Restart

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: Story by Park Shin Hye (credit to owner)

 

2 months later…

 

“Our next product will concentrate on women skincare. The R&D team have started with the testing and everything is going smoothly at the moment. Since this will be the first time we are doing skincare products, the marketing suggested getting a famous spoke person to promote our products. We have short listed few candidates and we would like sajang-nim to make the final decision.” Secretary Oh reported the progress of Venus latest project to his boss during their weekly meeting. Everyone in the conference room turned to their boss when they didn’t get any reply from him.  

Lee Min Ho was looking at his phone with a light smile curved on his lips. He was totally distracted by the person he was chatting now without concentrating at what his staffs was reporting to him.

 

From: Min Ho

What are you doing? I miss you.

 

From: Shin Hye

Oppa, didn’t you say you are having a meeting now? You shouldn’t play with your phone. You have to concentrate on your work.

 

From: Min Ho

How can I concentrate when you keep appearing in my mind? How are you feeling today? Did you vomit after your lunch?

 

From: Shin Hye

I’m fine. No vomit, no headache and the bruises on my hands already subsided. Don’t worry about me. Just do your work, okay? Oh yeah, do you remember about our dinner with Se Yeon, In Sung sunbae and Seung Heon oppa tonight? They will come here at 7pm.

 

From: Min Ho

Yes, I remembered. I’ll come back on time. In fact, I wanted to go back now. I miss you. I couldn’t concentrate on my work at all. Can I see you?

 

From: Shin Hye

You are seeing me every day and night. But since you are so sweet today, I’ll let you see now.

 

Min Ho’s smile widened when he saw the photo that Shin Hye sent to him.

 

From: Shin Hye

Satisfied? Now go back to work.

 

From: Min Ho

You make it worse by sending that photo. I feel like running back home now and kiss you senseless. You are so beautiful.

 

From: Shin Hye

ert. I need to go now. So Won is calling me. She wants me to accompany her to practice piano. See you tonight. I miss you too.

 

Min Ho was still looking at Shin Hye’s photo when Secretary Oh called him loudly. His smile slowly faded when his deep thoughts were shaken off by that old man. He noticed all the staffs were now looking at him and his hand were still holding his phone. He quickly averted his gaze and cleared his throat embarrassedly.

“What were you talking just now?” He asked with an awkward expression.

Secretary Oh smiled slightly as he looked at his boss. This was the first time he saw Min Ho being so distracted during his working hours. His face was blooming and he was totally happy and madly in love. He never saw his boss acted like that before. He was happy for him.

“Hmmm… I was saying about our new skincare products. We need sajang-nim to make the final decision to choose the spoke person.” Secretary Oh replied.

Min Ho took a deep breath before he straightened himself up, closed the file in front of him and looked at Secretary Oh. “You can just decide for me. I have no idea who is the most famous star in South Korea now. You just choose whoever you think is the most suitable.” He smiled at him and the rest of the staffs. “Just carry on with the meeting. I have something urgent to rush and I will excuse for now. I’ll just leave all this to you guys. Fighting.”

Without waiting for them to reply, he stood up of his chair and quickly walked towards the door, leaving all the staffs in shock. This was the first time their CEO excused from an important meeting like that. This was the first time their CEO smiled at them and even cheers for them.

Secretary Oh smiled again before he continued the meeting with the staffs.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Eomma, Kim seonsaeng said I have improved a lot.” So Won said happily after she finished playing a song.

Shin Hye smiled at her. “Of course. My So Won is the smartest princess in the world.”

So Won giggled as she walked to Shin Hye and sit on her lap, wrapping her tiny arms around her neck. “Eomma, do you know how to play piano?”

Shin Hye shook her head. “Eomma is not feminine enough to play such a beautiful instrument. But eomma know how to play guitar. I used to play with my friends during my university time.”

“Jinjja?” So Won asked with her eyes widened in surprise.

Shin Hye laughed softly. “Why do you look so surprise?”

“Appa can play guitar too. He can play a lot of instruments. Piano, guitar and saxophone.” So Won said.

“Really?” Shin Hye smiled. “I didn’t know your appa is so talented. He was a top student, he is good in business, he is good in basketball, and he is good in riding horse too. And now you are telling me he is good in so many types of instruments.”

So Won nodded her head. “Really. Appa is very smart. He knows a lot of things.” She then tilted her head and smiled widely. “Appa have a guitar in the storage room. Let me go to take it.” She said and before Shin Hye could protest, she already ran towards the storage room.

Shin Hye laughed when she saw the tiny So Won holding a big guitar in her arms after few minutes. She took the guitar away from her as she sat back on the couch.

So Won took a seat beside her and looked at Shin Hye expectantly. “Eomma, play a song for So Won.”

Shin Hye chuckled. “Eomma have not been playing for almost 10 years. I’m not sure whether I still remember how to play or not.”

“It’s okay. Eomma just try.” So Won said.

