Where's our BamBam?

The Wish

Chapter Two: Where's our BamBam?

 

This is what's been going on Mark's mind, "Where is BamBam?" "How come he won't come out?" "Does mom and dad locked him away?" There's many possible question that could run on his mind, but deep inside, he was worried.

 

Even Jackson got worried. Every time, he would see Jackson in front of BamBam's door, knocking on it while saying, "Bam, Jackson hyung is worried now. Come on, come out there and accompany me."

 

Jackson is the type that wouldn't show any weakness but with those sad tone he used, Mark had enough of it.

 

He comforted their parents, saying he was against of locking BamBam but Jinyoung firmly said, "It's our decision."

 

With that, Mark left with hatred building in his body.

 

Yugyeom cried on the first week of BamBam's locked down. He was desperately begging their parents to let BamBam free, if BamBam did something that unpleased them, Yugyeom is willingly to take the consequences. But Jaebum disagree to it.

 

Youngjae waited in front of BamBam's door, knocking sometimes while crying silently.

 

Mark is getting mad. He squint his eyes when he caught a shiny object at the table. The keys. The spare key for BamBam's room. He grabbed it without any hesitation.

 

The night came fast for both Jackson and Youngjae, who stayed outside of BamBam’s door.

 

Jinyoung sigh in a sadly way as he see Jackson glances over before moving to his room, followed by Youngjae.

 

“This is too much, honey.” Jinyoung said sadly. “Can we just… tell them already?”

 

Jaebum snarl at Jinyoung, shaking his head afterwards, “This would be hidden for now, baby. Until then, let’s just shut up and be quiet.”

 

With that, Jinyoung growl and roll his eyes, walking away.

 

Meanwhile, Mark had already sneak inside of BamBam’s room.

 

The smell of the room stink, which Mark quoted, and there’s a lot of food tray inside, which Yugyeom and Youngjae always leave at his door.

 

He knew that BamBam is too nice to leave them outside until it rot.

 

Figure on BamBam’s bed tells Mark that BamBam is already past asleep, which Mark didn’t hesitate to slip inside of the blanket and slung his arm over the latter’s waist.

 

He got slimmer.’ Mark thought. And suddenly, he felt himself roaming his hand around up until…

 

“Bam, you got a bump on your chest.” He said, squeezing the bump gently and a shrieked was heard after. “W-what?”

 

When Mark pull the blanket, he was hoping to see BamBam under it but the girl he saw the past few weeks was in his sight. Red blush tainted on her cheeks, her oversized t-shirt, and her blonde locks.

 

Looking closely, Mark felt like he had seen this girl before, except the day when he got kicked out of BamBam’s room.

 

Silence filled them and Mark was speechless to the point that he couldn’t even let out a scream. Is this really BamBam? No, BamBam is a boy not a girl.

 

Before he can say another word, Jaebum was already behind him, shadowing his back.

 

“Didn’t I told you that you guys can’t sneak inside of BamBam’s room?” Jaebum said coldly.

 

Mark look at his father, not even plastering any emotion as he speak coldly as well, “Hiding him because he turned into a girl is not a good idea, dad.” Mark pauses, “He’s our baby, our little brother, our BamBam, and you just hid him away, making Jackson and the others to feel worried.”

 

“It’s none of your business to put your nose to BamBam’s problem.”

 

“But he’s our ing little brother.” Mark swears, and Jaebum is very sure that he’s getting pissed, “Each ing day without Bam is like a hell for us.”

 

“You better watch what you are saying, Im Yien.” Jaebum warned. But Mark continued anyway.

 

“Jackson, Youngjae, and Yugyeom. For ’s sake, that’s torture!”

 

Jinyoung came the minute Mark stand up abruptly at the floor, making BamBam to widen his eyes when Mark yelled, completely under his breath, “Aren't you supposed to be the most mature in this ing house?! Aren’t you?! Once there’s a problem, we all had to fixed it!”

 

Jinyoung and BamBam widened their eyes in surprise. Jaebum hang his hand in the air as it made contact to Mark’s cheek, but Jaebum’s anger didn’t fade as he shouted back, “Is that how you treat your old man? Is that how you treat your father who spent his every dime to get you in the luxurious college?!”

 

Jinyoung rushed to the scene and held Mark’s arm, and their son was looking down, not even taking a sharp breath or a inch movement.

 

Another silence filled them and once Mark lift his head to glare at his father, he stormed out of the room, leaving Jinyoung to gasped at the scene and followed suit.

 

Jaebum flop down on BamBam’s bed and BamBam was frozen in his place.

 

The scene he didn’t expected, even cross into his mind, just happened a minute ago.

