A peck on the lips.

The Wish

Chapter Eight; A peck on the lips.

 

Mark was pacing back and forth in front of his brother, Jackson, whose eyes are following Mark.

 

Why did he do that? Yeah, the atmosphere changed but even if that happens, he’s not in the position to do that.

 

“What should I do, Jackson? I kissed him!”

 

“Relax, bro.” Jackson finally stood up from his sitting and grabbed his wrist, stopping Mark abruptly. “Just relax and tell me the whole detailed story.”

 

Mark looked at Jackson the same way he did with Bambam, his eyes are glossy with his tears and his lips are quivering. He was scared. He was terrified on what on earth he had done.

 

He sat down on the chair, where Jackson was sitting before, and sighed in the most deep one afterwards he speaks. “Bambam came to my room after Youngjae. He was looking for his hoodie, which he knew I had it.”

 

Jackson nodded his head along with the words that Mark said.

 

“Then,” He paused, almost too hesitant to continue, “Jackson, Bambam leaned down when he thought I was sick because my face was pale. Before I can progress everything, I smashed my lips to him!”

 

“So, let me guess, he freaked out and ran out of your room?”

 

“Worst,” He paused again, finally looking up to meet Jackson’s eyes, “He was frozen so I had to ran away.”

 

“You idiot.” Jackson sigh, too much for him to handle so he patted Mark’s head and added, “Apologize if you feel regretted about it.”

 

“I don’t feel regretted about it,” Mark said, quickly as he was confident about this answers, he added, “I felt like… Bambam regretted that instead of me.”

 

He was scared of approaching the younger boy when they were called down for a family meeting.

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung caught their tension and asked what was wrong and quickly, Bambam said, “No, it’s fine. It was nothing,” He laughed awkwardly, “Have you guys decided what to do for Jackson’s birthday?”

 

“Oh yeah, my birthday is coming up!” Even if Jackson had not caught the way Bambam speaks, he saved the both of the two.

 

Jinyoung’s attention got carried away with the planning of Jackson’s birthday while Jaebum still curious about the two.

 

True, they were weird but not weirder than Jackson. But Yugyeom and Youngjae seemed to ignored it so might as well ignore it? Jaebum thought.

 

Mark took a quick glance over to Jackson and give the younger boy a smile for saving his . But all Mark received from the younger boy is a confused face.

 

When the family meeting had come to an end, the kids stayed in the living to discuss Bambam sudden drop of grades.

 

“Bam, you are not like this before,” Youngjae lecture then move to sit besides Bambam in the couch, “What’s bugging you?”

 

“Oh, I know why.” Yugyeom sarcastically said, without giving Bambam to speak. “Bam, if you need help with everything, I’m here.”

 

“You’re the same thing as Bambam.” This time, it was Jackson who retort at the younger boy. “How about Mark? He got all A in this semester.”

 

Mark’s eyes almost bulge out as he heard his name being mentioned in the conversation. Rather than teaching Bambam, he might do some other things as well.

 

He gave Jackson a death glare before speaking, “No, I can’t teach Bambam.”

 

“Why not?” Jackson asked, although Jackson asked that Mark replied directly at Bambam, “Bambam, if you want me to teach you, just ask. I don’t think you are comfortable of me teaching you.”

 

“No,” Bambam quickly respond, “I would like Yugyeom to teach me instead.” and he added before Jackson can say anything.

 

As Bambam stand up and headed to his room, the other follows except Jackson and Mark, who was frozen at the indirectly rejection of Bambam.

 

“Man… that was cold.” Jackson popped his English out and look at Mark, who was looking down, with a smug grin on his lips, “What now?”

 

“What do you mean by that?” The older boy perk up and his eyes bore to Jackson, “I don’t feel good now.”

 

“It’s because Bambam is too uncomfortable now,” Jackson replied. “Although, you were so awkward a while ago.”

 

“Can we not talk about that?” With a frustrated sigh, Mark buried his face on his palms and muffle his agonizing groans before mumbling, “I got so many problems now,”

 

“Mainly, it’s about Bambam.” Jackson slump his back at the recliner he was sitting then added, “Do what I say…” He pause as he glance at Mark, who narrow his eyes to look at Jackson, “Barge into his room and apologize.”

 

“Too extreme,” Mark deadpan.

 

“Then, it’s up to you if you want to stay like this… Forever.” Jackson made sure to emphasize the word ‘forever’ to push Mark a little.

