Be Mine

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: Like A Star by Taeyeon and The One (credit to owner)

 

Lee Min Ho slowly came awake when the feel of warm sunlight streaming in from the curtain. His lips curled into a satisfying smile when he smelled the familiar sweet addicting scent invaded into his senses. The softness that his arms were embracing now makes him wanted to stay like this forever. He nuzzled his nose against whichever part he could reach and his smile widened when he heard Shin Hye sighed softly.

Still with his eyes closed, Min Ho greeted her softly. “Good morning.” He tightened his arms around her when his greeting was replied by silence. He figured she might be embarrassed and shy with what happened to them last night or too tired to even speak. His grin grew even wider now when he thought about last night. He has to really thank Shin Hye’s best friend, Jin Se Yeon who supplied a sufficient amount of protections for them to use last night. He must have drained her very badly with his unbelievable desire. He couldn’t believe he can be so energetic and… hungry. The last time he checked the clock before both of them drifted off to sleep was already 4am. He just couldn’t keep his hands off her.

Min Ho buried his face into her neck, his lips roaming over her smooth skin. “Are you feeling sore or…” He almost laughs when he felt her palm covered his mouth, doesn’t let him to finish what he was about to say.

Another sigh was heard before Shin Hye spoke. “O-Oppa… we should wake up now…” Her voice was very soft. In fact, she was whispering to him.

Min Ho shook his head like a small little boy who refuse to follow his mother’s instruction. “I want to stay like this longer.”

“Hehehe…”

Min Ho smiled at the cute laughter but then, the smile on his face slowly faded. Shin Hye doesn’t laugh like that. His brows slightly furrowed as he slowly opened his eyes. It took him a short moment to adjust his eyes because of the bright lights. When his vision was fully restored, he saw Shin Hye biting her lower lip, looking at him with her face blushed a crimson red.  

Shin Hye freed her bottom lip as she pointed to the front with her index finger, signalling Min Ho to look at the front.

Min How was confused as he slowly turned his body over.

So Won smiled at her father sweetly as she waved her small little hand at him. She was sitting on the edge of the bed, in the center, right in between their legs.

“Good morning, appa.”

Min Ho’s eyes widened in total shock as he quickly let go of Shin Hye and pulled the comforter higher to cover his bare chest.

“Y-Yah, Lee So Won. W-What are you doing here?” Min Ho almost shouted.

Shin Hye moved slightly to the side before she pulled herself up into a sitting position, looking extremely embarrassed. Her face was burning hot. But what kill her more was her sore body. She felt like her whole body was almost torn apart last night. This ridiculous man beside her can be really annoying. His appetite was annoyingly big. Although she was not now and still wearing her nightgown, she still pulled the comforter to cover herself. The way Min Ho kissed her last night, there must be some marks left on her smooth white skin. She sighed silently.  

“It’s almost 10am now. Although today is weekend but appa and eomma normally wake up before 8am every morning.” So Won replied as she pouted her lips slightly, caressed her own stomach with her hands. “So Won is very hungry. I waited so long for appa and eomma in the dining room just now.

Shin Hye bit her lower lip again before she glared at Min Ho.

He let out a soft sigh before he smiled awkwardly at his daughter. “Okay, okay. Give us another 30 minutes. We will get up now and clean ourselves before we go down.”

So Won widened her eyes now. “Still need to wait for another 30 minutes? Why must appa and eomma take so long? You just need to brush your teeth, right?”

Min Ho sighed again. “We need to take our shower my dear So Won.”

So Won tilted her head to the side. “Appa and eomma shower together?”

Shin Hye’s face grew even redder now.

It was Min Ho’s turn to bite his lip, thinking a way to throw his daughter out of the room. “Yah, Lee So Won. If you still continue to ask your endless questions, we are going to have our lunch instead of breakfast. Wait for us downstairs.” He said as he pulled himself up into a sitting position too.

So Won pouted her lips again. “Yes, appa.” She replied and as she was about to climb down from the bed, something on the bed sheet caught her attention and stopped her movement.

