Chapter 21

Life Isn't a FanFic

"Hey," said Byunghun.

Chunji couldn't help but stare at him for a few seconds. They hadn't seen or spoken to each other in three years after all. Byunghun had dyed his hair. What was once yellow was now a light shade of purple. Coincidentally, Chunji had dyed his hair the same color as well, only a tad bit lighter. 

"You mind if I sit down?" asked Byunghun, pointing to the empty seat beside Chunji. 

"Yeah, sure," said Chunji, scooting over as to give Byunghun some space to sit in. Byunghun murmured thanks and sat down. The atmosphere was tense and silent and awkward. Neither one of them seemed to have any plans of staring a conversation. Byunghun couldn't stand it anymore. Screw it.

"So... how are you?" Byunghun asked.

"Fine, I guess. I mean, I'm running for summa laude, which is what ultimately my goal, so yeah, I'm great," said Chunji.

"Really? That's awesome! Congratulations!" said Byunghun. He was about to hug Chunji, but then stopped and withdrew, blushing.

"Uhm yeah thanks," said Chunji, "How about you? How are you?"

"I'm doing okay. I mean, I'm not exactly at the top, but I'm just... happy," Byunghun said, smiling. Five seconds of silence followed. "So," said Byunghun, "I was thinking maybe we could, um, go get coffee or whatever, and catch up or something- I mean if it's fine with you 'cause um-"

"Yeah, sure," said Chunji. As much as he hated it, he couldn't bring himself to believe that he didn't miss Byunghun. After all, they were best friends even before they were boyfriends. 

 

A few minutes later, they both found themselves in a cafe near their school. The place was pretty packed when they arrived. Thankfully there was one table without anyone sitting in it. After ordering they sat down and talked.

"So, you're running for summa laude," said Byunghun, "not that surprised, since you always were conscious about your grades."

"Is there something wrong with that?" asked Chunji with a questioning look.

"No. It's a good thing. It's also pretty awesome how you juggle academics, your fanfics, and your social life," said Byunghun.

"Oh, um, I kind of stopped writing after..." Chunji stopped and didn't finish his sentence. He didn't have to for Byunghun to get it. "Look, I'm sorry I brought it up-"

"Hey, it's fine," assured Byunghun. "So are you seeing anyone at the moment?"

"Uh, yeah! He's a great guy. He doesn't go to our school though," said Chunji. WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU LYING FOR?! 

"Oh," said Byunghun, "what's his name?"

Chunji quickly racked his brain for a random name. "Kwangsoo," he replied. WHO THE HECK IS THAT?

"Maybe you could introduce me to him sometime," said Byunghun.

"Yeah," said Chunji, faking a smile, "Maybe."

 

The night had ended and Byunghun was in his room, laying down on his bed with the lights off. His roommate was out to who-knows-where which meant that he had the room to himself. Normally he wouldn't have minded, but on a night like this, a night where he found out that Chunji was in a relationship, that he had moved on and was happy with his life, the room felt awfully large, and the darkness felt like it would consume him any second. Byunghun tossed and turned in bed, trying to block out thoughts of Chunji and this faceless stranger named Kwangsoo. Was Kwangsoo treating Chunji right? Did he check up on him tonight? Does he really love Chunji? Byunghun screamed and threw his pillow across the room. He sat on his bed, with his knees to his chest, as his tears began to fall from his eyes.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: YAY UPDATE! Sorry if it's kind of short though :c Anyway I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment, subscribe if you haven't and upvote. To all my readers, I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. SHAKE IT FOR ME MY BABYYYYYY OMG SISTAR <3