Chapter 12

So Near Yet So Far

 

 

To my subscribers and readers, before you scroll down l do have one suggestion.

Please listen to this song while reading the chapter. It's also what i've been listening to for days now and i think it really suits this chapter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4RCQYCqkf4&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLFB10867009CDD0AE

Get your tissues ready, neh? :)

____________________________________

 

-oOo-

 

“Yes, she really did become famous in the Philippines for some time. The Filipinos can attest to that. Though pure Korean, she embraced the Philippine culture wholeheartedly. At first, she had difficulty learning their language but managed to pull off the language smoothly as time goes by. She worked 24/7 filming commercials, television shows and movies for almost a year and a half. I saw her lacking sleep, losing weight… But I never heard her complain. Whenever I ask her if she’s tired, she would always answer me with… Dog-poop ah…”

 

I chuckled imagining Dara noona calling me with that nickname. I also heard everyone laughed. I, then continued with my story…

 

I will never get tired of this family. I will never get tired of you, of Durami, of Omma and Appa because we’re family”. During that time, Appa had his business closed. All our financial needs were on Dara noona’s shoulder. 

 

One day, she received a call from YG Entertainment saying that they were interested and offered her to take some dancing, singing and acting lessons. Dara noona, I saw her very happy during that time. She was really a fan of YG’s music and artists that she never hesitated and went to Korea to train.

 

Little did we know that our Father got hooked up by his gambling activities and used all of Dara noona’s savings to sustain his vice. It was a tough road for all of us. When she returned, Noona’s career slowed down due to her 1 year absence. Her projects seemed to lessen that her manager just accepted projects anyone would offer. And with that, they placed her in a compromising position of posing with only her underwear for a men’s magazine. The contract was already signed so she could not do anything about it.  At that time also, her relationship with her boyfriend didn’t quite go well. The guy hooked up with another aspiring Korean actress knowing that my sister’s career was already fading.

 

And then the last blow came up. We found out that aside from gambling, Appa was keeping another family. Omma did not take this easily and they got separated. Good thing that YG finally decided to take Dara noona in. With that, the four of us left the Philippines not knowing what’s in store for us once we go back to Korea.

 

The first years were hard. My older sister and I had to stop studying because Noona’s allowance as a trainee is just enough to cover our daily expenses. I saw her struggling physically and emotionally. I saw her getting home at midnight almost every day due to her rigorous training. Yes, she may not be the best singer and the best dancer but she worked the hardest.

 

She never grew tired of us. She would always say that she’s so lucky having me, my other sister and omma as her family.

 

I guess she didn’t realize I was wide awake listening to her sobs at night. I knew she was broken and shattered inside. Appa’s other family, our broken family, her failed relationship, her career in the Philippines, her responsibilities… It was too much for a fragile girl to handle… He paused.

 

He could feel his tears coming down his cheek but quickly wiped it away. He can tell that the people inside the studio were shocked and awed with all the confession he just said.

 

It was painful hearing those cries and then seeing her bubbly personality the next day.  That’s when I decided I have to step up for our family. That I should not let her carry all the hardships alone. With that, I auditioned to different agencies and luckily landed onto Rain hyung’s company and debuted as an idol.

 

Dara noona. She’s doing this for Omma. She wants to give her a big house where the four of us will live happily. She’s doing this for Durami noona. She wants to provide her the education she never had the chance to have and give her a life away from the cameras. She’s doing this for me, for she wants me to achieve my dreams. She’s doing this for Bom noona, CL and Minzy for she considered them not only her friends but her sisters. She’s doing this for her fans for she never considered all of this as her job wherein she gets compensated after but a life she has always wanted. After what happened in her career in the Philippines, I thought she would never want to go back to that again. But I was wrong. She even asked the Filipinos to wait for her return as she fulfills her dream to become a big star here in Korea. She wanted to share her life to all of us, wanted to inspire us, wanted to show us her charming and unique personality that we all learned to love.

 

A minute of silence filled the whole studio. Thunder’s confession about his sister really  touched everyone’s heart.

 

“Cheondoong-ah, would you like to give a message to Dara noona?” the emcee asked.

 

Noona, I hope you can hear me. I’m speaking to you not as MBLAQ’s Thunder but as Park Sanghyun, your brother. I will be forever grateful to God for He gave you to me. For he gave my Dara noona a heart as strong as an army, a heart so caring and understanding and a heart so pure.”

 

He said bowing down for he can’t control his tears anymore.

 

Noona, please wake up… He whispered to himself.