 

Though, Mark had decided to apologize a while ago, he couldn’t even make an eye contact with the younger boy when the scene of what he did flashed in his mind.

 

“I’ll distract Yugyeom and Youngjae,” Jackson suggested when Mark didn’t speak after his sentence, “So?”

 

“What’s with the explosive English conversation?” The two snap their heads to look at Youngjae in his PJ. Jackson jolt up and shakes his head.

 

“Oh, it was nothing, baby.”

 

“Baby?” Mark ask and along with his voice, there’s a hint of disgust.

 

“I gave that nickname to Youngjae.” Jackson chuckles in the most creepy way, Mark pointed out, “He looks like a baby!”

 

“Actually, Mark hyung had a baby face among us,” Youngjae snorts at Jackson’s sentence, “But, I let him do whatever he wants.”

 

“You guys are so weird,” This time, Mark felt like the urge of asking if Jackson was telling the truth about him and Youngjae.

 

Mark remembered it quite well. Jackson had confessed that Youngjae and him kissed when Suzy broke up with him. After that… Now Mark can’t remember the detail because of Bambam.

 

“I’ll give you a hint,” Mark snap out of his trance when Jackson said that, moving closer to Youngjae as he slung his arm around the younger boy’s shoulder, “Get Yugyeom out of Bambam’s room so that hyung can apologize to that kid.”

 

“So my theory of you and Bam fighting is true,” With that, Youngjae move his feet upstairs again.

 

“What did you said?”

 

Jackson turn around to look at Mark with his infamous grin, “To save the day, first I have to make the two lead character to make up.”

 

Meanwhile, around that time, Yugyeom was inside of Bambam’s room just to listen to his older brother slash sister now about his/her troubles.

 

On what Yugyeom understood is that Mark kissed Bambam straight in the lips and without even knowing what to do, Bambam’s mind was frozen that time and was progressing what was happening.

 

“So, basically, Mark hyung didn’t said anything about the kiss?”

 

“I felt like he was avoiding me… He regretted it so bad!”

 

“You don’t even know if he did or not,”

 

“Are you taking on his side?”

 

With a sigh, Yugyeom shakes his head, “I’m not taking anyone’s side.”

 

A knock on the door was heard when Bambam didn’t respond afterwards Youngjae swing the door open and smile at the younger, “Hey, Yugyeom, wanna watch movies with me and Jackson hyung?”

 

Yugyeom tilt his head to the side, confuse on why was Jackson want to watch movie with him.

 

“No worries, Jackson hyung suggested it on himself.”

 

“You guys do know that my reactions are sort of out of control.”

 

“We knew that,” Both Bambam and Youngjae respond.

 

When Yugyeom stand up from his sitting position, Bambam caught what was happening so when he stand up and about to follow Yugyeom, he got stop by Mark sudden appearance.

 

“We need to talk.. alone.” Mark say is slowly as he look intensively at the younger. Although that Mark felt like Bambam would deny his request, he kept his position on the door, so that Bambam wouldn’t escape.

 

“Hyung, later, okay?” Bambam casually reply when he was going to brush Mark on his way, Mark quickly reply.

 

“I kissed you not because I felt like I want to, Bambam. There’s a reason behind it.”

 

“Then why don’t you say it.” Bambam’s tone was cold as an ice. “Or maybe that you thought I was your girlfriend and just casually kissed me? It’s not because I’m a girl now, you can do wha-” Bambam got cut off when Mark pull him closer and smash his lips against Bambam’s.

 

The way Mark pulled him is like one of those romance movies, which Bambam usually watched, caught him off guard on how a romantic guy is Mark. But he didn’t kissed him back.

 

When the older boy pull away, only an inch as their forehead are touchy, Mark run his thumb on Bambam’s glossy lower lip. “I don’t regret the first one, and even this one.”

 

Mark didn’t give Bambam enough time to speak as he crashed his lips once again and this time, Bambam reply to it.


 

A/N; Corny much? I know right. I got this idea on my friend because she told me about what happened in school today. :c Only the first part when Mark was pacing because my friend was pacing like crazy. Laugh with me. :c

 

I feel so horrible on failing that Halloween theme short story. :c I did my best but then they said my story was a bit inappropriate. :c I even made Mark was the killer. :c God. Does putting the details of how Mark cut the organs of the girls he kidnapped is inappropriate?

 

Anyway, I updated and enjoy! I hope you guys don’t stop reading it even though I felt like it was a boring story. :c