Shin Hye smiled before taking the guitar as she positioned it between her arm and lap. “Okay, let eomma sing a song for So Won.” She inhaled a soft breath before she strummed her fingers on her guitar lightly; a sweet melody slowly filled the room. She moved her fingers against each strings as she started to sing. As she was singing, the memories that happened in these few months were like short films replaying in her mind.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

Maybe the wind pitied me and is crushingly embracing me
Maybe the wind wants to be friends and

 follows me because it’s always alone

 

No matter how much I smile, saying that I’m alright

 

So tell me a story So tell me your sadness
You shake up my heart, not leaving it alone
So tell me a story I know that you’re sorry
Knocking on my heart that even I hid from myself
So tell me a story


♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

----------

Shin Hye: “Yah! What are you doing? Let go of me.”

Min Ho: “Don’t act like you are the victim here. I hate you as much as you did.”

----------

So Won: “Eomma, let’s go home.”

Shin Hye: “No. Listen to me. I think we have a misunderstanding here. I’m not…”

So Won: “Eomma, don’t leave me. So Won love you.”

Shin Hye: “Eomma love you too. Sleep.”

----------

Min Ho: “I don’t mind if you want to stay here but let me warn you. Your life will be miserable if you stay. I will make sure you regret for everything you did and suffer badly in this house.”

Shin Hye: “I repeat. We have a misunderstanding. I’m not the person you thought I am. My name is…”

----------

So Won: “Eomma, let’s go away from here. So Won go away with eomma. We don’t stay here anymore. Ahjuhma was wrong. Appa don’t love you. He doesn’t love us. I saw him hurt you just now. I don’t want to stay here with him. I don’t want…”

Shin Hye: “Have you forgotten what I told you this afternoon? No matter what happened between eomma and appa, So Won cannot say something like this.”

----------

Shin Hye: “From the very beginning, from the moment you wanted to be with me, was it only because of my beautiful face?”

Min Ho: “It was because I love you. Please tell me you still feel the same.”

----------

So Won: “Eomma, you like rose?”

Shin Hye: “Because rose is a very beautiful flower and it was best use to represent woman. Just like our beautiful little lady here. You are as pretty as roses.”

Min Ho: “You are just like a rose. Indeed very beautiful but at the same time very dangerous too.”

Shin Hye: “Wae?”

Min Ho: “Because roses have thorns and it hurt when someone get too close. Just like you. So beautiful to look at, yet so painful to touch.”

----------

So Won: “I don’t understand. Why everyone have to leave one day? I won’t leave eomma. I won’t leave appa.”

Shin Hye: “I can’t promise you that I won’t leave you one day but no matter how long or how short I can stay here with So Won, I’ll always love you.”

----------

Min Ho: “Don’t go. Stay. So Won need you. I need you too.”  

Shin Hye: “I already told you I’m not her. The person that you and So Won need is not me. It’s my sister, Choi Yoon Suh. You have mistaken your feeling because of the same face.”

----------

Min Ho: “Why must you insist to leave when you know that you like me too? You are a smart and sensitive woman. You know it very clearly that my feelings for you have nothing to do with her. I admit that I was an idiot to find out the truth so late but the feelings that built inside of me have nothing to do with your face. You are the one who make me to fall in love with this face all over again.”

Shin Hye: “I told you this is not right. She just asked my help to take care of So Won but didn’t ask me to steal her husband away.”

Min Ho: “I will make that 7 weeks become 70 years.”

Shin Hye: “I don’t have that much time.”

----------

Min Ho: “Don’t go.”

Shin Hye: “You will regret if I really stay.”

Shin Hye: “Don’t fall in love with me.”

Min Ho: “It’s too late. I have already fallen deeply for you.”

----------

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

The wind passes by my eyes
Telling me to cry if I want to, pretending

 it’s the wind’s fault

 

No matter how much I say I’m alright

 

So tell me a story So tell me your sadness
You shake up my heart, not leaving it alone
So tell me a story I know that you’re sorry
Knocking on my heart that even I hid from myself
So tell me a story
♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

Min Ho got out off of his car and as he walked into the house, a sweet melody caught his attention. He froze in place when he saw Shin Hye sitting on the couch beside the piano, playing a guitar and singing, with So Won sitting near to her, both immersed in the song.

“Doryeonnim, you are back. You…” Ahjuhma quickly keep shut when Min Ho place his index finger on his lips, signalled her to stop talking.

He passed his briefcase to ahjuhma as he quietly walked nearer to them and stopped about 10 feet away from them. His lips curled into a smile as he took his phone out; trying to capture the beautiful scene he was watching now. He didn’t know Shin Hye can play guitar and sing so well. She always has something new to amaze him. Being with her was like living in surprises every day.

 

  ♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

So tell me a story So tell me your sadness
You tear up my heart, making me cry
So tell me a story I know that you’re sorry
You ask me about my sadness that is hidden behind the moonlight
That long story

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

Shin Hye put the guitar down after she finished playing and singing the song. Just then, her phone beeped. She took her phone out and read the message she received. She raised her brows in surprise when she saw the photo of her playing the guitar on her phone.

 

From: Min Ho

You looked breathtakingly beautiful when you are playing guitar.

