Why?

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: Because We Are Two by Eru (credit to owner)

 

“Since you are not interested with my money and wanted to become a responsible mother…” Lee Min Ho paused as he leaned forward, brushed his nose gently along her jawline. “… you might as well be a responsible wife too.” He whispered into her ear.

Park Shin Hye gasped in shocked as she widened her eyes. Even though she was already 28 years old, a matured grown up woman, but this was the first time she being so close with a man. She can’t stop herself from getting nervous and she was only able to stare at him, froze in place.

Min Ho felt her tiny body tensed up underneath him. Something was not right here, he thought. He inhaled deeply and he finally found the difference. Her scent. She didn’t wear any perfume like she used to be today. The scent on her was so fresh and sweet, it smelled natural. He pulled back slightly as he took a clearer look at her. He started with her lips. She didn’t wear any lipstick today. Her lips were soft, moisture in cherry pink. Her cheeks were flawless smooth, paler than usual but she is definitely blushing now and that was weird. Except for the first 3 years, he had never seen her blush anymore. As he continued to gaze upward, their eyes locked at each other. No eyeliner, no mascara was seen in those big and beautiful eyes. And the gaze, he remembered he saw it before, very long time before. This gaze, these eyes was the only thing that captured his heart, his love, his life. This was strange. She usually wouldn’t let her face without any makeup. And she always makes sure her whole body was covered with the expensive branded perfume scent. 

He felt the beat of Shin Hye’s heart against his chest as well as the sound of his heart echoing in his ears. He found himself unable to tear his gaze away from her. Without realizing it, he loosened the grip on her hands that were still pinned above her head as he brought his other hand up, his fingers slowly trailed along her cheek gently. He has no idea what bring her back to this house again but the woman he was looking now, he was very sure he love her, want her. He thought that this look of her has long gone but the feeling he had for her since the first time he met her was back again. Even after what she has done, he hates himself for having this kind of reaction towards her. His gaze slowly dropped to her lips again. He leaned down and just before his lips was about to touch hers, he stopped by her voice.

“Let me remind you.” Shin Hye said, her voice slightly quavered. “I know a husband has a right to demand with his wife and that a wife must be ually submissive to her husband in all respects. If you insist to perform these non-consensual ual acts that include , or oral , forced ual behaviour against my will, it’s consider as degrading, humiliating, painful and unwanted. I can sue you under the charge of marital . Any unwanted ual acts by a spouse committed without consent, obtained by force, intimidation are considered as ual abuse. It is against the law. I advise you to think wisely before you act.” Shin Hye said, trying to sound firm. Her eyes were looking straight into his. “My strength might not as strong as you but if you dare to do anything against my will, I swear to god that I wouldn’t let you go.”     

Min Ho pulled back slightly and was stunned for a moment at what she just said. As what he knows about Yoon Suh, she wouldn’t have said those words. Not because she doesn’t dare but she doesn’t have the knowledge to do so. After she graduated high school, she married him almost immediately. She never has interest in studies. She might be very pretty and gentle in a way that every man that saw her will froze for a moment but she is definitely not smart. She did amaze him with what she just said.  

A sudden anger rise up to his chest with his pupils dilated to extreme stare into hers. His hand that was still holding onto her wrists tightened and it make his lips curled into a satisfying smirk when he heard her winced in pain. At the same time, he was actually smirking at himself. What make him think that she will change and become the girl he used to love? He was just dreaming, he realized. She doesn’t love him or she never had loved him. She just loves his money.  

“Don’t overestimate yourself. You have nothing left to trigger my appetite to want you anymore. I have no interest in something that has been stained.” He said with a humiliation tone.

Shin Hye glared at him angrily. “You are such a big jerk. No wonder your wife and your daughter hate you so much. You are… ahhh…” She winced when she felt the painful pressure on her wrists.

“You better keep your little mouth shut before I tear it apart.” Min Ho threatened her through gritted teeth.

“Eomma!”

Both of them turned their head to the door when they heard So Won’s voice. She was running towards the bed and when she stopped beside them, she pushed Min Ho with her full strength.

“Go away! Don’t touch eomma!” She shouted between sobs. She was crying.

Min Ho was startled by her as he quickly released Shin Hye’s hands, pulled away from her and got up of the bed.

Shin Hye was shocked too as she quickly pulled herself up into a sitting position, embraced So Won into her arms.

So Won cried hardly in her embrace as her eyes were still glaring at Min Ho. “Why must you treat eomma like this? So Won hate you, hate you!”

Shin Hye turned to Min Ho and she saw a painful expression crossed his face. She sighed as she tightened her arms around So Won and her hair gently. “So Won is a good girl. Don’t cry.”

So Won looked up at Shin Hye and more tears rolled down her cheeks. “Eomma, let’s go away from here. So Won go away with eomma. We don’t stay here anymore. Ahjuhma was wrong. Appa don’t love you. He doesn’t love us. I saw him hurt you just now. I don’t want to stay here with him. I don’t want…”

“So Won.” Shin Hye cut her off. She glanced at Min Ho who looked hurt standing at the side before looking back at So Won. “Have you forgotten what I told you this afternoon? No matter what happened between eomma and appa, So Won cannot say something like this.”

