Chapter 13

So Near Yet So Far

 

-oOo-

 

That same time, the Bigbang members were in a photo shoot. Their manager immediately interrupted them upon hearing the notification from Dongwook.

 

“You need to watch Thunder.”Their manager said.

 

The maknae then frowned and asked, “Why? What’s the matter, hyung?”

 

“Dongwook called me and he said that Dara’s brother will be on Strong Heart today. We still don’t know what will he say but he was asked to inform you all to watch it.”

 

With that, they gathered seats in front of the television nothing but confusion and uncertainty plastered on their faces. Dara’s dongsaeng has been very calm this whole time acting and behaving like a true man. Although his anxiousness never left due to her sister’s condition, they never saw him broke down.  And for that, they all had mad respect for the younger guy.

 

-oOo-

After watching Cheondung’s revelations, a full silence was then filled the whole set of Bigbang’s photo shoot.  Everyone had nothing to say, speechless of what they just found out. No one dared to utter a word or even move places. Their gaze still stuck on the front of the screen although the show’s been over for quite a few minutes now. They definitely did not see it coming. Beyond his confession, what stunned them all is the subject of his revelations. It is the bubbly and cheerful Dara they met five years ago. It’s the same girl that they all adore and love. And to their dismay, it’s the same girl who’s been in the hospital still unsure of when she’ll be okay.

 

 “Can you call it quits now, Jiyong?” Top broke the silence as he was leaning on the wall but with head bowed down and eyes looking on the floor.

 

The other members frowned not understanding their hyung’s abrupt question to their leader. Jiyong, on the other hand was on the other side not moving a bit.

 

“I said, can you call it quits now, Jiyong?!” Top shouted. Everyone was surprised by his anger. He was already in front of Ji holding the collar of his shirt.

 

“Top hyung—“Youngbae immediately got hold of the shoulder of both men. “Please calm down.” He quickly took a glance at their maknae with a knowing look. With that, Seungri went also on Top’s side trying to separate the two.

 

“Hyung—“Seungri called.

 

“Don’t let me ask again, Jiyong! Tell me!!” He ranted while shaking Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

Jiyong just stood there letting himself get hurt.

 

SEUNGRI’s POV

 

The moment I saw Top hyung’s clenched fists, I knew that a war between him and Jiyong hyung has officially started. Within a few seconds, I saw our leader down on the floor after receiving a punch on the face.

 

I quickly went in front of Top hyung trapping him and preventing him to hurt Jiyong hyung again.

 

“Top hyung,calm down. For Dara noona’s sake, please stop this.” I begged him.

 

Upon hearing Dara noona’s name, hyung seemed to calm down for a bit. I saw him took a few deep breaths but still looking at the leader.  Afterwards, I heard him say…

 

“You were so fed up with the hurt you felt when you and Dara broke up. Yes, I don’t know the reason behind it but I tried to understand you and your God damn pain! That because of all that sh*t, I let the girl I love get drowned with so much hurt. Now that we all learned what she had gone through, call it quits now, Jiyong. Call it quits now.” Hyung pleaded.

 

That moment, I felt scared. It was the first time I saw Top hyung begged and cried in front of us and he didn’t mind. He just stood there while pouring his heart out.

 

“If you think you’re not even with her yet, hurt me instead. I’m willing to take her place. Just please, don’t hurt her anymore. Don’t bring her pain anymore.” He continued bringing his knees down and kneeling in front of him.

 

“Hyung..” was all I said. I could not say anything more. I just stood there, looking. I tiredly close my eyes and thought that this isn’t happening. That all these, is a dream. Someone please, wake me up. I’m afraid that if this continues, the dream might turn out to be the worst nightmare all of us had to go through.

 

-o0o-

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

Numbness. Lack of Feeling. Call it anything you want, I can’t even elaborate what I’m feeling anymore. Hearing Dara’s past felt like a bucket of ice was poured unto me. The memories of her rejecting me once again came to my mind. It’s as if answers to my questions before were partially answered.

 

I never knew what she had gone through before coming back again to Korea. Yes, she trained with us for almost a year but she flew back to the Philippines due to her prior commitments. And when she came back, I never knew that all of those happened. Although shy and timid to others, you’ll know her crazy yet cheerful side once you get to know her better. And never did I notice that she had gone through a one hell of a crazy ride back there.

 

And learning all of this now is just.. Ahhh!!!

 

“Can you call it quits now, Jiyong?”

 

That’s when my train of thoughts was interrupted. I couldn’t think straight anymore. Yes, I was lost. That feeling left me just standing there with nothing to say. I guess hyung got pissed with me not answering his question that a punch immediately landed on my face.

 

I heard him beg not to hurt Dara anymore. He was down on his knees asking me to stop bringing her pain. Without moving, I looked above and saw nothing but the dark ceiling. Hyung, If only I could, I’d definitely do it.

 

I want to bring back the Dara I knew before. The crazy yet sweet and fragile girl everyone adores. I want to bring back the smile on her face that lits up whenever she’s overjoyed. I want to see her brown dark orbs again that can make someone melt when she stares. And most of all, I want to bring her heart back that has been ripped to pieces.

 

I slowly closed my eyes and tried to picture Dara’s face in my head, smiling back at me. Things had gone out of its proportions. I’m starting to get scared, feeling a lump in my throat that’s making it hard for me to speak. I didn’t want to open my eyes. I’m too afraid that once I open them, Dara’s figure would be gone.  

 

I’m stranded. I didn’t know where to go. I didn’t even want to know where the hell I am. At this very moment, all I wanted is to wish that the earth would just split into two and swallow me whole. I wanted to disappear. I needed to get out of here for it is slowly suffocating, making it hard for me to breathe.

 

The things I’ve done to Dara, I have nothing to say. I can’t say anything because it was unreasonable. There’s no point in making excuses no more. That even though she had hurt me badly, her pain I can’t compare to mine. And Top hyung was right. I am a complete JERK. A fool for hurting someone as precious as Dara.  

 

With that, I stood up and left not minding the other members calling me. I needed to get away. I need to do this so that I won’t hurt her anymore. So that I won’t see her tears anymore.

 

I’m sorry, Dara…