“Eo?” She then looked up at Shin Hye. “Eomma, is this your blood? Why are you bleeding?” She asked innocently.

Min Ho and Shin Hye both turned to the place where So Won pointed. There were few small drops of dried blood stained on the bed sheet.  

“Damn it.” Min Ho cursed silently as he massaged his temple. This young little lady was driving him crazy early in the morning.

Shin Hye quickly used the comforter to cover up the bed sheet and cleared awkwardly. “H-Hmmm… t-that was…” She bit her lip, trying hard to find an excuse.

“Lee So Won, you should go out now.” Min Ho said with a threatening tone.

So Won ignored her father as she moved forward and was now straddling Shin Hye’s lap.

Shin Hye leaned against the headboard and sighed with the uncomfortable feeling. Her body was still sore and with So Won’s weight on her lap now, the pain was more obvious. 

So Won cupped Shin Hye’s cheek and pressed her forehead against hers. “Is eomma sick? Are you having a fever? Why is eomma’s face so red and warm?” She asked again.

Min Ho noticed the discomfort on Shin Hye’s face. Her petite body must be suffering after what he did to her last night. He inhaled sharply and couldn’t hold it anymore. He pulled the comforter away and held So Won into his arms, got up from the bed together.

So Won was frightened. “Appa, what are you doing?”

“I’m going to throw you outside now.” Min Ho said as he walked towards the door.

Shin Hye laughed at them.

Min Ho opened the door and put So Won down, outside the room. Min Ho inhaled a deep breath, looking at his daughter. “Go down now, young lady.”

So Won’s lips were fully pouted. After a while, she stuck her tongue out at Min Ho before she ran away.

“Yah, Lee So Won! What’s that? How can you do that to your appa? Who teach you that? Yah!” Min Ho shouted from behind.

“You only have 25 minutes left.” So Won laughed cheekily as she quickened her pace and lost in sight within seconds.

“Ahhh jinja… I’m going to kill you later.” He closed the door and locked it this time to prevent his daughter coming back to disturb them again. He turned around and made his way back to the bed. “Remind me to lock the door tonight.”

Shin Hye smiled at him. “You looked helpless in front of your daughter.” She .

Min Ho climbed over to her and pulled her into his embrace. He kissed her forehead gently. “I’m always helpless when it comes to both of you.” He stole another kiss before he continued. “This is not what I imagine for the morning after our first night. It supposed to be very romantic. Aishhh… this young lady ruined everything.”

Shin Hye laughed as she hit his chest softly.

Min Ho tightened his arms around her. “Still sore?” He asked.

Shin Hye’s face blushed again and buried her face into his neck. She nodded softly.

“Do you feel unwell anywhere? Is there any pain in your abdomen?” Min Ho started to panic. He was completely carried away last night and forgotten that she was still under the therapy. She can’t be too tired or do anything aggressive. Last night was too heavy for her. He quickly pulled her away and scanned her from top to toe. “Don’t lie to me. I saw your face turned pale just now when So Won sits on your lap. And that blood. Was that something related to your… hmmm…”

Shin Hye cupped his face and leaned forward, shutting him up with her lips.

Min Ho blinked his eyes several times before he moved his hand to her nape, pulling her closer to him. He closed his eyes and groaned into when Shin Hye pushed him lightly backward until his back was leaned against the head board. She moved closer to him without breaking their kiss, straddling his lap and kissing him deeply. His breathing turned ragged as his hands naughtily slipped under her nightgown, taking her soft s in his hand. 

Shin Hye moaned as she pulled away from his lips, trailing very soft torturing kisses down to his jawline and the soft flesh under his ear. “I’m sore because that was my first time last night…” She whispered breathlessly. “… and you can’t seem to stop even when I was almost passed out.” She took his earlobe into and nibbled it softly, causing him to gasp heavily.

