What surprise the others, surprise Jackson the most.

The Wish

Chapter Three; What surprise the others, surprise Jackson the most.

 

“3AM? You gotta be kidding me now.” Mark said, rolling his eyes in attempt to show that he was unpleased about the time Jackson was telling him.

 

“Just…” Jackson sighed, “Be up around that time and you would know.”

 


 

“What?” Once he open his eyes, he saw himself, staring ahead on his ceiling, or BamBam’s ceiling.

 

Was he hallucinating? He felt a weight hovering on him. The shape of the thing is not a human but a … cat?

 

“Meow, Meow, Meow.” The cat meowed, purring its paw on Jackson’s cheek, making Jackson to sit up abruptly and stare at the cat like it grew another head.

 

Did he brought a cat at home? Is this a stray cat? Then Jackson’s lips tugged a smirk, his infamous grin was on his face when he lift the cat up, and heading out to the room he was in.


 

A screamed slash unmanly scream slash a high pitched scream was heard when Mark was getting finally his peaceful sleep. Jackson tricked him. He stayed up around 2AM, apparently, he misheard Jackson. He was supposed to be up around 3AM but anyway, Jackson still tricked him. That latter only want the room for himself, not wanting to share it with Mark.

 

So, Mark ended up staying all night, waiting for nothing. But the screamed woke him up, even though he wasn’t even falling asleep yet, and made him ran out of his room to the source of the scream, which located in JackYoungYeom’s room.

 

Here lies, the owner of the screamed, Im Yugyeom, who was in the floor, shivering while hiding himself behind BamBam’s back.

 

“What the is going on here?” Mark’s face was boiling in red, full of anger for destroying his peaceful time.

 

“A-...” Yugyeom’s lips quivered in fear, unable to continue as BamBam sighed in frustration.

 

“A cat was found beside him.” BamBam continue for Yugyeom.

 

Mark raised his brow and looked over to see a greyish cat on Yugyeom’s bed, purring on Yugyeom’s cover. At first, Mark just stared at it like he doesn’t care but realization hit him.

 

“Ah, a cat.” He said calmly.

 

“W...what are you so calm about it? It’s a stray cat!” Yugyeom whined in frustration.

 

Mark looked at Yugyeom and laughed a little, “It’s just a cat.” He casually said, “Besides, a cat doesn’t harm a human. They mostly afraid of it.”

 

“Cats are afraid of dogs!”

 

“So, what’s your point?”

 

When Yugyeom gasped at how calm Mark is about the cat, he mentally cursed his older brother and just sighed in defeat.

 

The thing about Yugyeom freaking out about the cat is that, he hates and despise cats. He’s allergic to it but when he was a kid-- he used to love kittens and cats. He would always play with the stray ones in the park, ending up getting scolded at. When he reached 7th grader, a cat attacked him for no apparent reason, and Yugyeom ended up being brought to the hospital and got admitted for almost a week.

 

Another sighed escaped Mark when he finally calmed down his little brother but one thing that bothers him, how did a cat got inside of the house? Did Youngjae finally revealed himself that he was a cat lover?

 

“Ah, hyung, good morning.” Youngjae passed by Mark’s room, peeking inside with a smile. “I guess you got woken up by Yugyeom’s alarm.”

 

“I suppose you can say that.” Mark said, flopping on the bed. “What day is it?”

 

“You’re sleeping again?” Youngjae asked, narrowing his eyes as he thinks, “Hm, it’s Thursday.”  

 

“Thursday?” Mark repeated, though his tone was kinda a bit shocked.

 

“Yes, I just checked on my calendar.” Youngjae casually said, “I have a free day in my vocal classes and such. How about you?”

 

Mark finally decided to sit up on his bed as his mind started to drift off the things he planned today, “Our coach got injured and right now he’s resting. So, a free day, I guess.”

 

“Well, that’s good.” Youngjae smile, looking over to his wrist watch, “I better go. I need something in the market. Mom called me.”

