Chapter 2

So Near Yet So Far

 

JIYONG’S POV

 

After the incident in the practice room, everything seems back to normal. The Bigbang members except for Daesung were preparing for their SOLO albums. Gummy and Se7en were also preparing for their Japanese promotions. 2ne1, on the other hand, is having a 1 week break before they all fly for a One-Month stay in Japan for their debut and concerts.

 

Dara and I had never crossed paths since our confrontation much to my liking.

 

I was currently working on a song at Teddy hyung’s recording studio when Top hyung came.

 

“Jiyong, where’s Teddy hyung?” He asked me upon sitting on the couch.

 

“He went for a quick break but will be back after lunch. Why? Do you need something from him?” I asked.

 

“Ah. I just want to ask his stand on the song I wrote.”

 

“Why? Is there a problem?”

 

“Oh, it’s nothing. I just want to hear his opinion if I should do a duet with Dara noona. That’s all.”

 

I was surprised with what TOP hyung has just said. I guess it was written all over my face that he said…

 

“Why are you surprised?” He asked me and shrugged.

 

“Ani. But why her, hyung? Why not CL? Bom noona? Or even Minzy? They’re better than her. Way better.”

 

“Seriously, Jiyong. Are you really asking me that question? Why her?”

 

I can sense that he was outraged with what I said. That he continued..

 

“Why not? You had a duet with her. She starred in Youngbae’s MV so why the hell do you care if I want her on mine?”

 

Tension suddenly filled the air.

 

“It’s just that there are others whose better. I mean, what if she screw up?” I explained.

 

“What if she won’t?” He fired back.

 

“Hyung, are we fighting?” I asked him.

 

Silence came. I heard him sigh and said…

 

“No. As much as I want to pound you to pieces, I won’t. Gather up your senses, Jiyong. Don’t let the pain in your heart blind you. In this world, you’re not the only one whose hurt.”

 

“What’s with all these talk, hyung?” I frowned. He’s getting weirder every minute.

 

“Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you, Ji. I hope you won’t regret the things you did and the things you’re currently doing. When she grew tired, I’ll make sure I’m the one whose beside her. I won’t give way anymore.”

 

“I’m going. Tell Hyung I’ll come back later.” Top hyung said and left the studio.

 

Is he referring to Dara? I suddenly asked myself, still processing the last words he said.

 

Top hyung.. I looked at the door and saw his retreating figure.

 

Yeah, I guess she’s better off with you…