“And that blood…” Shin Hye continued as she kissed her way down to his neck. “… you know it very clearly where it came from…” She whispered again as she on his throbbing pulse.

Min Ho parted his lips slightly and his greedy hands continued to caress every part of her body. “Gosh, you are killing me softly.” But then, Shin Hye suddenly pulled away from him and looked at him. His chest was moving up and down, panting heavily for air, looking slightly frustrated and fully aroused by what she did a while ago.

Shin Hye smiled. This was really a good way to make him stop worrying about her. It was very easy to distract him with her seduction. “I’ll use the bathroom first. We have less than 20 minutes before So Won barge in again.”

Min Ho widened his eyes. “WHAT? You are going to leave me hanging like this?” He narrowed his eyes at her. “You are teasing me.” He pulled her waist, bringing her closer to him. “How can you be so cruel to me after what I had prepared for you yesterday?”

Shin Hye giggled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. “I’m still sore, remember? I can’t go for another round even if I want to help you.” She .

Min Ho’s brows creased as he exhaled sharply, silently cursing inside. She shouldn’t have seduced him if she knows they can’t have another round.

Shin Hye laughed looking at his reaction. “Don’t worry. I know you can settle it yourself.”

“Meo? Settle it myself? You are kidding, right.” He glared at her.

She laughed even louder now as she pinched his nose softly. She leaned down to kiss his pouted lips before she whispered into his ear. “Even if I can and willing to help you, I don’t think you have enough supply.”

Min Ho stared at her in confusion. “What supply?”

“You should stock up your protections supply.” She whispered as she mouthed the word ‘’ at him. She giggled again looking at her man’s cute expression.

Min Ho smiled as he tugged the loose strands of hair behind her ear gently. “I’m willing to give up anything just to hear your beautiful laughter every day.”

Shin Hye felt tickling butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She pressed her forehead against his and looked deep into his eyes. “I’m willing to give up anything just to stay like this with you every day.”

Min Ho kissed her lips softly and smiled again. “Park Shin Hye, you are mine.”

Shin Hye smiled too. “Yes, yours.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Eomma, why are there so many roses in the living room?” So Won asked as she put a small piece of sausage into .

Shin Hye stopped chewing and smiled. “You should ask your appa.”

Min Ho turned to his daughter. “I bought it for your eomma. Wae?”

So Won tilted her head. “Why did you buy roses for eomma? We have plenty in our garden.”

Min Ho sighed. “Why is my princess asked so many questions today? Do you expect appa to pluck the roses from the garden and give it to your eomma? That is so not romantic.” He chuckled at his daughter. “You won’t understand now.”

So Won turned back to Shin Hye and asked. “Eomma, what is romantic?”

Shin Hye laughed softly as she put down the fork and knife. “Hmmm… romantic is something that can make us felt happy and touched when someone you love does something special for you. It depends how you think about it. Most important is the person who does that kind of special things for you is someone u love and love you back. If that person is someone you love and special to you, even a stalk of rose can make you feel romantic.” She explained as she glanced at Min Ho and smiled meaningfully at him.

So Won nodded her head slowly. “I think So Won understand now. When Do Woo Jin gave me a rose I’m very happy too.”

Min Ho’s brows furrowed together as he immediately put his fork and knife down, looking at So Won seriously. “Who is Do Woo Jin?”

“My classmate. We sit together in the class. He gave me a red rose during my birthday last year and he said we will get married when we grow up.” So Won said innocently.

Min Ho’s widened his eyes and for a moment, his throat was stuck and no words came out. He took his glass and chugged the orange juice in one go. He then turned to Shin Hye and asked. “You are a lawyer, right. Can I sue that Do…” He bit his lip. “Can I sue that little punk for verbal harassment on my daughter?”

Shin Hye laughed loudly. “Yah, are you crazy? And don’t call your daughter’s friend a punk. You should watch your manner and what’s wrong with that? They are just kids.”

Min Ho sneered. “Kids? If he is only just a kid he won’t say something like that. What he know about marriage? He is only 8 years old.”

