Fight or To Give In

Love For The Twinflower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9 years ago…

 

Choi Yoon Suh helped Min Ho to adjust his tie before she looked up at her husband. “Oppa, will you be coming back early tonight?” She asked expectantly.

Min Ho sighed softly as he caressed her cheek lovingly. “You know I just took over the CEO position and I really need to spend more time to catch up a lot of things. Appa already not here and I promised him that I’ll take care of his company for him.”

Yoon Suh held her head low as she nodded slowly.

Min Ho pressed his lips against her forehead and tilted her chin up, forcing her to look at him. “I know today is Valentine’s Day. I can’t promise that I will be back early but I’ll try not to come back too late.” He smiled at her. “We have Valentine’s Day every year. Working hard for our better future is my biggest Valentine’s present for you.”

Yoon Suh bit her lip and smiled slightly. “I’ll wait for you at home. Try to come back before 10pm, okay?”

Min Ho nodded before he walked out of the room, leaving Yoon Suh looking at him sadly.

----------

Yoon Suh: Oppa, where are you? It’s almost 10pm now.

Min Ho: I’m sorry, Yoon Suh. I don’t think I can come back early tonight. I’m still stuck in the meeting. But I’ll try to come back before 12am. I’m very sorry.

Yoon Suh (silent): …… it’s okay. Bye.

Before waiting for Min Ho to reply, Yoon Suh ended the call and threw herself on the bed, crying. She hates the life she was having now. They have only married for a year and she already started to regret with her choice. Min Ho was just a beautiful dream but a bad reality. Except from being rich, handsome and smart, everything about him annoyed her. She was only 19 years old. Why must she sit in this house and wait for him every day and night?

She wiped her tears away, pulled herself up into a sitting position and took her phone. She scrolled the phonebook and started to make a call.

Kim Ji Won: Yoboseyo.

Yoon Suh: Ji Won, where are you? Your side is very noisy.

Kim Ji Won (laughed): I’m in a pub now and we are having a Valentine’s party. Why are you calling me? You should spend this romantic day with your handsome husband. I really envy you.

Yoon Suh: Which pub? I’m coming to join you now.

Kim Ji Won: Meo? You are coming? What about your husband?

Yoon Suh: I don’t want to talk about him. Just send me the address and I’ll be there in 30 minutes.

----------

“Cheers!!!” Yoon Suh shouted as she raised her beer bottle up and clink it with Ji Won’s and her other friends.

“Yah, Choi Yoon Suh. You are drunk.” Ji Won glanced at her watch before looking back at her friend. “It’s very late now. You should go home before your husband kill you.”

Yoon Suh pushed her away and glared at her. “What kill me? I’m the one who should kill him. I hate him, hate him, hate him.”

Ji Won sighed. “Okay, okay. You wait for me here. I’ll go to the wash room now and I’ll send you home later.” She said as she walked towards the toilet.

Just then, a man in his twenties, who have been keeping his eyes on Yoon Suh since she came in, slowly walked over to her.

“Hi, pretty.” He said flirtatiously. “You looked sad and lonely. Need a companion tonight?”

Yoon Suh who was slightly drunk glared up at him and smirked. “You are the one who looked lonely and need me to accompany you.” She moved nearer to him and circled her arms around his neck. She scanned his face as she smiled. “Although not as handsome as him but you still look okay. But too bad, I’m taken.” She said as she showed him her wedding ring.

The man grinned at her. “Taken? But why didn’t I see your husband? Today is a very special day. He is not even here with you?” He her cheek with his fingers. “What a pity lonely beautiful girl.” He leaned forward and whispered into her ear. “My apartment is just few blocks away. I can heal your lonely heart.” He pulled back slightly and looked at her with a challenging gaze. “Wae? Scared?”

Yoon Suh inhaled a deep breath before pulling him by his neck and pressed her lips against his. She smiled. “Do I look scared to you?”

The man smirked before pulling her out of the pub.

----------

Yoon Suh opened the door and walked into the room very softly. She quickly scanned around the room and let out a sigh of relief when she doesn’t see Min Ho in the room. She took off her jacket and threw it on the bed. She closed her eyes and sighed deeply when she recalled what happened last night. It was a mistake. She was drunk and got carried away by her impulsive emotions. She can’t even remember who was the guy that she slept with last night.

Before she could even think further, a pair of strong arm wrapped around her from behind. She gasped and opened her eyes immediately.

“I’m sorry.” Min Ho whispered as he tightened his arms around her. “I know I promised that I will come back earlier but the meeting took longer than expected. That is my first project in Venus and I have to do my best in order for the board members to have confidence in me.”

Yoon Suh exhaled softly. It was all about his work again. She wanted to tell him that she was not interested to know anything that happened in his company. She bit her lip hard when she recalled about last night again. She sighed silently.