 

Morning came by and the incident last night made Jackson and Youngjae to raise their brow. BamBam, as Jaebum said, left the room and act normal.

 

BamBam tried to, but when he put on his clothes, he couldn’t help but to blush whenever he take a glimpse at his own body.

 

Such a beautiful body had been given to BamBam, and he was a little bit pleased for it.

 

Jinyoung tied up his hair into a bun, and hid it with BamBam’s cap. He was hoping that the others wouldn’t recognize him.

 

Once he stepped down at the stair, Yugyeom came flying towards him with a heavy sobs and clinging on his shirt, Jackson followed by and hugged him.

 

He gasped but then he kept his voice in, he didn’t want to sound like a girl in front of his brothers… Well, apparently, BamBam is literally a girl now.

 

“Oh my god!” Jackson shrieked once he pulled away from the hug, “I’ve been so worried about you, Bam! You’ve been in that room of yours for like 2 weeks?!”

 

“Uh, hyung, it’s only a week.” Youngjae butted in but Jackson ignored him as he continue to chant.

 

“Mark hyung was also pissed about you locking yourself. None of us here didn’t even stopped talking about you! Especially me, I’m your favorite hyung, right?”

 

Suddenly, everyone was laughing until Mark showed up with a swollen face, bags under his eyes, heavy footsteps, and his usually messy hair was fixed into a neat one.

 

Jackson gawked at how weird and neat Mark looked like but what the others saw is Mark’s swollen face.

 

BamBam didn’t speak, because he was afraid if he did, the others would looked at him and asked why his voice was too girly, as he just looked away as Mark make his way to the kitchen.

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum was already in the dining table.

 

A strange atmosphere hit Jackson and he cocked his head, shrugging when he thought he was only hallucinating because of his non-stop sobs.

 

They all settled in for breakfast, Mark was quiet, also Jaebum. The two didn’t even bulge an eye to each other.

 

Youngjae looked around when he see Jinyoung was also looking worriedly at Jaebum and Mark.

 

The tension between the two made Yugyeom to pout but only one person who didn’t even realize the atmosphere, because Jackson was busy spreading the jam on his toasted bread.

 

“Hm,” Jackson hum happily, “I love your toast, mom. They're so crispy!” He smiled widely.

 

Hearing Jackson’s sudden compliment, Jinyoung smile, forcefully, and nods his head. “Thank you, Jackson. Be sure not to forget your lunch box.”

 

Jackson nodded his head and continue to spread more jam in his second toast.

 

Youngjae was fixing his shirt and while Yugyeom was fidgeting in his spot. This is was so awkward, Jackson is the only one who didn’t even bulge to notice the situation.

 

When Jackson eat his fourth toast, he kiss Jinyoung’s forehead, kiss Jaebum’s head, and move towards BamBam to kiss him on the head as well, and he’s off to his fencing practice.

 

The atmosphere was even more awkward and it was affecting BamBam now. He couldn’t detect himself, should he looked at Mark, who was experimenting, or to his father, who was reading the newspaper.  

 

Youngjae, somehow, changed the atmosphere when he choked on his food.

 

“That is so awkward.” Yugyeom said, flopping besides BamBam, who flinched when the younger sat besides him.

 

BamBam bit down his lower lip, afraid to speak, or even look at Yugyeom. Even though that Yugyeom is asking while telling his stories.

 

“And then, suddenly Youngjae hyung rushed to my room and said that Jackson was crying again.” That caught BamBam’s attention and somehow he felt himself crying whenever the image of Jackson, Yugyeom, and Youngjae are sad.

 

“I’m sorry…” Mumble by BamBam, who eventually get louder as he speaks, “Something happened and I can’t face you guys.”

 

When silence filled the two, BamBam took off his cap, letting down his hair as he inhale and exhale before turning to face his younger brother, who was looking at him between confused, surprised, and awe.

 

“I-... What.” Yugyeom wasn’t even sure if his mind and eyes are working, because right before him, is a beautiful girl. Blonde shiny locks lying straight on her shoulders, her wide eyes that sparkles when Yugyeom caught it and those bump on her chest.

 

BamBam didn’t speak furthermore, waiting for Yugyeom to answer and eventually, BamBam sighed when a minute passed between them.

 

Yugyeom knows that attitude of BamBam, whenever silence filled them for at least a minute or more, BamBam would sighed, showing that he was waiting.

 

“H-how did this happened….?”

 

BamBam looked at him within his eyelids and he sighed once again, “I do not know, Yugyeom. I woke up like this.”

 

Yugyeom blinked, trying himself to register what was happening before his eyes. “Does mom and dad knew?”

 

BamBam nodded, with a smile on his face.

 

“Does Mark hyung knew?”