 

Mark nodded and before Youngjae could exit his room, he called out for the younger, and with a smirk on his lips; he teasingly said, “There’s a cat on your room. Was that yours?”

 

Youngjae blinked and remembered why Yugyeom shouted. “Oh, yeah, I saw Jackson carrying that on our room and placed it on Yugyeom. I don’t know…”

 

Mark blinked once again as Youngjae exited.

 

While thinking who’s the owner of the cat, Mark drifted to his dreamland and never got woken up.


 

Jackson came out of his room an hour after the incident. He was pure clueless about the scream and the cat on Yugyeom’s bed. Well, Jackson is the mastermind of it.

 

“Hyung~” He heard Yugyeom whining, running towards him with a pout in his lips. “There’s a cat in our room.”

 

Jackson thought to himself, ‘Too bad, Yugyeom-ah, you are too innocent and pure.’ And he didn’t even realize himself laughing out loud.

 

Yugyeom tilt his head with a questioning look, “Well, you are stupid enough to laugh without any reason.” Yugyeom said, sarcastically.

 

Jackson’s laugh die down and he glared, “Say what? I’m not that stupid!”

 

The two started to send each other a deadly glare and Jackson spotted, behind Yugyeom, BamBam on his way to them.

 

“BamBam~” He shouted loudly enough for BamBam to get his attention.

 

BamBam flinched at the voice. He thought for a second that it was Youngjae but he was wrong! It was Jackson.

 

“How was your sleep!” Jackson smile in glee, attempting to hug BamBam when a hand stop him so.

 

As a thought of Yugyeom stopping him, he glared and snapped his head to Yugyeom, “What--” He cut himself when he see another person, not Yugyeom, with a dark aura surrounding him.

 

“I’m happy that you are happy, Kayee.” Mark said, anger boiling within his tone. “I guess that you forgot about the rule of me taking a nap.”

 

Jackson’s eyes twitch in horror. Whenever Mark started to call him by his given name, he’s dead.

 

“And come to think of it, you tricked me.” Mark smile, the creepy one, as Jackson quoted.

 

“D-D-D…” Jackson’s cold sweat started to run like a faucet on his forehead, if that’s possible.

 

He heard Yugyeom saying his condolence on him while BamBam trying not to laugh at the scene.  

 

“Well, Kayee.” Mark started off again, sarcasm filled along with it, “Anything that you want to say before you go to hell?”

 

Jackson started to gulp down his saliva as he was left speechless.

 

“We’ll leave you guys alone.” Yugyeom said, “BamBam and I are planning to head to the library.”

 

When Jackson sent the two don’t-ing-stand-there-help-me-for-god’s-sake look. BamBam pouted and whisper to Yugyeom, the younger whined and sighed in defeat when he received a pout.

 

“Hyung, Bam said don’t kill him yet. He can help us with the problem.” Mark turn his gaze to Yugyeom, who flinched when the younger caught Mark’s deadly gaze.

 

“Help? This idiot?”

 

“Y-yes,” Yugyeom hesitantly answer.

 

Mark’s eyes lowered down on Jackson, who was slowly stepping away, with a sigh, Mark nodded. “Fine,”


 

The three started to walk on the street, and BamBam was sweating a lot. Why? Jackson’s eyes are bore to him, not wanting to blink away.

 

“Jackson hyung, you’re scaring BamBam.” Yugyeom finally said, pushing Jackson to go lead them.

 

With a huff of disapproval, Jackson lead them anyway.

 

They arrived in the library and BamBam quickly moved his feet to the Literature books. He got himself interested about literature and wanted to learn them.

 

Jackson and Yugyeom ended up dragging themselves in the old books.

 

“Why are we in here?” Jackson asked, for like the tenth times they arrived in the section.

 

“To search how to break a spell or magic.” Yugyeom casually said, moving his eyes from left to right to find the books that could help them.

 

“Break a spell? Magic?” Jackson asked, more to himself, and grab a random book out of the shelves. “Well, usually, spell or magic can be broken by doing the spell or magic again… Though, in reverse.”