So Won bit her lip as she nodded her head. Tears were still flowing down.

Shin Hye wiped her tears away with her thumbs. “Don’t cry. Go to say sorry to your appa.”

So Won slowly pulled away from Shin Hye and walked to Min Ho. Her head was held low. “I-I’m sorry, appa.”

Min Ho looked down at her daughter for a long while before he heaved a deep sigh, averted his gaze. “If you think leaving with your mother will be happier, then leave.” He said in a painful tone and before anybody could react, he marched to the door and stepped out of the room.

Shin Hye stood up. “Min…” It was too late, Min Ho already gone. She started to regret with her damn decision to help her sister. She was only a lawyer. Everything she learned all these years was law, law and law. She doesn’t have any experience to be a mother or a wife. How can she handle a family especially a broken one? She wonders what she got herself into. She sighed heavily.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

The wind blows a sweet gentle breeze against Shin Hye face as she swung slowly on the swing in the garden. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. A smile spread across her face when the nice scent of the flowers in the garden filled her senses. She opened her eyes and looked around the big garden in front of the beautiful big white house. She realized spring has finally arrived and chased away the winter’s chill. There were flowers blooming everywhere in the garden, and small animals and birds had made their homes there.

It has been a week since the incident that happened in Min Ho’s room. She has not seen him since then. Ahjuhma told her that he came back very late every night and went to the office very early every morning. Shin Hye was sure he is trying to avoid her and So Won. She couldn’t forget that hurtful expression she saw on his face that night. It must be very sad when he heard So Won said those words to him. She sighed. At first, she wasn’t interested in what really happened between him and her sister. She stayed because of So Won. Since it’s only 3 months, she wanted to help her and at the same time she can also experience to be a mother, a character that she no longer have the chance to be anymore. But she never thought it would be so complicated. It must be her sickness that makes her hormone imbalance and indirectly make her brain become stupid.

“Agasshi.”

Shin Hye turned to the side when she heard ahjuhma’s voice. She was walking towards the swing with a cup in her hand.

“This is the jasmine tea you wanted.” The older woman handed the cup to Shin Hye.

 Shin Hye smiled up at her. “Thank you.”

“Agasshi looked really different now. Last time you used to hate flora tea very much. You said you hate the smell of flowers. You said wine is much more delicious than those teas.” Ahjuhma said with a smile.

Shin Hye looked at her curiously. “My sis…” She bit her lip. “I mean I don’t like flowers last time?”

Ahjuhma shook her head. “You hate it. Every time doryeonnim asked you to test and smell the new flora perfume sample from his company, your face will turned sour. You hate to come here. Every time So Won agasshi asked you to accompany her to play in the garden, you will scold her and said the garden have a lot of mosquitos, insects and you hate the scent of the flowers. You always fight with doryeonnim because of this garden. You want him to turn this garden to a big swimming pool.”

Shin Hye smiled softly. After being here for a week, after hearing what So Won and ahjuhma describe about her sister, she slowly understand a little bit about her. Although they are twin sister but everything about them were so different. Of course she like jewelleries, nice bags nice clothes too but not to the extent that can make her happy and jump in joy. She is not gentle. People who worked for her will know how harsh she can be when it comes to work. She doesn’t afraid being lonely. She can stay at home alone for the whole day without talking to anyone, just reading her law books. She will try her best to avoid any night entertainment with her clients because she hates the smell of alcohol and smokes. She likes flowers especially the fresh and sweet scent from it.

Her gaze slowly moved to So Won who was playing in the garden. And she doesn’t hate children. She always thought having a child is a blessing. She was too immersed into her work in the past. She regretted for neglected her life and family because of her career. It was too late now for the desire to have a family. Her hand slowly moved to her abdomen. She smiled sadly. It was too late.

She turned back to ahjuhma. “What time doryeonnim came back last night?” She asked. Although she don’t really like this man but he was still So Won’s father, her sister’s husband. And she felt bad for everything that happened between them. She doesn’t know why he hate her sister so much but she know he love So Won. She can see it through his eyes.

Ahjuhma sighed. “He came back around 3am. When I woke up at 5am this morning, I saw the lights in his study room were still on. And then he went out at 7am. He has been like that for the whole week. I hardly see him sleep.” She took a step closer and pursed her lips. “Agasshi, should you talk to him? I’m worried that he couldn’t stand any longer. He will fall sick if he continues like that.”

Shin Hye looked at her and let out a helpless smile. “I’ll try to talk to him if I see him.”

“Ahhhhhh!!!”

Just before ahjuhma could reply her, So Won’s scream startled both of them. Shin Hye quickly stood up of the swing when she saw So Won running towards her, crying.

So Won wrapped her tiny arms around Shin Hye and buried her face against her stomach.

“What happened?” Shin Hye asked worriedly.

“Caterpillar.” She mumbled.

Shin Hye looked around. “Caterpillar? Where?”

So Won pointed at the tree not far away from the swing.

