Chapter 16

Life Isn't a FanFic

As Chunji walked to his room, he began thinking about what he and Myungsoo had done that day; and what happened before that. His conversation with Byunghun still shadowed the memories with Myungsoo in them. After dragging his feet in what seemed to be the longest hallway ever, he finally arrived outside his room. He could hear voices inside. 

Chunji opened the door and saw Changjo, Ricky, and Byunghun. They were huddled around Ricky's laptop, watching a new music video. When they heard the door open, they turned around and their eyes met with Chunji's. Ricky and Changjo suddenly stood up, their eyes on the ground, and started doing whatever. Byunghun didn't move a muscle.

"Hey," said Byunghun.

"Hey," replied Chunji. Somehow there was this thick atmosphere of awkwardness in the room. 

"So, what happened after- you know. You just suddenly left and- Look, Chunji I-" said Byunghun, but Chunji cut him off.

"Don't. And I, um, I went out with Myungsoo," said Chunji.

"Oh," said Byunghun, as he ruffled his hair, "Well, that's great, I guess. Hope you had fun."

"I did actually, thanks," said Chunji. There was an awkward silence that occured after that. Chunji cleared his throat and set his things down and changed his clothes. Byunghun, Changjo, and Ricky continued to watch the music video they had been watching before Chunji entered, but were now silent. Chunji lay down on his side, and closed his eyes, hoping that he would drift off to sleep so that he could ignore the pain that still lingered in his heart.

 

One month later

"Chunji, hey Chunji"

Chunji squinted his eyes, and saw Ricky standing over him. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, and wondered why the heck Ricky would wake him up on a weekend. "What is it? What time is it?" asked Chunji.

"It's 9:12-ish. Oh, and Myungsoo's been calling you for like an hour now," said Ricky. 

Chunji rubbed his eyes again, and looked at his phone. 20 messages, and 20 missed calls from Myungsoo. As if on cue, hs phone rang again, and sure enough, it was was Myungsoo. He pressed the 'Answer' button and said, "Hello?"

"Hey. I've been trying to call you for the past hour or so. Where've you been?" Myungsoo asked.

"Sleeping," said Chunji, yawning, "So, why have you been calling?"

"I thought we could like hang out, if you want," replied Myungsoo.

"Sure," said Chunji.

"Great. I'll pick you up at lunch then," said Myungsoo. 

"Sounds good," said Chunji. They said bye to each other, and hung up. Chunji put his phone down and sighed. He and Myungsoo had been going out, unofficially, for a month now, and yet he still couldn't stop picturing that day, one month ago, with Byunghun. The words he said, the apologetic look on his face. It was like a nightmare that crept up into his head every night. 

Best friend..... I'm sorry....

Chunji sighed, and covered his face in his hands. Suddenly, he felt a weight on his shoulder. He looked up and saw that Ricky had taken a seat beside him, and had wrapped his arm on his shoulder. He had a small, reassuring smile on his face. "Hey," he said, "It's all going to turn out all right in the end. Okay?"

Chunji smiled and mumbled, "thanks," before standing up to take a bath. As he turned the shower on, hot water sprayed his face. He stood there for a while, just soaking himself, while thinking about everything that happened in the past month. He and Myungsoo went out often, Byunghun and Bora were still together, and he was still in love with Byunghun. He stood there for a good fifteen minutes, before he actually took a bath. 

Once he had finished getting ready, he sat on his bed, and checked his fanfics. He hadn't been updating as much, mainly because the thought of Byunghun always haunted him.

Author-nim, update soon please!

Where's the next chapter? :(

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAATE

Chunji's phone suddenly beeped while he was scrolling through the seemingly endless comments. He checked it out and saw that Myungsoo had texted him, saying that he was outside. He closed his laptop, waved goodbye to Ricky, and went out of his room. 

 

Chunji and Myungsoo hung out the whole afternoon, doing random stuff. Myungsoo would sometimes take a hold of Chunji's hand, but Chunji would just smile and pull his hand away. It was nearing sunset, and they were sitting down on a stone bench somewhere around the campus. They could see the sunset clearly from there. Chunji found everything about it fascinating, and beautiful. How it turned the sky into a palette of orange and yellow, how the sun seemingly sank into the horizon.

"Hey Chunji, I've been meaning to ask you something," said Myungsoo. Chunji looked over at him and said nothing, which Myungsoo took as a sign to keep going. "We've- We've been going out, unofficially that is, for like a month now, and I just thought it was time I asked you- Will you be my boyfriend Lee Chanhee?"

Chunji looked over at Myungsoo, speechless. "Myungsoo, I- I can't. You know I can't-"

"Hey," said Myungsoo reassuringly, "It's fine. I understand. I can wait."

"No Myungsoo," said Chunji, as tears started forming on his eyes, "You deserve someone better. Someone- Someone who can actually give you back the same amount of love you give to them. I- I'm not that person. I'm sorry Myungsoo." With that, Chunji turned around and ran away, leaving Myungsoo behind. 

 

Chunji felt horrible. Myungsoo never deserved to be treated that way. He ran towards his room, wiping his tears away as he did so. Just as he was about to open the door, he heard loud sobs coming from the inside. Chunji opened the door and saw Ricky, Changjo, Niel, CAP, and Byunghun inside. Byunghun was on his bed, sitting, with his head in his hands. As soon as he stepped in, all heads turned towards him; All eyes fixated on him.

Byunghun stood up and ran over, and hugged Chunji. Chunji was surprised at first, but then eventually hugged Byunghun back. "Hey," he said, "What's wrong?"

"We'll give you two some privacy," said Ricky, as the four of them went out. 

Chunji let Byunghun sit down on his bed, and waited for him to gain his composure. "Bora, she- she was cheating on me," said Byunghun.

"SHE WHAT?!" exclaimed Chunji, "I AM SO GOING TO KILL-"

"Hey, relax," said Byunghun, "I handled it. I broke up with her. I just- I'm really hurt. But I'll get over it. Eventually."

Chunji sighed and said, "I guess were both having a crappy day, huh?"

"What happened to you?" asked Byunghun. 

"Myungsoo asked me to be his boyfriend, and I- I just couldn't say yes. Because I don't feel the same way. I just thought it'd be unfair on his part," Chunji explained. An awkward silence followed. They just both sat there next to each other, staring at the floor. "So~ I guess I'd have to wait for three months before I can hope for you to date me. Because you know, three-month rule," Chunji joked. 

"Who cares about that stupid rule?" asked Byunghun, as he leaned in and kissed Chunji's lips.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: UPDATE :D I also made it relatively longer because I felt guilty for not having updated that quickly. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter (it's kind of messy though, so I apologize for that). Please comment, subscribe if you haven't, and upvote. To all my readers, I LOVE YOU <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeee -u-