Im Mark Yien.

The Wish

Chapter Fourteen; Im Mark Yien.

 

“That code that I said before,” Mark starts off with a cautious tone as Jackson and Yugyeom sat together in another couch across the older.

 

Mark was explaining to the two about the theory he had before but then he changed it to another one, which includes him.

 

But according to Jackson, things didn’t change when Wang Kong died.

 

“Maybe the theory of yours is true.” Yugyeom remark, although it sounds a bit too cheesy for Yugyeom but Mark was beginning to be in the way of the curse.

 

The curse is about Bambam and Mark, and possibly Yugyeom as well, and according to Mark, the curse started when the lady gave them the candles, which started off almost everything, and then Jaebum’s accident wish.

 

“Let me summarize everything.” Jackson start off when the silence fell down to them, “You have a curse and also Bambam, and the only way for you guys to get back to normal is to reverse the curse.”

 

“That is stupid,” Mark said, “though that’s the only way.”

 

“I agree with Mark hyung. I don’t know. But I feel like I am cursed as well.” It was Yugyeom’s turn to speak.

 

Due to the concentration they are making in the room, they didn’t notice a shadow hovering the door, listening to their conversation quietly.

 

Later that afternoon, Jackson found another code in the case. “It’s written in German.”

 

“Then… Let the translator do the trick.” With sarcasm that filled Mark’s tone, Jackson roll his eyes and begun to type down the words and translate it to Korean. Seeing a lot of verb and adjective related to the words they found. Mark begun to research the definition of each words.

 

“Okay, the first word consist of various meaning. It could mean the moonlight or the sunlight.”

 

“It’s either the two.” Jackson commented.

 

“The others have one definition but it’s hard to phase it to make you guys understand it.”

 

“By means…” Again, Yugyeom took the chance to speak after Mark’s last sentence, “That old hag is a German?”

 

“It could be.” Mark said. “But if she is a German, then she used a curse from Germany.”

 

Jackson slugged his shoulders against the chair with sigh and a frown forming his face, “Don’t tell me that we have to go to Germany?”

 

Mark and Yugyeom share a glance then sigh at Jackson, making the latter to burst out of anger to them.

 

“That was a serious question!” Jackson whine in protest, making Mark to shove his hand to his mouth to stop him from speaking.

 

Mark growl under his breath and sigh, “Could you stop speaking for at least an hour? I’ve had enough of your stupid hyena voice!”

 

“It’s natural for the man to have that kind of voice!” Jackson retorted back. With a roll of his eyes once again, Jackson step back with a grunt and said, “You better finish this research because I’m done with you, hyung!”

 

“If you took one step out of this room, I’m picking your clothes and throw you out of the room.”

 

“Don’t you dare, hyung!” Jackson shouts as soon as Mark smirk in the most victorious way.

 

And they all spent their day, researching the code.

 

Around noon, Mark exit the room, with Jackson feeling dizzy and would comment about, “Oh, look, a greek word floating in my head.” And Yugyeom would reply in the most annoying tone, “Hyung~ that’s a star~”

 

They really do hate studying stuff but they kept still. Bambam was having a hard time about the curse but Mark is still confused. Could it be that once Mark’s curse is broken, Bambam’s curse would be also broken?

 

“The legend said that only one curse could be broken in one day,” Jinyoung said professionally as he and Mark settle down for a tea in the living room.

 

“Where did you got that information?” Mark asked, puzzled.

 

With Jinyoung’s infamous smile, he reply, “I always watch this mysterious movies. They always said that.”

 

“But that doesn’t mean it would be true, regarding the fact that this is reality.”

 

“Son, Yien, I know what you are thinking right now,” Jinyoung sip on his tea and sigh, “You are getting impatient each day,”

 

“My birthday is coming up, mom. I want this curse to be broken before my birthday.”

 

“And why?”

 

His orbs lock down on Mark, unable to speak within those intense gaze of his mother.

 

Jinyoung sip once again on his tea and said, a bit too loud for Mark, “Mark, Bambam is your little brother…”

 

“Not really my little brother,”

 

“But-”

 

“--No buts, mom. I have decided on what I have in mind. You cannot change that.”

 

When Mark stood up and walks away, Jinyoung smile and took a sip of his tea, mumbling to himself, “You’ve grown up, Im Mark Yien. I am so proud of you.”

 

Days had passed since they start looking up for the codes, Mark found out something related to Cleopatra and the curse of Bambam. And Jackson being Jackson, unable to understand what was happening.

 

That night, Mark went to bed early as he had expected. It shocked Mark as well, sleeping around 10 is not Mark at all. But he is sleepy.