 

She quickly looked up and she smiled shyly when she saw Min Ho standing not far away from her, looking at her with his handsome smile.

“Appa.” So Won called out when she saw Min Ho. She ran towards her father and wrapped her arms around him when he squatted down in front of her.

“Why did you come home so early today? Eomma said the dinner with her friends will only start at 7pm.” So Won asked.

Min Ho caressed her chubby cheek and smile. “Appa quickly finish all the works in the office so that I can come back earlier to accompany So Won and eomma.”

So Won smiled sweetly as she kissed her father’s face. “So Won love appa.”

Min Ho laughed. “Appa love So Won too.”

Shin Hye stood up of the couch and walked towards them. “Then who love eomma?”

So Won pulled away from Min Ho and looked up at Shin Hye. “So Won and appa love eomma too.”

Min Ho stood up and held Shin Hye’s hand, drawing her closer to him. “Of course I love you too.” He whispered into her ear, making her giggled.

“You are a big liar. You told me you were in a meeting just now. How can you finish your work so fast? You skipped your work again.” She whispered back as she hit his chest playfully.

Min Ho laughed. “I didn’t lie. I told you that I couldn’t concentrate. You were distracting me the whole morning. Especially the photo you sent to me.” He leaned forward and stole a kiss on her lips.

Shin Hye hit his chest again. “Yah, So Won is here.” She warned him softly.

Min Ho looked down at his daughter. “So Won, go to play with Sarang.” He said as he winked at her.

So Won laughed as she nodded her head, running to the garden looking for Sarang.

Min Ho turned back to Shin Hye and wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing her even closer to him now. He looked at her with his intense gaze. “I didn’t know you can sing so well. You can even play guitar.”

Shin Hye smiled at him. “I used to play with some friends during my university time.”

Min Ho nodded. “The song is very nice. You are so talented. You shouldn’t be a lawyer. You should be a singer instead.”

Shin Hye laughed. “I’m too smart not to be a lawyer.”

Min Ho stole another kiss from her and looked into her eyes. “Have you taken your medicine? Did you vomit?” He asked with concern.

Shin Hye sighed softly. “You have already asked me in the text message just now.” She shook her head. “I’ve taken about 4 hours ago. I don’t feel nausea after my lunch. I think my body have slowly adjusted to the medicine. I feel so much better now. Seung Heon oppa said I just need to continue for another one month before I can stop the therapy and see how it goes. He is monitoring my condition. You don’t need to worry.”

Min Ho pursed his lips as he nodded, looking down.

Shin Hye noticed his changes and grinned. She circled her arms around his neck and stared into his eyes. “Is that jealousy that I saw in your eyes?” She asked softly.

Min Ho sighed. “I just feel useless.”

Shin Hye cupped his face, pulling him closer to her. “How can you feel like that? Without you, I won’t even consider to go for the treatment. Before I met you, I just planned to go back to Jeju Island and spend my remaining time with my father. But because of you, I’m fighting the cancer in my body now. Because of you, I want to stay longer.” She kissed his lips gently before she continued again. “You are not useless. You are the reason for me to stay strong.” She whispered.

Min Ho looked at her. “You are right. I’m jealous.” He admitted honestly. “I feel threatened when there is a man that loves you so much can help you but I couldn’t do anything.”

Shin Hye let out a soft sigh. “Seung Heon oppa is helping me as a doctor. He knows how I feel about him and how I feel about you. I just treat him like a friend, a doctor or a brother. But as for you…” She smiled and pressed herself tightly against his chest. “… you are the love of my life.”

Min Ho’s lips curled up into a wide smile. “You have turned into a sweet-talker now.”

Shin Hye laughed. “I learned it from you.” She then narrowed her eyes at him. “Are you sure you will be alright with the dinner tonight? Seung Heon oppa will be here too.”

Min Ho sighed deeply before he pulled her into his embrace. “Even if I’m not comfortable with his existence, I still have to treat him nicely because the love of my life is in his hand now.”

Shin Hye laughed again and hugged him back tightly. She could already imagine the dinner tonight will be a challenging one.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

  

“Shin Hye-ah, I miss you so much.” Jin Se Yeon threw herself into Shin Hye’s arms once she entered Min Ho’s house.

Shin Hye laughed softly at her best friend as she smiled at Jo In Sung and Song Seung Heon who was standing behind Se Yeon. “I miss you too.” She said.

Se Yeon pulled away and scanned her best friend from top to toe. “Are you okay? Seung Heon oppa said you are doing well with the therapy.”

Shin Hye nodded. “Yes, I’m doing fine.” She then turned to Min Ho who was standing at the side, looking at them.

“Oppa, let me introduce you to my childhood best friend. Please meet Se Yeon.” She said to him.

Min Ho walked nearer to them and nodded politely at her. “Se Yeon-sshi, nice meeting you. I’m glad you could make it for the dinner tonight.”

Se Yeon nodded and smiled at him. “You must be the handsome boyfriend that Shin Hye was hiding all these while.”

“Yah, Jin Se Yeon.” Shin Hye glared at her best friend.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter