at Min Ho before walking towards the door.

 

In Sung stopped in front of his car and turned to Shin Hye. “Are you okay? You don’t look so good. You looked pale.”

Shin Hye looked up at him as she shook her head. “I’m just worried about So Won.”

“You should worry about yourself too. Have you taken lunch yet? You should eat something. I know you are scared that you will vomit but at least there is something for you to throw up after you eat. Do you want me to call Seung Heon and see what he can do?” In Sung asked in concern.

“I’m really fine. I’m going back for a check-up next week anyway. Please don’t call him. I don’t want to make another man to worry about me.” Shin Hye inhaled deeply. “I already hurt him enough.”

In Sung looked at her and sighed helplessly. “Sometimes I really don’t understand why you fall in love with such a complicated man when there is this simple man who loves you so much. I’m sure being with Seung Heon will be much happier than with Lee Min Ho.”

Shin Hye smiled weakly. “Because I’m not simple and I suit perfectly with a complicated man like him. No one could ever understand what we share. The feelings we have for each other is so deep that sometimes it hurt so much.” She looked up at In Sung again. “Love is unexplainable, a mystery, a thing that can make me stronger even its hurt.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

When Shin Hye couldn’t find Min Ho in the living room, she knows he must have been in the study room. He was standing in front of the large viewing window, looking outside mindlessly when she entered the room. The creases that formed on his forehead were showing how much the situation worries him now.

Shin Hye slowly walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist, pressing herself tightly against his back. She could feel his tensed muscles slowly softened down with her touch.

Min Ho caressed her hands that were hugging around his waist. “Do you think I should call the police?”

Shin Hye sighed softly. “It’s less than 24 hours. The police wouldn’t open the file for you. Besides, Yoon Suh is So Won’s mother. It doesn’t make sense that she will kidnap her or do something bad to her.”

Min Ho heaved a deep breath. “What should I do now?” He asked helplessly.

“It might not as bad as you think. So Won is her daughter. I believe no matter how much she hates her; she won’t do anything to harm her. She won’t be so stupid and just run away without getting what she wants.” Shin Hye tried to convince and soothe him.

“I’m scared.” He admitted honestly. “Why do I feel like I will lose So Won?”

Shin Hye tightened her arms around Min Ho when she felt his body slightly shivered. “You won’t lose her. She is your daughter. Nobody could change that even both of you are not blood related. No one could take her away from you.”

Min Ho sighed deeply. “Aren’t you worried too? I can feel your heart beating fast against your chest.” He bit his lip. “Let’s not fight with her anymore. I will not be able to win her. If it’s money that she wants, I rather give her all if I could get So Won back.”

Shin Hye closed her eyes and pressed her face against his back, feeling his hard and warm muscles. “So Won is so fortunate to have a good father like you. You are willing to give up anything for her.”

Min Ho chuckled sadly. “I wasted so much time in the past just because I was too stubborn to think that blood relation is very important. I spent most of the time avoiding her when she needed a father the most. I didn’t spend time to love her, understand her, care for her and educate her. She was left being alone without parents love. I was the one who is lucky to have her as my daughter.”

Shin Hye bit her lip hard, trying to hold back the tears that were welling in her eyes. “Don’t worry. She will come back.”

Min Ho gently pulled her hands away and turned around, facing her. He inhaled deeply before embraced her tightly into his arms.

“Thank you for being here with me.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

3 months ago, Paris (restaurant)…

 

Yoon Suh put a spoonful of soup into before she looked up at Jang Geun Suk, who was stirring the soup mindlessly. His expression looked troubled. She put the spoon down and sighed silently.

“Are you worried about your company?” She asked softly.

Geun Suk was startled by Yoon Suh’s voice and was shaken off from his deep thoughts. He let out a light smile. “I’m okay.”

“But you have been very quiet since you came here last week. The money that I gave you is not enough to settle your problem?” She asked cautiously.

Geun Suk sighed deeply. “The problem that KST is facing now is not that simple. Venus is KST most important and biggest customer. KST couldn’t stand for long without their orders.”

Yoon Suh bit her lower lip. Everything was her fault. She knows Min Ho was angry with her and that was the reason why he stops his business with Geun Suk, to avenge her, avenge them. “Do you… want me to talk to him?” She asked softly.