 

He close his eyes, waiting for the sleep to drive himself deep on it and before he can blink his eyes open, he found himself in the deep forest, where all the weird plants surround him.

 

He thought to himself that it was only a dream, walking around the forest and found the light in front of him. He follow the light and soon, the surrounding changed again.

 

“What kind of dream is this?” He asked to himself as he kept on walking ahead, remembering that this is only a dream and nothing else.

 

“Want to blow some candles?” A lady, or rather an old lady, speak to his side, jolting away as he felt the breath of the lady.

 

The lady wore a mask that cover and nose… Only her eyes are visible, “Want to blow some candles?” Her tone was rather hastily.

 

Without thinking if he should do it or not, his hand move to grab the pink glittering candle that seems to caught his eyes more than the others. He lit it with a lighter that the lady hand it to him, and lift it to level to his lips.

 

The fire that starts to light, made Mark to blow it quickly, closing his eyes while he was at it.

 

Then suddenly, his eyes flutter to open, looking at his ceiling with a faint vision. He sit up, looking around, then rub his eyes as he mumbles incoherent words, and went back to sleep again.

 

Jackson enter the room with cautious step, throwing his body on the bed of his older brother and when he heard the older to groan and stir in his sleep, Jackson happily said, “Wakey, wakey, sleepy head! It’s morning!”

 

“So?” Mark dumbly ask to Jackson, who return the question with such an annoying tone.

 

“Dude, its Sunday! Bambam would be up any minute now, up you go!” Jackson push his older brother up to sit, ruffling his hair mess then put his infamous grin on.

 

“Sunday is such a boring day,” Mark remark with a sleepy tone, yawning as he rub his eyes with his left hand while the other one slapping Jackson out of his bed, “Move and let me go back to sleep.”

 

“Come on now, hyung!” Jackson whine in the most annoying tone of him, making Mark to place his hands on his ears and shouts at Jackson.

 

“GET OUT, HYENA!!”

 

“Where the heck did you got that nickname of mine?!” Jackson shouts back.

 

And soon, they both shouting to each other until an angry Yugyeom enters, “You gotta be kidding me now…” He groan in the most annoyed tone, “Would you two old men shut up and let us sleep peacefully?!”

 

“And who are you calling old, kiddo?!” Jackson point his index finger to Yugyeom, whose eyes twitch and tackle Jackson down on the floor and kept on tugging his hair until Jackson cries in pain.

 

Mark sigh in frustration and close his eyes, turning around as he lay down once again, ignoring the chaos inside of his room.

 

Youngjae and Bambam soon enter the room and mumble together in unison, “Why do we have such a weird brothers?”

 

Jinyoung called out for them the moment Yugyeom ran downstairs with tears and snot running on his face, saying that Jackson was crying until his snot appeared.

 

“You two, you are big enough to know that fighting wouldn’t put you good.” Jinyoung said with his tone of lecture.

 

Mark had his elbow leaning on the table while his chin on his palm, looking at Jinyoung with boredom. Jackson and Yugyeom begun to bicker about Yugyeom calling them old then Jackson being Jackson, noisy and weird and soon, Mark told them about Jackson interrupting his sleep.

 

Youngjae sigh, they should really get an apartment away from Mark. The older didn’t change at all, he still sensitive when someone disturb his sleep. Not to mention, Jackson’s weirdness among them.

 

“Alright, alright.” Jinyoung sarcastically said, “You guys should stop and listen carefully over here. I have an announcement.”

 

“Dad overdid his work again… right?” Jackson said, a bit confident on his words.

 

Jinyoung didn’t shake his head or nod, but they knew it was related to their dad’s work. Soon, Jinyoung took out his phone and hand it to Mark, eyeing the older as he did. “Call your dad.”

 

“For what?”

 

“Just do it,” Jinyoung’s tone became serious and hastily, making Mark to dial their dad’s phone.

 

“Hello, He- Oh, Yien, what’s up?”

 

“Dad, mom said I should call you-”

 

“-- Yes, yes,” Jaebum stop Mark from continuing his sentence, “tell everyone-- oh, am I in speaker mode? Okay, listen here, everyone.”

 

Soon, everyone’s attention focus on him, “We all going to Germany to find out about this curse that is happening to us.”

 

“What curse?” Mark’s tone made everyone gasp in complete horror, including Jaebum.



 

A/N; I’ll leave it like that for now. Since, yeah, I want to keep the mysterious a bit too mystery. Hahaha!!

 

Anyway, have a great November and it’s already winter! Yay. Cold. Ew. :c Anyway, sorry for the late reply and such. I was busy- Idk what, just didn’t felt like typing.

 

Wrong grammars might be present. So, sorry. ;;