Chapter 6

So Near Yet So Far

 

TOP’S POV

 

Have you ever felt that for a moment the whole world stopped? That for a moment, you felt that your heart discontinued beating? That you have forgotten how to breathe?

 

That’s what I felt upon hearing her condition. I couldn’t take it. This isn’t happening. This couldn’t be.

 

I shook my head in frustration. My feet led me to the emergency exit of the hospital and stood there for a moment, just thinking.

 

My train of thoughts was interrupted when I heard someone called my name.

 

“Seunghyun! Seunghyun!” The voice called.

 

I sighed and went out of the door to see our manager looking for me.

 

“Hyung, I’m here.” I said.

 

“Oh, we’ve been looking for you. You have a scheduled recording on Inkigayo today. We’re going.”

 

“But hyung, we can’t leave Dara in this situation right? We can’t. I can’t.”

 

“I completely understand, Seunghyun. But Sajangnim said that it’s better if the four of you go. The media might suspect and find that we’re all here. We can’t risk that.” He calmly explained.

 

“Why wouldn’t we just let everybody know?” I questioned him.

 

I don’t understand. The last thing I would care about is this being on the news. It’s a given. Dara’s a celebrity now and we can’t hide this from the people. All I care for is her safety.

 

“It’s her family’s decision. Thunder talked to the President a while ago and requested that we keep this accident a secret and just between among us. He said that her sister has always cared for her fans that she wouldn’t want them to worry about her.”

 

I stood there in silence focusing my eyes on the floor. I really don’t want to leave her. Not at this point. Not at this situation.

 

However, Thunder’s right. Knowing Dara, she wouldn’t want the people around her worry about her. That’s when I realize, I should go..

 

Receiving a forced nod from me, I heard our manager sighed and said,

 

“Let’s go.”

 

With that, I took heavy steps away from him.

 

I went back to the lobby and saw everyone still there. Walking straight to Thunder, I held his shoulder and said,

 

“Cheundoong-ah, we’re going for a while. But I’ll be back as soon as the recording is finished. Just call anyone of us if you need anything.”

 

Dara’s little brother nodded his head and said..

 

“Thank you, hyung.” He said while we shook our hands.

 

I searched for the other members and saw Seungri & Youngbae behind me.

 

“We’re going.” I said bowing down to all of them.

 

Upon reaching our cars, I asked Youngbae..

 

“Where’s Jiyong?”

 

“He already left a few minutes ago, hyung. He needed to prepare some things for our recording. We’ll meet him in the apartment.” Youngbae said.

 

I heard Seungri hissed behind me murmuring incoherent words but caught a few of them like “a complete jerk” and “heartless” from his mouth.

 

I clenched my fists with so much anger knowing that sooner or later, I need to confront the leader.


And I won’t let him pass anymore. I’m tired of hearing his excuses. Too tired to listen and understand him of his wrong doings towards the girl I love. Too tired of him always putting the blame on Dara.

 

With a determined look, I took my car keys and headed back to Seoul.

 

--

 

Seungri’s POV

 

We dropped by our apartment first before heading out to Inkigayo to change clothes. I quickly headed to my room to get all the things I needed. I also planned to pack extra clothes for we will go straight to the hospital again after our schedule.

 

I took my backpack on the cabinet when I heard Jiyong hyung entered the room and sat on the corner of his bed.

 

For minutes, he just sat there motionless.  I, on the other hand continued packing.

 

None of us dared to break the silence. As much as I want to confront him right now, I won’t. Dara noona wouldn’t like it. She hates it whenever we two fight that’s why I restrained myself.

 

“Seungri..” He called me.

 

I stopped in my tracks and waited for him to say what he had to say, not even bothering to look and face him.

 

“I’m sorry..”

 

Surprised by Jiyong hyung’s words, I clenched my fists tightly and said..

 

“Hyung, I don’t think I’m the right person you should ask for forgiveness. I wasn’t the one who received hurtful and wounding words from you, am I? Hyung, I wasn’t the one who suffered, who had to endure pain. I hope you do realize that Dara noona should be the one hearing this from you, not me not anyone but her.”

 

I took my things and headed to the door. But before I walked out, I mustered a heavy sigh expressing my anguish for my favorite noona.

 

“I just wished you came back to your senses soon enough that she did not need to have an accident for you to realize your mistakes. Because right now hyung, I really don’t know how to even face you.” I said pouring my heart out on our leader.

 

I know it must’ve been too much. Harsh words I never thought would come from my own mouth. But everytime I remember Dara noona’s sacrifices for him, those weren’t enough.

 

After having said that, my feet then led me to the front of our van. There, I saw Top hyung and Youngbae hyung waiting for me.

 

“Let’s go.” I said.

 

_______________________________________

A/N: Mianhe, guys! There wasn't a Daragon moment on this chap.

i think it would be in chap 7 anyway. keke :) Be patient on me! 

I'm off to write the next chapter, so....

Annyeong!

Will try to update if i can finish it tonight.. :p

Much love!!