 

Yugyeom’s eyes widened and he froze for a good minute. Jackson said something that either their parents would believe in them if Yugyeom tell them.

 

“Come again?” Yugyeom said, finally snapping back to the realm and now looking at Jackson.

 

Jackson cocked his brow, opening the book as he playfully flipped the pages, “Magic or spell,” He started off, “Usually got broken by repeating the procedure but in reverse way.”

 

Yugyeom’s eyes sparkled and he nearly, yes, nearly, hugged his brother in happiness. He dragged Jackson out of the section and run to search for BamBam.

 

When Yugyeom caught a shiny blonde locks in the comic section, he immediately skipped to it and shouted BamBam’s name.

 

BamBam turned around and a smile tugged on his lips, yet he didn’t say anything.

 

“Jackson hyung told me something that could help us!”

 

“Really?!” BamBam said in excitement. “What is it? HOW?!”

 

Jackson gasped at how BamBam’s voice changed. What he meant is, BamBam still a kid and eventually his voice or his appearance would changed but not in the way he looks like a girl and sound like a girl.

 

“I’ll explain later…” Yugyeom chuckled, “Right now, let’s tell this to Mark hyung!”

 

“What the is going on in here?” Jackson snapped, looking at BamBam and Yugyeom, “Why is BamBam’s hair are longer than it should be? Why the hell his voice changed into a girl’s voice?” Jackson chanted out his question.

 

BamBam looked at Yugyeom with a look of I-was-too-excited-I-ended-up-talking. Yugyeom shook his head and smile sadly at BamBam.

 

“This is the problem we are having. Among us, including our parents, you’re the only one who hasn’t noticed BamBam is literally a girl now.”

 

Silence filled them, only the noise of the other customer was heard instead.

 

A minute had passed, BamBam sighed, showing that he was waiting for Jackson to say something.

 

And Jackson questioned after BamBam’s sighed, “She’s a girl?! But… BamBam’s a boy when he was a kid!”

 

BamBam and Yugyeom mentally face palmed themselves. Yeah, they were expecting Jackson to say something stupid or rather impossible to keep up but they didn’t expect this answer of course.

 

“No.” Yugyeom said, almost irritated as he speak, “BamBam turned into a girl after dad’s party.”

 

Jackson blinked his eyes, showing that he didn’t understand a thing.

 

“Can you not?” Yugyeom sighed in an irritated way, “You didn’t notice BamBam’s sudden changed?”

 

“Well,” Jackson finally speak, “He look so normal, though. So, yeah. I didn’t notice.”

 

“He got a freaking long hair!” Yugyeom whined, receiving a hush from the people around them.

 

“I didn’t notice that, geez.” Jackson roll his eyes.

 

Yugyeom’s blood rose up to his head, making his face to shine brightly red and BamBam ended up stopping his brother on attacking Jackson.

 

In the house, where Mark was resting, a knock on his door snap him out of his sleep but he didn’t felt like sleeping again and jump off of his bed.

 

“Oh, Youngjae?” Mark rub his eyes as Youngjae’s arms are full of snacks and sodas.

 

“Let’s have a picnic!” Youngjae smile widely, making Mark to step aside and let Youngjae in.

 

“How’s your sleep? Did you slept well?” Youngjae asked, his back facing Mark so he didn’t see Mark’s sour expression.

 

When they settle in, Mark’s chewing on his chip when Youngjae speaks again, “BamBam’s a girl.”

 

“I know that.” Mark said.

 

Youngjae tap his soda and sighed, “What are we going to do? The break’s gonna end around this week.”

 

Mark stop chewing on his chips, looking at Youngjae, with a sad smile, “BamBam hates me.”

 

“What?” Youngjae gasped, “BamBam wouldn’t hate you. He loves you.”