 

BamBam hesitantly nodded his head once again, his lips slowly dropping into a sad frown.

 

“So, that’s it.” Yugyeom said, more likely to him, “Mark hyung and dad is fighting because of you?”

 

“I suppose you can say that. But I’m not sure of it.”

 

Yugyeom nods his head and smile brightly at his older brother, “Don’t worry. I’ll keep it a secret until the others found out.”

 

BamBam’s smile didn’t fade all day because of Yugyeom.

 

Meanwhile, Mark and his friends are hanging out, until Jackson spotted Mark, who was not even paying attention to his friends.

 

That was unusual of Mark. He would be full ears with his friends, not even drifting off somewhere.

 

“Something wrong with Mark hyung.” Jackson said as he barged in their shared room. Youngjae, on the other hand, was preparing for the upcoming vocal class he signed up for.

 

“Something wrong with him? How come?”

 

“It’s hard to put into words.” Jackson said as he flopped down on his bed. “It’s like dad and Mark hyung is not in a good terms.”

 

“You just noticed that?”

 

“What.. You guys knew?”

 

With a sigh, Youngjae nodded his head as he added, “Since this morning.”

 

Jackson hummed in a tune as he moved forward to take a shower.


 

It’s been a week since the incident of Mark finding out about BamBam, Yugyeom noticed the sudden changes of BamBam and Jaebum and Mark silent game.

 

Neither Youngjae and Jackson knew a thing about the situation they living at until….

 

“Say what?!” Youngjae bellowerd. “BamBam is a girl?”

 

“Have you not noticed it?” Yugyeom snapped, “She-- Or He.. I don’t know how to address you now!” Yugyeom whined in frustration.

 

With Mark watching how confused, shocked, and frustrated the two, he butted in with a stoic expression, “Would you two shut up?”

 

BamBam flinched at how Mark suddenly joined in, “This is not a joke or a prank. BamBam turned into a girl, without any further information on how did he or how did it happened.”

 

“But…” Yugyeom urged, “How can we turn him back?”

 

Mark looked at Youngjae, bouncing his eyes to Yugyeom, “I don’t know. I tried to come out a hypothesis about it.”

 

“So far, all your theories is impossible?” Youngjae said.

 

Mark nodded his head. “Mom and dad are in their business trip. Jackson is in Hong Kong for his tournament. All we need is to come up a solution and tried to sum it up before Jackson found out about this.”

 

Yugyeom’s mind suddenly went straight to the lady, who gave them the mysterious candle. At first, he tried to pushed it back but it kept on coming back and he finally say a word about it. “Mark hyung, do you guys still remember the lady we saw before dad’s birthday?”

 

“Oh, the lady who gave us a box full of candles!” BamBam chirped, which result of Youngjae cringing on the high pitch tone of BamBam.

 

“Yes, that lady. She said those candles were magic. She even showed as an example. Did it happened to you, Mark hyung?”

 

Mark stared at Yugyeom in a oddly way, then disgust, then after that, realization hit him right on the spot. He don’t know if it came true because he didn’t knew.

 

“I don’t know.” Mark mumbled, “Maybe it was a tricked or pranked. Did we gave her money with it?”

 

“No,” BamBam started. “She suddenly ran off.”

 

“Right.” Yugyeom said, calm as possible, “She might know the answer of BamBam’s sudden changed.”

 

The four of them nodded in understanding.

 

Mark and BamBam went together since Yugyeom and Youngjae haven’t settled in of BamBam being a girl.

 

“If my friends spotted us, they’ll think I got myself a lover.” Mark said out of the blue.

 

BamBam chuckled in return.

 

“Don’t just laugh at me.” Mark took a glimpse at BamBam, whose eyes are on the road.

 

Was Mark hallucinating or BamBam is gorgeous. Her locks is shining under the sun light, her eyes are as bright as the sun, and those slim body of her. He knew that BamBam is a boy, before, and his little brother but he couldn’t help himself of having thoughts of BamBam being his girlfriend.

 

“Ah, hyung!” BamBam suddenly cut through Mark’s trance. “That’s the spot where we saw that lady!”

 

With that announcement, Mark snapped his head to the spot and saw nothing or no one.

 

“She must have moved somewhere.” Mark said.

 

BamBam pouted his lips.

 

As they continued to stroll on the street, a boy, whose somewhat in the same age of Youngjae, stopped them and smiled down at BamBam.

 

With a blink of his eyes, BamBam tilted his head to the side, “Who’re you?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry for not introducing, beautiful.” Mark cringed on his spot at how flirty this guy is. “I’m Nichkhun.”

 

“Oh, hi!” BamBam happily smiled and greeted to Nichkhun, “I’m BamBam, nice to meet you.”

