Bounce

Serendipity
Please log in to read the full chapter

After Junhong had been officially accepted to be a part of their little group of adventurers, the goal was clear: show the young fairy around everywhere. And also, Yongguk, Himchan and Youngjae had not seen the summer area yet either. The routine was that Daehyun would initiate a meeting by going over to Youngjae, dragging the poor Jongup with him more than he didn't and the two summer and two winter fairies would make their way to pick up the others.

Same happened that day, when Daehyun quietly slipped into Youngjae's little igloo house before sunrise, making sure to close the door as quietly as possible. He had assigned Jongup to wake up Himchan to safe time and the quick-witted light fairy had muttered 'you only want to be alone with your snowflake' when they parted but there was no hint of anger in his voice. Both of them knew that Jongup was right anyway and even though Jongup had never said it out loud (which he didn't need because his soft spot for Himchan was more than obvious) but he would enjoy the few moments Daehyun allowed them as well.

Youngjae was still sleeping, his crystal wings shining in the soft glow of the moonlight. Daehyun stepped closer to the fluffy bed and sat on the edge carefully so the other wouldn't wake up. Soft snores escaped Youngjae's opened lips and his cheeks were tinted in a pretty pink that contrasted from his pale skin. Daehyun sat there for a few moments, admiring the cute sight in front of him with an adoring smile on his face. That happened automatically whenever he was around his snow fairy, his heart felt light and the warmth of this feeling tugged his lips into a smile without fail.

Knowing it would be time for Youngjae to wake up soon, Daehyun lightly poked his round and soft cheek. The snow fairy mumbled something incoherent and simply turned around, making no sign of wanting to get up. Daehyun chuckled, he knew that winter fairies needed more sleep than summer fairies, which may be explained by the lack of sunlight, and Youngjae was always a deep sleeper.

Because Daehyun still felt cold from being exposed to the winter air on his way, he lifted the corner of Youngjae's blanket and sneaked into the bed, wiggling closer to the other fairy until his face was nuzzled between the base of Youngjae's wings. When Daehyun had touched the snow fairy for the first time, Youngjae's pale skin had felt like a cool breeze. Now, Daehyun's body temperature was still higher but the touch of Youngjae did no longer feel comfortably cold but it filled Daehyun with warmth.

Youngjae's wings fluttered around Daehyun's ears and tickled his skin. The summer fairy chuckled lowly and threw his hand over the other's slim body to squeeze it affectionately. Youngjae stirred a little and relaxed again, taking Daehyun's hand on his tummy in a tight grasp. Daehyun stayed like that for a few minutes, enjoying the odd warmth radiating from Youngjae until he finally couldn't delay it any further to wake up his snowflake, knowing that Jongup and Himchan would be standing in the doorstep very soon.

He sat up and untangled his fingers from Youngjae's hand and started brushing Youngjae's soft black hair out of his face gently.

“Wakey, wakey!” Daehyun mumbled softly.

Youngjae pouted and pulled his blanket up to his chin.

“Rise and shine, sleepy face,” Daehyun cooed, not able to to keep the wide grin from his face.

“Don't wanna,” Youngjae mumbled, his voice hoarse with sleep. He rolled onto his other side, tugging the blanket with his body weight until he was completely rolled into the fabric, leaving Daehyun exposed to the cool air, lonely and pouting.

Youngjae's eyes opened slowly and when Daehyun looked into the light blue orbs, he couldn't be mad at his snow fairy, not even when the pale boy stuck his tongue out with a cheeky grin. There was no sign of surprise on Youngjae's face as he was used to Daehyun's unannounced visits by now. They were welcomed.

“Good morning,” Youngjae said and yawned cutely. He sat up and worked his hands out of his blanket roll to rub his eyes.

“Good morning,” Daehyun beamed and leaped onto Youngjae's lap and curled himself up into a little ball. Youngjae's fingers automatically rubbed soft circles into his scalp and they stayed there until the snow fairy had woken up completely.

Please log in to read the full chapter