Geun Suk looked at her for a long second before he smiled weakly. “Don’t worry about that. I can settle it myself.”

“If there are a lot of works that you need to handle in Seoul, you can go back. I’m okay to be alone here.” She said.

Geun Suk shook his head as he stretched his arm and held her hand in his. “I wanted to spend some times with you. I know you must be very boring staying here alone.”

Yoon Suh smiled. “I’m not boring. I have…” Before she could finish her sentence, she felt sour acid rushed up . She quickly pulled her hand away from him and rushed to the toilet.

“Yoon Suh…” Geun Suk was shocked as he followed her from behind. He waited for her outside the toilet worriedly.

After about 10 minutes, Yoon Suh finally came out and her face was as white as paper. Geun Suk held her arms and scanned her from top to toe.

“What’s wrong? Are you sick? Let me bring you to the hospital.” He held her hand and before he could pull her away, Yoon Suh stopped him.

She looked at Geun Suk and smiled at him slightly. “I’m okay. I’m not sick. I’m just…”

Geun Suk’s brows furrowed. “Just what? You were vomiting and you looked so pale. How can you be okay?”

Yoon Suh looked down and bit her lip nervously. “I’m… I’m pregnant.” She said softly, almost inaudible.

Geun Suk’s eyes widened as he let go of her arms and took a step back.

Yoon Suh looked up at him and was slightly shocked with his reaction. She took a deep breath. “I said I’m pregnant. I’m pregnant with your baby.” She repeated again.

Geun Suk’s breath became heavy as he shook his head. “But how? I thought you were on birth control pill. How can you be pregnant?”

“I stopped a while ago.” Yoon Suh said.

Geun Suk looked at her angrily. “Why did you stop it? I thought we have already discussed this very clearly. I don’t like kids, you don’t like either. See how you treated your own daughter. We are not suitable to be parents.”

Yoon Suh took a step forward and held his hand. “That was because I don’t love So Won’s father. I don’t even know who that bastard was. But this baby is different. It’s our baby. I want to have a baby with you.”

Geun Suk yanked her hand away. “I told you I don’t like kids. I’m not a father material. I’m not ready to settle down and you know I’m facing a lot of problems now. Why are you adding another one for me?”

Tears were already rolling down Yoon Suh’s cheeks as she looked at Geun Suk sadly. “Why is it a problem that I’m pregnant? You said you love me. If you really love me, then why can’t we have a family together?”

Geun Suk chuckled. “Have a family together? How? You are a married woman. You still have a husband and he was my best friend. He is trying to put me into the hell because I slept with his wife and you expect we could have a family together? I don’t even know how long I could stand before my company go bankrupt. Do you think I can still give you what you want? I’ll just become useless when I have nothing.”

Yoon Suh shook her head vigorously. “You still have me. You still have the baby. I don’t mind that you lose everything. We can start again from zero. I’ll go back to Seoul and divorce him. We can go somewhere else and start a new life there.”

Geun Suk laughed and looked at her in disbelief. “I didn’t know you are so naïve. Do you think Min Ho will let you go so easily? Do you think he will let me go so easily?”

“He will. He doesn’t love me. The one he love is my twin sister. He will let me go. If I beg him, he will let you go too.” Yoon Suh said, trying to convince him.

“That’s what I don’t want to see!” Geun Suk raised his voice. “I’m already felt like for using your money. Do you think I will be happy sending you to him, begging him?” He inhaled deeply, trying to control his emotions.

He looked at her with his eyes reddened. “Don’t create another innocent life. I won’t be a good father and you are not a good mother either. I’m sorry.” He said as he walked away, leaving Yoon Suh crying painfully behind.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Eomma… eomma…”

Yoon Suh was startled when So Won interrupted her deep thoughts. She looked at her daughter and froze for a long second. She saw the expectant, longing gaze that mix with fears in that pair of beautiful eyes. Geun Suk was right. She was not a good mother and she will never be one. She inhaled a deep breath before let out a light smile.

“Yes?” She asked.

So Won looked at her with a hopeful gaze. “Can we ride the merry-go-round over there?” She asked as she pointed to the ride not too far away from where they were sitting.