 

“Exactly.” Mark said, finally letting both of his hands on his side, “This is . I heard them talking in the room. I mean, yeah, I know that I am very protective when it comes to him and I usually hear him saying he hates him.” Mark said, narrowing his eyes sadly. “He’s a girl now and my heart clenched when he said that he hates me.”

 

Youngjae butted his question, “You addressed him like the usual.”

 

“Well, he is, still, our little brother.”

 

When Mark broke down into a smile, Youngjae shoot him a bright smile as well.

 

Days had passed when Yugyeom told Mark about the discovery of Jackson’s unexpected ideas.

 

They tried… Though they didn’t know how in the world BamBam turned into a girl. It was the only problem they had, excluding the lady they saw.

 

“This cat is bugging me!” Jackson whined, “Can we kick him out?”

 

“Who brought him inside anyway?” Yugyeom sarcastically said.

 

Jackson gritted his teeth and shake his head, “It was not me! I swear to god! I found him hovering on me!”

 

“You made it sound like it was you.” Mark deadpanned.

 

A gasped of shock slipped out of Jackson’s lips. How can they be so rude to him? He wasn’t the fault in here.

 

The cat run around in the living room, making Yugyeom and Jackson to run after the creature.

 

When the cat lose its balance, it slipped way to the shelves where the family albums are in there.

 

Jackson shrieked in agony as a few albums fell down on the floor, wincing in pain, the cat tried to struggle to get free.

 

“No!” Jackson yelled, getting all the albums away from it’s body so it can be free.

 

Once the cat is free, it run to BamBam’s arms and snuggled to his arms. Jackson glared at the cat and just sighed in defeat.

 

“He ruined our shelves!” Jackson whined in frustration. Mark just stared at him like he grew another head but shrug the thought as his attention went to the black envelope in the floor.

 

“Hey, this is a odd looking envelope.” BamBam said, grabbing the envelope.

 

Jackson and Yugyeom are still glaring at the cat when BamBam open the envelope. Youngjae and Mark was looking at BamBam, waiting to see what’s inside.

 

His eyes suddenly went wide as the piece of paper, which was inside, consist of the truth.

 

Yugyeom snap out of glaring at the cat and look at BamBam, “You okay?”

 

“Th-...” BamBam close his mouth, inhaling a lot of air then he continue, “This is Jackson’s and mine birth certificate.”

 

Mark cocked his brow, “What is it doing there?”

 

“I don’t know. But,” Jackson’s head snap to BamBam as he heard his name being called, “Our father is Im Jaebum.”

 

“Of course, dad is our father.” Yugyeom said, casually.

 

“No, but the thing is… Our mother is Im Yoona.”

 

Everyone froze, not a single noise was heard.

 

After a moment of thinking who is that, Jackson broke down the silence and said, “Maybe that’s mom’s maiden name.”

 

BamBam’s eyes bore into Jackson, not wanting to say or anything. When Mark yank the paper out of his hands, he almost choked out.

 

Jackson and BamBam had a different mother. Mark tried to find their mom’s name when the door in the front open.

 

Jaebum’s shoes were screeching in the floor and when Jinyoung greeted his sons, glares has been received.

 

“Why are you glaring at us?” Jinyoung said, confused. “Don’t you guys missed us?”

 

“We missed you.” Yugyeom said, narrowing his eyes to look at Jackson and BamBam.

 

“But,” Mark started, looking at Jackson and BamBam direction. “We don’t know about Jackson and BamBam.”

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung eyes bore into Jackson and BamBam, who was avoiding their eyes.

 

“What’s going on?” Jaebum asked.

 

It was Yugyeom’s turn to speak but Jackson cut him off, “Well, knowing that Jinyoung, Park Jinyoung, is not our mother, really broke our hearts, dad.”

 

Their parents’ eyes widened in full shock. Unable to answer what Jackson said, Jaebum hang his head down.

 

“Y-you found out.” Jinyoung stuttered.

 

“Why’d you hide it from us?” BamBam said, “And who is this Im Yoona.”