 

Mark’s eye brow twitched when Nichkhun grabbed BamBam’s hand, “It’s a pleasure to meet you too, beautiful.” With a smile, Nichkhun continue, “How old are you?”

 

“Oh, I’m only 17.” BamBam answered.

 

“I’m only 25.” BamBam’s eyes widened. So, his older brother and this guy is not in the same age.

 

“What a .” Mark suddenly said, cold as ever. “Sorry, but this girl is mine. So, could you back off.”

 

“Hyung…” BamBam whispered to Mark, who ignored his words as Mark continue to look at Nichkhun.

 

Nichkhun could only stare back at Mark, then he smiled to ignored the cold tone Mark used to him, “Oh, my. Are you guys dating? I didn’t know. You two looked like a sibling.”

 

“So, back off.” Mark said, deadpanned.

 

With that, BamBam whined and yank his hand, pulling Mark away from Nichkhun. “Sorry!” BamBam yelled when they reached a good amount away from Nichkhun. “What was that for?! You didn’t have to be as rude as ever.”

 

“Bam, he was flirting with you.”

 

“So?” BamBam deadpanned. “It’s none of your business, anyway.”

 

“You turned into a girl and now you can flirt with guys now?”

 

“That’s not what I meant!”

 

Mark glared at his little brother. “You are a girl! Therefore, behave like one!”

 

BamBam flinched when he received a glare from Mark and got scolded by him. They continue their journey with heavy atmosphere along with them.

 

“I really hate him.” BamBam whined as they arrived at their house, he rushed upstairs to Yugyeom’s room, barging in as he saw Yugyeom reading an old book.

 

“Oh…? Mark hyung?” Yugyeom said, not taking his eyes away from the book.

 

“Yes!” BamBam whined, flopping down on Jackson’s bed, burying his face on the pillow. “A guy flirted with me. Ah, I forgot his name.” BamBam said.

 

Yugyeom rolled his eyes as he kept listening on BamBam’s complain.

 

“Then.. then.. He told me that I should behaved like a girl! I wasn’t even flirting on that guy!”

 

“You know how protective Mark hyung to you.”

 

“I know that! But it was not his business to put his nose into someone’s business!” BamBam cries, looking at the ceiling as he spread his arms on the bed. “What’s wrong with him? He got even more protective.”

 

“You are a girl now,” Yugyeom pauses as he place his book down, “therefore Mark hyung--”

 

“I know that!” BamBam cutted Yugyeom’s sentence.

 

While BamBam to continue on complaining about Mark’s sudden overprotective side, Mark was behind the door of Yugyeom’s room, listening every bits of BamBam’s words.

 

BamBam sighed for the upmtheen times, still on Jackson’s bed as the latter who owned the bed arrived.

 

“Mark hyung again?” Jackson asked, this time, he didn’t even looked at BamBam.

 

Yugyeom panicked at the scene. He promised BamBam that he wouldn’t tell a single soul about his change. He quickly rushed to BamBam’s side and quickly covered his whole body.

 

Jackson looked at both of their younger and he cocked an eyebrow up. “What are you doing with BamBam?”

 

BamBam flinched when he heard Jackson in the room for the first time. He tried his best to cover his entire body, not really sure if he leave his feet out, since Jackson is small.

 

Jackson’s lips quivered to ask again but it got silence when Yugyeom accidently pulled the blanket fully out of BamBam.

 

The two stared horrified at Jackson, not really sure if they run away or stay put but Jackson’s stupid words made them safe. “Oh, hello, BamBam, sleeping in my bed for tonight? Sure, I’ll sleep in your room then!”

 

With that, Jackson left the room, leaving Yugyeom and BamBam to exchange glances to each other then a relief sighed escape the both of them.

 

“How stupid our hyung.” Yugyeom said, “He didn’t even noticed that your hair got longer.”

 

“Actually,” BamBam start off, “I’m glad that Jackson hyung is stupid.”

 

Both of them laughed at how dense and stupid Jackson was… They didn’t notice a shadow hovering Yugyeom’s door, eavesdropping on every conversation they had.




 

A/N; Wooooo! I finally finished it! At last! I’m deeply sorry about this. I actually forgot to update it since I got busy with school, and such. There’s also a problem with me. My middle finger got injured because of skateboarding. I didn’t even knew how to use that board but I had to, my friends made me to. Huuuu.

 

Anyway, Ladies Code’s Rise and EunB. Uh well, to start of… I wish both of the beautiful angel would be together and happy in Heaven. I don’t know Ladies Code but still, they’re humans and they need some prayers among us. So, let’s take a moment on praying for them. Condolence for both of their love ones.

 

Enjoy my fanfic! Reviews would be appreciated.