He took the risk for me.

The Wish

Chapter Ten; He took the risk for me.

 

It all started when they got back at home after spending their time in the Amusement Park.

 

Mark and their father, Jaebum, was not speaking to each other ever since they arrived at the park. They had this familiar tension between for the past few months and neither of them asked about it. But all they knew is that even if a slightest words or question, they would talk, but it’s different today.

 

Mark was rather quiet than before. He would avoid anyone that would get near him and even Bambam, who spent the night with him, doesn’t have a single clue on it.

 

“It might be Mark hyung’s girlfriend.” Jackson might not know what’s going on and for the very first time, Jackson is right about that.


They might have broken up but Mark was completely fine the other day, he was cheerful and was a bit too hyper, but that’s what Bambam likes.

 

Jinyoung hop down on the car and went straight to the car’s trunk, he open it, then quickly close it before hopping back in. “Alright, we’re going to the restaurant that dad’s like,”

 

“But..” Yugyeom and Youngjae was planning to stay in the house, to sleep or watch any shows but it seems that Jinyoung has already decided as he drove once again away from the house.

 

To be honest, all the kids, including the ‘I-can-eat-everything-except-cucumbers’ Youngjae hated that restaurant. The service was great but the food isn’t. Jinyoung said that their taste buds might have not like it at first but they were positively sure about despising that restaurant.

 

“Only old people would visit that restaurant,” Jackson suddenly spoke with a hint of dissatisfaction, even though that Jaebum turn around to face Jackson, he didn’t say a word about it and that just got Jackson to blink his eyes.

 

Usually, when Jackson mention about old people, Jaebum would turn around and argue about him for calling him old even though he’s only 30 plus years old. But Jackson wouldn’t even care about that and will keep on arguing about it.

 

“That is so weird,” He heard Bambam whispering to him, as they both seated behind the driver’s and passenger’s seat. Of course, Jackson would naturally ask about Jaebum weird attitude, but he decided to let it out.

 

They arrived at the restaurant about 5 minutes of driving. Jinyoung was the first one to get out then Jaebum. The kids stayed in the car for at least a minute until Mark open the door and let himself out of the car, follow by the others.

 

In Bambam’s case, he thought that Jaebum and Mark had a fight last night when Mark stayed in the pool for 20 minutes when Jinyoung had told him not to.

 

But that was too childish since Jaebum stayed in the pool about a half of Mark’s time. He was also against to Jinyoung’s rules so why they were so cold to each other? Bambam thought.

 

Could it be that Mark had said something that made Jaebum to physically furious about him?

 

“Table for 7-” Jinyoung didn’t finish his sentence when Jackson interrupted him and the waiter at the front of them.

 

“Uh, no. Make it two. One for two, then the other one for 5, please.”

 

The waiter asked for at least a minute and strode away to find them two tables. Jinyoung snarled at Jackson for doing that, cutting him off, but Jackson quietly said that it was necessary for them to have separate tables since they are big boys and girl now.

 

“Alright, if you say so,” He wasn’t done to that sentence and everyone knew what was coming, “Pay for your own bills.”

 

“But mom!” Everyone, except Mark, whines in the most baby voice way. But that didn’t change Jinyoung’s mind as the waiter came back and led them to their tables.

 

“Nice going there, hyung.” Youngjae sarcastically whisper to Jackson, who pouted in return and apologize for his stupid words. Then, suddenly…

 

“I’ll pay for our bills.” When everyone’s eyes landed on Mark, they were shock to see Mark smiling at them. It was the first time they saw Mark smiling today.

 

“Hyung… we can all pay for the bill.” Yugyeom said softly.

 

Jackson didn’t let himself to be left out as he speaks, a bit too loud, “Let’s all pay for our meals! Share, share, share!”

 

“But I didn’t bring my wallet with me,” It was Youngjae’s turn to speak but no one really was paying attention so he decided to sneak off and just ask Jackson later.

 

They ordered quietly and ate their food quietly, Mark was eating deliciously from his appetizer, so when they arrived at the main dish, they all ordered the same thing.

 

A pork and a steak, together in one plate, “That just so weird,” Youngjae commented as the food arrived in their tables, looking and sniffing at the food, Jackson added, “Though it smells good.”

