Chapter 14

So Near Yet So Far

-oOo-

 

THUNDER’S POV

 

As I opened noona’s room in the hospital, I sighed deeply. Suddenly, I felt the urge to come here after my guesting on Strong heart. It wasn’t easy revealing what our family has gone through. But I don’t have any regrets at all for they finally know that there’s more to her that what they are seeing in front of the cameras.

 

I saw Dongwook hyung sitting near noona’s bed watching over her. For a moment of gently staring over my sleeping sister, I tapped hyung’s shoulder and smiled at him.

 

“Thank you hyung for watching noona over.” He was grateful that his hyung agreed and supported him on his decision.

 

“It’s nothing, dongsaeng. Everyone watched and I’m sure Dara’s very proud that his little brother has grown up to be a reliable and dependable man. ” Dongwook said as he stood up and also tapped his shoulder. “Now I’m definitely convinced that she’s the toughest girl in YG for overcoming all those things that had happened to her and to your family. I’m sorry, Cheoundung-ah. It must have been very hard for her and to all of you.” He added.

 

“It’s okay, hyung. As Dara noona would say, we should not dwell too much in the past. That chapter of our life, she tried not to get it to her. Though she may have regretted some things, the whole experience made her who she is right now. Besides, I know she’s been loved. I’m really thankful to you for standing by her all these years. Aside from Omma, Younger Noona and Me, all of you from YG she considered as her family as well. I couldn’t wait for her to wake up and tell her that you all take good care of her.” I said smiling with gaze on my noona. It’s true. I’m grateful that she has true friends by her side.

 

After a while, Dongwook hyung left the hospital. He wanted to stay longer but he had to attend an event the next day and needed to drop by to YG for a meeting with the president. After escorting him outside, I quickly went back to Dara noona’s room and took a seat beside her.

 

“Noona, when will you wake up? Everyone’s been waiting for you…” I tried to talk to her as calm as I could making her feel that I’m going to stay at her side for always.

 

Suddenly, a knock on the door interrupted me. I stood up and went to the door revealing a hooded guy.

 

“What are you doing here, Jiyong hyung?” He coldly asked.

 

“Can I see her, Cheoundung-ah?”

 

I deeply sighed and thought for moment. I, then parted the door widely indicating him my approval on seeing and talking to my sister. He entered the room while I trailed behind him.

 

“Do you want to talk to her in private?” I asked him from behind.

 

He just answered me with a nod. With that, I took a step backward and left the room. Though I did not want him near noona anymore, being a selfish jerk is not necessary right now. I know that Dara noona loves him. With him talking to her, it did occur to me that maybe he can bring her back. That his presence may help my sister regains her consciousness. And with that, I’m opening all the doors for him though it wasn’t my will. This is all for noona, all for her sake.

 

After a few minutes of sitting outside, I decided to buy a cup of coffee on the hospital’s cafeteria. I stood up and searched for my wallet. Upon finding out that I must’ve put it on my backpack that’s on Dara noona’s room; I went there to get it.

 

Opening the door, I heard Jiyong hyung talking to noona. There was something inside me that says I should go, but my feet got hooked up with the floor. It opted to stay there as if telling me that I should stay and listen to what he has to say to my sister.

 

“How are you, D?” I heard him ask, still standing on the edge of the bed. “Time’s been flying too slow these days, don’t you think? Are you not getting tired of sleeping here, hmm?” He chuckled while sitting on the empty space of Dara noona’s bed. I saw him took my sister’s hand and continued. “You should have seen Thunder, D. Your brother did an incredible job out there. I know you’re already proud of what he has achieved but you will be more proud of what he did today. And because of that, I feel totally ashamed of myself. While everyone was trying their best to make you happy, I was there to bring you more pain, to hurt you.”

 

I saw him bow his head and sniffing, probably crying. He then continued talking to her after a few minutes of silence.

 

“I’m sorry, Dara. I know these words are not enough compared to the things I’ve done and to the words I already said. But it’s the only thing I could do right now. I swear I never wanted everything to come to this point. Seungri was right. I’m a jerk. I waited for this accident to happen just to realize that I needed to stop, that I need to put an end to my actions hurting you.  Dara, my game’s over. All this time that I thought I was winning, the prize never really came. That’s when I look back and realize that I was alone in this game I’m playing. There was no one fighting me back, nor a prize to be won. All the struggles and fights were useless. It only harmed you. It only pained the girl that tried to understand me, believed in me, fought for me and loved me. As much as I want to be with you, I’m afraid, frightened that if I try to be with you, you’ll end up hurting over again. And that’s the least thing I want to do right now. So please wake up. Please come back. I’m not asking you to do this for me but do it for your family, for all those who love and believe in you. They’re all waiting, D. They’re patiently waiting for you. I am too, but I won’t be a bother anymore. If being without you would make your life less complicated, I’m willing to back off. But please remember that I’ll always be here for you.”

 

I saw him stood up and gave my noona a kiss on her forehead. He was about to leave when I decided to walk straight to my bag. Without looking at him, I tried to search for my wallet and heard him say,

 

“I’m going, Cheoundung-ah. Thank you for letting me see Dara.”

 

After hearing a few of his steps walking out of the door, I couldn’t help but confront him. With clenched fists, I said,

 

“If you have decided to walk out of this room, make sure you have also decided to walk out of my noona’s life as well, HYUNG.” I made sure that he clearly hears it as I emphasize the last word I uttered. 

 

_______________________________________

A/N:

Hi Everyone,

Ahh!! I think this story is becoming boring already. Is it?

Do you think it's best if i'll just rewrite the whole story? I'm really confused right now. I want to hear it from you, should I or should I not?

Anyways, greeting the one and only Goddess, Dara unnie a Belated Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

Wishing you all the best!

Annyeong!^^