Shin Hye held her hand and pulled her towards the tree. She squatted down beside the tree and saw a tiny green caterpillar crawling on the leave. Shin Hye plucked the leave off and brought it nearer to So Won.

“Eomma…” So Won looked at the caterpillar and then hide behind Shin Hye in horror.

Shin Hye laughed at her reaction. “Wae? You scared? So Won is so big and this caterpillar are so small. How can you scared of it?”

So Won looked at Shin Hye in confusion. “Eomma hate insects the most.”

“Hate? Why do I hate it?” She put the leave down on the ground as she took a small branch at the side and gently touched the caterpillar with it. After a while, something red appeared on the caterpillar’s body. Shin Hye turned to So Won and smiled. “So Won, try to smell.”

So Won leaned down and inhaled a soft breath. She quickly covered her nose with her tiny hand with her face twisted. “Very smelly.”

Shin Hye laughed looking at her cute expression. “Caterpillar produced bad smell to protect themselves from enemy. It might look slightly scary now but when it turn into a butterfly, it will be very beautiful.”

So Won nodded her head. “Butterfly is very beautiful. I saw them flying around the flowers. I always wanted to see them but you don’t like to come out here with me. You said the insects here are very irritating. So Won is very happy today because eomma accompany me here.” She smiled sweetly.

Shin Hye pinched her nose softly. “Eomma was a scary cat last time. But I grow up now. I’m not scared of it anymore. Eomma promise So Won that I’ll bring you out here every evening before dinner, okay?”

So Won nodded and smiled happily. Just when she wants to wrapped her arms around Shin Hye, her smile faded when she saw Min Ho standing not far away from them, looking at them quietly.

Shin Hye followed her gaze and her eyes slightly widened when her eyes met Min Ho’s gaze. Ahjuhma was right. He looked very tired. The dark circle under his eyes was the proof that he didn’t really sleep for the past one week. She slowly stood up and let out a slight smile at him.

“You are early today.” She broke the silence first.

Min Ho doesn’t reply her and just kept quiet. His gaze slowly moved to So Won and his brows creased when she hide behind Shin Hye, looking scared.

Shin Hye saw the pain in his eyes again. She turned to her back and looked down at So Won. “So Won-ah, you should greet your appa.”

So Won looked down and bit her lip. “A-Appa…” She murmured very softly.

Min Ho looked at his daughter and nodded his head softly.

Ahjuhma saw the awkwardness between them and quickly walked towards Shin Hye and So Won. “So Won agasshi, it’s time for your shower. Let’s go. Don’t disturb your appa and eomma.” She said as she held So Won’s hand before looking at Shin Hye. “Talk to him.” She whispered. She pulled So Won with her and slowly walked into the house.

After they were gone, Min Ho wanted to follow but before he could walk further, his steps were stopped by Shin Hye’s voice.

“You should come back earlier, like today. So Won need you and…” She paused before looking at him. “… you need some sleep. You looked tired.”

Min Ho stood beside her and chuckled. “I’m fine. And So Won already have you. She doesn’t need me.” He said coldly and when he was about to walk away, Shin Hye held his arm and he stopped again.

“So Won need a father too.” She said.

Min Ho heaved a deep sigh before turning to her and stared into her eyes. “She needs a mother more. She said it out loud and clear the other night. She doesn’t need a father.”

Shin Hye’s brows furrowed together. “How can you say that? Every child needs their parents. No matter what happened to the adults, you shouldn’t drag the child into this.”

Min Ho yanked her hand away from his arm and looked at Shin Hye with a disbelief gaze. “Who are you?”

His sudden question startled Shin Hye. Did he find out? She asked herself silently.

“How can you still sound like you are a victim and innocent after everything you have done?” Min Ho paused as he scanned her from top to toe. “Do you think after you change the way you dressed, straightened your hair, changed your appearance and you will change to a different person? All these are just outlook, packaging. It doesn’t change anything.”

It was that pain again she saw in his eyes now. She doesn’t know why but she felt a pang in her heart whenever she saw that gaze. Curiosity was scratching her inside, dying to know what had her sister done that make the man in front hate her so much.

She looked away from him. “I’m sorry about that night. I’m sorry that you have to hear what So Won said about leaving with me. She is just a child. She doesn’t mean what she said. She was just frightened.” Shin Hye tried to explain.

Min Ho exhaled sharply. “Do you think I care?”

“Yes you care.” Shin Hye said.

She looked into his eyes and stepped closer. “If you don’t care, you wouldn’t feel sad when So Won said she rather run away with me than stay with you. If you don’t care, you wouldn’t look so hurt when So Won hide behind me just now when she saw you.”

Shin Hye sighed deeply before she continued. “As I said earlier, I’m not interested about what happened between you and… me. I just care about So Won. I know how important work is for you but you shouldn’t neglect her as well. She needs you. She needs a healthy family to grow up.”

Min Ho narrowed his eyes at her. “Do you think she could still grow up healthily with the relationship between us like this?”

Shin Hye pursed her lips. “What exactly happened to… us?” She asked softly.

Min Ho’s jaws clenched together. The gaze in her eyes, he wanted to believe that every word that she said was sincere and the woman that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter