Chapter 19

So Near Yet So Far

 

-o0o-

 

I didn’t know how I was able to get back at our room after hearing out Top hyung and Dara’s conversation. I didn’t even remember how our days in Japan for our concerts were spent. It’s as if time just flew by without me realizing it.

 

“Jiyong, what are you doing here?” A voice behind him suddenly asked. Startled by the sudden interruption, I couldn’t open my mouth. I didn’t even know how and why I got here in the first place. He slowly turned around with his head bowed down due to embarrassment.

 

“Why are you just standing here outside?” The middle aged woman in front of him again asked.

 

 “Are you going to visit the girls?”

 

-o0o-

 

The woman waited for him to answer but Jiyong just shook his head. He couldn’t look at her. He didn’t even dare lift his head to meet her in the eye.

 

However, the girls inside the dorm were oblivious that two figures standing in front of their door were in full of silence. After a few minutes, the old woman, who kept his gaze on the troubled young man said,

 

“Do you mind if I take a few of your minutes, Jiyong?”

 

Surprised by her sudden invitation, Jiyong nodded in approval. Before he knew it, they were already sitting in a restaurant near the area.

 

“Two cups of coffee, please?” The woman ordered. As soon as the waitress left, Jiyong started apologizing.

 

“I’m sorry, auntie. The promises I made to her were all broken. I even promised you I won’t hurt Dara but she still ended up hurting because of me. I never want to remember her lying in that hospital bed knowing it was my entire fault why she had been in that accident. Because I painfully realize that while I was busy blaming her for hurting me and rejecting my marriage proposal, Dara’s been suffering much more. I needed to let go of her. I needed to give the two of us a good distance.  Auntie, I don’t want to cause her pain anymore. I don’t want to see her crying because of me”.

 

The woman in front of him took his hand and said,

 

“As what Sanghyun said, Dara tries not to show anyone especially those dear to her that she’s hurting. Even after their father left us and her relationship with her ex-boyfriend ended, I never heard a single word from her. But I knew those pierced her heart. Everyone can be fooled by the smile she had on her face yet the sadness she felt was mirrored by just merely looking in her eyes. It was given that she was hurt by what they did to her. But you know what hurt her the most, Jiyong?” She asked me.

 

I was looking intently at the woman before me and shook my head unable to figure out what she was trying to say. I heard her deeply sighed and continued..  

 

“It’s the fact that none of them asked for her forgiveness. Up to this point, I know that she’s waiting for them to apologize. But it never came. It only heightened the doubts and insecurities within her. It had her thinking that she’s the reason why they left. Jiyong, Dara did not marry you not because she doesn’t love you or doesn’t want to be with you. The fact that she’s holding back being with the person she loves only means one thing. She’s scared.  Her fear of you leaving her behind taunted her.” Dara’s mother explained.

 

And I did. I left her. And I did worse than any of them. He thought.

 

“Is that the reason why she’s leaving YG, auntie?” He painfully asked.

 

Dara’s mother nodded. “She was contemplating on letting her dreams go, Jiyong. I saw how confused and bothered she was while searching for answers. And I know I couldn’t give it to her either. Don’t blame yourself for the decision she has made because I know there’s a deeper reason to that. And it involves not anyone of us, but her alone. I know it’s hard to accept this but this is the only way we can help her regain herself once more. Don’t you want the see the old Dara back?”

 

Of course, he does. He wanted to see the cheerful and jolly Dara they have always known. But can he let her leave just like that? Can he bear the thought of losing her in about a few months from now? Can he accept the possibility of her not coming back and be completely out of his life?

 

------------------

A/N: Gaahh!!! Dara unnie's undercut is fierce. Can't wait for 2ne1's y comeback!

How about you guys? How are y'all? Just hang on to this fic as it boils down to its near end, arasso? . :D

Happy reading!