Chapter 5

So Near Yet So Far

TOP’s POV

The 1 hour drive to Daejeon was the most silent and dreadful ride of my life. And Seungri is not helping at all. He kept on fidgeting beside me. I know our maknae’s scared. Hell! Who wouldn’t be? It’s Dara, for Heaven’s sake!

I did not even noticed that my hands were already shaking. I looked on the vast sky outside and silently uttered a prayer.

Please keep her safe. Keep her safe. His mind shouted.

I have wasted too many opportunities to be with Dara, wasted a lot of time keeping my feelings and giving way. But all those efforts of mine seemed useless. She was and still hurting because of the man she loves.

That’s when he realized…

It’s about time I make her happy. Keep her away from pain anymore. Just wait for me, Dara. 

Wait for me….

He bowed down clasping his hands.

 “Hyung..”Seungri called.

I looked at him and frowned.

“We’re here. Aren’t you going in?” He asked me.

I looked up again, this time moving my eyes on the surroundings.

We’re here. He thought and sighed.

A while ago, I wanted to be here as fast as I could. But now that I’m already here, a feeling of uneasiness took over.

I’m scared. I don’t know what and what not to expect. My heart. I placed one hand on my chest and felt the loud pounding of it.

Seunghyun!

I recalled her calling me with my real name. She may not know it, but I’m the happiest when she calls me with it. It makes me more human. That I’m not Bigbang’s TOP. That she couldn’t care less of my status. That I’m Seunghyun. Just Seunghyun…

-0-

Upon the arrival of the whole YG Family in Shinsaeng Hospital, YG made sure that the press people will not suspect anything. They tried to enter the hospital as discreet as possible, a proof that they entered on the back door of the premises.

They immediately went to the lobby of the ICU and found Dara’s Omma, Thunder and Durami sitting in one corner waiting for the doctor’s advice on Dara’s condition.

“Omma…” Bommie called Dara’s mom taking her hand, kneeling in front of her and asked…

“How is she? How’s Dara?”

Dara’s omma, who had her head bowed down lifted her face and saw everyone. She then shook her head and said..

“She’s still inside. They’re still tending her wounds but we haven’t got any news on what’s going on.”

A moment of silence passed by for almost ten minutes. They patiently waited for the news regarding Dara’s condition. Everyone anticipated. Worried for their friend’s state. Felt that those minutes were years.

But Thunder could not wait any longer, he stood up and walked to door of the intensive care unit planning to dodge in.

Seungri then sensed what Thunder was about to do. He immediately stood up, followed him and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Cheundoong..” He called.

Dara’s youngest brother who was gripping the door knob so tight  closed his eyes upon hearing his name.

“I’m about to lose my mind, Seungri-yah.” He said, almost a whisper. He looked on the floor and saw a tear dropped on it. Thunder did not realize that he was already crying in frustration.

Bigbang’s maknae saw how his friend wanted to keep his composure despite what’s happening but failed to. He stood beside him putting an arm on his shoulder.

“She’s gonna be alright. Noona’s the strongest, right?” Seungri said.

He then saw Thunder nodding his head in approval.

“Neh. She is.” Thunder replied.

As they were going back to their seats, they heard the door opened and revealed a man on his laboratory gown with beads of sweat on his face.

“Are you the family of the patient, Sandara Park?” He asked.

All of the people in the lobby immediately stood up and went around the doctor.

“I’m her mother, doctor. How is she? Is she okay?” Dara’s mom worriedly asked.

“I’m sorry to say this but she’s in a bad condition. Two fractured ribs, a broken arm and bruises all over her body. Also, her head was damaged severely that we are still checking if there is an internal bleeding.” The doctor explained.

“Oh my God!” Bommie exclaimed. Too shocked to hear her friend’s state.

“We are scheduling an immediate operation for the next hours and we’ll keep you posted on her condition.”

With that, the man went back to the room and left us all shocked.

 

__________________________________

A/N: Don't you just love TOP here? keke

The next chapters will be a series of flashbacks.

Keep your comments coming! :)