Chapter 14

Life Isn't a FanFic

Chunji woke up the next day to his usual alarm. He got up and shut it off. School again. Ugggggghh. He got out of his bed and got ready for school.

When he got out of the bathroom, he saw that Ricky was awake, and ready. "Hey Ricky," he said.

Ricky looked over at him, and Chunji swore that for a millisecond, Ricky looked like he was guilty of something, before he flashed his usual smile. Chunji didn't really think much about it. Maybe I'm just really tired. 

 

Throughout their first subject (Math), Chunji saw from his peripheral vision that Changjo and Ricky were stealing glances at him, and after a while would start whispering to each other. Okay, now this is getting weird. Before the day ends, I am going to find out what is up.

When the final bell rang that day, Chunji quickly got up from his seat. He had been waiting the entire day. and his curiosity was killing him. He was about to leave the room, when someone grabbed his wrist. 

"We need to talk," said Byunghun. He let go of Chunji and sat down on a chair, and waited for everyone to clear out. Soon, it was just him and Chunji.

"Byunghun, what's this about?" asked Chunji, "I need to be somewhere-"

"This will only take a minute, I swear," said Byunghun. He took a deep breath and said, "Last night, you were sleep talking."

Chunji had a confused look on his face. "I don't sleep talk. I don't really get what you're trying to say-"

"Just... listen. Okay?" said Byunghun. "You were sleep talking last night, trust me, and I wondered if you would respond if I talked to you. Turns out you did. I- I asked you if you had feelings for anyone-"

"I already answered that, didn't I? I said no," said Chunji.

"Yeah, but you lied didn't you?" asked Byunghun. A guilty look spread over Chunji's face, but he said nothing. Byunghun went on. "You answered me with a yes. And when I asked you who it was..... you said it was me."

Chunji looked at Byunghun, his eyes b with tears. "I'm sorry," he said, before picking up his things, and running out of the room. He ran, ran away from Byunghun, and ignored his futile calls of "Channie!"

Chunji continued running, not knowing exactly where he was headed. After what felt like hours of running, he found a stone bench somewhere around campus and sat down. There, he let it all sink in. Byunghun finally knew that he had feelings for him. His big secret was out. I was out, and he ran away because he didn't want to see how Byunghun would react. He didn't want to see that disgusted look on his face. 

Stupid. Stupid Chanhee. STUPID! He wanted to scream, but his throat was too dry, and even if it wasn't, he wasn't sure if he had the strength to do it. He just sat there with his eyes shut so hard that they started to hurt. But he didn't care. As long as that pain would distract him, would cloud his thoughts and feelings at the moment. 

Minutes later, he heard the sound of footsteps, and someone panting. His eyes were still shut tight, and he daren't open them just in case it was Byunghun. The footsteps stopped beside him, and he could hear that person trying to catch their breath.

"Yah! I've been looking everywhere for you. Literally," said the voice, who was obviously Byunghun. Chunji didn't need to open his eyes to know that. 

Even though he couldn't tell, Chunji was quite certain that Byunghun had taken the seat next to him. "Channie. Channie," said Byunghun. Chunji didn't respond. "Channie I- I'm not gonna lie, I was absolutely shocked when I found out. But I'm here to tell you Channie, that I'm still your friend. Your best friend. I'm not gonna let something like that get in the way of our friendship. That's not me. I'll admit, I was kind of mad you didn't tell me, and chose to lie instead, but I'm over that now." He took a deep breath and continued, "I'm still here for you Channie. I'm still your best friend Byunghun; And you're my best friend."

Chunji opened his eyes, but still avoided eye contact with Byunghun. He knew something worse was about to come, and he was trying to brace himself for it. "But- I'm sorry Channie. I- That's all I can, and probably will be: your best friend. I can't force myself to like you Channie. If I did, I'd be hurting you more. I'm sorry." And there it was. The biggest blow of all. Chunji felt a single tear fall from his right eye, and before another could do the same, he stood up and walked away. Away from Byunghun.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: Double update :D Because I love you guys that much :3 I know it's probably not exactly what you were hoping for (please don't kill me T.T), but I swear, ChunJoe is going to get together.... someday HAHAHA Nah just kidding, they'll get together soon enough :3 Till then, tell me what you thought of this chapter. Please comment, subscribe if you haven't, and upvote. To all my readers, I LOVE YOU <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-