Chapter 8

So Near Yet So Far

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

Upon reaching Shinsaeng hospital, Bae and I quickly sent our feet flying to Dara’s room to see her.

 

Turning the door knob open, I saw Top hyung holding her hand sitting in a chair beside the bed.

 

It wasn’t the sight I wanted to see. I shook my head with a drained expression plastered on my face.

 

I should be the one doing this for her. Not Top hyung, not anyone else.

 

I then heard Bae asked Top hyung..

 

“Where’s everyone?” Pertaining to Dara’s family, Seungri and the girls.

 

“I told Seungri to accompany them back to Seoul tonight. I asked them to rest even for just a few hours. They’ve been here since morning. I promised them that I’ll be here for the night to stay with her.” He calmly said not letting his gaze away from the sleeping girl.

 

“But they will all be back tomorrow.” He added.

 

Bae nodded at what he said.

 

An awkward silence then filled the room. I heard Youngbae-ah took a heavy sigh. He went beside Top hyung and held his shoulder with his hand.

 

“Hyung, can I talk to you outside?” I heard him ask.

 

I caught Top hyung frowned.

 

“Why? What’s the matter?”

 

“I just want to say something. It will only take a few minutes.”

 

“I don’t want to leave Dara alone.” Top hyung firmly said while I saw him tighten his hold on her hands.

 

“She won’t be. Ji can stay here with noona as we talk.”

 

After a while, hyung finally surrendered to Bae’s persistence. He walked out of the door and did not even take a glance on me or Youngbae.

 

I looked at Bae and gave him a “Thank You” look and nodded. I guess he understood what I was trying to say that he half-smiled at me.

 

“I know you want to have a moment with her. Take this time to say what you need to say, Ji.”

 

I shifted my gaze on Dara before I said to him,

 

“I will. Thank you.”

 

-0-

 

Youngbae’s POV

 

As I walked out of the room, I saw Top hyung’s figure walking onto a corner. I quickly followed him.

 

“What is it?” He immediately asked facing me.

 

“Hyung..” I took a deep breath.

 

“Dara noona.. Do you... Do you..” I couldn’t look straight to his eyes. Felt afraid of questioning his feelings and knowing what would he answer.

 

“What? Do I like her? Do I love her?” He said putting words into my mouth.

 

Yes. It was exactly what I wanted to ask. Forcing my eyes to look at him, I nodded.

 

“What if I do, huh? What will you do, Youngbae?” He fired back at me.

 

“Hyung, calm down. I’m just asking.”

 

A moment of silence fell between the two of us.

 

“I’m sorry.” I heard him say, realizing his reaction went overboard.

 

“It’s okay. But hyung.. you do know that Dara and Jiyong…”

 

“I know.” He interrupted and continued.

 

“Among all of us, I don’t think reiterating that fact to me is necessary. Of course, I know. But I’m tired of giving way, Youngbae. I also hope you understand my feelings towards Dara noona. I gave way to Jiyong knowing he’ll take care of her. But look at what happened? Does she need to be hurt over and over again by the same person she loves?”

 

I couldn’t say anything. This is the first time I saw hyung poured his emotions. I knew he had feelings for Dara noona. The way he looked at her before, I saw that same look on Ji’s eyes.  But hearing these words from him, I never knew those feelings were so strong that I’m seeing another person in front of me now.

 

“I understand hyung. I just don’t want you and Ji go into a battle over Dara noona’s feelings. Both of you are my friends.” I said.

 

“The battle has long been gone. I lost before it even started. It is because I allowed Jiyong to win without me standing on his way. But you know what? During that time, I built an army stronger than his. And now, I’m ready to claim what should have been mine in the first place.” Top hyung firmly said.

 

“I know you’re saying this because Dara noona was hurt. But hyung.. Jiyong was in pain, too. We may not know the whole story on why they had to part ways but we all saw what Jiyong had gone through. It wasn’t as easy as it looked like for him.” I tried to explain him Jiyong’s side.

 

“Pain is inevitable, Youngbae. I understood him. But what Jiyong saw was only his pain. He said too many hurtful words and did awful things that pierced through her heart. I regretted being there. Witnessing him turning into a complete jerk. But Dara, she took all of it. Even asking me to keep my mouth shut and let what I saw and heard pass by. So tell me, did Dara had an easy way?” He looked into my eyes and asked.

 

“Hyung..” That was all that came from my mouth.

 

I saw him closed his fists to hold onto his emotions. He turned around looking like he was ready to face a war and said,

 

“I’m going back.”

 

He left me there speechless.

 

-0-

Jiyong's POV

 

After YB left, I took Top hyung’s seat and sat there in silence too ashamed to even lift my eyes and see her lying there because of me.

 

Gathering up myself, I inspected Dara’s state. Her right arm is fully bandaged and there are bruises all over her face and body.

 

“Dara..” I called her putting my hand on top of hers.

 

“I’m sorry..” My eyes started swelling up and I could feel that any moment from now, tears will pour. But I did not restrain myself. I have been bottling up my feelings for quite some time now that I think I would just burst out anytime soon.

 

“I swear I did not want this to happen to you. I did not want anything that’s happening right now. Up until now, I don’t understand why you had to reject me, why you had to turn me down. I swear I couldn’t think of any reason. That’s why I did everything to become the G dragon I am right now. I wanted you to regret your decision. I wanted you to feel sorry for letting me go just like that. Those words.. Those actions of mine.. It was all because I felt too much pain. Pain that I didn’t know how to handle anymore. That I ended up inflicting you more with it..” I bowed my head down and saw tears dropping on the floor.

 

I wiped my tears away and stared at her for a while.

 

“Once you’re discharged, let’s talk hmm?” Asking while holding onto her tightly.

 

-0-

 

Thunder’s POV

 

Noona will be surely happy once I told her that the whole YG family came to take good care of her. She may not have many friends, but she got the real ones. I smiled remembering Bigbang sunbaenims, Se7en hyung, and the others took turns in looking out for her.

 

It has been a day since noona’s accident. I saw Omma brushing noona’s hair while Durami noona arranging the fruits we brought. I, on the other hand is sitting on the couch looking at them intently.

 

Noona, when will you wake up? I thought and chuckled. I miss her already. It’s only two days and I’m missing noona’s calls and messages. I suddenly realized and promised I won’t ignore them anymore once she gets back.

 

After a while, we heard the door opened and revealed Dr. Kim and a nurse beside him.

 

Omma quickly stood up beside noona.

 

“She still hasn’t waked up?” He asked.

 

“She hasn’t.” Omma replied.

 

I saw Dr. Kim frowned and took the medical record he was holding. I observed him for quite some time and tried to peek on what he was writing.

 

After a few minutes, he broke the silence by facing the nurse and heard him say..

 

“Nurse Lee, schedule Ms. Park for a full Head Examination right away.”

 

I gulped and suddenly felt my heart beat faster than normal.