 

“Because its a food.” Youngjae sarcastically respond.

 

While they were eating quietly, Mark decided to speak. His firm, low tone interrupted all of them, “Guys, dad is sending me back to America.”

 

They all froze in full shocked, Jackson had his spoon halfway to his mouth while Youngjae stopped chewing his food. Bambam didn’t even look up as he kept his head low and Yugyeom’s eyes widened as he stare Mark.

 

“What…?” Jackson let his spoon to fell in his plate and decided to break the silence, “What do you mean by that, hyung?”

 

“There’s a only boy academy in Seattle, Washington. He said it’ll be a great opportunity for me to enter such a prestigious school.” Mark respond gently and slow, looking at them carefully as he added, “I decided to go.”

 

“But hyung!” Youngjae gulp the piece of food inside of his mouth and abruptly speaks. Their neighbor’s table was looking at them curiously as Youngjae raised his voice a while ago.

 

Mark knew that it would be hard for the rest to accept it but when he’s gone, it’ll be perfectly fine. “Hey, don’t worry. I’m not leaving tonight or tomorrow.”

 

“That wasn’t even the case of it,” Yugyeom whisper lowly, “Hyung, if you leave us like that, don’t you even care about us?”

 

“I do care about you guys… But it’s dad’s decision. He wants me to be successful.”

 

For the first time, Jackson noticed something strange between those sentence of Mark. He wasn’t happy about their dad wanting him to be successful.

 

When Mark was done with his meal, he place his money on the table with a smile, and speaks, “Let’s all hang out tonight, how’s that?”

 

Jackson nodded his head without hesitation, followed by a hesitant nods from Youngjae and Yugyeom. Bambam was still looking down, with now his spoon playing with his steak, he nods his head quietly.

 

After 30 minutes of eating their dessert, the silence that filled them a while ago was replaced with loud and jokes in the air. Mark was happy about his brothers trying to cheer him up.

 

Jackson figured out something yet he didn’t say anything but Mark knew Jackson would talk to him regarding to that.

 

Bambam, still in his world, was trying the urge not to cry in front of his hyung. He was still looking down, tears forming on the corner of his eyes, as he bite down his lower lip.

 

They knew that no matter what Jaebum said or suggested, you will eventually going to listen to him and follow what he said. But that was the biggest mistakes that their dad had told them.

 

Sure, Mark grew up in America and spent his childhood there, but going back to states, when Bambam knew that Mark would tell him what he was waiting for, everything went flip.

 

But Mark would definitely say to wait for him. That he’ll be back, that he’ll visit sometimes, that he would call them sometimes, and would video chat secretly with Bambam… The idea got Bambam to roll his tears and quickly wipe it secretly, without anyone noticing it.


 

When they all arrive at the house peacefully, Jackson dragged Mark to his room and warned Youngjae and Yugyeom not to disturb the hyungs. Youngjae, noticing the sad Bambam, asked the younger to play video games with him. Jaebum decided to take a rest in their room. With that chance, Yugyeom took that chance to asked their beloved mother about the situation.

 

“Mom, what was that? Mark hyung is moving to America?” As if thunderbolt hit Jinyoung right in the head, he jolt and turn around to look at Yugyeom with a confused and shocked expression.

 

“What?”

 

“Mark hyung told us at the restaurant. He said that dad want him to enter that only-boy academy in America.”

 

“But, Yugyeom,” Jinyoung hesitantly urges, looking at Yugyeom, with a small smile covering his lips, Jinyong respond carefully, “What I know is that dad was planning to send Bambam to America in a girls only academy.”

 

And now Yugyeom knew, along with Jackson, why Mark decided to go to the states and was acting cold towards their father.



 

A/N; A crappy chapter, that is. I’m deeply sorry. I just want to end this so I can move on to the next, which is a bit angst-y. Lol. Is that a word?

 

Please do understand that it may a bit boring and crappy but do not stop on reading this. I love you guys for commenting whenever I posted something and stuff. c: I sarang you guys all! <3

 

All gifs aren't mine and please excuse my incorrect grammar and such.