Yoon Suh turned to the merry-go-round and saw a lot of children were riding it happily with their parents. She sighed softly before turning back to So Won. “If you want to ride, then let’s go to ride. I’ll just wait for you outside. I’m pregnant and will feel dizzy to take a ride like that.”

So Won quickly moved closer to her mother and shook her head. “Then I’ll just sit here and stay with you. So Won is so stupid and forgot that eomma is having a baby now.”

Yoon Suh felt slightly uneasy when So Won leaned so close to her. She knows she shouldn’t have this kind of feeling over her own daughter but she just couldn’t make herself close to her. Whenever she looks at her, she will remind her about her mistake that night.

“So Won is very happy today.” So Won said as she smiled sweetly at her mother.

Yoon Suh looked at her. “Why?”

“Because this is the first time eomma bring So Won out. I was so surprised and happy when I saw eomma waiting for me outside the school. If not because of your big stomach, I thought you were eemo.” So Won said.

Yoon Suh sighed softly.

“This is the first time you hold my hand, smiled at me and talk to me for so long.” So Won said with a wide smile.

Yoon Suh suddenly felt a pang in her chest. She wasn’t sure it was because of her pregnancy that make her become emotional or this was the first time So Won told her all these. It pained her heart somehow. If So Won didn’t say it out loud, she doesn’t even realize that since she was born, she didn’t really take a good look at her. 

“Are you… happy staying with eemo when I’m not around.” Yoon Suh asked.

So Won hesitated as she looked down.

“It’s okay. You can tell me everything directly. I won’t be angry.” Yoon Suh assured her.

So Won nodded her head softly. “So Won is very happy since eemo came. At first I thought she is eomma. She treats me very good. She sleeps with me and will read night time story to me every night. She will stay with me until I finish my meals. She will bring me to the garden and play with me every evening. She will teach me a lot of new things and she like to talks to me. She answered everything I asked her. She is very patient and she always smiles.” So Won was smiling too when she talked about Shin Hye.

“Appa and So Won were so sad when she ran away.” So Won continued as her smile slowly faded.  

Yoon Suh tilted her head. “She ran away?” She didn’t know about that. When she came back, Shin Hye was still there.

So Won nodded. “Eemo went back to Jeju Island a while ago and stay with harabeoji. Appa found her and brought her back. When we were in Jeju Island, eemo tell So Won that she is not my eomma. She said both of you are twins.”

“Is appa happy being with eemo?” Yoon Suh asked again.

So Won was a bit shocked and dare not to answer that question. Although she doesn’t quite understand but she knows her father love Shin Hye. She was confused too.

“Don’t worry. Just tell me. I won’t be angry.” Yoon Suh said.

So Won looked down at her hands as she played with her fingers. “Appa is very happy. He changed a lot since eemo came. He doesn’t work late anymore. He smiled, he joked and he even talked to So Won.” She looked up at Yoon Suh again. “Just like eomma now. You changed too, right?”

Yoon Suh felt a lump in , blocking herself from talking. She doesn’t know how to tell her that she didn’t change and she will never change. She was only using her to threaten and scare Min Ho. She was only using her to get what she needs to help Geun Suk. Looking at her yearning gazes, for the first time she felt so sorry for her.

She brought her hand towards her but hesitated for a second before she her hair gently. She smiled. Taking a closer look at So Won, she realized that So Won looked so much like her. She has her eyes, her nose, her lips and she just looked like a smaller version of her, or Shin Hye.

“I don’t know how much you can understand but I don’t want to lie to you.” Yoon Suh said.

So Won looked at her without blinking her eyes.

“I’m not a good mother. I couldn’t give you the happiness that you want.” She paused when she saw the tears welling in So Won eyes. She took a deep breath before she continued. “But I’m glad that I brought eemo to you and your appa. She can replace me and be a good mother to you.”

“Are you going to leave again?” So Won asked sadly.

Yoon Suh nodded. “Yes, I will leave. I won’t stay for long.”

“Why? Eemo said she won’t stay for long too.” So Won asked sadly.

Yoon Suh smiled. “Eemo will stay because she loves your appa and she loves you. She won’t leave because of you and your appa.”

“Is that mean eomma don’t love me and appa and that’s why you want to leave.” So Won asked again.

Yoon Suh looked down at her swollen stomach and caressed it softly. “I have someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter