Chapter 6

Life Isn't a FanFic

For days Chunji had been pretending to be okay. It was already hard to try and look okay to Byunghun, but trying to look okay when Byunghun and Bora were together made things a lot harder. They were practically inseparable now. Just like how Byunghun and I were. Bitter thoughts clouded Chunji's mind which resulted in him not being able to pay attention to what their professor was saying.

"Chunji?". He looked up and saw that everyone in the class was staring at him.

"Pardon?", asked Chunji.

"Do you know the answer to this equation?", asked their professor. Chunji looked at the chemical equation written on the board. Apparently they were discussing Reduction-Oxidation reactions. Thankfully, he was relatively good at those. He stood up and wrote the answer on the board before heading back to his seat. 

The rest of the class was a blur and the next thing Chunji knew, the bell signaling the end of classes rang. He got his things and headed out of the classroom. He felt a weight on his shoulder and looked up to see that it was Byunghun.

"Hey, you okay?", asked Byunghun, with a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine", said Chunji. No, I'm not. 

"You sure?", asked Byunghun. Chunji just nodded and tried to smile. "Well, if you want we could hang out. Just you and me", said Byunghun, smiling. 

"What about Bora though?", ased Chunji, bitterly. 

"What about her?", asked Byunghun.

"Isn't she going to be coming along? I mean, you two seem inseparable", replied Chunji.

"Oh, something came up. Besides, I was really hoping that I could spend time with you alone", said Byunghun. 

Dammit Byunghun. "Fine, I'll go", said Chunji, as he tried to hide the fact that he was profusely blushing.

"Yay! Thanks Channiiieeeee", cried Byunghun, as he hugged Chunji tightly. Chunji was taken aback by this, and fortunately stopped himself from squealing. 

"Can't.... breathe....", said Chunji. Byunghun let go of him and smiled. "So are we going for the usual cafe-hang-out?", asked Chunji.

"We could. Or we could do that and then just walk around campus drinking coffee", said Byunghun.

"Sounds great", replied Chunji. They both made their way to the cafe nearby. Chunji ordered a vnilla latte, and Byunghun chose a caramel macchiato. They walked side-by-side, just laughing and talking about random stuff while sipping on their individual drinks. For a whie, Chunji felt as if everything had gona back to normal. Like it was just him and Byunghun again. After an hour of just walking around, they decided to sit down on the sidewalk. Their weren't a lot of people around, save the occasional nighttime jogger.

"So, I've been meaning to ask you something", said Byunghun

"What is it?", asked Chunji. 

"I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now and....", said Byunghun, breaking off mid-sentence.

"Tell me what?", Chunji asked. Oh god, is he going to confess to me or something? Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod.

"Promise me that you'll still be my best friend and that nothing I say will change anything?", asked Byunghun.

"I promise", assured Chunji. Ohmygod I am so not ready for this.

"I.... I asked Bora if she would be my girlfriend, and she said yes", said Byunghun. Chunji's world fell. The shattered pieces of his heart turned to fine dust as they shattered once more. Chunji felt like Byunghun had just punched him in the gut. He felt like vomiting right then and there. But all this, he kept to himself.

"That's it? Why the heck wouldn't I be your best friend because of that?", asked Chunji, his voice somewhat shaky.

"I just thought you were into the whole 'Pals before gals' thing or whatever. Anyway, I promise I'll make time for you guys even if  Bora and I are together now", said Byunghun. 

"It's fine. You go and enjoy your relationship. Do the other guys know?", asked Chunji. Byunghun shook his head. "Why'd you tell me first though?", Chunji asked.

"I felt like you'd be the one who'd understand the most. And because we had the same last class", explained Byunghun.

"Well, I'm not gonna stop being your best friend. Also, we should really be getting back. It's getting late", said Chunji, as he stood up.

"Thanks Channie. For  everything", said Byunghun.

"No problem", replied Chunji.

 

As soon as he got in his room, Chunji crashed into his bed and started crying. WHY? WHY? WHY'D I HAVE TO FALL FOR HIM? STUPID CHUNJI. STUPID! YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER EXPECTED HIM TO LIKE YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN HURT AS MUCH! He heard the front door open, and close, but didn't look up. Thankfully it was just Changjo, and Ricky. Chunji felt them sit on his bed beside him, but kept  his head down.

"Chunji? Are you awake? You okay?", asked Ricky. No answer.

"Chunji. Hey man, what's wrong?", asked Changjo. Still no answer. 

"Chunji?", asked Ricky. No response. "Must be asleep", mumbled Ricky. He heard Ricky and Changjo exchange goodnight's with each other and heard the door close. "Chunji, I know you're awake. What's wrong?", asked Ricky. No response. "Lee Chanhee, what the f-"

"I'm what's wrong. STUPID ME! I kept expecting to much, and look where that's gotten me!" yelled Chunji.

Ricky rushed over to him and hugged him and tried soothing him. At first Chunji tried to break out of the hug, but soon melted into it and hugged Ricky tightly. Chunji's tears just kept falling one after the other. 

After minutes of crying, Ricky let go of Chunji and told him to rest, before laying down on his bed, and going to sleep. Chunji on the other hand, wanted to cry some more, but couldn't. He just kept staring at the ceiling blankly, with bitter thoughts running through his mind.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: So I finally updated HURRAH! Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please comment, subscribe if you haven't, and upvote. To all my readers, I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 Thank you ouo Byeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. Wish me luck on my exams this week, and next week T.T