 

“Im Yoona is Jackson and BamBam’s mother. She and I dated before I met your mother.” Jaebum said, smiling sadly at the two. “You do know that our Jinyoung can’t be pregnant.”

 

Jackson gasped and the rest snapped their heads to Jackson, “What?” He asked in full puzzled look and an irritated look. Everyone was looking at him like he was a kind of ghost.

 

“Guys can’t be pregnant, Jackson. You should know that.” Mark said, sarcastically.

 

Jackson nods his head hesitantly, “Of course, I know that.”

 

And everyone didn’t believe in that, as they roll their eyes.

 

“But,” Jaebum continue, “All of you our my sons. Not a single adopted. You guys are made by my own .”

 

Mark, Jackson, and Youngjae glared at their father when the other tilt their heads, confused on what their father is saying.

 

“So, who’s our real mother?” Questioned by Mark, whose eyes are staring down, rather than to look at their parents.

 

“Jinyoung’s older sister, Junah.”

 

All eyes suddenly snapped at Jaebum. Their aunt is Mark, Yugyeom, and Youngjae’s mother? “T-that’s…” Youngjae said, unable to continue it.

 

Suddenly, the cat purr it’s body on Jinyoung’s leg, seeking for attention, and when the cat got it, Jinyoung gasped.

 

“This is the cat that lead us together!”

 

“That’s ridiculous!” Jaebum spat, “It’s been…” As if Jaebum was waiting for someone, by means Mark, to say how many years has it been.

 

Mark sighed, trying himself not to smile, “22 years.”

 

“Right,” Jaebum sent Mark a smile, “it’s been 22 years. That cat might be dead now.”

 

“No, I wouldn’t mistaken the cat that brought us together because it got the same scar on it’s right eye.” Jinyoung said in awe, lifting the cat up to his arms, the cat snuggle up to him.

 

“That cat destroyed our shelves.” Jackson said. “I didn’t know where that thing came from!”

 

“Who left the window wide open?” Jinyoung’s lips curve into a tiny grin, “Jackson, baby, we know that you didn’t bring it but you left the window wide open.”

 

“Wow, that cat is such a pain in the .” Jackson rolled his eyes, mumbling.

 

All of them started to gather around to get their gifts and stuff, except BamBam, who is disappointment on what he had found out about him.

 

First, he turned into a girl without even knowing why or how. Second, Mark isn’t talking nor looking at him a while ago, and the last one, Jinyoung is not their mother.

 

“My life… the story of my life.” BamBam sighed, looking up at the ceiling as tears started to roll down.

 

A soft finger swipe swiftly across his cheeks, wiping the tears that just rolled. When he look at the person, Mark had the same expression of BamBam, disappointment, plus sadness.

 

“You shouldn’t be crying about finding out that Jinyoung is not our mother.”

 

BamBam’s lips shivered, a sob is incoming.

 

“And you shouldn’t be sad about this too.” Mark said, quietly.

 

When Mark engulf BamBam’s body to his arms and hugged the smaller tightly. “We’re still a family, BamBam. Whether we had a different mother or father, we still are family.”

 

BamBam couldn’t hold his tears back and started to bawled in Mark’s chest, crying all of his tears away.

 

Mark just kept on rubbing the younger’s back, biting his lips when he felt himself crying as well.

 

BamBam always had this effect on Mark. BamBam’s cries make him cry along with him, burying his face on BamBam’s blonde locks.

 

They stayed like that as Jaebum and Jinyoung watched across the room, feeling a bit guilty on BamBam’s tears.

 

And Jackson is still confused on why guys can’t be pregnant.



 

A/N; Okay, so I updated earlier than what I had expected. So, anyway. I typed this at my school today and I tried to, literally, tried to be as good as it should be.

 

So I’m sorry if a lot of error in there and yeah, it might get a little confusing too.

 

So, I’m doing a poll. This is the question; Who would you like to be Mark’s rival in the story? It can be one of their brothers too or someone you would like to add in this story.

 

Majority wins, though. Haha. So, choose wisely!