“It’s okay. I know your work is more important.” She said.

Min Ho rested his chin on her shoulder. “Of course not. You are the most important for me. I’m working hard for our future, for you.” He said as he slowly brought a small box to Yoon Suh.

She was surprised to see the box and she slowly took it from him. Her lips curled into a smile when she saw the diamond bracelet inside the box.

Min Ho smiled. “Happy Valentine’s Day. Do you like it?”

Yoon Suh turned to the side and looked at him. “Hmmm… I like it. Thank you.”

Min Ho kissed her cheek softly but then, his brows furrowed when an unfamiliar scent invaded his senses. “What is that smell? I never smell this perfume on you before.”

Yoon Suh widened her eyes in shock. “I… I… was with Ji Won the whole night. I slept in her house and I guess it was her perfume.”

Min Ho nodded. “I see.” He pulled away from her and turned her around. “I’m sure you are very tired. Go to take a shower. I need to rush back to the office now.”

Yoon Suh smiled slightly at him. “Okay.”

----------

2 months later…

 

“What is wrong with her, doctor? She has been vomiting for 2 days.” Min Ho asked the doctor nervously.

The doctor smiled at him. “Don’t worry. It’s normal.”

“Normal?” Min Ho asked in confusion.

“Yes. Your wife is 2 months pregnant. Nausea and vomiting is normal reactions for the first 3 months of the pregnancy.”

Min Ho smiled widely as he turned to Yoon Suh. “You are pregnant. I’m going to be a father soon.” He said excitedly.

Yoon Suh’s face turned pale. It was impossible. She was on birth control pill. But then, something creeps into her mind. She stopped the pill for a week before the Valentine’s Day because Min Ho was not at home almost every night and she thought it was safe to stop it for a while. But the one night stand that happened on Valentine’s Day was unexpected. After that night, she didn’t have with Min Ho until 2 to 3 weeks later. So there is a big chance that the baby is not Min Ho’s. She closed her eyes and bit her lip hard.

She has to get rid of the baby before he finds out.

----------

“I told you I don’t want the baby. I’m only 19 years old and I’m not ready to become a mother yet. You are always so busy with your work. You won’t be able to take care of this baby.” Yoon Suh shouted as more tears rolled down her cheeks. “I want to do an abortion.”

Min Ho held her arms and looked at her anxiously. “What are you talking about? This baby is innocent. How can you do an abortion? I will not agree with this and I’m not going to sign the paper for you.”

Yoon Suh looked at him with her teary eyes. “How can you be so selfish? I’m innocent too. I don’t want to be a mother. I don’t want!”

Min Ho clenched his jaw, trying hard to control his emotions. “I know you are depress and unhappy that I don’t have enough time to spend with you but I will try. I will try not to put too much time in my work and try to accompany you more. The baby belongs to us. We will take care of the baby together.”

Yoon Suh keeps shaking her head and cried harder. “I don’t want the baby. I don’t want.”

Min Ho inhaled sharply as he let go of her hands. He looked at her sternly. “I think you need some times to cool yourself down. We will discuss about this again later.” He said as he walked out of the room and banged the door hard.

----------

Min Ho pulled Yoon Suh out of the house as his hand was covering her eyes. When they reached the car porch, he slowly removed his hand from her and smiled. “Surprise!”

Yoon Suh opened her eyes and widened immediately when she saw a red colour luxury sports car in front of her. She turned to Min Ho, looking at him with a surprise expression.

Min Ho took the car key out from his pocket and handed it to Yoon Suh. “You have already got your driving license for some times now.  I think you should have a car and I hope you like it.”

Yoon Suh laughed happily as she walked closer and touched the car. “Like it?! I love it.” She turned to Min Ho and hugged him tightly. “Thank you, oppa.”

Min Ho smiled. “I’m glad you love it.” He pulled away slightly as he held her gaze. “Since you are so happy now and I’m so good to get you such a beautiful present, can you give me one thing in return?” He asked expectantly.

Yoon Suh nodded with a wide smile. “Of course.”

Min Ho wrapped her waist tighter, bringing her closer to him. “Keep the baby.” He said softly.

The smile on Yoon Suh’s face slowly faded. “I… I…”

“I know you don’t want to be a mother yet and to be honest to you, I’m not ready to be a father too. But since the baby comes earlier, why not we just accept it with a happy heart? People said baby is a blessing. Our family will be complete with this new life.” Min Ho said, trying his very best to convince her.

Yoon Suh sighed silently. If the baby was Min Ho’s, she won’t think twice and will keep the baby for sure. But now, this baby is an illegitimate child.

“Please…” Min Ho’s voice was almost begging.