Shin Hye chuckled. “You were only 14 years old when you fell in love with me. I thought you said I’m your true love.”

“That was different. 14 are old enough to know what love is.” Min Ho said defensively.

“I was only 12 at that time.” Shin Hye argued back.

“But they are only 8 now.” Min Ho said as he let out a frustrated sigh. “What is wrong with the kids nowadays?”

“Why can’t I marry Do Woo Jin?” So Won asked her father.

Min Ho massaged his temples and looked helpless. “Lee So Won, appa worked so hard to raise you up and just because that pu…” He paused when Shin Hye glared at him. He cleared his throat before he continued. “And just because he gave you a rose and you want to marry him? Don’t you think it’s too easy for him? You are Lee Min Ho’s daughter, okay. You are the heiress of Venus Corporation. Your future husband has to be at least… at least a prince.”

Shin Hye looked at him in disbelief. “What? A prince? Chamna… then why didn’t you get yourself a princess last time?”

“I have got myself a princess. She is having breakfast with me now.” Min Ho replied instantly.

Shin Hye’s lips immediately curled into a sweet smile.

“Appa, is that why eomma didn’t want to marry appa even after appa gave her so many roses? She is still looking for a prince?” So Won asked again.

Shin Hye laughed so hard that her eyes started to tear up. “Good one, So Won.”

So Won was laughing too.

“Aishhh…” Min Ho frowned and glared at his daughter. “At first appa was thinking to bring you to Jeju Island to visit harabeoji during your school holiday next month but now, I think change my mind.”  

So Won widened her eyes as she stopped laughing. She quickly stood up of her chair and ran towards Min Ho. She linked her tiny hands around her father’s arm. “Appa, please don’t be angry with So Won. I want to go Jeju Island to see harabeoji. Appa please…”

Min Ho looked away and pretends to be angry.

“Appa… please… pretty please…” So Won begged him with her puppy eyes.

Min Ho grinned as he looked at her. “Can but with one condition.”

“What condition?” So Won asked.

“Tell appa you love Do Woo Jin more or love appa more?”

Shin Hye chuckled and shook her head. “Very matured, Lee Min Ho.”

“Of course appa. So Won love appa the most.” So Won answered him as she tiptoed and kissed his cheek. “So Won love appa.”

Min Ho laughed happily as he pulled So Won’s tiny body into his arms. “Okay, we will be going to Jeju Island next month.” He then turned to Shin Hye and stuck his tongue at her.

Shin Hye rolled her eyes and sneered. “This namja.” But then she smiled silently. She was grateful that Min Ho has plan the trip to Jeju Island for them. She missed her father very much too.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------


Song Seung Heon turned the viewer light off and took Shin Hye’s CT scan film, walking back to his table. He sat down and put the film on the table before he looked up at Min Ho and Shin Hye.

“How is it?” Min Ho asked nervously.

Shin Hye turned to him and she sighed silently when she saw his hand shaking slightly under the table. She moved her hand to his and squeezed it softly, trying to calm him down. He didn’t sleep for the whole night, worrying the result of the scan today. After the CT scan, they will know whether the therapy that was using on her is effective or not.

“You have been on Votrient for 3 months.” Seung Heon begins. “As what I see here, the tumour in your kidney has been shrinking since the therapy.” He then turned to Min Ho. “Its good news.”

Min Ho froze for a moment before he grasped tightly onto Shin Hye’s hand and swallowed hard. “I-Is… is… is that means she will stay alive?” Please say yes.

Seung Heon smiled warmly at him as he nodded his head. “Looking at her condition now, it’s very positive.”

Min Ho exhaled sharply and only realized he have been holding his breath since just now.

“Votrient seems working effectively on Shin Hye.” Seung Heon continued as he turned to her. “Is there still any severe side effects? Any abdominal pain lately?”

