Chapter 18

So Near Yet So Far

 

Top was so surprised to see Kiko to in the same restaurant that he and Dara are in. It’s because whenever they’re in Japan, the girl would always tail around with Jiyong. And seeing Kiko here means..

 

“Is she Dara-chan?” She asked Top.

 

“Ah.. yes. Noona, she’s Kiko. Kiko, this is Dara noona.” He introduced both girls as they shook hands.

 

“Finally, we already met. Top, VI & Dae would tell me stories about you whenever they come and visit Japan.” The girl smiled.

 

“Ah. Is that so?” She said while giving both Seunghyun and Kiko glances. “I hope its all good stories.” She said and chuckled.

 

“Don’t worry. They are. They adore you so much! I wonder why Tae and GD never mentioned you anyway.”

 

“Ah. Are you going to meet someone here, Kiko?” Top asked trying to avoid the topic.

 

“Yes, I’m meeting GD here. He’s running kinda late because he had to talk to someone in Seoul.” Oh no! Bad news. Top thought.

 

“Do you mind if we join you two here?” Kiko asked while Top took a glance on Dara and placed an apologetic smile.

 

“No. Sure it’s okay.” Dara answered.

 

Top looked worried because of the situation they are currently in. Kiko excused herself for a while as she talked to Jiyong over the phone. He immediately asked,

 

“Noona, are you sure you’re okay with this? I mean, we can just leave.”

 

The girl smiled and shook her head. “I’m okay, Seunghyun. Sooner or later, I know that I’m going to meet Jiyong whether were in Korea or elsewhere. So why avoid him? No worries, arasso?” Dara assured him.

 

Top sighed feeling a little better after hearing those from her. But the need to protect her still lingers just around the corner. If anything or anyone tries to hurt her, he’ll be the first one to stand on their way.

 

-o0o-

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

I heard my phone rang for quite a few times now and I need not to guess who it was because I’m sure it’s Kiko. She’s been bugging me to meet up ever since she knew that we’re coming to Japan for the YG Family Concert. Kiko is a friend we met two years ago after we were invited to sing at a runway show.

 

Upon arriving at the restaurant, I quickly searched for her. I saw her giving me signals to come near her. But what I did not know is that we have company tonight.

 

“GD!” She walked towards me and clung to my arm. “Look who I run into?” She asked.

 

“Who?” I asked.

 

“Top and Dara-chan!” She said and smiled excitedly.

 

I stopped on my track and shock was written all over my face. Of all people Kiko would run into, why does it have to be Top hyung and Dara?

 

Kiko frowned upon seeing my face. “Why do you seem displeased? Is there any problem?”

 

I shook my head. Big Problem? Yes. Definitely. He thought. “Ani. I just didn’t know that they will be here so I was surprised.” I answered instead.

 

”Don’t worry. Dara-chan said it’s okay for us to join them.” She added and dragged me towards the table Dara and Top hyung is occupying.

 

She said that? I thought and asked myself silently. I was far beyond worried on the situation I was about to get in. This would be the first time I would be seeing Dara again after the accident. How will I face her? To think that Top hyung is with her makes things more complicated that it already is.

 

Upon reaching their table, Kiko quickly sat opposite the two. Kiko sat in front of hyung while I sat on the chair in front of Dara.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting. You know how busy GD is, right?” I heard Kiko apologized in my behalf.

 

“We know. Sunbae’s really hardworking, right Seunghyun?.” Dara said as he faced hyung. That was the only time I lifted my face and looked at them.  I saw them both chuckled and continued eating.

 

Kiko went  closer and whispered to my ear, “Aren’t they cute together?”

 

I felt a lump on my throat started to build up upon hearing what Kiko said. The two of them together? I took a glance at them again and forced a smile.

 

“So how long are you going to be here, Ji?” Kiko asked.

 

I cleared my throat and said, “After the YG Concert on the 20th, we will be heading back to Korea. But we’ll be constantly flying back and forth for our Japan promotions.”

 

“Really? Then that’s good news! You know I always miss you whenever you’re not around.” She longingly said.

 

I quickly looked at Dara’s reaction upon hearing Kiko’s statement. I forgot that she can be brutally honest at most times. She doesn’t even mind the people around us. I was scared that Dara will be hurt by those words but Hurt was an overstatement. I saw her smile instead.

 

I am starting to get confused. Did I just got used to see her hurting every time we meet that I’m actually scared of seeing her all okay now?

 

-o0o-

 

For about an hour, Kiko was the only one keeping the conversations alive. She kept on talking about her modeling career and how she hopes to visit Korea soon. However, the three of us just listened to her.