Yoon Suh bit her lip and nodded slowly.

----------

4 years later…

 

Min Ho inhaled deeply, sitting outside the emergency room, waiting for the doctor to tell him about So Won’s condition. He turned to ahjuhma who was looking at the ER worriedly.

“Have you found Yoon Suh agasshi?” He asked coldly.

Ahjuhma looked at Min Ho as she shook her head. “The driver is still looking for her around Gangnam area and hopefully could find her in those pubs she used to go.”

Min Ho’s face darkened. He immediately stood up when the doctor came out from the ER.

“How’s my daughter?” He asked.

“Looking at her condition now, we suspect it might be viral fever. She is having an onset fever, couch, running nose and muscle pain. She has to stay here for tonight so that we could do a thorough check up on her. I will do a blood test for her and we will see how it goes once the report is out.” The doctor explained.

Min Ho sighed as he nodded. “Please do whatever necessary. Please take care of her.”

----------

“The result is out. It’s not viral fever and it’s just a minor bacterial infection. We are giving her some antibiotics and she will be alright in one to two days.” The doctor said.

Min Ho let out a sigh of relief and smiled slightly. “Thank you.

The doctor looked at Min Ho with a troubled expression.

Min Ho narrowed his eyes at him. “Is there any other problem?”

The doctor cleared his throat before he spoke. “I know it might look inappropriate to talk about this with you but I thought you might want to know.”

“Know about what?” Min Ho asked again.

The doctor heaved a deep sigh. “According to the blood test, Lee So Won’s blood type is B.”

Min Ho looked at him in confusion. “And what’s the problem with that?”

The doctor pursed his lips. “Her mother is blood type A and the biggest problem is your blood type.”

Min Ho’s brows creased as his heart started to felt uneasy with what the doctor was about to tell him. “What is my problem?”

“Each biological parent donates one of their ABO alleles to their child. For example, a mother who is blood type O can only pass an O allele to her son or daughter. A father who is blood type AB could pass either an A or a B allele to his son or daughter. This couple could have children of either blood type A or blood type B.” The doctor explained further.

“Mrs Lee is blood type A and Lee So Won is blood type B. So in order to get blood type B, the father must be either AB or B.” He continued as he looked at Min Ho. “And your blood type is A.”

Min Ho gasped as his heart was now fell to his stomach. He took a deep breath before asking the doctor. “What does this mean?”

The doctor sighed. “For parents with both blood type A, their child’s possible blood type should be A or O but Lee So Won is B. So there is a high chance that Lee So Won is not your biological daughter.”

Min Ho’s lips parted and he suddenly felt a big lump grew in his throat, unable to say a word.

“But of course this calculation is based solely on theoretical principles. It would be a mistake to use this information to make any conclusions. But if you want to know the exact answer, I will suggest you to do a DNA test.” He said.

Min Ho exhaled sharply and closed his eyes. Was this the reason why she insisted to have an abortion when she knows that she was pregnant 4 years ago? If yes, then she has been cheated on him since a year after they were married. Just by thinking of all the possibilities, he already felt suffocated.

He then opened his eyes and looked at the doctor. “Please arrange the DNA test for me.

----------

‘The probability of paternity is 0.0%.’

Yoon Suh’s hand started to tremble when she saw the last sentence of the report she was holding.

“Who is the father?” Min Ho asked with a calm tone, without looking at her.

Yoon Suh looked up at him. “Please listen to me. I can explain this. I was…”

“Just tell me who is the father. I just want to know who is that man.” He cut her off coldly.

Yoon Suh bit her lip as her eyes started to well with tears. “I… I don’t know.”

Min Ho looked at her in disbelief. “You don’t know?”

Yoon Suh gasped and tears started to roll down from her eyes. “That day was Valentine’s Day. You promised that you will come back early but you didn’t. I was upset and went out to meet Ji Won in a pub. I was drunk and I don’t even remember how he looks. But I swear it was only one time. I never see him again after that night.”

Min Ho chuckled sadly as he shook his head. “How pathetic. You don’t even remember who is So Won’s father.” He paused as he looked straight into her eyes. “What are we going to tell her if she finds out about this one day? What are you going to tell her if she ask who is her father? Have you ever thought about her feelings when she find out that the parents that she love so much was lying to her since she was born? Have you ever tried to think about my feelings?” He took a step back as tears started to blur his vision.

He laughed sadly at himself. “It was my mistake or yours?” He asked bitterly. “The girl that I first met, the girl that I fell in love at first sight; why is everything so different from what I felt and thought?” He chuckled again as a tear escaped his eyes. “I guess it was my mistake. People changed. You are no longer the twinflower that I met year ago.” He inhaled deeply.

“Just do whatever you want. As long as you stop hurting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter