Chapter 17

So Near Yet So Far

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

“Arasso, I’ll see you in Japan.” I said after turning off my cellular phone. Heading towards my back pack on top of the couch, I saw a figure standing a few steps away from the door. I frowned as soon as I realized who it was.

 

She wasn’t moving on her spot. But by the looks of it, she’s waiting for someone. That someone, I’m sure is not me. She started ignoring me after Dara had the accident. She’s been avoiding my presence and acts as if I’m not around. I completely understand it though, for they treat each other as if they were real sisters.  I geared up my things as I prepare myself to leave. As my footsteps got near the door, I heard her speak.

 

“Let’s talk.” Judging by her tone, it’s definitely an order no one could turn down. I tried to decipher what was going on her mind right now but she left and led the way outside the building. It was a silent walk as I tailed after her as we reached for a coffee shop across the building.

 

“What is it, noona?” I calmly asked.

 

I saw her deeply sigh and clenched her fists before answering. She’s troubled, I can sense. But what could be the reason?

 

“This will be the last time I’m going to give you a chance to tell me the truth, Kwon Jiyong. Do you still love Dara?”

 

I was taken aback by her sudden question that I wasn’t able to open my mouth and answer her back. She was looking straight to my eyes probably judging if I’ll tell a lie.

 

“It’s just a simple question answerable by a mere yes or no, Jiyong. Answer me and this talk would be over.”

 

Silence.

 

“I.. I..” I didn’t notice that I was already stuttering. I sighed and realized that it’s useless denying anymore. I’ve been concealing my feelings for some time that it brought me nothing but pain and regret.

 

Looking back at her, I said with finality, “I do. I still do. And I think I will always do. But noona, there are things that..”

 

Before I could say some more, Bom noona interrupted me and said, “That’s all I needed to hear, Jiyong. Listen carefully to what I will say. After hearing me out, I’ll leave everything up to you.” She said and continued.

 

“You know how much I despised you after hurting Dara and I still do up until now. But what I feel is much less important than that of hers. She’s leaving, Jiyong.”

 

Leaving? I frowned. Yes. I know. They’ll be in Japan in a few weeks time. At least that’s what I heard from the staffs inside YG. But why did the word “leaving” felt heavier than what I was thinking?

 

“I don’t completely understand, noona.. I know you’re all leaving for Japan in a few weeks. Is that what you are pertaining to?” I asked.

 

“No. Dara’s leaving YG after one year. What are you going to do, Jiyong?”

 

I tried hard to understand what she had just said but it didn’t sink in right away. Dara? Leaving? I did not even imagine this would happen. Was Bom noona telling the truth? But why would she lie about this anyway?

 

I guess confusion was written all over my face that Bom noona interrupted my train of thoughts..

 

“I’m leaving this all up to you, Jiyong. You know that even if Dara denies that you’re the reason why she’s leaving, it is YOU who contributed the most as to why she has decided to leave that easily. I don’t really care how you do it but make her stay… because if you won’t, I’m not going to forgive you for taking away my sister from me!”   She stood up leaving me still dumbfounded with the news she just brought.
 

-o0o-

 

As the plane boarded, the whole YG family quickly went to their hotel as they prepare for a series of concerts in JAPAN in the next few days. The girls quickly laid their backs on the bed as tiredness consumed their bodies.

 

“Ah!! It’s a very long trip! But I’m really looking forward to be on stage again..” Bom said.

 

“Why, unnie?” The maknae asked.

 

“Because the four of us would be standing on the same stage again after a long time. The Fiercest Girls of KPOP are back!” She said while punching her fist in the air.

 

The three girls chuckled at the silliness of the eldest member. However, what she said was true. This would be the first time after Dara’s accident that they would be sharing the stage as a group. During Dara’s stay in the hospital, the other girls had no choice but to proceed with individual activities so as not to arise any suspicion from the public about Dara’s whereabouts. Indeed, they are all very thankful that they were given another chance to show the world their undeniable talent as 2NE1.

 

“Ssantokki, where are you going?” Chaerin asked Dara as she saw her getting ready.

 

“I’m going outside with Seunghyun. Want to join us?” She answered then asked her back.

 

“Ah. Ani. As much as I want to, my body won’t move. Aigoo! I’m dead tired! Aren’t you, unnie?”  

 

“A little. But I promised Seunghyun that we’ll eat once he gets back from New York. How about you Bommie unnie? Mingkki?”

 

“I’ll pass, unnie. I’m going to finish reading this book after taking a rest.” The maknae answered.

 

“Arasso.” She waited for Bom’s reply but she didn’t reply. After reaching Bom’s bed, she found that the girl already dozed off on her own dreamland. She shook her head and said her goodbyes to the other members.

 

“Don’t wait up for me, arasso?” Dara reminded the maknaes.

 

 -o0o-

 

TOP’S POV

 

I was waiting for Dara noona on the hotel’s lobby bringing with me a bag full of presents from my New York trip. I was glad that she did not turned me down after inviting her to dinner. Seungri even insisted to come with us but I had to trick the maknae to prevent him from coming. Haha!

 

Maybe I was too excited about this dinner that I did not notice her coming.

 

She tapped my shoulder from behind and smiled.

 

“Oh! Noona, you’re here..” I fuddled with my words. Pabo! I thought to myself. I chuckled to my silliness and said,

 

“Shall we?” Leading her to the door.

 

We went to a restaurant a few blocks away from the hotel and ordered.

 

“Noona, what do you want to eat?” I asked.

 

“Hmm.. I really don’t know what to eat..” She said while scanning the pages of the menu.

 

“Do you want to try CoCo Ichi Curry?”

 

“Sure.” She smiled and closed the menu.

 

After giving our orders the waiter, we started catching up with each other.

 

“How was your New York trip?” She asked.

 

“It was fine. My schedule were jammed that’s why I didn’t have the time to look around.”

 

“Ah. So.. did you enjoy Eunhye’s company?”

 

I saw her chuckle in front of me. Ah! This really clueless girl! Doesn’t she know that I only have my eyes on her? I smiled at the thought of saying that to her.

 

“You’re smiling by yourself, Seunghyun! Tell me, do you like her?” She excitedly asked.

 

No I don’t. I don’t like you, Dara. I love you. Always will. Aigoo! Dara, the things you do to me.

 

“Ani. I don’t even remember having a serious conversation with her during the shoot. And besides, I heard she’s dating someone else..” I explained.

 

“Ah, is that so? You two look good together, though.” She again chuckled.

 

“Ani. Stop pairing me with her noona. Ah! Before I forget, I brought you presents!” I said as I handed her the paper bag.

 

I saw her eyes widened as she accepted it.

 

“Aigoo, you shouldn’t have bothered.”

 

“It’s okay, noona. Don’t worry, I have given presents to the other girls also.”

 

“Ah.. Is that so? Anyways, thank you!” She smiled.

 

I smiled back at her. I’m happy that she’s slowly regaining herself after the accident. When I visited her after she was  discharged to the hospital, I saw her confused and befuddled. I don’t know why but there’s this uncertainty planted on her face.

 

And upon seeing her now, I’m glad that it wasn’t there anymore. What I’m seeing is the old Dara I learned to love. I just hope that things will get better and better as we all move forward with our lives.

 

I was so focused on eating and chatting with her that I did not notice that someone familiar walked inside the restaurant and stood right in front of our table.

 

“Seunghyun! It’s good to see you!” The girl greeted and smiled.

 

“Ki..ko?” I stuttered.  

 

------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I'm quite confused as to whoever Dara will end up with at the end of this story. @_@

What do you guys think? 

Will this be a Daragon or Tabisan Fic? Or do you want me to add another Dara pairing? Keke

'Til next time! Ppyong!! :)

__________________________