Chapter 20

So Near Yet So Far

 

-o0o-

 

DARA’s POV

 

After the YG Family Concerts held in Japan, the girls and I immediately went back to Korea for the preparation on our next album and world tour. These would be the last activities I would be participating as part of 2ne1. Bommie unnie has been very persistent in convincing me not to leave. Even Chaerin and Minzy do not fail to talk to me. I admit that at times, I feel like staying. But a larger part of my heart says that I should go…

 

A phone call suddenly emerged and interrupted my thoughts as I was alone resting on our dorm.

 

“Yoboseyo?” I answered without knowing who the caller is.

 

“Dara?” I heard the other line answered. My heart fluttered as soon as I heard his voice. That voice.

 

“Jiyong..”

 

After our first encounter in Japan, Jiyong made several attempts to talk to me but I avoided him so as not to arise complications anymore. But this time, I know I can’t keep away from him no more. He was already waiting outside our dorm and decided to let him in. I sighed knowing for a fact that in one way or another, we’ll have this talk.

 

I led him to the living room and before I say anything, I heard him say..

 

“Dara… I’m sorry..” I restrained myself to look at him. Not even a glimpse. I kept my position, him facing my back and tried what he said not to let it get to me. But it’s even harder than I thought. I heaved a deep sigh and answered.

 

“You don’t have to be, Jiyong. The things that have happened between the two of us, let’s forget them. Let’s just start anew.”

 

Silence enveloped the living room after that. He then break it off after a few.

 

“If you want us to start all over again, why are you leaving, Dara? I heard him asked.

 

I was taken aback by what he said. A frown creased on my forehead as I asked myself silently, How did he know I’m leaving? I guess I couldn’t keep this a secret anymore.

 

“This was my decision and sajangnim has already agreed to it.” I tried to cut off the topic as I faced him.

 

He shook his head. “No, you can’t. Tell me, Dara. What do I need to do for you to stay?” He went for my hands with no sign of letting them go.

 

“Stop this, Jiyong. I’m doing this for myself and not for anyone else.” I shook my head and continued..

 

“I’m weary. All those feelings, I kept it right here.” Pointing at my heart, unable to avoid the situation now.

 

“And I can’t hold it up anymore, Jiyong. I’ve been bottling them up for too long that I’m scared that it’ll just explode in no time. The things that happened to me, to us.. I can only take one at a time, Ji. Leaving seems to be a better option than staying here unsure and incomplete. Do you understand that?” I said as tears started falling from my eyes.

 

Upon saying those, I saw him in a pained expression. Why does it always have to be like this. Him and me hurting each other unconsciously and unintentionally.

 

“Do you still love me, D? Because I do. I never stopped loving you…”

 

 “It doesn’t matter what I feel anymore. Look at where LOVE brought us, Ji? I think it’s about time we let each other go from all of the pain we went through. Hmmm?”

 

“Is this what you really want?” I heard him ask.

 

Is this what you really want, Dara? I asked myself back. I nodded and whispered,

 

“Yes. Maybe this is what’s best for us.”