Shin Hye shook her head. “The worst side effects I encountered were vomiting, get tired and bruised easily. But since one month ago, all those have lessen and I didn’t even vomit for about 2 weeks. The first few weeks when I started with Votrient, I still feel abdomen pain but after that not anymore.”

Seung Heon nodded. “It’s good. It means your body adjusted well with the drug and since you responded so well on Votrient, I will let you continue with that for now. But you will still need to come back once every two weeks for check-up. I need to monitor closely on your condition.”

“If she continues and everything goes well, do you think the tumour will completely gone?” Min Ho asked expectantly.

“No. It won’t disappear but if the tumour could shrink further, then there will be a chance that Shin Hye could undergo a surgery and remove it. Cancer cannot fully be cured especially she is at stage 4 but we can control it if it didn’t turn into too malignant.” He sighed softly. “Let’s not get excited too early because there is still a long way to go. Her condition might look positive now but it doesn’t mean her cancer is fully in controlled yet. Just let her continue with Votrient for another 3 months and we will see how it goes.”

Shin Hye caressed Min Ho’s hand when she saw the creases formed on his forehead. “Don’t worry. At least it’s better now. I have confident that I will live longer than the 10 months that is still remaining in my life.” She then turned to Seung Heon. “Am I right, Seung Heon oppa?” She looked at him meaningfully, as if begging him to say yes. 

Seung Heon sighed silently before looking at Min Ho. “Don’t worry. Shin Hye is very strong. She already won the first round of the battle. She will continue to win as long as we are all here fighting with her, have confident in her. As I said earlier, you don’t need to do anything else except staying by her side and love her full heartedly. The rest just leave it to me.”

Min Ho pursed his lips. He can’t stop himself from feeling appreciate and respect with this man in front of him. How can he love someone with such a generous heart and without asking for any return? He inhaled a deep breath before smiled at him.

“Thank you.” He said. It was simple but full of sincerity.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

One month later…

 

“Harabeoji!!!” So Won jumped out of the car immediately after it stopped and shouted very loudly when she saw Park Soon Jae coming out from the house.

He let out a big smile as his arms spread widely, waiting for his sweetie pie to jump into his embrace. “So Won-ah…”

So Won run towards him and wrapped her tiny arms around his waist and smiled happily. “Harabeoji, So Won miss you so much.”

Park Soon Jae laughed. “Harabeoji miss you very much too. Let harabeoji take a good look at So Won.” He said as he pulled back slightly and scanned her little face. “Wahhh… our So Won become more and more beautiful now.”

So Won smiled cutely at him. “Of course. So Won look exactly like eomma. Eomma is a beautiful goddess.”

Park Soon Jae looked up when he heard Shin Hye’s laughing softly from behind.

“Since when my So Won become a sweet talker huh?” Shin Hye said as she walked towards them with Min Ho holding her hand. She then looked at her father and smiled. “Appa…”

There were tears welling in Park Soon Jae’s eyes the moment he saw his daughter. So Won pulled away from him and walked to her father.

Shin Hye let go of Min Ho’s hand as she stepped forward, hugged her father tightly. “Appa, I miss you.”

Park Soon Jae smiled with his teary eyes as he her back softly. “Appa miss you too.” He then pulled away from her and caressed her cheeks. He smiled again. “You looked so much better now. Are you okay with the therapy? Can you handle the side effects?” He asked.

Shin Hye held her father’s hand and nodded. “I’m more than okay. The doctor said the tumour in my kidney is shrinking. The therapy is working perfectly on me. The side effects are getting lesser and lesser.”

“Good, good. Your mother must have heard my praying. She must have been watching over you from heaven. You will be alright.” Park Son Jae squeezed her hands softly.

Min Ho stepped forward and bowed politely at Park Soon Jae. “Hi abeonim. It’s good to see you again.”

Park Soon Jae let go of Shin Hye’s hands and moved closer to Min Ho. He smiled warmly at him and patted his arms. “Thank you, son. You keep your promise and bring back a healthier and stronger daughter to me.”

He let out a humble smile. “She is not only your precious daughter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter