Chapter 18

Life Isn't a FanFic

Byunghun was walking down the street with a boquet of flowers in his hand, and a huge smile on his face. Today was his and Chunji's anniversary, and he wanted to make it extra special. He had already planned something for them. Nothing too fancy; just a simple picnic out in the park, while the stars above twinkle in delight. At least that's how he imagined it would be. If all went according to plan, it would. The thought made him smile even more. As he was daydreaming about that night, he accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry," he said, looking up and seeing a familiar face. "Bora?" he asked. 

"Oh. Hey Byunghun. I'm sorry. I wasn't looking and I-" she said, before Byunghun cut her off.

"No, it's fine. I wasn't looking where I was going either," said Byunghun. There was a rather five-second awkward silence before Byunghun finally said, "Well, I better get going then."

"Wait, um, those are beautiful flowers. To whom are they for?" she asked.

"Chunji," Byunghun replied.

Bora looked surprised for a second, but regained her composure. "Oh, what's the occasion? Is it his birthday or-?" she asked.

"It's out first anniversary," said Byunghun.

"Oh," she said. She looked down at the ground and said, "Didn't think you'd find someone to replace me so fast."

"Didn't think you would ever find someone to replace me. But you did," replied Byunghun coldly.

"Look, I'm sorry for that Byunghun. I regret doing that, I really do. I still love you Byunghun," Bora said.

Byunghun stared at her coldly. "Yeah, well, I've moved on. I suggest you do the same," said Byunghun before he started walking away.

"It's been just about a year since we broke up!" shouted Bora. Byunghun paused, but didn't turn around. "Did you just ask him to be your boyfriend right after we were over? Because if that's the case, then I think you've just been using him to move on." Byunghun wanted to walk away, but he couldn't. "Have you really moved on Byunghun? Have you really moved on from us? Or have you just convinced yourself that you've moved on because you have a boyfriend now?" said Bora.

Byunghun turned around and said, "I have moved on," before walking away. But something didn't feel right. Bora's words echoed in his mind. Have you really moved on Byunghun? "Yes, I have," he said to himself, but he couldn't bring himsef to believe what he was saying. No, you've moved on Byunghun. You've moved on. I hope so. 

 

Byunghun was on the picnic cloth waiting patiently for Changjo and Ricky, who were bringing Chunji there. He looked down at the food in front of him. There was apple pie and cheesecake, both of which he knew Chunji liked, and in a cooler beside him were softdrinks, water, and ice cream. He imagined how it would be later; just him and Chunji, and no one else. A small smile formed on his face. Just you and Chunji. Nothing else. Don't think about what Bora said earlier. In an instant, Byunghun's face fell and he buried his face in his hands. He groaned in frustration and shook his head.

Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrate. He knew that it was either Ricky or Changjo texting him to tell him to get ready. He got up and dusted himself off, and pushed those other thoughts to the back of his head. Pretty soon he heard voices. He looked towards the direction of the voices and saw them. There were three of them, but he could only focus his eyes on one: Chunji. He saw Chunji's face light up upon seeing the picnic set-up. Chunji quickly walked towards him and gave him a kiss.

"Did you plan this all by yourself?" asked Chunji.

"I had a little help," Byunghun admitted. "C'mon let's sit down." Byunghun looked towards Changjo and Ricky and mouthed a thank you. The two smiled and gave him a thumbs up before leaving the two lovers alone. 

 

The night was filled with small talks, laughter, the occasional "this is delicious" from Chunji, and random kisses and cuddling. 

"Thank you," said Chunji.

"For what?" asked Byunghun.

"For this. For everything. For loving me," replied Chunji. Byunghun's face fell at the third statement. He remembered what Bora said. You've just been using him to move on. No, you're wrong. You love him, but not the way he loves you. No, I love him. He's your best friend of course you love him. I do love him as more than a best friend. Stop fooling yourself Byunghun and tell him the truth.

"NO!" shouted Byunghun. Chunji's face was filled with surprise. Byunghun's face was red and he was sweating.

"Byunghun, are you okay?" asked Chunji. Before anything else could happen, Byunghun stood up and ran away, leaving Chunji and ignoring his calls for him.

 

 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey! I know it's been a (really)^100000000000000 long time and I am so sorry ;; but anyway, I hope this makes up for it! I REALLY AM SORRY T.T Tell me your thoughts on this chapter! Please comment, subscribe if you haven't, and upvote. To all my readers, I LOVE YOU <3 <3 <3 Thank you OuO Byeeeeeeeeeeeee -u-