Chapter 20

Life Isn't a FanFic

*Typing* *Silence* *Typing*

The intermitent sounds of typing and silence were all that could be heard from Chunji and Ricky's room. Chunji was sitting in front of his laptop, typing away. Although this one was not one of his fanfics, but one of his many papers. There was a cup of coffee sitting beside his laptop, and a handful of instant coffee packets surrounding it. Different papers were also scattered all around his desk. Chunji had been up all night typing word after word, paragraph after paragraph, and he was finally up to his last one. After a few minutes, Chunji breathed a sigh of relief, and pressed save. He closed his eyes, and leaned back on his chair, with a satisfied smile on his face.

Ricky woke up just as Chunji finished his paper, and yawned. "Hey," he said, "did you sleep at all?" Chunji just shook his head. Ricky stood up and looked over at Chunji's handiwork. "Are you done?" he asked. Chunji nodded. "Good for you. Get at least a little bit of sleep, okay?" said Ricky as he ruffled Chunji's hair.

Chunji opened his eyes and smiled. "I will. Thanks Ricky," he said. Ricky just returned the smile and went off to prepare for school. Thankfully Chunji only had one class that day and didn't start until later that day. Chunji sat up and went on the internet to email his papers. He opened his email and read the topmost one:

yunamen93 commented on your story

Chunji was surprised; he hadn't written or updated any of his fanfics for three years now. Ever since what happened with Byunghun, he had lost the will to keep on updating. Instead, he chose to focus on his studies even more to distract him from it. He hovered the mouse cursor over the email. He bit his lip in hesitation, and clicked on it. The reader had commented:

Author-nim! Where are you? You were one of my favorite authors of all time, but then you suddenly vanished without a trace :( I miss your stories. Please update soon :(

Chunji sighed. Sorry. But I've already left that behind me. He closed the email, and proceeded to emailing his papers. Once those were done, he took a deep breath and just sat there looking at his laptop. Somehow he couldn't shake of the feeling of wanting to open his account on the site where he wrote his fanfics. After pondering on it some more, he typed the site's URL and pressed "enter."

He had a ton of notifications; most of which were comments asking where he was and when he would update. He opened his profile and looked through the stories that he wrote, and opened one at random. Then he started reading. It was one of his fics where everything turns out fine and they, the main characters, end up together and happy. If only life were as easy as writing a happy ending. He sighed, got up, and got ready for school.

 

The bell rang, and Chunji got up from his seat, relieved that his last class, as well as the week, was over  He walked down the halls of the building his class was in, just as everyone was leaving their classrooms as well. Thankfully it wasn't exactly packed. He bumped some shoulders here and there, but nothing really serious. When he exited the building, he took a breath of fresh air (thank god for trees around the campus), and started making his way to his dormitory. Halfway there, he changed his mind, and decided to just walk around campus for a while.

He walked for several hours just taking in the view, before finally settling down on one of the stone benches scattered around campus. He plugged in his earphones and closed his eyes, the sun beaming down on is face. Suddenly it became dark; something was blocking out the sun. He opened his eyes to see a face he hadn't seen in three years.

"Hey," said Byunghun.

 

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey c: YAY UPDATE! I hope you guys liked this chapter. Please comment, subscribe if you haven't, and upvote. To all my readers, I LOVE YOU <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-

P.S. SISTAR'S COMEBACK SOON <3 SO EXCITED <3