 

As for Dara, I took a few glances at her to see if she’s fine. I know what’s going on that mind of hers. That me and Kiko has a thing for each other. But how will I explain everything to her? How will I even start a conversation with her?

 

She then excused herself as she went to the bathroom. I thought it would be my cue to talk to her. As soon as I get up, I knew Top hyung was eyeing me. It’s as if he knows my plan of talking to her but thankfully he let me.

 

I waited for Dara to come out the women’s bathroom. I knew she was surprised seeing me there waiting.

 

“What are you doing here, sunbae?” She frowned then asked.

 

 “Can I talk to you?”

 

She was speechless for a moment then nodded.

 

“What is it, sunbae?”

 

“Why are you like this, Dara?” I somberly asked.

 

I saw her frowned at my question and answered, “What are you saying, sunbae? I don’t understand.”

 

“Why are you being like this?” He asked again.

 

“Did I do something? I don’t remember doing anything wrong, sunbae.” Dara explained.

 

I saw her getting confused. Aren’t she aware that I’m getting out of my mind here? Why does she suddenly acts as if everything is fine?

 

“You doing nothing is what’s wrong here, Dara!” I know I shouldn’t lash out on her here. But her actions right now is already frustrating me. “The words I said, the actions I made, the accident..” I tried to explain to her but she cut me off.

 

“Is that why you’re worried? Don’t be, sunbae. I don’t blame anyone from all that has happened.” She explained. I saw her sighed and continued.. “Besides, isn’t this what you wanted in the first place? You wanted me out of your life. And now that I’m doing this, you’re questioning me why?”

 

I couldn’t move after hearing her said that. It’s as if my feet were glued to the ground. I wanted to apologize. I wanted to explain myself. I wanted to stop her from leaving.

 

“Dara..” I called her as I saw her leaving. She stopped for a while with her back facing me.

 

“Kiko and I..”

 

“She’s beautiful, sunbae. You’ve got good taste.” I heard her say and left.

 

-o0o-

 

The moment I went back to our table, I heard Top hyung and Dara giving their goodbyes to Kiko.

 

“We’re going ahead, Kiko.” Hyung said.

 

“It was nice meeting you, Kiko.” It was Dara’s turn to say goodbye. The other girl offered her hand again and answered back,

 

“Me too, Dara-chan.”

 

“Jiyong, we’re about to leave.” Hyung said as soon as I approached the table.

 

I nodded at him and bade them goodbye. As soon as the two left, I wasn’t myself anymore. Kiko went on and on with her stories although my mind were elsewhere. Confused and frustrated, I headed my way back to the hotel. I was glad that  Kiko did not insisted on going out anymore. I guess she did noticed I spaced out the whole time.

 

The elevator of the hotel seems to be going on for years that I decided to use the stairs instead. We were on the third floor anyways. Reaching the 2nd floor, I heard familiar voices near the door.

 

-o0o-

 

“Noona, I’m sorry. I didn’t know Kiko and Jiyong would be there.” Top apologized while they were standing at the front of their room’s doorstep.

 

“It’s okay, Seunghyun. You don’t need to apologize. As what you’ve said, we didn’t know they’d be there, right?” Dara explained.

 

Seunghyun nodded and sighed in relief. He knew Jiyong went to her and tried to talk to her that’s why he’s observing her after she went back from the restroom. But she seems fine though.

 

“Are you sure you’re really okay, noona?” He asked her again making sure she isn’t hurt or anything. “Kiko is a friend we met when we were invited on a runway show. She –“ Before he even continue, she cut me off and said,

 

“Seunghyun, I’m fine. Really. And about Kiko? She seems nice. She and Jiyong look good together.”

 

“Aren’t you..” He couldn’t say the word “jealous” to her but he saw through him.

 

“Jealous? Hurt? No. Gladly, I’m not. I guess I accepted the fact that Jiyong and I are really over. Besides, it’s good that he already has someone who’ll stay by his side and make him happy, right?” She said and smiled.

 

He looked into her eyes and saw a hint of sadness upon hearing her said that. She wasn’t completely over him, Seunghyun knew that. But he smiled back at her knowing that she’s letting herself go from the hurt brought by her love for Jiyong.

 

The two of them were unaware that someone near was on his knees crying. Jiyong didn’t noticed that tears were already flowing from his eyes upon listening to what Dara has uttered a while ago.

 

Hyung was right. She did grew tired of me. Dara is letting me go. It’s what I wished for her to do before and now that she’s actually doing this, hurts him like hell.

 

______________________

A/N: To my readers and subscribers, just hang in there, arasso? :)