Sleepover

Serendipity
Please log in to read the full chapter

Youngjae was lying on his stomach, his hands buried under his pillow. His wings were drooping on his back as he closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep. It wasn't even dark but Youngjae was found in his white sheets unusually early.

The last few days he had felt dull and tired, even his work he had only managed to follow half-heartedly. He hoped that if he would have a long night he would feel better the next day but a little voice in his mind told him that the lack of the light of a certain summer fairy was responsible for this and sleeping would not be helping him.

He sighed and got his face comfortable on the fluffy pillow and before he knew, he was fast asleep.


 

A gentle hand on his shoulder woke him up not long after. Youngjae stirred a little and rolled on his side confusedly, rubbing his eyes as he tried to open his eyes. When his vision cleared after a few times of blinking, he was met with the smiling face of Daehyun. But there was someone else standing a bit further away. Youngjae had seen the fairy before, waiting at the border for Daehyun when the animal fairy had been with him the last time.

Youngjae sat up instantly and pulled his blanket up to his chin, feeling flustered that he had been woken up by someone else than Himchan. His eyes looked back and forth between Daehyun and the other, who's name must be Jongup if he remembered correctly. Both of them had the same kind of chocolate brown eyes and dark brown locks to match. But there was a slight difference between them, not only that Daehyun was a little bit taller but Jongup's tanned skin looked as if the sun way shining on it, even though the sun wasn't shining at all and Youngjae looked at him with fascination.

He noticed that Jongup eyed him with the same caution and in general, he didn't really look like he wanted to be here and Youngjae wondered what Daehyun had done to persuade his friend to accompany him.

Daehyun seemed to notice the tension in the room so he took a few steps to his best friend and grabbed him by his wrist to pull him towards the snow fairy that was still buried in his white blanket.

“This is Jongup, my best friend,” Daehyun beamed as soon as Jongup's bottom was placed on the bed sheet.

“And this is Youngjae,” Daehyun added as he turned towards the light fairy.

Daehyun looked back and forth between the two and when none of them said anything or made any attempt to move, Daehyun stood up again and walked to the bottom of the bed. He grabbed the blanket between his slim finger and pulled roughly.

Youngjae immediately curled into a ball and Jongup looked at him in awe. Whilst Jongup contrasted on the white sheets with his yellow shirt and shoes, the snow fairy seemed to melt into the sheets with his white shirt and pants. Jongup's eyes fell on the snow fairy's wings and they widened slightly. Daehyun had not been exaggerating when he had said that they sparkled like a million diamonds.

Everything combined, the snow fairy looked like pure innocence. Youngjae sat up and pouted, mourning after the loss of his comfortable blanket.

“Why are you sleeping so early?” Daehyun walked around the bed again to sit next to the snow fairy.

“I was tired,” the other answered and closed his eyes when Daehyun started brushing his fingers through his black locks to tame the bed-hair.

“Why are you here so late?” Youngjae lay down on the brunette's lap to enjoy the soft massage on his scalp.

“I wanted to introduce you to Jongup,” Daehyun smiled and motioned his friend to come closer. Jongup hesitantly inched closer until he was touching Daehyun's feet on the bed. He then bowed his head slightly to the snow fairy and the pale boy got up to do the same and then reached out his hand.

When their hands touched, a cold sensation spread through Jongup's fingers. It wasn't an uncomfortable kind of cold but more like a cool breeze in the air but he was still surprised because he had never felt someone who was as cold as Youngjae.

“I'm going to ask Himchan to come over,” Youngjae said awkwardly and just like that, his crystal wings carried him to his door and out into the cold, in his thin white shirt and bare feet.

Youngjae came back only a few minutes later, a gush of cold wind that made the two summer fairies shiver coming into the little room when the door opened. But behind him was another male fairy, just as pale and his eyes just as blue as Youngjae's.

“I heard we're having a sleepover,” Himchan grinned.

Unlike Youngjae who had been cautious and hesitant, Himchan crawled onto the bed that wasn't made for so many people and eyed the new addition to their little secret circle of friends.

“So you are the friend of the boy who causes so much trouble for my Youngjae?” Himchan asked. Jongup pursed his lips.

“Isn't it the other way around?”

The two fairies looked at each other with a strong gaze for a moment before they burst out with laughter. Youngjae looked at them, confusion obvious on his face as he wondered how they went from bickering to laughing in a split second.

Please log in to read the full chapter